Methylene Blue (MB) Is A Potent Aromatase Inhibitor

Both actually. Orally for the mitochondrial benefits and topically for removing things like lipofuscin spots.
Im sorry for necroposting. I would appreciate dosage and aplication protocol for removing lipofuscin using MB.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Im sorry for necroposting. I would appreciate dosage and aplication protocol for removing lipofuscin using MB.

Vitamin E is probably better for removal of skin lipofuscin. Any dose would work, especially if mixed with some oil and rubbed on top of the spots.

Texon

Vitamin E is probably better for removal of skin lipofuscin. Any dose would work, especially if mixed with some oil and rubbed on top of the spots.
Hope this post isn't misplaced, but I just found this about minimizing/reversing lipofuscin accumulation. Appears it has something to do with SOD scavenging and induction of a body perception of starvation? Frankly, the science is beyond me.
Absence of lipofuscin in motor neurons of SOD1-linked ALS mice

Here is another abstract regarding grape seed extract.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...ethanol-induced_neuronal_lipofuscin_formation

Simon R.

I can't find the original reference on PubMed or anywhere else, so if someone can dig that up for me I'd really appreciate it. For now, we'll have to accept the following statement from the book (the book seems rather legit btw).

https://books.google.com/books?id=plBoB ... se&f=false

"...Further evaluations showed miconazole [81] and methylene blue [82] are very potent aromatase inhibitors with IC50 values of 0.04 and 0.55 uM respectively."

While the pharmacokinetics of MB differ wildly from a person to person, an oral dose of about 10mg should achieve concentrations of at least 0.5uM in most people, and in fact probably closer to 1uM. Given that MB also uncouples mitochondria starting at concentrations of 0.5uM, it looks like you can get the weight loss and anti-estrogen benefits with a fairly low oral dose.
I know some people have reported that they cannot tolerate a dose over 1mg. I had the same experience originally, but just like cyproheptadine I found that it is a matter of acclimatization, at least for me. Now I can take 10mg three times a day and with the exception of intense sweating and high body temperatures I don't really notice any other side effects.
Can one get benefits from taking the daily dose of methylene blue split throughout the day or is it similar to taking it all at once?
I thought about putting it in about a litre of milk and taking sips.

Dave Clark

After using MB for a few months I didn't think anything was really happening, but out of nowhere I noticed I felt warmer, my hands and feet aren't typically cold and I am having more energy (is it helping thyroid?). I use under 1 mg topically, and sometimes orally, but I cant tell the difference between the two usages, I just use it orally sometimes to try and make sure I get some through the digestive system, kidneys, etc. (not sure if that is a good plan or not, seemed logical). I also started using inosine at 1 gm/day, and I can say for sure it has a way of calming (reducing adrenaline) and energizing (ATP), I like this stuff.

After using MB for a few months I didn't think anything was really happening, but out of nowhere I noticed I felt warmer, my hands and feet aren't typically cold and I am having more energy (is it helping thyroid?). I like this stuff.

@Dave Clark Dave, are you still using MB and benefiting from supplementation??

Dave Clark

@Dave Clark Dave, are you still using MB and benefiting from supplementation??
Yes, I am. The only thing I changed was that I am doing it every other day, instead of everyday. I take notice the blue stays on for awhile, so I figured I possibly did not need to do it every day. I will say that I think that all my Peat type changes are synergistic, and I am not sure if the MB gave me the benefits on its own, but it it does correlate to when I started using it. Either way, I continue with everything and monitor my symptoms.

Yes, I am. The only thing I changed was that I am doing it every other day, instead of everyday. I take notice the blue stays on for awhile, so I figured I possibly did not need to do it every day. I will say that I think that all my Peat type changes are synergistic, and I am not sure if the MB gave me the benefits on its own, but it it does correlate to when I started using it. Either way, I continue with everything and monitor my symptoms.
Many thanks for update :D

So; Methylene blue:
60mcg-1mg daily total due to
Mao-A effects happening past 1mg.
If you avoid MAO-A through another supplement, one can go up to 15mg daily in total, but no more than that.

Seems like a pain in the **** vs other supplements that work only within the positive realm of peat although the price is very low.

Will continue to investigate; most benefits seem to be above 1mg, where negatives can occur apparently without other supps or drugs or vits to offset negatives.

Personally tried:
2mg: partial drunkness feeling, with light headache and increase in anxiety.
1mg: lighter version of above but with increase in energy.

Gonna try .5mg later and lower
@X3CyO Do you still use Methylene Blue???

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals