Methylene Blue (MB) Is An Estrogen Antagonist

haidut

Forum Supporter
Some studies showing that MB acts like an estrogen "receptor" antagonist and as expected antagonizes several of estrogen's effects on tissues, especially prolactin and NO increase. My previous post on MB and porlactin/dopamine shows that all of the negative effects tested were caused by administration of estradiol and MB antagonized most of these effects. Given my recent post on caffeine being a potent estrogen antagonist as well, the two substances should synergize. Hence, one of the reasons for their presence in my new product Oxidal.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2467322
"...Methylene blue in a 1% sterile solution for injection to help localize occult breast tumor was shown to interfere with the estrogen-receptor protein (ERP) binding-capacity assay. Cytosols derived from ERP-positive lyophilized powders and human breast tissue were evaluated with and without varying levels of treatment with methylene blue. Cytosols treated with 0.1% methylene blue, a clinically significant level, demonstrated a substantially lower ERP binding capacity compared with control cytosols. This alteration was found to be due to a reduction in specific binding capacity and not to an alteration in apparent cytosol protein concentration. The use of methylene blue for occult breast tumor localization is not recommended when an ERP binding-capacity assay is anticipated."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8624735
"...MB also inhibited the stimulation of bone mass after estradiol in male rats. In this respect, it behaved as an antiestrogen. In the bones, MB also prevented the increase of bone minerals induced by estradiol. MB also produced a decrease in adenohypophyseal ascorbic acid content an potentiated the effect of estradiol in the same direction."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:bump

lindsay

I have been wanting to try Methylene Blue for quite some time, but am not sure how to go about it dosage wise. Any thoughts @haidut ? I drink a lot of coffee, so I am guessing taking one drop with my espresso would be a good option? I'm looking at ordering the pure blue stuff first and seeing how that goes, since it is relatively inexpensive and I need to save my dollars for my next order of TyroMax ;)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have been wanting to try Methylene Blue for quite some time, but am not sure how to go about it dosage wise. Any thoughts @haidut ? I drink a lot of coffee, so I am guessing taking one drop with my espresso would be a good option? I'm looking at ordering the pure blue stuff first and seeing how that goes, since it is relatively inexpensive and I need to save my dollars for my next order of TyroMax ;)

Peat thinks that doses in the range 100mcg (0.1mg) - 1mg daily are optimal. I think doses up to 15mg are fairly safe in most people if separated in doses of 5mg each. However, in people with poor liver function MB may build up pretty quickly and inhibit MAO-A. I think the optimal dose for everybody is different, so start low and work up if needed to find your sweet spot.

lindsay

Peat thinks that doses in the range 100mcg (0.1mg) - 1mg daily are optimal. I think doses up to 15mg are fairly safe in most people if separated in doses of 5mg each. However, in people with poor liver function MB may build up pretty quickly and inhibit MAO-A. I think the optimal dose for everybody is different, so start low and work up if needed to find your sweet spot.

Thank you!

vulture

I'm experiencing success with 2 milligrams twice a day.
What do you exactly mean by "success", Sir?
209.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals