Methylene Blue (MB) Lowers Prolactin By Opposing Estrogen

dookie

haidut , do you have any idea why I would develop estrogenic effects from MB? Even at a dose less than 1 mg, even when I just rub it into my skin (topically). It makes me puffy along with other typical estrogen effects, and I feel the serotonin effects quite strongly too.

There's many cases of medications which in the lab show potent anti-estrogen or anti-XYZ effects, yet in my practical reality, they produce completely different results

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
dookie said:
post 115240 haidut , do you have any idea why I would develop estrogenic effects from MB? Even at a dose less than 1 mg, even when I just rub it into my skin (topically). It makes me puffy along with other typical estrogen effects, and I feel the serotonin effects quite strongly too.

There's many cases of medications which in the lab show potent anti-estrogen or anti-XYZ effects, yet in my practical reality, they produce completely different results

How do you know these are estrogenic effects vs. plain allergic reaction? Also, what are the serotonergic effects you have - do you flush, have diarrhea, shivering, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
haidut said:
post 115234
mayweatherking said:
post 115173
haidut said:
post 115124
mayweatherking said:
post 114917 This is good it has a positive effect against prolactin with increased estrogen. But haidut, what about the increased estrogen that is all ready in the body? How does that play a part?

I posted another study showing MB is also estrogen "receptor" antagonist and aromatase inhibitor. So, it should be able to help with existing and new estrogen as well. Finally, since Mb also helps liver function it should improve estrogen glucuronidation and excretion too.

Very cool. I'm surprised you didn't mention it on bioenergetic view on hair loss that was just posted on danny roddy. i figured it would be a staple for it. but i just started taking it and i have to say it is helping me for sure.

do you think we should take a break from taking it or just stick with 10-15 drops a day? (diluted from 1 drop in a vial)

Ray thinks that 1-2 drops (~1mg) is optimal for long term usage and that seems to work for me. The higher doses were used to treat specific conditions such as depression or Alzheimers, which most people do not have. Also, the MAO-A inhibition becomes really pronounced in the higher doses so that's another reason to not overdo it. The lifespan extension studies found that only the lower doses around 1mg daily increased lifespan so that's another point to not overdo it.

are you talking about 1-2 drops of MB, like straight from the bottle, or 1-2 drops diluted inside a vial? I have a vial, like normal sized that liquid vitamins come in, that i filled with water and put 1 drop of MB inside of it and shook it, and took 10-15 drops of that. or are you saying 1-2 drops of undiluted?

im talking about the fish tank stuff.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
mayweatherking said:
post 115250
haidut said:
post 115234
mayweatherking said:
post 115173
haidut said:
post 115124
mayweatherking said:
post 114917 This is good it has a positive effect against prolactin with increased estrogen. But haidut, what about the increased estrogen that is all ready in the body? How does that play a part?

I posted another study showing MB is also estrogen "receptor" antagonist and aromatase inhibitor. So, it should be able to help with existing and new estrogen as well. Finally, since Mb also helps liver function it should improve estrogen glucuronidation and excretion too.

Very cool. I'm surprised you didn't mention it on bioenergetic view on hair loss that was just posted on danny roddy. i figured it would be a staple for it. but i just started taking it and i have to say it is helping me for sure.

do you think we should take a break from taking it or just stick with 10-15 drops a day? (diluted from 1 drop in a vial)

Ray thinks that 1-2 drops (~1mg) is optimal for long term usage and that seems to work for me. The higher doses were used to treat specific conditions such as depression or Alzheimers, which most people do not have. Also, the MAO-A inhibition becomes really pronounced in the higher doses so that's another reason to not overdo it. The lifespan extension studies found that only the lower doses around 1mg daily increased lifespan so that's another point to not overdo it.

are you talking about 1-2 drops of MB, like straight from the bottle, or 1-2 drops diluted inside a vial? I have a vial, like normal sized that liquid vitamins come in, that i filled with water and put 1 drop of MB inside of it and shook it, and took 10-15 drops of that. or are you saying 1-2 drops of undiluted?

When I do take MB I take 2 drops of Oxidal before going to bed. The drops are mixed with some soda like Pepsi or Coke in a small shot glass and then I drink it and if necessary chase with some more Coke. Other people have done the same with but with juice or water. The solvent really does not matter unless it is coffee which is not advised to take with MB.

jaa

haidut said:
When I do take MB I take 2 drops of Oxidal before going to bed. The drops are mixed with some soda like Pepsi or Coke in a small shot glass and then I drink it and if necessary chase with some more Coke. Other people have done the same with but with juice or water. The solvent really does not matter unless it is coffee which is not advised to take with MB.

Why is it not advisable to take MB in coffee? That's been my preferred mix.

dookie

haidut said:
How do you know these are estrogenic effects vs. plain allergic reaction? Also, what are the serotonergic effects you have - do you flush, have diarrhea, shivering, etc?

I know the estrogen experience quite closely from drinking beer, MB resembles it in several ways. When I take any amount of MB (measured very carefully, even doses in the mcg range cause this problem), the next day I feel like I had several beers. I swell up to the point where I need to go a notch up on my belt. My moles also become slightly darker. Other typical beer effects. But it could just be the increased serotonin that's somehow synergizing with (already existing) estrogen. Serotonin-like effects include sweating excessively, excitation,.. I found that if I eat aged cheese or bananas, the effects become much worse, so I'm assuming it's serotonin that's responsible, since those foods (especially aged cheeses) are on the lists of forbidden foods when taking an MAO inhibitor (to avoid serotonin syndrome)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jaa said:
post 115272
haidut said:

Depending on how much caffeine you ingest, adding MB may temporarily raise blood pressure a bit beyond your comfort zone. The amount of caffeine in Oxidal is not enough to do that but the amount in a cup of coffee is probably more than enough.

jaa

haidut said:
post 115324
jaa said:
post 115272
haidut said:

Depending on how much caffeine you ingest, adding MB may temporarily raise blood pressure a bit beyond your comfort zone. The amount of caffeine in Oxidal is not enough to do that but the amount in a cup of coffee is probably more than enough.

Thanks for the warning. I haven't had any bad experiences with the combo so far, but it's something I'll pay attention to in the future.

haidut said:
post 115257
mayweatherking said:
post 115250
haidut said:
post 115234
mayweatherking said:
post 115173
haidut said:
post 115124
mayweatherking said:

what about a whole bottle of coke? because of the caffeine in it as well.

LeeBee

Hey Parsifal, I am wondering whether you have experimented with increased niacinamide yet? I recently increased my dose from 500mg x 2 per day to 1500mg x 2 per day and am noticing a positive shift in physical energy and also in the "give a damn" factor, which has been very low in me for a LOOOOOONG time now. Be interested to hear if you have tried it. Anhedonia is a living death :( very cruel

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
InterrogaOmnia said:
post 116653 sooo, mb shouldn't be mixed with higher caffeine doses?

Yes, since it can raise your blood pressure too much for comfort.

So I stopped taking methylene blue a couple months ago. I think I upped my dose too quickly and didn't feel great one day. These last couple months have been brutal with the cold weather and work stress. I kept taking caffeine and aspirin in varying doses without much success in improving my energy. I've been sick virtually this entire last month and just been feeling awful in general. Achy knees, random migraines, lack of strength, and no libido. I've also been waking up in pools of sweat every night. For what ever reason I decided to start taking oxidal again the other day.... and holy ***t. The effects of half a milligram are incredible. I mean within 15 minutes I felt a huge boost in energy. I get that feeling of wanting to run around and be playful. Laying in bed, my mind was calm and I had pleasant thoughts. Amazing sleep. So the next morning my foot, which has been swollen for a week feels ten times better. The damn thing was killing me every day at work. It's only been a few days of 1.5-2mg a day but my face looks thinner and my energy and libido is back. Wow.

I also started taking 5 topical mg's a day of haidut's K2 last week. I think that may be contributing to MB's effectiveness.

I think K2, MB, and moderate caffeine is a winner for me.

tara

For instance, should I be pointing out that vitamin B1 is not advisable for people who already have high CO2? Or that women with PCOS should not be taking DHEA?
If you happen to come across such information, and have time to post I think it could be really useful. That's not specific to just one person, it's more general.

aged cheese or
Also histamine.

I don't think anyone can answer this without knowing the concentration/dilution of what you have.
1 drop of Haidut's oxidal is ~400mcg MB.
So you can calculate how much you need to dilute and use to get a similar amount.

Mr Rossi

For instance, should I be pointing out that vitamin B1 is not advisable for people who already have high CO2? Or that women with PCOS should not be taking DHEA?
If you happen to come across such information, and have time to post I think it could be really useful. That's not specific to just one person, it's more general.

That would be very helpful for many members.;)

Parsifal

Hey Parsifal, I am wondering whether you have experimented with increased niacinamide yet? I recently increased my dose from 500mg x 2 per day to 1500mg x 2 per day and am noticing a positive shift in physical energy and also in the "give a damn" factor, which has been very low in me for a LOOOOOONG time now. Be interested to hear if you have tried it. Anhedonia is a living death :( very cruel

Hi there, sorry for the last reply. Lately, I've had a huge relief of anhedonia and ADHD with Tyromax, Tyrosina and high caffeine. I dont like high doses of niacinamide, it gives me nausea though. I have a lot of things to experiment yet, I want to try to up my zinc, selenium, manganese, copper and chromium, it seems that supplements are not a good way though.

@Giraffe: Thank you! :)

Fractality

It can give me headaches in dosed of 5mg+ which I think is a sign that it is increasing serotonin. Also, when taken before bed it knocks me out for 8-9 hours and then I am really sleepy until early afternoon the next day. Other than that I think it can replace antibiotics for all but the most serious infections. Same thing for viral issues - a few drops of MB stop the "flu" in its tracks. The latter is not surprising given Ray's view that the flu symptoms are caused by endotoxin and NO, and MB inhibits the release of both of these.

Do you think it could be used effectively as a herpes treatment? I had a cold sore a few weeks back and when I applied a drop of Oxidal to it for a few days it seemed to clear up quicker.

jyb

Oh yeah, he has mentioned it many times in articles and interviews. I don't think he completely excludes the possibility for a virus to cause the same symptoms, but I think he considers endotoxin a much more plausible explanation of the symptoms of the "flu". Here are some links:
viewtopic.php?t=3881
Food-junk and some mystery ailments: Fatigue, Alzheimer's, Colitis, Immunodeficiency. Carrageenan
"... Since the bowel becomes inflamed in influenze, it is reasonable to think that some of the symptoms of "the flu" are produced by absorbed bowel toxins. The variations in the post-influenza syndromes are very likely influenced by the nature of the bacteria or foods which are present, chronically or at the time of an uncompensated stress or inflammatory disease. K.M. Stevens has argued that while rheumatic fever and glomerulonephritis are caused by the antigens of streptococci, systemic lupus erythematosis (SLE) is probably caused by the antigens of gram-positive lactobacilli found in the normal flora."
http://www.toxinless.com/ray-peat-the-bean-syndrome.pdf
"...Injury to the bowel causes "flu-like" symptoms. There have been reports that the viruses of "respiratory diseases" appear in the intestine before they appear in the respiratory tract. Alvarez found that "when a dog gets distemper the gradient of latent period down its small bowel is reversed," and he suggests that in a cold "a systolic, non-progressive type of contraction appears." He says codeine is the best medicine to block a cold. (I have argued that it is vitamin C's laxative action which can interrupt cold symptoms.) Recent research shows that naloxone, the morphine antagonist, can restore normal responses to the stressed bowel. Alvarez was interested in chronic fatigue and "painful fatigue," and remarked that occasionally "a fatigue state will follow a bout with some infection such as influenza."

I wonder what purpose bowel inflammation would serve. At least with fever or diarrhea, there are theories about how it can help the body get rid of the virus or eliminate toxins. But in this case, an outright free pass to endotoxin seems odd. Especially since this happens in kids with normal metabolism (good metabolism as kids), so we can't claim that this reaction is due to a uncontrolled inflammatory loop. Of course the symptoms can be attenuated in many ways, but the spontaneous reaction from a healthy body to catching a bug or virus from someone else infected seems to be flu like symptoms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals