Methylene Blue Mitochondria ETC

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve been taking 1-2mg/daily (most days) since early 2020. I went up briefly to 10mg but it was too much for me. I still have the slight blue/green urine on 1-2mg so I figured it’s enough for me. Like @OliviaD I weigh 45-46 kg.

Vinny

Guys, does anyone have an idea how many milliliters of Methylene blue roughly per drop has this one? I asked the merchant, but they said (conveniently) they didn`t know...
IMG_20230312_002946_998.jpg
IMG_20230312_002946_998.jpg

LadyRae

Guys, does anyone have an idea how many milliliters of Methylene blue roughly per drop has this one? I asked the merchant, but they said (conveniently) they didn`t know...
View attachment 48410View attachment 48410
On their website it says- 2.44%w/w. It is aquarium methylene blue so I'm not sure how they describe potency when it's not USP grade...

When I buy the USP grade off amazon, they say it is a 1% solution. So each drop is .5mg ..

Vinny

On their website it says- 2.44%w/w. It is aquarium methylene blue so I'm not sure how they describe potency when it's not USP grade...

When I buy the USP grade off amazon, they say it is a 1% solution. So each drop is .5mg ..
Ok. In this case, let me see if I got it correct: do I have to multiply 2.44 by 0.5mg in order to get the MB amount in one drop? Sorry, I`m terrible with maths :nailbiting:

LadyRae

Ok. In this case, let me see if I got it correct: do I have to multiply 2.44 by 0.5mg in order to get the MB amount in one drop? Sorry, I`m terrible with maths :nailbiting:
Perhaps someone else knows how to break this down, I'm not sure either, because I'm not really sure what "w/w" means....

If I were you I would spend the $ and get a bottle of USP grade methylene blue. One bottle on Amazon costs about $30 and lasts quite a long time unless you are mega dosing...

Vinny

Perhaps someone else knows how to break this down, I'm not sure either, because I'm not really sure what "w/w" means....

If I were you I would spend the $ and get a bottle of USP grade methylene blue. One bottle on Amazon costs about $30 and lasts quite a long time unless you are mega dosing...
Thank you

OliviaD

Thank you
I agree - I am all for saving money when possible, but even USP grade methylene blue is relatively inexpensive, and lesser grade/aquarium use types are supposedly wrought with impurities.

Most pre-mixed bottles are 1% solutions, but you need to note the percent when determining how much you need to take for dose. 1% is easy, as 1 ml = 1 mg. So, if you have a graded dropper, 5 ml = 5 mg, etc.

I have bought both the powder and pre-mixed liquid. The pre-mixed was double the price - i.e. 50 ml bottle same price as powder to make 100 ml. So, I definite savings. I admit, it is so much easier to just be able to use it out of the bottle, but hard to justify paying 2x as much. This is b/c I guess I am sloppy, but I can't seem to mix a batch without getting blue all over the sink, counter and staining a dish cloth and towel. Just one drop - and if you wipe it, it just spreads. I am able to get the stains out of hard surfaces with Vit C powder, but any fabric is permanently stained. Then, I'm never sure if I have it mixed properly, as it is always much darker blue when I get near the bottom of the bottle.

I use the powder from CTZL, ordered the pre-mix from Compassialab. I also heard a 'biohacker' rec Swiss Chem brand

Vinny

I agree - I am all for saving money when possible, but even USP grade methylene blue is relatively inexpensive, and lesser grade/aquarium use types are supposedly wrought with impurities.

Most pre-mixed bottles are 1% solutions, but you need to note the percent when determining how much you need to take for dose. 1% is easy, as 1 ml = 1 mg. So, if you have a graded dropper, 5 ml = 5 mg, etc.

I have bought both the powder and pre-mixed liquid. The pre-mixed was double the price - i.e. 50 ml bottle same price as powder to make 100 ml. So, I definite savings. I admit, it is so much easier to just be able to use it out of the bottle, but hard to justify paying 2x as much. This is b/c I guess I am sloppy, but I can't seem to mix a batch without getting blue all over the sink, counter and staining a dish cloth and towel. Just one drop - and if you wipe it, it just spreads. I am able to get the stains out of hard surfaces with Vit C powder, but any fabric is permanently stained. Then, I'm never sure if I have it mixed properly, as it is always much darker blue when I get near the bottom of the bottle.

I use the powder from CTZL, ordered the pre-mix from Compassialab. I also heard a 'biohacker' rec Swiss Chem brand
Thank you, Olivia

Donna57

Forum Supporter
The Brain has exceptional high requirement for energy metabolism with glucose as the exclusive energy source. Decrease of brain energy metabolism and glucose uptake has been found in patients of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and other neurodegenerative diseases, providing a clear link between neurodegenerative disorders and energy metabolism. On the other hand, cancers, including glioblastoma, have increased glucose uptake and rely on aerobic glycolysis for energy metabolism. The switch of high efficient oxidative phosphorylation to low efficient aerobic glycolysis pathway (Warburg effect) provides macromolecule for biosynthesis and proliferation. Current research indicate that methylene blue, a century old drug, can receive electron from NADH in the presence of complex I and donates it to cytochrome C, providing an alternative electron transfer pathway. Methylene blue increases oxygen consumption, decrease glycolysis, and increases glucose uptake in vitro. Methylene blue enhances glucose uptake and regional cerebral blood flow in rats upon acute treatment. In addition, methylene blue provides protective effect in neuron and astrocyte against various insults in vitro and in rodent models of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s disease. In glioblastoma cells, methylene blue reverses Warburg effect by enhancing mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation, arrests glioma cell cycle at s-phase, and inhibits glioma cell proliferation. Accordingly, methylene blue activates AMP-activated protein kinase, inhibits downstream acetyl-coA carboxylase and cyclin-dependent kinases. In summary, there is accumulating evidence providing a proof of concept that enhancement of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation via alternative mitochondrial electron transfer may offer protective action against neurodegenerative diseases and inhibit cancers proliferation.

Donna57

Forum Supporter

it’s important to realize when electrons flow, that’s called current. Okay? So if you have enough antioxidants like vitamin C that not only will donate electron but will rapidly take the electron back when it’s, after it’s been oxidized, this actually generates a flow of electrons, gives you microcurrents and generates voltage potentials across a cell. And there’s many articles in the literature that clearly show that certain degrees of current and certain degrees of voltage are clear markers of whether a cell is healthy or not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals