Methylene Blue Mitochondria ETC

Hans

Forum Supporter
How do you arrive at 20 mg/daily? Do you rely on your pee turning blue as a guide? When I started on MB, I was taking 6 drops a day, and I immediately got green pee. But now, at 16 drops a day, which is 6.4mg/day, I'm just seeing yellow pee. Do you increase dosage until you feel it working well on you. Is it by feel or do you have some markers as a guide? Like temperature, heart rate, breathing rate etc.?
Yeah I was going on visual clarity. 20mg gives me crisp vision. After a few days at 20mg I dropped it to 15mg and will see if the benefits remain. Then I'll drop it to 10mg and so on until I find the lowest dose that works for me.

yerrag

Yeah I was going on visual clarity. 20mg gives me crisp vision. After a few days at 20mg I dropped it to 15mg and will see if the benefits remain. Then I'll drop it to 10mg and so on until I find the lowest dose that works for me.
Oh yes, you said that and it went past me. Thanks!

CreakyJoints

Sorry to labor the point, I know I've asked you directly multiple times already - did you experiment further with combining MB and ascorbic acid/vitamin C? You made a number of posts about it in the past.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sorry to labor the point, I know I've asked you directly multiple times already - did you experiment further with combining MB and ascorbic acid/vitamin C? You made a number of posts about it in the past.
Sorry if I missed your question. No I haven't used ascorbic acid again apart from using it for a few weeks. I didn't feel anything special from the added vitamin C. But in theory, it should be very good for the ETC.

CreakyJoints

Sorry if I missed your question. No I haven't used ascorbic acid again apart from using it for a few weeks. I didn't feel anything special from the added vitamin C. But in theory, it should be very good for the ETC.
Thank you for the response!

Mossy

Yes, methylene blue with b1 and biotin are better than thyroid.
I'm curious where you came up with this combination as a substitute for thyroid. I ask this out of curiosity, not critique.

yerrag

How are you doing on this? What dosage have you determined to be the lowest that works?

Are you spreading the dosage throughout the day? If so, how many times?

I have a friend take mb 4x10mg/day for UTI. It does the work. Unlike me, she sleeps well. I've seen her CBC and she doesn't seem to have infection in blood vessels (low wbc, neutrophils, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils). So, the mb isn't killing bacteria along the blood vessels. Unlike me. So I'm urinating a lot at night when taken at night. I'm just taking 6.4mb once a day in the morning. Will add another dose mid-day to see if it affects my nighttime urination.

I get less frothy urine using mb. I am thinking it kills a catalase-positive enzyme made by a bacteria. My neutrophils don't lose H2O2 to H2O when this bacteria is killed. It makes more H2O2 available for making ROS for phagocytosis. I am hoping this allows my neutrophils to finally allow immune complexes to be gobbled up. A failure to do that causes neutrophils and macrophages to continually try to eat up the antigens and failing each time. This creates chronic inflammation and oxidative stresses. This causes albumin to be used up as an antioxidant to counter oxidative stress. The oxidized albumin gets to be excreted along with urine and causes frothiness in urine. So the reduced frothiness is for me a good sign the mb is working.

I wonder if you have an explanation for the improved visual clarity. I noticed in using mb my eyes are slightly bloodshot. I don't know why though.

Hans

Forum Supporter
How are you doing on this? What dosage have you determined to be the lowest that works?

Are you spreading the dosage throughout the day? If so, how many times?
I just dissolve it in some water and swallow it first thing in the morning. I used it for 2 weeks straight and then stopped and my vision remained excellent. I now only occasionally use it.
I wonder if you have an explanation for the improved visual clarity. I noticed in using mb my eyes are slightly bloodshot. I don't know why though.
My eye irritation correlates with gut irritation. Gut irritation is known to increase iNOS and neuroinflammation and disrupt energy production. And MB is a potent inhibitor of iNOS and is very neuroprotective. So I think it's the combination of reduces oxidative stress and enhances energy production.
Will add another dose mid-day to see if it affects my nighttime urination.
Have you tried aspirin, thyroid or some progesterone. Those work very well to reduce nighttime urination for a lot of people.

yerrag

I just dissolve it in some water and swallow it first thing in the morning. I used it for 2 weeks straight and then stopped and my vision remained excellent. I now only occasionally use it.

My eye irritation correlates with gut irritation. Gut irritation is known to increase iNOS and neuroinflammation and disrupt energy production. And MB is a potent inhibitor of iNOS and is very neuroprotective. So I think it's the combination of reduces oxidative stress and enhances energy production.

Have you tried aspirin, thyroid or some progesterone. Those work very well to reduce nighttime urination for a lot of people.
Thanks.

I haven't taken those substances in order to reduce nighttime urination, but have taken them when nighttime urination. wasn't a problem, so I've not tried them for reducing nighttime urination.

I've found my nighttime urination problems to all be self-induced.

Taking proteolytic enzymes released a lot of bacteria embedded in blood vessel plaque. The bacteria caused an immune response that generates plenty of water and urination.

Taking MB before sleep does thst as well. MB is antibacterial and it seems killing bacteria also generates a lot of water and subsequent urination.

Taking some seemingly innocuous substances has thst effect on me as well. Therapeutic doses of mag chloride cause my ecf to become very acidic, and this causes frequent urination to relieve the acidity.

Even taking bicarbonate when the body is already optimal in acid-base balance tilts my acid-base balance to the alkaline side, and this also causes heavy and frequent urination.

But thank you. I'll keep those tips in mind in the future when the need arises.

Phosphor

I have had some MB for quite a while and have been sort of waiting to try it; I have severe mitochondrial damage from more than one "medical insult." I take a LOT of supps, have restored some of my energy but still basically entirely lack motivation to do much of anything. If I need to do an "emergency cleanup" of my house because someone is coming over, I last about two hours and then totally collapse. It simply takes time to regenerate, a day or two. I was hoping MB could help with that. However, a lot of things I just put in my measured daily water and was planning to do that with the MB since it is a liquid, and to get the all-day benefits.
I also have seen a wide variety of dosages and am not a rat, so wondering where one would start with this.
I do think I had it once in my long-ago teenage years when I had a bladder infection. I was given tiny little pills that turned my urine a distinct blue color. I remember no negative side effects, but that was a really long time ago.

Dr. B

I have had some MB for quite a while and have been sort of waiting to try it; I have severe mitochondrial damage from more than one "medical insult." I take a LOT of supps, have restored some of my energy but still basically entirely lack motivation to do much of anything. If I need to do an "emergency cleanup" of my house because someone is coming over, I last about two hours and then totally collapse. It simply takes time to regenerate, a day or two. I was hoping MB could help with that. However, a lot of things I just put in my measured daily water and was planning to do that with the MB since it is a liquid, and to get the all-day benefits.
I also have seen a wide variety of dosages and am not a rat, so wondering where one would start with this.
I do think I had it once in my long-ago teenage years when I had a bladder infection. I was given tiny little pills that turned my urine a distinct blue color. I remember no negative side effects, but that was a really long time ago.
You may want to stop water and sodas entirely and just stick to organic dairy, organic juices and coconut water. Water isn’t really safe, and I’m not sure reverse osmosis or distilled water is safe either. It has the toxins and hormones removed but those processes of reverse osmosis or distillation might do something to the water that create harm in it.
With juices you’re likely getting some form of filtered rain water. With milk you’re getting filtered rainwater or a filtered form of whatever water the cows were drinking.

OliviaD

I realize this is an old old threat - but just in case anyone else is interested :) I've recently done a lot of reading/research re: MB and dosage, as I am going to start today. I have decided to follow Dr. Francisco Gonzalez-Limas suggestions he gave in an interview. He has done extensive research with MB and seems to be one of the most knowledgeable sources I've found. He recommends 0.5-1 mg/kg per day for most purposes - taking it daily for a period of time for reparative or preventative purposes. I am going to start with the 0.5 mg/kg dose, divided into 2 (bid). I will do this for a week and then increase a mg or 2 every few days up to the 1 mg/kg dose, unless I get negative symptoms.

He states a max dose he would recommend would be 3-5 mg/kg (I believe for this type of daily dosing). I'm not sure about how (or if) it could be used for an acute "boost" as you may be suggesting (unless I'm reading that wrong). He didn't discuss that in the article I read where he was giving "practical" advice.

It was used as a med for bladder infections in the past! I can't remember the name, but it was a standard dose of 65 mg/day! So obviously this dose is safe. I don't think its available anymore.

I've read a bit on here about people using much lower doses, but there isn't anyone who gives a report of how it worked over time,, and if it helped the problem they were using it for.

You may have already experimented, and I would be interested in your results!

BTW, I think doing a couple hours of heavy duty emergency cleaning is impressive! I would be happy to be able to do that!

jrayr90

I realize this is an old old threat - but just in case anyone else is interested :) I've recently done a lot of reading/research re: MB and dosage, as I am going to start today. I have decided to follow Dr. Francisco Gonzalez-Limas suggestions he gave in an interview. He has done extensive research with MB and seems to be one of the most knowledgeable sources I've found. He recommends 0.5-1 mg/kg per day for most purposes - taking it daily for a period of time for reparative or preventative purposes. I am going to start with the 0.5 mg/kg dose, divided into 2 (bid). I will do this for a week and then increase a mg or 2 every few days up to the 1 mg/kg dose, unless I get negative symptoms.

He states a max dose he would recommend would be 3-5 mg/kg (I believe for this type of daily dosing). I'm not sure about how (or if) it could be used for an acute "boost" as you may be suggesting (unless I'm reading that wrong). He didn't discuss that in the article I read where he was giving "practical" advice.

It was used as a med for bladder infections in the past! I can't remember the name, but it was a standard dose of 65 mg/day! So obviously this dose is safe. I don't think its available anymore.

I've read a bit on here about people using much lower doses, but there isn't anyone who gives a report of how it worked over time,, and if it helped the problem they were using it for.

You may have already experimented, and I would be interested in your results!

BTW, I think doing a couple hours of heavy duty emergency cleaning is impressive! I would be happy to be able to do that!

Hi Olivia,

Would you mind updating us on how your experience with MB has gone? I’m considering the same protocol. Thanks!

OliviaD

Hi Olivia,

Would you mind updating us on how your experience with MB has gone? I’m considering the same protocol. Thanks!
Sure 1. despite saying every day I'm going to be a better 'scientist' and keep detailed records, I don't and I need to be better about that , however in this case, my rough estimates can tell you something (by 'better records' I mean specifically noting start dates, maybe some kind of objective rating scales, etc. So here''s my not very scientific experience thus far. My main reason/hope is that based on the fact that all chronic illness/problems are issues with mitochondrial function, it might help my sluggish GI tract. Of course, improvement in energy, and general sense of well being would nice and the studies on prevention of cognitive decline are also compelling. (although Gonzalez-Lima was clear in an interview that you can't just depend on MB to save you - you have to work on all the usual lifestyle factors also.

Based on his research with the Alzheimer's folks and some recent Mark Sloane talks, it seems that some people are getting good results with lower dose - like 10 mg. So, I started with that. I weigh about 45.5 kg. I started with this split into 2x/day, 5 mg each, and I take it in about 12 oz 50:50 OJ and water - mainly b/c the OJ decreases the blue staining and tastes better. A lot of people just drop in in the back of their throats , but it's an opportunity for some extra hydration, and much more pleasant for me :)

I was pleasantly surprised to find that it did seem to improve my GI function . i.e less constipation. Not a miracle, but I wouldn't expect that. i've had a problem for 15 years. I normally would need to use a biscodoyl laxative about 2x /week, and have been able to really cut back. Again, I should be keeping better track - as I did need to do the extra 'clean out' lets say, 3x/ in the first 2 months. This was really encouraging. No other changes, and I did continue my nightly cup of senna tea, which helps. I didn't notice any grand increase in energy or cognitive function, but I thing the latter is more of a long term/preventative thing.

I see it as a 'mitochondrial booster' by helping to recycle my electrons. I think my mitochondria are probably pretty fried from way too much computer use and the artificial lighting, so I have a lot of damage to overcome.

I did some reading about how you can monitor how often you need to dose by your urine color - if it's blue, you still have enough in you So, I then moved to 10 mg once a day - in the morning, as it made sense it would be most effective with the light - as I'm also working on getting out in the am light (cyt b oxidase being a red light chromophore).

I've read anecdotal l reports of people saying they feel really energetic (i.e an acute effect) after taking higher doses, so about three weeks ago I bumped up to 20 mg, which is about 0.5 mg/kg for me. Then up to 30. I can't say I've noticed any enhancement over the 10 mg. Unfortunately, no dramatic increase in energy...

Probably most telling was that I was off for a week b/c I didn't re-order soon enough, and I did not feel as good, and my bowels felt a little more sluggish. I realize that is not very 'scientific'... I would say it is like my morning cup of coffee. now,. I don't feel as good if I don't have that every morning.

Given the theoretical mechanism of how it works, I'm going to keep using it. Compared to other supplements, it is dirt cheap.

I"m not sure what my next move will be - might just cut back to 10 mg.. that was working okay I could try splitting the higher dose into 2.. but I like things as simple as possible, and once a day is easier.. I should probably go back and research some more to decide where I want to go. I'll let you know.

I can say I haven't noticed any negative effects, except the occasional staining of the counter /sink if I drip. I recommend some cheap vitamin C , I split a capsule in a dollop of dish soap and that takes it right out. I also found that it can stain glass if you but not a plastic 'glass' so I have a dedicated glass I use for the MB.

Let me know how it works for you!

LadyRae

@OliviaD thank you for the detailed reply! I’ll let you know what my experience is like!
I have the same exact experience as @OliviaD . Currently I'm taking my dose before bed. About 20 drops (10mg) in a little bit of water and then I hold it in my mouth and swish it around for 2 or 3 minutes. I want it to work on my gums and I want to absorb some directly into my bloodstream so I make sure to get it under my tongue while I am swishing...

Of course my tongue is quite blue after that but by morning it's not noticeable unless I stick my tongue way out and then I can still see some blue on the back of my tongue...

Energy increase is quite noticeable the following day

jrayr90

I have the same exact experience as @OliviaD . Currently I'm taking my dose before bed. About 20 drops (10mg) in a little bit of water and then I hold it in my mouth and swish it around for 2 or 3 minutes. I want it to work on my gums and I want to absorb some directly into my bloodstream so I make sure to get it under my tongue while I am swishing...

Of course my tongue is quite blue after that but by morning it's not noticeable unless I stick my tongue way out and then I can still see some blue on the back of my tongue...

Energy increase is quite noticeable the following day

Thanks for sharing!

I have 2 dental implants so don’t want to risk staining them by swishing, but I’ll figure something out!

Did you play around with dosing / timing for a while before finding the sweet spot?

LadyRae

Thanks for sharing!

I have 2 dental implants so don’t want to risk staining them by swishing, but I’ll figure something out!

Did you play around with dosing / timing for a while before finding the sweet spot?
Yes, I started at a really low dose and didn't notice much with just a few drops. I think I started dosing higher and swishing after I had been backpacking with my daughter for a month in the summer of 2021.. during that hike I was just using a manual toothbrush and had left my sonicare at home of course. My periodontal pocket got bigger and kept trapping food and I think it got a little infected. It hurt. Of course I am not denying the fact that my body was also under a lot of stress with all of that hiking with a 35 lb pack...

When we got home, I had my daughter put a couple drops of methylene blue into the pocket for me twice a day and this cleared things up within a week...

Also I have heard Georgi recommend using methylene blue as a mouthwash several times during the generative energy podcasts...

sunny

@jrayr90 , try rubbing some directly on gums in a spot away from implant area. I was concerned about staining dental work as well but have not had that happen.

Vinny

Hi Phosphor,
I wonder, how does one determine mitochondrial disfunction? Have you done any tests (if they exist) or you judged only by symptoms? I had been suffering for years lack of energy, very poor recovery rate, depression and no motivation at all, and I`m still clueless what might have caused it.
It got a little better, at list bearable, a couple of years ago, no idea why, but even though, I`m still no more than half a human....

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals