Losing Faith In Ray Peat

Xisca

Women that have more nausea during pregnancy tend to have healthier births she explained to me, the nausea is caused by the extra progesterone, it is how the body is preparing the uterus for birth. I asked her to write up the details and i will present when i get the info from her.
Have a look at Katarina Dalton work, you have some on the forum. That would be the reverse, about nausea. Lack of progesterone, and those women usually solve it by eating some carb quite often, this keeps stomach in check. Dalton says that eating often is the key for women who lack progesterone and have symtoms. Even, she says that progesterone treatment may not work if there is blood sugar issue with hypo. In my case she is right.
So, ask her if she knows this tremendous english doctor, and to look into it.
The cause and effect could be: too low progesterone, which is a problem,, the body reacts and send nausea that are relieved by eating, the sugar stabilise, and the natural progesterone can be used by the body, then the nausea stop and may be even those women and baby benefit of more progesterone, if she is right that birht is healthier.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Have a look at Katarina Dalton work, you have some on the forum. That would be the reverse, about nausea. Lack of progesterone, and those women usually solve it by eating some carb quite often, this keeps stomach in check. Dalton says that eating often is the key for women who lack progesterone and have symtoms. Even, she says that progesterone treatment may not work if there is blood sugar issue with hypo. In my case she is right.
The cause and effect could be: too low progesterone, which is a problem,, the body reacts and send nausea that are relieved by eating, the sugar stabilise, and the natural progesterone can be used by the body, then the nausea stop and may be even those women and baby benefit of more progesterone, if she is right that birht is healthier.

Yes of course you have to eat good and keep blood sugar up, there is no one hormone or chemical in isolation that is responsible for homeostasis, its all about balance!

Are you using the red light i have been talking about, your going to drive yourself crazy trying to figure out exactly why everything is working or not working, science is in its infancy, and there is conflicting views on everything... In the words of our inspiration for this forum, Experiment!!

Xisca

Progesterone has something specific with glycemia, may be because nature want a woman to be in a period of good food to get pregnant...
Did you know K. Dalton?

It is easier to chose the experiment when you know what worked for someone who is as similar to you as possible.
That is why I asked you about taking into account lactate for example...

I have only a Philips 175 w red bulb ... and a lot of sun like in Florida.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Progesterone has something specific with glycemia, may be because nature want a woman to be in a period of good food to get pregnant...
Did you know K. Dalton?

It is easier to chose the experiment when you know what worked for someone who is as similar to you as possible.
That is why I asked you about taking into account lactate for example...

I have only a Philips 175 w red bulb ... and a lot of sun like in Florida.

That phillips light is not going to do much for you and sunlight is good but to much ultraviolet spectrum for your eyes right now.

You need concentrations of the specific red spectrums of light held over specific parts of your body and in through your eyes. The light i have recommended (red light device mini, from red light man) is perfect for that.

Your to much in you head darling, healing oneself is science and intuition.

Actually (here we go) most the people on this forums main problem is they are to intelligent, and always looking for the perfect scientific answer to every detail of what they are doing. This forum becomes a fascination and mental addiction instead of a resource to get off the computer and heal themselves.

A big part of the problem for many of us is we are too disconnected from our bodies. Thinking it self uses up loads of oxygen in the brain.

You have read my explanation of using the red light, i have presented the amazing health benefits of Larch arabinogalactan, you have olive leaves growing in you back yard!

I once asked the yogi friend of mine in the himalayas why it seemed so difficult for many people to attain self realization, he said… “Because it is so close”

Lots of Love!

OP
S

StrongMom

I have her book at home, have not read the whole book but my casual observation is inline with @Daniel11. I have not nausea in my pregnancy and you know the outcome. All women around me with nausea when pregnant gave birth to healthy children. So there is something missing here. Maybe i ate carbs anyway. Even though i have low progesterone, even high amounts of progesterone is not solving my problems. Even in days i take a bottle of progest-e i had high estrogen symptoms and i was not able to break the cycle. I don't have low blood sugar, but i have insulin resistance. So insulin resistance is kind of like having low sugar maybe I don't know. Also, occasionally i had nausea like symptoms when overdosed progesterone. It was more like having the feeling of full when i eat. I usually end up overeating as i don't have a full feeling most of the time.

Did you have any pregnancy @Xisca? How was it?

Xisca

You'r to much in you head darling, healing oneself is science and intuition.
Both. I can pick up any food and supplement and know which is fine at the present moment, though I still have to progress in doing it. Progress there is only by doing. So I can go and ask the olive leaf if it helps me...
A big part of the problem for many of us is we are too disconnected from our bodies.
I keep saying this in many posts about somatic experiencing, which works by reconnecting to the body, as much as one can stand and expand the experience.
Thinking itself uses up loads of oxygen in the brain.
Yes, and maybe it mimicks the scarcity that leads to the metabolic lowering that occurs in the freeze response during colapse, surgery, out of body experience etc, which is all about preserving the little oxygen that is present. I am reading an interview of one of my SE teachers at the moment...
Any metabolic issue puts us in this state, and probably because we have known it before in our life, and we go on reproducing it. It is difficult to change it because it is out of our will, it has to be done by indirect ways.
Self realisation or change is very close, it is in the body. The difficulty of attaining it is not only the closeness but the fear of touching it. Change is intense and overwhealming when too much. This is not theory there, this is experience, personal one...

Xisca

Did you have any pregnancy @Xisca? How was it?
None. And probably not fertile.
I never had strong PMS, maybe some tension and I knew it was the end of the cycle, and sometimes some pain the day before the 1st, and very short and little menstruations.
I do have hot flush, and progest-e does not help much, I feel nothing when I take it.
I have high sugar but normal high, and since teenage.
The origine of my body saving oxygen and lowering metabolism was when a fetus. I guess many people underlook this kind of origine, and the autonomic nervous system is the orchestra chef of the body.

Xisca

OP
S

StrongMom

What are they?
Breast tenderness, pelvis cramping, some lower leg pain. When you have breast tenderness while taking progest-e is means you neeed to raise the dose to prevent progesterone converting into estrogen. However, pelvic cramping is more indirect. It is a sign of inflammation; inflammation activates an enzyme that converts estrogen inactivated by liver into the active form if i understand correctly. RP recommends anti inflammatory substances like aspirin for rather than progest e really.

Xisca

Breast tenderness, pelvis cramping, some lower leg pain.
Like in pms...
Now with menpause, I do not have it anymore.
Even when I had periods those last years, and I do not know if I will have one more, only 2 last year. Only this heat coming up! EXCEPT when I was in bed last year with big sort of flue. stopped metabolism for sure. When I got better, flash again!

OP
S

StrongMom

Like in pms...
Now with menpause, I do not have it anymore.
Even when I had periods those last years, and I do not know if I will have one more, only 2 last year. Only this heat coming up! EXCEPT when I was in bed last year with big sort of flue. stopped metabolism for sure. When I got better, flash again!

Interesting thing is that when i wean of progesterone and pregnenolone, estrogen dominance symptoms disappear in a few days. Just like when you were sick, there is no point i think messing with progesterone or pregnenolone when your metabolism is low. I guess until a point, it does not make a difference.

Also interesting is that once i am totally off progesterone and pregnenolone i got this flue and i just cannot recover. In other words, they were helping in other ways, improving my immune system for example. Also they were helping with sleep. Now that i am off them i had to raise the dosage of my sleep aid.

Xisca

Interesting thing is that when i wean of progesterone and pregnenolone, estrogen dominance symptoms disappear in a few days.
I admit that I do not understand the paradox....

OP
S

StrongMom

Aggh, I don't know how to get across what I'm trying to say... Basically, not all supplements are bad, I find that certain constituents of herbs are very helpful. I have pure Berberine hydrochloride from Bulksupplements and Saffron Extract from Hawaii Pharm. After taking them for like less than a week, my short term memory has so drastically improved, it's great. I used to take Magnolia Officinalis and I miss it though, I feel it too helped me significantly with anxiety and depression. Only recently have I gotten sugar cravings and ate loads of sugar and my anxiety seems to be back in a way that it hasn't been in a very long time.
No, definitely they do help. It is hard to find the balance, though. They don't solve the problem is the diet and encironment is bad. What other problems did you have besides memory? ADD or any intestine problems? My husband suffers from very bad memory and ADD. It came to a point that he could not find any jobs anymore. I just cannot help him as he is a typical guy who does not try to be "healthy" but prefer quick fixes, medication, supplement etc. since i don't know quick fixes, he does not care what i say. I might tell him to take those if they are relatd. Only thing he decided to stick with is Vit B2 as he said that it is helping a little with ADD.

I could not asnwer earlier questions by @Ella @schultz about my husband. In fact, he is even more unhealthy than me but he wants just quick solutions. Otherwise he does not believe.

Xisca

ADD for attention deficit disorder?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
My second favorite supplement is Royal Jelly, it rich in bioavailable nutrients. Royal Jelly is excellent for endocrine functioning and has antiallergenic properties as well as many other benefits, its abundant in trace elements. Fine for women and men, its ancient fame is for encouraging hormonal balance. Many of the oldest living people in the world have been bee keepers.

I find freeze dried royal jelly works as well as fresh and much more convenient, i mix 1/4tsp royal jelly with 1tbs Larch Arabinogalactan in the morning. Another great think about the larch is that research shows it improves the absorption of any nutrients taken with it.

I like this brand, good quality and they are honest about their source.

Lyophilized Royal Jelly

“Royal jelly from Apis mellifera is a highly active natural biological substance and is probably one of the most interesting raw substances in natural product chemistry. Trace elements play a key role in the biomedical activities associated with royal jelly, as these elements have a multitude of known and unknown biological functions. For this reason concentrations of 28 trace (Al, Ba, Sr, Bi, Cd, Hg, Pb, Sn, Te, Tl, W, Sb, Cr, Ni, Ti, V, Co, Mo) and mineral (P, S, Ca, Mg, K, Na, Zn, Fe, Cu, Mn) elements were systematically investigated in botanically and geologically defined royal jelly samples.

Concentrations of K, Na, Mg, Ca, P, S, Cu, Fe, Zn, Al, Ba and Sr in royal jelly were determined by inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES), while concentrations of Bi, Cd, Hg, Pb, Sn, Te, Tl, W, Sb, Cr, Mn, Ni, Ti, V, Co and Mo in royal jelly were determined by double focusing magnetic sector field inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (SF-ICP-MS).”

Trace and mineral elements in royal jelly and homeostatic effects. - PubMed - NCBI

“We have recently shown that royal jelly has potent antiallergic properties in a mouse model of immediate hypersensitivity.”

Major royal jelly protein 3 modulates immune responses in vitro and in vivo - ScienceDirect

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I Like Chlorophyllin much better then Chlorophyll, Chlorophyllin has many remarkable benefits, is very good for sensitive children, and adults, really its good for everyone.

“Because chlorophyll does not dissolve in water, food sources of chlorophyll do not bind to mutagenic substances to a significant extent. Chlorophyllin, being water-soluble, can significantly bind to environmental mutagens such as the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons benzo[a]pyrene[3] and dibenzo{a,i}pyrene.[1] Chlorophyllin binds to mutagens twenty times better than resveratrol and thousands of times better than xanthines.[4]”

The many beneficial effects of Chlorophyllin are usually experienced soon, it make ones relationship with ones environment more pleasurable and enjoyable.:rolleyes:

Chlorophyllin and Environmental Toxins | Life Extension

Footscray

I haven't heard of chlorophyllin. But have looked it up since. What is your experience with it Daniel11 and how did it help you?

Xisca

Chlorophyll and Chlorophyllin
A recently completed study by Linus Pauling Institute investigator Professor George S. Bailey showed that chlorophyllin and chlorophyll were equally effective at blocking uptake of aflatoxin-B1 in humans, using accelerator mass spectrometry to track an ultra-low dose of the carcinogen (C Jubert et al., manuscript submitted).
Make your bone broth with loads of greeeeens!
the -phyllin has copper instead of magnesium. it is soluble in water.
Clorofil is soluble in fat, this I did not know before! -> traditional olive oil in salad, plus vinegar to help for fibre and acidity. But I would easily use coconut oil too, and lemon juice.

I was considering juicing, which really gives extra energy, but is strong and heavy on the stomach.
I am in favor of mixing food, and thus I think about making recipes with the green juice in little quantity. Maybe use it with sugar? So the sugar will be with minerals and vitamins as in fruit. Pure sugar stimulates too much sugar levels in the body, even with all its fructose. Some more length is needed for digestion, to have regularity in sugar levels. And juice still have soluble fibre. This fibre is good for purifying bilis. People who can stand pectine are lucky for this! The fibre that is an irritant for me is clearly the fibrous one. I never swallow it, though it is not considered an educated way of eating...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals