Losing Faith In Ray Peat

chrismeyers

I found Ray's articles about three years ago. My life was messed up; I was under significant stress and had hard time sleeping, but I was medicationless. Now, after three years of billions of experimentations, I am still quite stressed, still have hard time sleeping, also have a lot of other problems I didn't have before, and am totally depended on many supplements and medications. Besides, I happened to give some of those supplements and medications to my sons on the autistic spectrum and they are in a mess just like me. I feel so guilty for doing that! I don't have a degree in medicine or biology, don't have access to continuous stream of blood or saliva tests. I don't even know what to make of the test results anyway. I just cannot figure out what works for me or for my sons. Is it really that complicated? If so, then maybe we shouldn't mess with bodies anyway, maybe we should just let the body do its best given the circumstances, perhaps in a suboptimal way. You might say, ok you are stressed and/or not following the ray's diet fully. That is true, I am avoiding pufa as much as possible, but hey I am living a typical life, going out and eating out. Who has that much time to cook and enjoy the very restricted RP diet. I enjoy food, especially bakeries. I try to find bakeries made with butter and try to have a pleasure out of eat, rather than feeling restricted that I cannot eat this or that. That is a big stress for me. Besides, initially I tried to feel my sons the RP foods. One of them backfired so badly that I had to give up after trying everything I could do for months. The other is still following the Ray's diet reasonably well, but constipated for life. I just have to give him magnesium every single day. On top of that, there is a family and friends' pressure; whatever goes wrong it is because of what I give to them. My picky-eater is losing hair at such a rapid pace that i am scared to death. I tried to reduce their thyroid medications just a tiny bit. Is this because of that I don't know. Me, myself, have been gaining weight (fat) basically since I found Ray's work. Was it worth it? No. My body changed; now I am accumulating more fat around my hips and thighs. I suppose this is an estrogen symptom. Yeah, unbelievable considering that I am almost using up a bottle of Progest-e per day! And a many other problems I didn't have before. So we are not experts, scientists; should we really do that much an intervention to our bodies? Nothing is perfect in this life, nobody is following a perfect diet, but there are a lot of people doing just fine, without any supplements or medications. Aren't we too extreme?

Get rid of all the supplements, vitamins, thyroid drugs, all the crap you are putting into you and your kids. You dont need ANY if them. Move to a whole foods diet using Peat foods preferably organic. Eats fruits, milk, etc. Just reading your post of all the junk you and your kids are on is pretty shocking to me.

OP
S

StrongMom

I never felt like forgiving myself or anyone when i was constipated all the time.

This is my favorite botanical formula for constipation, its very gentle, works quickly and is also great for the liver. Its fine to use for extended periods of time.

Natural Liver Cleanse, Liver Aid - LivAmend

This product is also very helpful for the digestive system…

Bifidus Power Blend Probiotic

Thanks Daniel11. I have never seemed to benefit from probiotic supplements. Over the years, I tried various versions, I have not observed a material change. If you look at the discussions on probiotics/prebiotics in this forum, they seem to be inconclusive. Do you really benefit from probiotics? Also, years ago I read the book by that website, the body ecology diet. I feel like that book was one of things that moved me in the wrong direction: too much emphasis on vegetables and fermented goods. Can you image that I tried to feed fermented foods to my babies!!! I am not still sure about vegetables. Are they part of a nutritious diet? @Ella RP does not recommend vegetables except carrots, mushrooms, and perhaps some cooked green leaves. Vegetables discussion seems to be inconclusive and confusing in this forum, too. I really do not know what to do about them. My sons do not like vegetables. Should I encourage them? Or, should I take that they know the best given their age? @Dessert_All_Day Maybe my and my son's calcium:magnesium ratio is not right as @Xisca says. Maybe eating more green leaved vegetables would help with constipation. I just don't know and I do not seem to get the message my body seems to be sending me. I do eat vegetables, but even in times I do not eat I don't seem to have any difference.

BTW @Daniel11 I received the red light device two days ago. I tried in a few times but has not noticed any particular difference. Does it take time? I am a bit scared of sun gazing you mentioned. Does it not work if you do not look at the light?

OP
S

StrongMom

Get rid of all the supplements, vitamins, thyroid drugs, all the crap you are putting into you and your kids. You dont need ANY if them. Move to a whole foods diet using Peat foods preferably organic. Eats fruits, milk, etc. Just reading your post of all the junk you and your kids are on is pretty shocking to me.

Do you have any idea how a hopeless mom feels like? I doubt that. I am also surprised that you survived this forum last long if you think that supplements, thyroid drugs are crap. Yes, for various reasons I might have overdone it but we benefited from them various ways. One of my sons used to have cold hands and feet, and had constant infections. He was getting antibiotics almost every few weeks at some point. Once he was on thyroid that all stopped. The other guy had eczema; he took thyroid and eczema was gone. Now that I am trying to reduce the dosage, very very slowly, the symptoms are coming back. We have some eczema and my other son is losing his hair like crazy. They were helping!

I, myself, am totally off progesterone now and reduced the pregnenolone to 100mg, down from 600-800mg range. I am right now dealing with high estrogen symptoms. We will see how it will go. I tried to be off thyroid a few months ago (again gradually reducing, waiting for some normalization in my body) I started suffering from severe insomnia, weight gain, extreme bloating and constipation. I felt miserable. I decided that I am going to continue with thyroid, but I can try to be off progenelone and progesterone.

When it comes to a whole foods Peat inspired diet, my feeling is that it helps to people who were born healthy (RP sense) but destroyed their metabolism with pufa, stress, and other things that reduce the metabolism. What if you are born unhealthy? Do foods really solve the problem by themselves? Look. I have PCOS from a young age. My mom had PCOS, my grandmother had PCOS. My boys were born with low metabolism. Can foods raise your metabolism that much? On the other hand, there are a lot of people around here that just eat crap but maintain their high metabolism. I do not have that much hope on RP organic diet.

Xisca

You could try Atrantil for constipation. My father tries it now, following my advice.

I was born with a low metabolism, and you can considere that this sort of issue create perinatal trauma, that is to say that a fetus or a baby can feel much more helpless in a less than ideal environment, and the body feels as if it was going to die. There are things that are not genetic, but transmited by gestation, even from generation to generation.
I was not autistic, but as far as I can remember, deal with the other children at school was terrifying. I was feeling safe with family and people I knew, and ended up working with animals... I could handle human relationship better just because I had a role that was clear, and cannot talk much about so and so, I have no idea about finding what to say. But I was able to speak at a conference with many people, worked with children, there are ways to get better.
I got help with stress reducing methods, and even Buteyko serve this purpose.

Diet helps, but not enough for me, and I cannot experiment all! I have just met fruitarians who do big detox, with such reactions.... Peat-like in a way because very high sugar and no fat, BUT no protein and I don't know how they can do it. But at least they are united in their way to do it TOGETHER. Just this unfreeze the vagus nerve.

Constipation and all intestine has to do with the vagus nerve, and stress plays a big part, if you cannot fully relax into a parasympathic state, then you cannot digest. Thyroid sup is fine, but stress management is free, except when you need a course or sessions.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Thanks Daniel11. I have never seemed to benefit from probiotic supplements. Over the years, I tried various versions, I have not observed a material change. If you look at the discussions on probiotics/prebiotics in this forum, they seem to be inconclusive. Do you really benefit from probiotics? Also, years ago I read the book by that website, the body ecology diet. I feel like that book was one of things that moved me in the wrong direction: too much emphasis on vegetables and fermented goods. Can you image that I tried to feed fermented foods to my babies!!! I am not still sure about vegetables. Are they part of a nutritious diet? @Ella RP does not recommend vegetables except carrots, mushrooms, and perhaps some cooked green leaves. Vegetables discussion seems to be inconclusive and confusing in this forum, too. I really do not know what to do about them. My sons do not like vegetables. Should I encourage them? Or, should I take that they know the best given their age? @Dessert_All_Day Maybe my and my son's calcium:magnesium ratio is not right as @Xisca says. Maybe eating more green leaved vegetables would help with constipation. I just don't know and I do not seem to get the message my body seems to be sending me. I do eat vegetables, but even in times I do not eat I don't seem to have any difference.

BTW @Daniel11 I received the red light device two days ago. I tried in a few times but has not noticed any particular difference. Does it take time? I am a bit scared of sun gazing you mentioned. Does it not work if you do not look at the light?

I don't agree with the Body Ecology food plans either, but they make really good products with high quality ingredients. This probiotic i mention is the first one i tried and felt some good benefit. Also you said you were constipated all the time, if your bowls are not moving every day you will not be able to stabilize your health, its primary importance to healing yourself right now. Thats why i mention that product for constipation, its the best one i have experienced and i have tried many herbal formulas and botanical extracts over the years.

I do believe fermented foods offer benefits, i do not eat lots of vegetables myself, i was a vegetarian for many years and i know that contributed greatly to the decline of my health. But i like eating a few spoons of cultured veggies with big meals, my digestion is much better when i do. Getting a microbial probiotic rich brand of cultured veggies is important. I would not expect that a child would want to eat cultured veggies, but they may enjoy good quality kefir with honey maybe some fruit.

Thats great you got the Red Light already. Tell me how are you using the light... how many minuets on what areas of your body, how far are you holding the light from each area...

Waynish

Peat is not a medical paradigm as much as a scientific one. I suggest you get a local practitioner that knows how to deal with these complex systems. The most consistent might be TCM - and such a system doesn't require you to abandon the science of Peat.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Peat is not a medical paradigm as much as a scientific one. I suggest you get a local practitioner that knows how to deal with these complex systems. The most consistent might be TCM - and such a system doesn't require you to abandon the science of Peat.

TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) is all about acupuncture and herbal formulas, very few children would want to do that, but it could help mom if she likes that kind of thing. I would not give up on the red light, it is very safe and i have seen it help many people.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Getting the light in the open eyes is important, as is shinning directly on the thyroid, and next i find very helpful and most pleasant to shine or even better place the light right against the temples and center area of forehead for 2-3 minutes each spot.

Shinning the light in your eyes is not only safe its good for your eyes. Here is a research paper on the benefits of Photobiomodulation (Light Treatment) for the eyes.

Photobiomodulation with 670 nm light increased phagocytosis in human retinal pigment epithelial cells

Also here is a link to hundreds of research papers on the benefits of red light on cellular and biological functioning.

"photobiomodulation" - PMC - NCBI

Last edited:

thomas00

There's no doubt that abstaining from certain foods is really good for you, but restricting your diet can be nigh on impossible during periods of high stress, even if diet is the origin of your woes (I don't know if it is for you).

That's where niacinamide, cyproheptadine, aspirin, tianeptine, progesterone, Idealabs anti-stress products etc are all very useful. Meditation is just as important but takes a fair bit of patience and perisistence. These things can reduce the stress load so eating 'Peaty' isn't an excruciating experience that requires a herculian and ultimately unsustainable effort. It becomes a delight, especially when you start to reap the good effects. Being in the kitchen isn't painful when you've got the energy. It's hell when you don't.

And if you love deserts then I say don't skimp on them! Just stick to the healthy ones: gum-free ice cream if it's available, good dark chocolate, mousse etc Home made custard is a favorite of mine and is easy to prepare. When stress is lower and you can get off all the processed foods then the simpler things are delectable and genuinly satisfying. I used to love pastries and all that stuff. Now honey sweetend milk is the bomb and I have no desire to go to the bakery.

Xisca

Very good @thomas00 !
When developping the good food, then there is no room, no need no urge for the rest!

Being gluten free, I do not go to the bakery.
More, now I have even no need for gluten-free replacement.
And when I read a looong list of ingredients on a packet of processed food, I even feel :wacky:
Being delighted by what we have, and no need for more and more and more, is the basis of Epicurism... ! The basis of happyness, of spirituality and all that feels good. Meditation is good if you find the right type, mine does not create emptyness but joy.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
There's no doubt that abstaining from certain foods is really good for you, but restricting your diet can be nigh on impossible during periods of high stress, even if diet is the origin of your woes (I don't know if it is for you).

That's where niacinamide, cyproheptadine, aspirin, tianeptine, progesterone, Idealabs anti-stress products etc are all very useful. Meditation is just as important but takes a fair bit of patience and perisistence. These things can reduce the stress load so eating 'Peaty' isn't an excruciating experience that requires a herculian and ultimately unsustainable effort. It becomes a delight, especially when you start to reap the good effects. Being in the kitchen isn't painful when you've got the energy. It's hell when you don't.

And if you love deserts then I say don't skimp on them! Just stick to the healthy ones: gum-free ice cream if it's available, good dark chocolate, mousse etc Home made custard is a favorite of mine and is easy to prepare. When stress is lower and you can get off all the processed foods then the simpler things are delectable and genuinly satisfying. I used to love pastries and all that stuff. Now honey sweetend milk is the bomb and I have no desire to go to the bakery.

Thats great the supplements you mention and idealabs products are helping you, i have talked about in my testimonial how idealabs products helped me when no other supplements were able to. Haidut is a man i deeply respect, he has for many years been educating and helping people on this forum, i once told him in a message he deserves the nobel prize for patients.

Most of the supplements you are using will have mild side effects and cannot be used for ones lifetime with out constant adjustment, they are of course much better then doing nothing and could be used for a short time to get some relief, but they are not healing the body, you are stimulating physiological processes with mostly synthetic chemicals on a daily basis instead of balancing your own body chemistry.

Our bodies make every possible chemical they need to function optimally and far more then have ever been discovered yet. I personally prefer to go through life feeling my own natural healthy rhythms instead of spending my time trying to figure out how many drops of this or capsules of that i need each day just to feel ok.

The nature of human beings is to keep finding different and more effective ways to be healthy and be happy. Because of a kind of serendipity i have discovered a very effective and fast way to heal myself with the red light, and now no longer have a need for hormones, vitamins, amino acids or any synthetic supplements at all. After sharing this with many friends and family and seeing the great positive results they are all having i decided to share it with the forum members.

I had known about the benefits of red light on cellular functioning before i read Rays articles but his wisdom encouraged me continue my research. Until recently there was not any companies making a properly made red light device, except for very expensive lasers.

Its not just about getting the thyroid to function optimally, the red light when used correctly will do that pretty quickly. That the red light heals tissue and improves cellular functioning has been proved in numerous studies, the thyroid gland is close to the outer surface of the body so its easy to fix.

Its getting the certain spectrums of light photons to and improving functioning of the other parts of the endocrine system that brings physiological homeostasis. Getting the light though the open eyes is the key and most efficient way to do this.

Its important to understand that the thyroid gland is not the core of the endocrine system. The pituitary gland produces and stimulates essential hormones, but the real foundation, the intelligence of the endocrine system is the hypothalamus.

Bringing the proper spectrum of red light in through the eyes is the most direct route for light photons to reach and balance functioning of the pituitary gland and most importantly the hypothalamus.

A another benefit of shinning the light in the eyes is it clears uncomfortable thoughts and feelings, helping balance the emotions. It puts one in a state of meditation naturally and effortlessly. The essence of meditation practice is learning to not be bewildered by ones own mind, ones own thoughts and feelings. This is done by resting in ones natural primordial state of awareness, ones individual sense of presence. There is not really a need to do any formal meditation practice, relaxing in to this state of awareness becomes much easier with light gazing and occurs naturally as ones endocrine and nervous system become balanced and harmonized.

Along with the red light, some natural supplements are helpful, and very important is we need to deal with maintaining a healthy microbial balance in our digestive system. Enjoy good quality food and water, and of course do our best to be around people that are kind and loving.

This is a moms thread so i do not want to go to much in to stuff for men here, but shinning the red light on your pelvic area will greatly increase testosterone levels naturally, much better then any hormone or vitamin i have ever tried. If you want to see research on that just let me know.

Do i expect the red light to work well for everyone, well actually Yes! do i expect this will happen the first week someone is trying the light or that everyone will use the light in a effective way thats best for them at first, no i do not. Everyone is different and at their own unique stage in the healing process.

Im not a biochemist, or a medical doctor, I'm not the one to interpret or give advice based on lab results, that would be better for other forum members like Haidut or many other of the very brilliant member of this forum. But i do have many years of studying and understanding the effects of the various spectrums of electromagnetic energy on the human organism and my other educational experience is in ethnobotany.

My focus is using the red light for healing our body and minds, my style of communication is very direct and i will probably push a lot of everyones buttons, and just like haidut with sharing his techniques for healing, i expect lots of forum members to have lots of concerns, complaints and questions along the way. I'm sure i will never deserve the nobel prize for patients like i truly believe Haidut does, but we each have our own amazing healing journey and i will do my best to help people with using the red light to work through the thick forest to the open path of a lifetime of great health.

OP
S

StrongMom

Very good @thomas00 !
When developping the good food, then there is no room, no need no urge for the rest!

Being gluten free, I do not go to the bakery.
More, now I have even no need for gluten-free replacement.
And when I read a looong list of ingredients on a packet of processed food, I even feel :wacky:
Being delighted by what we have, and no need for more and more and more, is the basis of Epicurism... ! The basis of happyness, of spirituality and all that feels good. Meditation is good if you find the right type, mine does not create emptyness but joy.

Yeah, i love deserts. Ice cream, pudding, etc. are thing i like to eat, but they do not give me the satisfaction i get from solid foods. I am not sure why, maybe stress related, but chewing a food gives me satisfaction.

The thing with gluten free foods in the market us that they are mostly made with pufa, gums, and other crap. Many times it is easier to find a bakery product made with just sugar, butter, and regular flour.

Also, i guess even if i can find or make gluten-free with reasonable ingredients, if they are not sprouted they are not good, right? So a gluten free vs sourdough bread, which one is more favorable? Can you notice the difference? Again, I just cannot differentiate!

Xisca

The rule is to eat what you can digest, to avoid gut issues, b. overgrowth, thus stress and endotoxins.
If you digest normal sourdough bred, all good, but then see about your children too. Good sourdough is supposed to be nearly gluten free.

I do not buy gluten free, I buy real ingredients and I cook. well, that is why I like bananas so much! :rolleyes:In the past, I have made cakes with rice flour etc, but you are right, a sourdough is needed. It maybe possible to do one or to find one made with buckweat... I have also done tahitian cakes with banana and coconut.

If you tolerate wheat, I would suggest to buy good bred, and let go gluten for other easy products. Why not make couscous with quinoa? There are other grains that gluten-full ones! Why eat the same all year long?

Then, I know someone who soak quinoa 24h until some fermentation, then clean and cook. I soak 3 hours and begin sprouting 1 day, cleaning for no molds to come. Only rice cannot be sprouted, but your can soak and clean after 1 night.

If I want lentils, well the red ones, they have no peel around, same with broken green dry peas. No peel no anti-nutrient. When you do not suppress a food, learn to suppress its drawbacks!

After all, if a rice or couscous cake is possible, why not a sprouted quinoa cake? I always invent and modify recepies. With chocolate butter and eggs, all is good. :p

Recently I made a crumble, well called it like this afterward.... I toasted some brown millet flour, then added some raisins, just heating them, then some coconut oil. Stopped the fire and added honey. Yummy. And toasting if slow and not burning, also modify the grain and make some dextrose I think. It is traditional in the Canary island where i live, but also in Tibet! Chocolate, coffee and almonds were toasted for this reason, to remove anti-nutrients. You can also dry the rice and move it, before putting the water. Be careful of the eventual pop!

Fermenting like sourdough or soaking some time, sprouting and toasting are the 3 methods I know for seed processing.

OP
S

StrongMom

I don't agree with the Body Ecology food plans either, but they make really good products with high quality ingredients. This probiotic i mention is the first one i tried and felt some good benefit. Also you said you were constipated all the time, if your bowls are not moving every day you will not be able to stabilize your health, its primary importance to healing yourself right now. Thats why i mention that product for constipation, its the best one i have experienced and i have tried many herbal formulas and botanical extracts over the years.

I do believe fermented foods offer benefits, i do not eat lots of vegetables myself, i was a vegetarian for many years and i know that contributed greatly to the decline of my health. But i like eating a few spoons of cultured veggies with big meals, my digestion is much better when i do. Getting a microbial probiotic rich brand of cultured veggies is important. I would not expect that a child would want to eat cultured veggies, but they may enjoy good quality kefir with honey maybe some fruit.

Thats great you got the Red Light already. Tell me how are you using the light... how many minuets on what areas of your body, how far are you holding the light from each area...

For a week or so I have this cold, flue-like symptoms; I still have some mild fever, cough, and am just not feeling well. In addition to that, in the last 10 day or so I reduced my pregnenolone dosage to 100mg from 600-800mg. That is, probably, it is not the right time to evaluate the effectiveness of red light.

Also, I am just not able to do the therapy in the morning as I have to rush to work. When I do it in the evening, probably it is a bit too stimulating. I have not had sound sleeps in the last few days; it may be related or maybe just because of being sick. Also, does it matter if you do it once? I tend to be interrupted by my children. Even if the total amount sums up to 8 min for thyroid and another 5 for the eye and head, it has been intermittently.

I will try to do it more rigorously over the weekend as I totally recover and have more time.

sladerunner69

I have not tried cypro; i am not ready to try another supplement, especially one causing weight gain at this point. I take benadryl, it helps most of the time, but i guess last time the stress level was too high. My son sucks his pillow when sleeping, it is very hard to sleep with him with this constant sucking noise.

Mouth taping is one thing I was totally alienated when I mentioned to my husband and parents. I am, myself, scared as I have LERD, silent reflux, the reflux goes all the way up towards the windpipe. Sometimes I wake up like choking. I am not sure if mouth taping does anything to that but i am just scared. This reflux thing is something I did to myself after the RP. I figured I need to eat before going to bed. Over time, before bed snacking turned to something more than a meal, like around 1000 cals. I developed a fear that if i don't eat a lot before going to bed, i am not going to make through the night. I am just working on it, just trying to reduce the amount at least.

Have either of you tried playing tough and telling your kids not to bother you when you need to sleep? That's why my mother did to me after I was about 5 and I learned to sleep on my own pretty quickly...

Xisca

An idea, what if you do not eat before bed, and instead of a wake up with lerd, let yourself the oportunity to wake up with hunger? Prepare a snack just in case and see!

About children that cannot wait, I would more think about your situation when using the red lamp, and you say you will be interrupted.
I tell you the story of a friend with 2 children....
She used sign language so they could communicate before they were able to talk. And she could validate feelings through this method, like saying "oh I see that you have been scared", and make the sign. Then the baby would make her know by sign that he was afraid. It can be used at any age, and then she would encourage expression of emotions, until it was all gone. Of course it is done with a present situation, a recent one that hurt. She was available, and when all was gone, the child would go and all was over.... until the next time!
Now the incredible part. If the phone rings, it is possible to say "Sorry my lov, WAIT a moment": she would go and answer, her son would stop crying, and she would come back and say she was available, and he would go on with the emotional discharge!
Wouldn't you love this?

InChristAlone

Have either of you tried playing tough and telling your kids not to bother you when you need to sleep? That's why my mother did to me after I was about 5 and I learned to sleep on my own pretty quickly...
The beautiful thing about cosleeping is that once you get past the younger years then nighttime parenting becomes incredibly easy, no middle of the night awakenings crying out for Mom. Which I did repeatedly as a child, I'd have bad dreams a lot or when there was a storm I needed Mom.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
For a week or so I have this cold, flue-like symptoms; I still have some mild fever, cough, and am just not feeling well. In addition to that, in the last 10 day or so I reduced my pregnenolone dosage to 100mg from 600-800mg. That is, probably, it is not the right time to evaluate the effectiveness of red light.

Also, I am just not able to do the therapy in the morning as I have to rush to work. When I do it in the evening, probably it is a bit too stimulating. I have not had sound sleeps in the last few days; it may be related or maybe just because of being sick. Also, does it matter if you do it once? I tend to be interrupted by my children. Even if the total amount sums up to 8 min for thyroid and another 5 for the eye and head, it has been intermittently.

I will try to do it more rigorously over the weekend as I totally recover and have more time.

Using the red light late at night over the thyroid could be to stimulating before sleep, early evening is better. Starting and stoping in one light session does make big difference, there is certain amount of time it takes over each area of the body for the light photons to absorb.

Once a day is fine and better at the beginning, a good schedule would be 8 min over the thyroid in the morning, then in the evening do the 5 min eyes and forehead, it is really nice to do over the face after a long day. Doing just the eyes and face can be relaxing, its important to finish full time with out interruption on each area.

Its best to use the light while relaxing, laying down on the sofa or bed is great, if you could have the light all set up next to where you sleep or by sofa then just after you wake up in the morning get cozy with a blanket and do a session. Once a day on each area will definitely bring benefits, you will get a feeling when you want to do more. I understand with children even finding a few extra moments for your self during the day is not easy.

Your doing good, its a big thing to integrate a new routine in to ones life, the effects can be subtle at first and then really start to grow in benefit. One thing for sure if you keep using the red light every day your going to go through some big changes.

I had mentioned earlier in this thread about Larch arabinogalactan, it is truly my all time favorite supplement, it offers numerous health benefits; immune system, digestion, liver health, prebiotic, it is wonderful for relieving food allergies.

It will make you feel much more comfortable very quickly and increase the benefits of the red light because it will help relax your nervous system, its as pure and natural and can be used everyday, its great for kids also just mix in their beverages.

Take one tablespoon mixed in water or lemonade in morning and one in the evening, before bed is ok. Here is link on iherb for a good brand called Larix, look at all the great reviews.

Eclectic Institute, Larix Arabinogalactan, 12 oz (340.5 g)

Xisca

ok even in SIBO? A prebiotic must reach colon without being used my other organism in the upper gut....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals