Kawasaki Disease

angelina

Hi everyone.
I'm brand new to Ray Peat and have been trying to read on how to help my family feel better. I have two sons with autism. One of my sons was recently hospitalized with Kawasaki disease. We are not recently vaxed(it has been years).
I'm trying to figure out how to best move forward. Does anyone have any advice. Everyone here seems to be so knowledgeable that I was praying someone could offer me something being that I am not fully steeped with all of Ray Peat's ideas, but am trying. I'm really concerned about my son's long term prognosis and am sincerely GRATEFUL for any information/ideas/thoughts....

Angelina

tara

Welcome Angelina. :)
I'm sorry you and your children are having these struggles. Good on you for finding out what you can to give them better chances.

I don't know any more about Kawasaki syndrome than a quick scan on wikipedia - it doesn't sound like any fun.
I'd recommend reading some of Ray Peat's articles (raypeat.com) to get an idea of his approach. If you type autoimmune in the search box at the left on his articles page, you will find a number that at least refer to it, and may give you some ideas.
His interviews are easier to read/listen to, and interesting too, but I suspect if you can manage the effort of reading his articles you may get more out of them.

If you haven't already tried this, you can use the search function top right in forum.
I found one thread mentioning Kawasaki disease, from jag2594.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/low-tsh-and-psychosis.1541/

There are a number referring to autism. Here's one:
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/can-ndt-supplementation-raise-tsh.9076/
You might find some of Haidut's posts interesting too.

A lot of Peat's work revolves around how cells can keep producing as much energy as they need to to function well. If this is happening, the body seems to be able to handle many challenges more successfully. No guarantees for your children, but at least there may be possibilities by exploring these approaches.
Some of the general conditions Peat has written about include
- the multiply damaging effects of polyunsaturated effects - many of us try to minimise this.
- the need for good nutrition - plenty of carbs, esp. sugars, enough good quality protein (at least 80-100g for most adults, many do better with more), minerals, vitamins.
- avoiding allergens and gut irritants
- addressing hormone balances, eg having adequate thyroid and progesterone hormone levels, avoiding things that raise stress hormones like serotonin, cortisol, adrenaline, estrogen unduly or chronically.

Take a look and ask more particular questions if you want.

Good luck :)

OP
A

angelina

Welcome Angelina. :)
I'm sorry you and your children are having these struggles. Good on you for finding out what you can to give them better chances.

I don't know any more about Kawasaki syndrome than a quick scan on wikipedia - it doesn't sound like any fun.
I'd recommend reading some of Ray Peat's articles (raypeat.com) to get an idea of his approach. If you type autoimmune in the search box at the left on his articles page, you will find a number that at least refer to it, and may give you some ideas.
His interviews are easier to read/listen to, and interesting too, but I suspect if you can manage the effort of reading his articles you may get more out of them.

If you haven't already tried this, you can use the search function top right in forum.
I found one thread mentioning Kawasaki disease, from jag2594.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/low-tsh-and-psychosis.1541/

There are a number referring to autism. Here's one:
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/can-ndt-supplementation-raise-tsh.9076/
You might find some of Haidut's posts interesting too.

A lot of Peat's work revolves around how cells can keep producing as much energy as they need to to function well. If this is happening, the body seems to be able to handle many challenges more successfully. No guarantees for your children, but at least there may be possibilities by exploring these approaches.
Some of the general conditions Peat has written about include
- the multiply damaging effects of polyunsaturated effects - many of us try to minimise this.
- the need for good nutrition - plenty of carbs, esp. sugars, enough good quality protein (at least 80-100g for most adults, many do better with more), minerals, vitamins.
- avoiding allergens and gut irritants
- addressing hormone balances, eg having adequate thyroid and progesterone hormone levels, avoiding things that raise stress hormones like serotonin, cortisol, adrenaline, estrogen unduly or chronically.

Take a look and ask more particular questions if you want.

Good luck :)
Thank you Tara. I actually sent a message to Jag hoping they had some additional information. I will look over all you have linked to. Kawasaki isn't fun at all and I'm so scared. Thanks again for the help!
Angelina

jaguar43

Hi everyone.
I'm brand new to Ray Peat and have been trying to read on how to help my family feel better. I have two sons with autism. One of my sons was recently hospitalized with Kawasaki disease. We are not recently vaxed(it has been years).
I'm trying to figure out how to best move forward. Does anyone have any advice. Everyone here seems to be so knowledgeable that I was praying someone could offer me something being that I am not fully steeped with all of Ray Peat's ideas, but am trying. I'm really concerned about my son's long term prognosis and am sincerely GRATEFUL for any information/ideas/thoughts....

Angelina

When I was a child the doctors thought I had Kawasaki disease. But instead it was another autoimmune disease. What are the doctors treating him with ? Are they using high dose aspirin ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals