Chemotherapy/Radiation For Breast Cancer Treatment

Inaut

My 60 year old mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer....Initially it was classified as stage I. After they did the lumpectomy and biopsied her lymph nodes, the doctor said the tumor was slightly larger than he was expecting and upgraded the cancer to stage II. They also informed her that the found cancer in 4 of 9 lymph nodes....Moving forward, the oncologist is recommending that she does chemotherapy for roughly 5 months which has me quite concerned after learning about the deleterious effects of chemo/radiation. I have provided her with various suggestion/supplements so far:

aspirin (325 mg atleast twice a day...I want her doing more but she's apprhensive)
b vitamins- now foods ultra b12 complex ( i bought this for her because it has niacinamide, thiamine, b12 and the rest of the bs which i thought would make it easier for her instead of taking individual pills ex b3-500 mg etc)
vitamin d3-4-6ooo iu
vitamin k mk4- 4 mg once a day
avoiding pufa as much as possible and focusing on fruits and veggies(mainly ripe pineapple, mangos,oranges, cherries,bananas, very well cooked potatoes)
chaga mushroom tea
white button mushrooms
carrots and carrot salad
pau d'arco tincture (2ml - 3x a day) - i plan to push this more after reading @Travis and @haidut posts on quinones and methylglyoxal and am making a 2:1 tincture with powdered taheebo and vodka. i am extremely hopeful with this medicine alone
skim milk
coconut oil - 1 tbsp 3x a day
beef or lamb if she eats meat
will be getting her to focus on slowing breath, nasal/abdominal breathing and bag breathing
i've told her about taking gelatin but the taste is not appealing and discourages her from using

I'm not sure how consistent she is with dosage and frequency and I'm not trying to overwhelm her but my question is this:

1. although I want to talk her out of the conventional treatment, I don't want to add unnecessary stress at this point as she trusts her "doctor" more than anything information I can present her with..she is extremely worried about it spreading and thinks the chemo is her best option of prevention.......If she does decide to go through with the treatment, is there anything that can be recommended to reduce the harmful effects of chemo?
2. does anybody have any other suggestions? i really want to give her a solid simple protocol that she can easily follow without overwhelming her too much. she's of the "old school" mentality although i am quite happy with her attempts to listen to my suggestions after her initial diagnosis

lastly, ive ordered some progest e but am concerned about her taking it if her thyroid isn't up to snuff which i assume is the case....thoughts?

anyways, i am sincerely thankful/grateful to anyone who is willing to offer any suggestions. i spend much of my time on this forum and have saved soo much information in word files, i just need a way of summarizing it and making it cohesive enough for her to follow with consistency.

i wish all of you, your family and friends an abundance of health and happiness!

my warmest regards,

Last edited:

achillea

The originator of Host Defense a medicinal mushroom lab in Washington gave his mother high doses of Turkey Tail Mushroom for her breast cancer and she is doing well

tara

Hi,
I'm sorry your mother is having to deal with this. Glad she has your support.
I am no expert at all, so don't take anything I say as medical advice.

If she decides to proceed with the chemo, it may be worth learning what you can about its expected mechanisms of action etc, and studying/considering how your proposed interventions might interact with it? You don't want to be accidentally working against each other.
i've told her about taking gelatin but the taste is not appealing and discourages her from using
Fruit juice jelly with whatever fruit juice she likes the flavour of, and maybe some extra honey or sugar?
Chicken foot soup with veges? (You can cook broth from the feet, cool, and lift off the fat.)

I think if it were me, I'd be looking hard at Gerson's method amongst others, considering what I could do to up my high quality fruit and vege intake, and I might consider a period of abstention from animal protein.

Travis

My 60 year old mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer....Initially it was classified as stage I. After they did the lumpectomy and biopsied her lymph nodes, the doctor said the tumor was slightly larger than he was expecting and upgraded the cancer to stage II. They also informed her that the found cancer in 4 of 9 lymph nodes....Moving forward, the oncologist is recommending that she does chemotherapy for roughly 5 months which has me quite concerned after learning about the deleterious effects of chemo/radiation. I have provided her with various suggestion/supplements so far:

aspirin (325 mg atleast twice a day...I want her doing more but she's apprhensive)
b vitamins- now foods ultra b12 complex ( i bought this for her because it has niacinamide, thiamine, b12 and the rest of the bs which i thought would make it easier for her instead of taking individual pills ex b3-500 mg etc)
vitamin d3-4-6ooo iu
vitamin k mk4- 4 mg once a day
avoiding pufa as much as possible and focusing on fruits and veggies(mainly ripe pineapple, mangos,oranges, cherries,bananas, very well cooked potatoes)
chaga mushroom tea
white button mushrooms
carrots and carrot salad
pau d'arco tincture (2ml - 3x a day) - i plan to push this more after reading @Travis and @haidut posts on quinones and methylglyoxal and am making a 2:1 tincture with powdered taheebo and vodka. i am extremely hopeful with this medicine alone
skim milk
coconut oil - 1 tbsp 3x a day
beef or lamb if she eats meat
will be getting her to focus on slowing breath, nasal/abdominal breathing and bag breathing

I'm not sure how consistent she is with dosage and frequency and I'm not trying to overwhelm her but my question is this:

1. although I want to talk her out of the conventional treatment, I don't want to add unnecessary stress at this point as she trusts her "doctor" more than anything information I can present her with..she is extremely worried about it spreading and thinks the chemo is her best option of prevention.......If she does decide to go through with the treatment, is there anything that can be recommended to reduce the harmful effects of chemo?
2. does anybody have any other suggestions? i really want to give her a solid simple protocol that she can easily follow without overwhelming her too much. she's of the "old school" mentality although i am quite happy with her attempts to listen to my suggestions after her initial diagnosis

lastly, ive ordered some progest e but am concerned about her taking it if her thyroid isn't up to snuff which i assume is the case....thoughts?

anyways, i am sincerely thankful/grateful to anyone who is willing to offer any suggestions. i spend much of my time on this forum and have saved soo much information in word files, i just need a way of summarizing it and making it cohesive enough for her to follow with consistency.

i wish all of you, your family and friends an abundance of health and happiness!

my warmest regards,
I think broccoli actually works, but this has more to do with the selenomethionine than the glycosides (this has actually been proven). Selenomethionine is a naturally-occurring amino acid that can do everything that methionine can besides forming polyamines, small molecule transcription factors which which strongly bind to dNA. Polyamines are the most fundamental small molecule growth factor because they can work even without a transcription factor and hormone, and can catalyze transcription during acellular PCR runs (using only dNA, nucleotides, polymerase, and polyamines). Polyamines have a preference for CpG islands (i.e. housekeeping genes) and will actually induce the Z-dNA configuration, a left-handed dNA helix leading to increased replication. Lysine can also form polyamines, but these are always less-powerful at supporting pathological growth. Although impractical to remove methionine from food, I think replacing some of this with selenomethionine and lysine would severely halt cancer progression. I also think that much of the success seen by Koch, Gerson, Gonzalez, etc., had simply been the result of feeding a different amino acid balance. The rate-limiting enzyme of polyamine synthesis is ornithine decarboxylase, very commonly found associated with breast cancer:

polyamine survival.png

[Graph of survival vs time in two groups differing by ornithine decarboxylase activity, the enzyme most involved in polyamine synthesis. This survival vs time chart looks familiar, but I don't remember where I've seen it before . . . Oh! I remember now:]
methionine.png

[Graph of survival vs time of two groups varying only by a .7% change in dietary methionine (Orentreich, 1993), but I think I've seen a graph before that fits better yet.. .]
seleno.png

[This one could be more similar despite being drawn upside-down. This is a graph of incidence vs time of two groups differing only by a few hundred micrograms of selenomethionine (Duffield-Lillico, 2002.]

This had been a selenomethionine study, but most researchers still frame seleomethionine and selenium as if they were equivalent. The above graph highlights that tendency, as the lower trace is labeled simply as 'selenium' (nor does the title make the important distinction). These two selenium species are not equivalent and should never be conflated; simply using inorganic selenium will do little. This powerful effect of selenomethionine derives from its ability to inhibit polyamine synthesis, something inorganic selenium simply cannot do.

Selenomethionine is an all-natural amino acid found in food, and it can be used to make proteins where its freely transposed with methionine. The body cannot differentiate between these two amino acids in terms of protein synthesis, and only polyamine synthesis is affected. This anti-carcinogenic effect of selenomethionine has also been demonstrated in vitro and also through the use of (soil) Se²⁺-enriched broccoli, a plant which hyperaccumulates selenium and stores it as selenomethionine.

I think this is one of the best supplements because it is so safe and effective. However: toxicologists also fail to make the distinction between selenomethionine and selenium and often assume equivalency, something that probably has as much to do with flame ionization spectroscopy as anything (this common chemical analysis technique cannot distinguish between selenomethionine and inorganic selenium). The early toxicological studies had been conducted using inorganic selenium, and often times people make inferences about the toxicity of selenomethionine based on these early studies which hadn't even used it. However, selenomethionine is far safer that inorganic selenium and can be used at higher doses.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

I am so very thankful for your responses everyone :) and thanks for giving me confidence/hope she will be fine. I think that’s half the battle won.

@Travis please start a blog. We need it like we need Peat.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

@Travis what would be the upper end of safe supplementation of selenomethionine and lysine? i'll preface this by saying I am not asking for "medical advice", just your thoughts/opinions.

Travis

I am so very thankful for your responses everyone :) and thanks for giving me confidence/hope she will be fine. I think that’s half the battle won.

@Travis please start a blog. We need it like we need Peat.

I am writing my first article but it's very involved and difficult. However, I anticipate other articles to be written more quickly and I should some day have many of them.

Obi-wan

@Travis your presence on this forum continues to give me confidence. When you were MIA last week I missed you!

Travis

@Travis what would be the upper end of safe supplementation of selenomethionine and lysine? i'll preface this by saying I am not asking for "medical advice", just your thoughts/opinions.

Selenomethionine–selenium equivalency is still rampant among certain scientific sects making the upper limit of selenomethionine just an extrapolation of the historical data on inorganic selenium toxicity. Obviously the toxicologists—many of whom are analytical chemists—are well of the difference yet this assumed equivalency persists among the authoritarian & less-scientific IOM dietitians and physicians. It seems absurd that selenium and selenomethionine are often taken as toxicologically-equivalent, and the discerning reader (and even most children) will agree that L-selenomethionine toxicity studies are the most suitable for assaying the safety of L-selenomethionine tocicity.

Cukierski, M. "30-day oral toxicity study of L-selenomethionine in female long-tailed macaques (Macaca fascicularis)." Toxicological Sciences (1989)

The Cukierski study had explicitly used L-selenomethionine because the racemic mixture used by others—containing 50% D-selenomethionine—is unnatural and exaggerates toxicity. In macaques, the experimenters could not determine a 'no observable effect limit' (NOEL) apparently because any dose will lower body weight slightly on account of polyamine inhibition. Nonetheless, they state that 25·μg/kg is safe in every discernible way besides a few subtle skin changes and small reductions in body weight. I think it's worth mentioning that the bluish argyria pigment observed after long-term silver intakes is actually silver (I) selenide, as determined via autopsy, and not the 'silver chloride' as most science educators love to propose (ostensibly because get to amaze students with analogies to photography).

Witherington, R. "Decreased incidence of prostate cancer with selenium supplementation: results of a double-blind cancer prevention trial." British journal of urology (1998)

Witherington had noted a 63% reduction in prostate cancer in a prospective trial using 500·mg/d of high-selenium yeast, a microbial cell which incorporates it largely as selenomethionine and selenocysteine. If we take the upper limit of yeast selenium incorporation to be 3000·µg/g and further assume this is all stored as selenomethionine, then this would yield a value of 3721·µg/d. In an 80·kg human, this would represent more than what Cukierski had determined to be 'safe, albeit with subtle skin changes' yet it is impossible to say exactly how much yeast selenomethionine had been given in the Witherington study because it hadn't been reported.

'In the same manner, Saccharomyces cerevisiae (bakers’ or brewers' yeast) may assimilate up to 3000 µg/g selenium, the major product being SeMet which is incorporated into yeast proteins or physically associated with macromolecules, especially cell-wall constituents (Demirci, 1999; Polatajko et al. 2004).' ―Rayman⁽¹⁾

One milligram (1000·µg) of L-selenomethionine would be exactly half of one 'Cukierski's mostly-safe dose (CSD),' and 800·µg is generally regarded as being the 'tolerable upper limit.' However: as little as 200·µg/d had been found effective at reducing cancer risk:

Klein, E. "Vitamin E and the risk of prostate cancer: the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT)." Jama (2011)

This classic article had been cited 1145 times and is notable both for the reduced risk noted in the selenomethione group (RR=.8) and the increased risk found among the 'vitamin E' group (RR=1.6). If you are wondering why the 'vitamin E' group had an increased cancer risk, this is mostly likely on account of α-tocopherol being used exclusively. This vitamin E subtype had gained prominence in the early days as being most effective in the 'rat fetal absorption assay;' but since we are neither rats, fetuses, or female mice—and those not actually wanting an abortion—this means little compared to powerful nitrogen radical complexing ability of γ-tocopherol. Gamma-tocopherol exists on the cell membrane where it protects against reactive nitrogen species, and also in the cytosol after its 'tail' had been removed (γ-CEHC). This has been shown to adduct-with nitrogen dioxide⁽²⁾ and peroxynitrite—something α-tocopherol cannot do—and leads to very significant reductions (30–80%) of cancer in rats, humans, and countless in vitro cell studies. Gamma-tocopherol is the most carcerostatic vitamin E isoform and α-tocopherol prevents its assimilation, leading to elevated levels of cancer in those who take exclusively α-tocopherol. Vitamin E science highlights the importance of balanced or 'mixed tocopherols,' and also reveals the prime role reactive nitrogen species occupy in carcinogenesis. The dose of selenomethionine used by Klein had been 200·µg.

[1] Rayman, M. "The use of high-selenium yeast to raise selenium status: how does it measure up?." British Journal of Nutrition (2004)
[2] Cooney, R. "Gamma-tocopherol detoxification of nitrogen dioxide: superiority to alpha-tocopherol." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (1993)

burtlancast

1. Selenium, as said Travis
2. Iodine: the breast tissue accumulates iodine just like thyroid does: lack of iodine is a known risk factor for breast disease and breast cancer. Dr Derry, a Canadian doctor, used iodine and thyroid hormone to treat breast cancer.
("From Japan, Dr Funahashi reported a common seaweed food containing high iodine content is more beneficial than chemotherapy on breast cancer . "He found that administration of Lugol’s iodine or iodine-rich Wakame seaweed to rats treated with the carcinogen dimethyl benzanthracene suppressed the development of mammary tumors. The same group demonstrated that seaweed induced apoptosis in human breast cancer cells with greater potency than that of fluorouracil, a chemotherapeutic agent used to treat breast cancer."(8)
A 2008 paper by Bernard A. Eskin MD showed that Iodine actually altered gene
expression in breast cancer cells, inducing programmed cell death. (9))

3. Garlic: he's a known cancer fighter
4. Bitter almonds: they supply Vit B17, a proven anti-cancer substance
5. Vit K and CoQ10
6. Artemisinin
7. Avemar (fermented wheat germ)
8. Carrott juice (freshly made): Virginia Livingstone and others used it extensively: it has a hormonal effect as it gets converted into abscisic acid. It also converts into Vit A, an anti-cancer vitamin.

Specific anti-cancer therapies :

- Beljansky herbals: they have been proven to work both in vivo and vitro. There's more than 5000 people who can attest to their efficiency and innocuity. They can be combined and enhance the effects of both chemo and radiation. The side effects of chemo can be entirely avoided. Look for the book by Morton Walker "Cancer's cause, cancer's cure"

- Bob Beck blood electrifier: it's a proven safe therapy for cancer patients: it kills the cancer germs in the blood and boosts the levels of interleukine and interferon.

- Black salve: it can be safely used for breast cancer, as is shown here and here.

Attachments

• Pages from [E.J._Hoffman]_Cancer_and_the_Search_for_Selective(BookZZ.org)-2.pdf
    428.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Breast-cancer-prevention-and-iodine-supplementation-pdf.pdf
    178.1 KB · Views: 17
  • www_thyroid_info_com_articles_david_derry_htm.pdf
    186.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Travis

1. Selenium, as said Travis
2. Iodine: the breast tissue accumulates iodine just like thyroid does: lack of iodine is a known risk factor for breast disease and breast cancer. Dr Derry, a Canadian doctor, used iodine and thyroid hormone to treat breast cancer.
3. Garlic: he's a known cancer fighter

Specific anti-cancer therapies :

- Beljansky herbals: they have been proven to work both in vivo and vitro. There's more than 5000 people who can attest to their efficiency and innocuity. They can be combined and enhance the effects of both chemo and radiation. The side effects of chemo can be entirely avoided. Look for the book by Morton Walker "Cancer's cause, cancer's cure"

- Bob Beck blood electrifier: it's a proven safe therapy for cancer patients: it kills the cancer germs in the blood and boosts the levels of interleukine and interferon.

- Black salve: it can be safely used for breast cancer, as is shown here and here.

I did read one interesting article on iodine (I₂) inhibiting cancer that strongly implied that iodinated lipids were being formed. Iodine (I₂) will add to lipid double bonds so readily that this phenomenon is used to quantify the total unsaturation of an oil (i.e. iodine number). Since iodide (I⁻) did not have much effect on these cancer cells, this in vitro anticancer effect of iodine (I₂) could have been from a modification of membrane arachidonic acid—this being converted to such things as 14-iodo-15-hydroxy-5,8,11-eicosatrienoic acid. I think a person can only assume this would be a poor substrate for cyclooxygenase and prostaglandin formation, which would be practically impossible with a full-iodinated cell membrane.

The iodine doctors Browsterin, Abraham, et al, extol the virtues of molecular iodine (I₂) for treating breast cancer. However, molecular iodine would likely be fully reduced to iodide before it reaches most tumors; Vitamin C, quinones, and thiols can do this (I₂ + 2e⁻ ⟶ 2I⁻)and molecular iodine would also have to circumvent many unsaturated lipids on its way. Although molecular iodine (I₂) is probably great for skin cancer where it can be applied directly, its effects in other locations would likely be similar to iodide's (I⁻)—its metabolite. Iodine (I₂) supplementation then becomes tantamount to iodide (I⁻) supplementation in most regards, so nobody needs to buy Brownstein's overpriced and patented Iodoral™. A person looking to upregulated thyroxine (T₄) synthesis can simply take kelp and selenomethionine—the latter being an amino acid essential for the catalytic site of thyroxine deiodinase, in turn needed for the T₄ ⟶ T₃ conversion.

burtlancast

Even if we don't take into account the proven general anti-cancer effects of iodine, it's deficiency suffices by itself to increase the incidence of breast cancer and cancer of the other tissues accumulating it, ovaries and prostate.

So, it becomes a no-brainer in ANY case of cancer: breast cancer naturally is the indication by excellence.

Travis

Even if we don't take into account the proven general anti-cancer effects of iodine, it's deficiency suffices by itself to increase the incidence of breast cancer and cancer of the other tissues accumulating it, ovaries and prostate.

So, it becomes a no-brainer in ANY case of cancer: breast cancer naturally is the indication by excellence.

Hypothyroidism is indeed correlated with breast cancer, something that can be the result of iodide and/or selenomethionine deficiency.

(This had been written by the same David P. Rose that's known best for highlighting the carcinogenicity of linoleic acid:)

Rose, David P. "Dietary fatty acids and cancer." The American journal of clinical nutrition (1997)
Rose, David P. "Interactions between EGF‐mediated autocrine regulation and linoleic acid‐stimulated growth of a human prostate cancer cell line." The Prostate (1992)
Rose, David P. "Differential expression and regulation of cyclooxygenase-1 and-2 in two human breast cancer cell lines." Cancer research (1996)

Amazoniac

Hypothyroidism is indeed correlated with breast cancer, something that can be the result of iodide and/or selenomethionine deficiency.

(This had been written by the same David P. Rose that's known best for highlighting the carcinogenicity of linoleic acid:)

Rose, David P. "Dietary fatty acids and cancer." The American journal of clinical nutrition (1997)
Rose, David P. "Interactions between EGF‐mediated autocrine regulation and linoleic acid‐stimulated growth of a human prostate cancer cell line." The Prostate (1992)
Rose, David P. "Differential expression and regulation of cyclooxygenase-1 and-2 in two human breast cancer cell lines." Cancer research (1996)

Travis, I was reading @burtlancast's links (thank you!), and once again thyroid supplements make their appearance. Do you have an opinion on their usefulness in cancer?

TreasureVibe

I am sorry to hear about your mother. I cannot vouch for IP6 but I would like to bring it to the attention of the more knowledgeable in this topic so they can give their verdict on it and perhaps advice to add it to the mix of supplements your mother is receiving. I have made a seperate topic centered about it here with alot of information, but I cannot guarantee anything, you will need to do more research on it and only decide after good council, research and discussion:

What Do You Know About IP6/IP-6/inositol Hexaphosphate/phytate/phytic Acid?

A quote from an article that I cited in the topic above:

"A middle-aged woman whose husband worked for a prominent member of Congress, who had stage 4 breast cancer, experienced a rapid and complete remission following the consumption of IP6."

Source: The Overlooked Cancer Cure From Japan - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Although I cannot verify the legitimacy of this statement, I thought it would still be good to add. IP6 is an iron chelating agent, but cited as a safe iron chelating agent by many sources, which can be found in the topic I have made. Potential anemia should be taken into account still, when researching it as I am not certain wether or not IP6 possesses this risk. Sources state that IP6 does not cause anemia, but it is still uncertain in my opinion and should be investigated. IP6 is also a gene expression agent, altering gene expression of cancer cells. Wether this is good or bad in your mother's case, is something you should thoroughly investigate first as well.

Alot of IP6's work seem to come from Dr. Shamsuddin. Here's an interview with him and background information about him and his work:

https://www.healthquestpodcast.com/...-6-my-interview-with-dr-abulkalam-shamsuddin/

About Dr. Abulkalam Shamsuddin M.B.B.S., Ph.D.
Dr Shamsuddin graduated Dhaka Medical College, University of Dhaka in 1972. Following Internship in Massachusetts and Residency training in pathology in Maryland, he was certified by the American Board of Pathology in 1977. In 1980, he received Ph.D. degree from the University of Maryland for his work on colon carcinogenesis. He joined the faculty of the University of Maryland as an Instructor in 1977, and rose through the ranks of Assistant Professor and Associate Professor to become a full Professor in 1988. For his excellence in teaching he received the Best Teacher award from the medical students many times, including the coveted “Golden Apple Award” by the American Medical Students’ Association in 1999.

Research Interests:
Dr. Shamsuddin has been studying the process of cancer formation and the prevention of cancer since 1975. His research in the steps of colon cancer formation resulted in the development of a very simple and accurate screening test for colon cancer. This rather inexpensive test detects cancers at a very early stage, and even before they have formed; in other words, it can also detect precancerous polyps and other precancerous lesions and conditions. The test has been in use in China since the early 1990’s often referred to as “Shams’ Test.” He further discovered that the colon cancer marker Gal-GalNAc is a common cancer marker expressed through a similar “field-effect” phenomenon; thus forming the basis for a general cancer screening test such as for cancer of the lungs and breast, and possibly prostate and uterine cervix.

In mid 1985, Dr. Shamsuddin started his pioneering experiments on the anti-cancer property of inositol and inositol hexaphosphate (IP-6) – natural constituents of cereals and legumes such as rice, corn, beans etc. For the next two decades, he has reconfirmed and expanded his groundbreaking studies to show the efficacy of IP-6 and inositol against different cancers in various experimental models. Dr. Shamsuddin’s book on this “IP6: Nature’s Revolutionary Cancer Fighter” by Kensington Publishing Corporation, New York, 1998, is written for the general public. Aside from these Dr. Shamsuddin has contributed numerous book-chapters and published over 200 scientific papers.

Also, in the comments section, there is a person who wrote the following statement:

Cheryl Delyon June 2, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Your product IP6 powder cured my best friend of stage 4 breast cancer that metastasized into her nodes. She was given 3 to 6 months with no chemo or radiation only hormone depletion. I researched and found your product we then went and spoke to a nutritionist. She is on 1 scoop of powder 2 times per day on empty stomach and in the beginning was on 3 times per day. It had been almost 2 years and breast cancer is completely gone and bone tumors have shrunk considerably. I now take this and so do all my friends and relatives and have been for a year and a half. Its has cured prostate cancer, diabetes, aches from arthritis. I cannot thank you enough or speak highly enough of your product.

Although I cannot verify the legitimacy of these statements, I thought it was good to add as well, so to spark some attention into this potential aid for your mother from more knowledgeable forum members here who can investigate it, thoroughly.

Also contacting Dr. Peat about your mom, and about IP6 would be wise to do. I noticed IP6 is also an official subsection on the Ray Peat forum here, so there might be some more to it in regards to Dr. Peat although I have no idea at the moment how or what.

Judging from this Amazon review on an IP6 Gold product apparently made or endorsed by Dr. Shamsuddin himself according to the person who wrote the review (although I cannot find such information on the IP6 Gold website, which is very informative about IP6 though, see its FAQ page), Dr. Shamsuddin personally answers e-mails with questions sent to him:

Works better then i could have hoped!.

"First off Dr. Shamsuddin is to be commended not only creating the purest form of IP-6 but for backing his product with science and research. And the fact that the man personally responded to my emails and took the time to help me work out the best dosage for his product as well as educate me on the benefits is just remarkable."

This company however states on its website that it produces the recommended brand by Dr. Shamsuddin: IP6 | Dr Shamsuddin | Seymour Biotech | United States

The ratio of phytic acid and inositol appears to be important. The IP6 Gold product states that it contains natural occuring minerals as well, this is perhaps not the case in each IP6 product but it's something you have to check, perhaps this is relevant as some sources claim that IP6 chelates minerals, although other sources contradict that. IP6 with inositol is found naturally in every body cell in the human body according to Dr. Shamsuddin.

So contacting Dr. Shamsuddin would be a good idea too if you want to delve more into IP6.

Here is also a very informative video on IP6:

When it comes to radiation therapy for cancer, IP6 might be a very bad idea, see the following article:

Enemy Within
The article dates from 2004, the assistant professor found out about IP6 stimulating NHEJ in 2000.
From the article:

That’s what Leslyn Hanakahi wants to know. Hanakahi, PhD, assistant professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, thinks part of the answer lies in inositol hexakisphosphate (IP6). Hanakahi discovered the chemical in 2000 while doing her postdoctoral work at Cancer Research UK. “We came across IP6 with a huge dose of luck,” she says. “I was looking for a protein and came up with a chemical.” She discovered that, in a test tube, IP6 stimulated the NHEJ pathway.

Since 1990, more than 18 million new cancer cases have been diagnosed in the United States.
That’s a good thing—when normal cells are being repaired. But what about when NHEJ puts damaged cancer cells back in business? Or when it competes with cancer treatment?

NHEJ is especially troublesome during radiation therapy. One way that radiation destroys cancer cells is by creating double-strand breaks in their DNA. But then NHEJ comes along and repairs the DNA, allowing cancer cells to grow and divide and increase tumor mass.

Hanakahi hopes that her lab can devise therapies to stop NHEJ in tumor cells. She is working with a drug discovery group at Cancer Research UK to find compounds that inhibit interactions between IP6 and the NHEJ apparatus, and to discover how they could work in therapy. “If we know how the machine works, we can break it,” she says.

Here is Dr. Shamsuddin again however, stating in an interview in an article by Science Daily in 2007 that IP6 is protective in radiation therapy:

According to the researchers, inositol and IP6 could decrease the severity of side effects from radiation therapy, saving healthy cells while simultaneously increasing the potency of the treatment against cancer cells. Both molecules are potent antioxidants, the Maryland researchers say, capable of preventing reactive molecules from injuring DNA and turning cells cancerous. "Both of these potent antioxidants have been shown to have broad-spectrum anti-tumor capabilities, and now our studies confirm the degree to which these molecules protect against the DNA-damaging effects of ionizing radiation," said Abulkalam M. Shamsuddin, M.D., professor of pathology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. "Radiation damage is radiation damage, regardless of the source, so there could also be a protective role for IP6 in any form of radiation exposure, whether it is from a therapeutic dose or from solar, cosmic or nuclear sources."

-

Inspired by reports of a clinical trial begun in 2001 at Clinical Hospital in Split, Croatia, which suggested IP6 enhanced the effectiveness of radiotherapy while lessening the side effects, Shamsuddin and his colleagues sought to investigate the extent of the protective properties of these molecules. With funding from IP-6 Research, Inc., a company formed by Shamsuddin, the researchers began a study to determine how human skin cells responded to UVB radiation when dosed with IP6. Normally, cells permanently damaged by radiation undergo a genetically programmed process of cell suicide, called apoptosis. Shamsuddin reports that UVB-irradiated human keratinocytes, when treated with IP6, were more likely to survive. Untreated skin cells were more likely to undergo apoptosis, indicating that the DNA in those cells was damaged irreparably and fatally. According to Shamsuddin, the treated cells take an extended pause at the point in the cellular life cycle where innate mechanisms repair DNA before the cell divides. "IP6 certainly has some interactivity with DNA, but how exactly it works to repair DNA is still something of a mystery. There are reports that IP6 binds with DNA repair molecule Ku to bring about the repair process," Shamsuddin said. "More importantly, we still don't know how IP6 can appear to help healthy cells live while also enhancing the ability of radiation to kill cancer cells." Shamsuddin and his team found that when mice engineered to be prone to skin cancer were given drinking water containing a two-percent solution of IP6, they were much less likely to develop tumors. Twenty-three percent of treated mice developed tumors, compared to 51 percent of untreated, or control mice, which developed tumors. Moreover, the mice in the treated group that did develop cancer had only half as many tumors as the control mice.

-

According to Shamsuddin, IP6 could also offer protection against accidents or purposeful incidents involving nuclear material. "It could also be advisable to use IP6 plus inositol as a cautionary treatment following a nuclear disaster or dirty bomb," Shamsuddin said.

Source: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/11/071105083735.htm

So this should be researched thoroughly first too. As this is disputed concerning radiation therapy. I do not have the knowledge to further talk about the relation of radiation and IP6, and I hope other forum members will comment on this.

Study on patients with breast cancer receiving conventional cancer treatment along with IP6:
Efficacy of IP6 + inositol in the treatment of breast cancer patients receiving chemotherapy: prospective, randomized, pilot clinical study

Although it is unclear if this study's setting is good, forum members should investigate it too. The study involved only 14 women.

Also an informative website, by Dr. Shamsuddin himself, I think: http://www.ip-6.net/The_Science.html

I hope this has helped. Best of luck wished for your mom and you and the rest of family and friends!

Last edited:

Travis

I am sorry to hear about your mother. I cannot vouch for IP6 but I would like to bring it to the attention of the more knowledgeable in this topic so they can give their verdict on it and perhaps advice to add it to the mix of supplements your mother is receiving. I have made a seperate topic centered about it here with alot of information, but I cannot guarantee anything, you will need to do more research on it and only decide after good council, research and discussion:

What Do You Know About IP6/IP-6/inositol Hexaphosphate/phytate/phytic Acid?

A quote from an article that I cited in the topic above:

"A middle-aged woman whose husband worked for a prominent member of Congress, who had stage 4 breast cancer, experienced a rapid and complete remission following the consumption of IP6."

Source: The Overlooked Cancer Cure From Japan - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Although I cannot verify the legitimacy of this statement, I thought it would still be good to add. IP6 is an iron chelating agent, but cited as a safe iron chelating agent by many sources, which can be found in the topic I have made. Potential anemia should be taken into account still, when researching it as I am not certain wether or not IP6 possesses this risk. Sources state that IP6 does not cause anemia, but it is still uncertain in my opinion and should be investigated. IP6 is also a gene expression agent, altering gene expression of cancer cells. Wether this is good or bad in your mother's case, is something you should thoroughly investigate first as well.

Alot of IP6's work seem to come from Dr. Shamsuddin. Here's an interview with him and background information about him and his work:

https://www.healthquestpodcast.com/...-6-my-interview-with-dr-abulkalam-shamsuddin/

About Dr. Abulkalam Shamsuddin M.B.B.S., Ph.D.
Dr Shamsuddin graduated Dhaka Medical College, University of Dhaka in 1972. Following Internship in Massachusetts and Residency training in pathology in Maryland, he was certified by the American Board of Pathology in 1977. In 1980, he received Ph.D. degree from the University of Maryland for his work on colon carcinogenesis. He joined the faculty of the University of Maryland as an Instructor in 1977, and rose through the ranks of Assistant Professor and Associate Professor to become a full Professor in 1988. For his excellence in teaching he received the Best Teacher award from the medical students many times, including the coveted “Golden Apple Award” by the American Medical Students’ Association in 1999.

Research Interests:
Dr. Shamsuddin has been studying the process of cancer formation and the prevention of cancer since 1975. His research in the steps of colon cancer formation resulted in the development of a very simple and accurate screening test for colon cancer. This rather inexpensive test detects cancers at a very early stage, and even before they have formed; in other words, it can also detect precancerous polyps and other precancerous lesions and conditions. The test has been in use in China since the early 1990’s often referred to as “Shams’ Test.” He further discovered that the colon cancer marker Gal-GalNAc is a common cancer marker expressed through a similar “field-effect” phenomenon; thus forming the basis for a general cancer screening test such as for cancer of the lungs and breast, and possibly prostate and uterine cervix.

In mid 1985, Dr. Shamsuddin started his pioneering experiments on the anti-cancer property of inositol and inositol hexaphosphate (IP-6) – natural constituents of cereals and legumes such as rice, corn, beans etc. For the next two decades, he has reconfirmed and expanded his groundbreaking studies to show the efficacy of IP-6 and inositol against different cancers in various experimental models. Dr. Shamsuddin’s book on this “IP6: Nature’s Revolutionary Cancer Fighter” by Kensington Publishing Corporation, New York, 1998, is written for the general public. Aside from these Dr. Shamsuddin has contributed numerous book-chapters and published over 200 scientific papers.

Also, in the comments section, there is a person who wrote the following statement:

Cheryl Delyon June 2, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Your product IP6 powder cured my best friend of stage 4 breast cancer that metastasized into her nodes. She was given 3 to 6 months with no chemo or radiation only hormone depletion. I researched and found your product we then went and spoke to a nutritionist. She is on 1 scoop of powder 2 times per day on empty stomach and in the beginning was on 3 times per day. It had been almost 2 years and breast cancer is completely gone and bone tumors have shrunk considerably. I now take this and so do all my friends and relatives and have been for a year and a half. Its has cured prostate cancer, diabetes, aches from arthritis. I cannot thank you enough or speak highly enough of your product.

Although I cannot verify the legitimacy of these statements, I thought it was good to add as well, so to spark some attention into this potential aid for your mother from more knowledgeable forum members here who can investigate it, thoroughly.

Also contacting Dr. Peat about your mom, and about IP6 would be wise to do. I noticed IP6 is also an official subsection on the Ray Peat forum here, so there might be some more to it in regards to Dr. Peat although I have no idea at the moment how or what.

Judging from this Amazon review on an IP6 Gold product apparently made or endorsed by Dr. Shamsuddin himself according to the person who wrote the review (although I cannot find such information on the IP6 Gold website, which is very informative about IP6 though, see its FAQ page), Dr. Shamsuddin personally answers e-mails with questions sent to him:

Works better then i could have hoped!.

"First off Dr. Shamsuddin is to be commended not only creating the purest form of IP-6 but for backing his product with science and research. And the fact that the man personally responded to my emails and took the time to help me work out the best dosage for his product as well as educate me on the benefits is just remarkable."

This company however states on its website that it produces the recommended brand by Dr. Shamsuddin: IP6 | Dr Shamsuddin | Seymour Biotech | United States

The ratio of phytic acid and inositol appears to be important. The IP6 Gold product states that it contains natural occuring minerals as well, this is perhaps not the case in each IP6 product but it's something you have to check, perhaps this is relevant as some sources claim that IP6 chelates minerals, although other sources contradict that. IP6 with inositol is found naturally in every body cell in the human body according to Dr. Shamsuddin.

So contacting Dr. Shamsuddin would be a good idea too if you want to delve more into IP6.

Here is also a very informative video on IP6:

When it comes to radiation therapy for cancer, IP6 might be a very bad idea, see the following article:

Enemy Within
The article dates from 2004, the assistant professor found out about IP6 stimulating NHEJ in 2000.
From the article:

That’s what Leslyn Hanakahi wants to know. Hanakahi, PhD, assistant professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, thinks part of the answer lies in inositol hexakisphosphate (IP6). Hanakahi discovered the chemical in 2000 while doing her postdoctoral work at Cancer Research UK. “We came across IP6 with a huge dose of luck,” she says. “I was looking for a protein and came up with a chemical.” She discovered that, in a test tube, IP6 stimulated the NHEJ pathway.

Since 1990, more than 18 million new cancer cases have been diagnosed in the United States.
That’s a good thing—when normal cells are being repaired. But what about when NHEJ puts damaged cancer cells back in business? Or when it competes with cancer treatment?

NHEJ is especially troublesome during radiation therapy. One way that radiation destroys cancer cells is by creating double-strand breaks in their DNA. But then NHEJ comes along and repairs the DNA, allowing cancer cells to grow and divide and increase tumor mass.

Hanakahi hopes that her lab can devise therapies to stop NHEJ in tumor cells. She is working with a drug discovery group at Cancer Research UK to find compounds that inhibit interactions between IP6 and the NHEJ apparatus, and to discover how they could work in therapy. “If we know how the machine works, we can break it,” she says.

Here is Dr. Shamsuddin again however, stating in an interview in an article by Science Daily in 2007 that IP6 is protective in radiation therapy:

According to the researchers, inositol and IP6 could decrease the severity of side effects from radiation therapy, saving healthy cells while simultaneously increasing the potency of the treatment against cancer cells. Both molecules are potent antioxidants, the Maryland researchers say, capable of preventing reactive molecules from injuring DNA and turning cells cancerous. "Both of these potent antioxidants have been shown to have broad-spectrum anti-tumor capabilities, and now our studies confirm the degree to which these molecules protect against the DNA-damaging effects of ionizing radiation," said Abulkalam M. Shamsuddin, M.D., professor of pathology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. "Radiation damage is radiation damage, regardless of the source, so there could also be a protective role for IP6 in any form of radiation exposure, whether it is from a therapeutic dose or from solar, cosmic or nuclear sources."

-

Inspired by reports of a clinical trial begun in 2001 at Clinical Hospital in Split, Croatia, which suggested IP6 enhanced the effectiveness of radiotherapy while lessening the side effects, Shamsuddin and his colleagues sought to investigate the extent of the protective properties of these molecules. With funding from IP-6 Research, Inc., a company formed by Shamsuddin, the researchers began a study to determine how human skin cells responded to UVB radiation when dosed with IP6. Normally, cells permanently damaged by radiation undergo a genetically programmed process of cell suicide, called apoptosis. Shamsuddin reports that UVB-irradiated human keratinocytes, when treated with IP6, were more likely to survive. Untreated skin cells were more likely to undergo apoptosis, indicating that the DNA in those cells was damaged irreparably and fatally. According to Shamsuddin, the treated cells take an extended pause at the point in the cellular life cycle where innate mechanisms repair DNA before the cell divides. "IP6 certainly has some interactivity with DNA, but how exactly it works to repair DNA is still something of a mystery. There are reports that IP6 binds with DNA repair molecule Ku to bring about the repair process," Shamsuddin said. "More importantly, we still don't know how IP6 can appear to help healthy cells live while also enhancing the ability of radiation to kill cancer cells." Shamsuddin and his team found that when mice engineered to be prone to skin cancer were given drinking water containing a two-percent solution of IP6, they were much less likely to develop tumors. Twenty-three percent of treated mice developed tumors, compared to 51 percent of untreated, or control mice, which developed tumors. Moreover, the mice in the treated group that did develop cancer had only half as many tumors as the control mice.

-

According to Shamsuddin, IP6 could also offer protection against accidents or purposeful incidents involving nuclear material. "It could also be advisable to use IP6 plus inositol as a cautionary treatment following a nuclear disaster or dirty bomb," Shamsuddin said.

Source: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/11/071105083735.htm

So this should be researched thoroughly first too. As this is disputed concerning radiation therapy. I do not have the knowledge to further talk about the relation of radiation and IP6, and I hope other forum members will comment on this.

Study on patients with breast cancer receiving conventional cancer treatment along with IP6:
Efficacy of IP6 + inositol in the treatment of breast cancer patients receiving chemotherapy: prospective, randomized, pilot clinical study

Although it is unclear if this study's setting is good, forum members should investigate it too. The study involved only 14 women.

Also an informative website, by Dr. Shamsuddin himself, I think: http://www.ip-6.net/The_Science.html

I hope this has helped. Best of luck wished for your mom and you and the rest of family and friends!

I need to look into this, because I just had the thought the other day about 'red meat and cancer.' I have seen risk ratios around four for red meat and colon cancer yet the only difference I can think of between 'red meat' and 'white meat' is heme, the pigment itself, which usually has an iron atom at its center.

TreasureVibe

I need to look into this, because I just had the thought the other day about 'red meat and cancer.' I have seen risk ratios around four for red meat and colon cancer yet the only difference I can think of between 'red meat' and 'white meat' is heme, the pigment itself, which usually has an iron atom at its center.
I hope you'll dig into this subject, Travis. This webpage seems to be very informative on the science behind IP6 being effective for cancer:

http://www.ip-6.net/The_Science.html

Also the topic I've created states alot of information and information sources for IP6. It is not just an iron chelator, but also a molecule which DNA uses to signal cells on how to react to carcinogens. And it does much more in terms of anti-cancer action. Iron chelation is the tip of the iceberg.

The topic I created: What Do You Know About IP6/IP-6/inositol Hexaphosphate/phytate/phytic Acid?

Also, a collection of some studies on IP6 and cancer: Error encountered - PubMed - NCBI

And an informative blog post: Primal Wisdom: Phytate Facts

And this:

"The most consistent and best anticancer results were obtained from the combination of IP6 plus inositol."

Source: Cancer inhibition by inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) and inositol: from laboratory to clinic. - PubMed - NCBI

This is a recurrent theme in the literature, IP6 + inositol in the right ratio produces the best anti-cancer effects.

Last edited:

Travis

I hope you'll dig into this subject, Travis. This webpage seems to be very informative on the science behind IP6 being effective for cancer:

http://www.ip-6.net/The_Science.html

Also the topic I've created states alot of information and information sources for IP6. It is not just an iron chelator, but also a molecule which DNA uses to signal cells on how to react to carcinogens. And it does much more in terms of anti-cancer action. Iron chelation is the tip of the iceberg.

The topic I created: What Do You Know About IP6/IP-6/inositol Hexaphosphate/phytate/phytic Acid?

Also, a collection of some studies on IP6 and cancer: Error encountered - PubMed - NCBI

And an informative blog post: Primal Wisdom: Phytate Facts

And this:

"The most consistent and best anticancer results were obtained from the combination of IP6 plus inositol."

Source: Cancer inhibition by inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) and inositol: from laboratory to clinic. - PubMed - NCBI

This could help with signalling. There is a good deal of inositol triphosphate (IP₃) on the cell membrane bound to glycerol, which in turn is bound to two fatty acids. This IP₃-phospholipid (phosphotidylinositol) is under control of phospholipase C, which can cleave the phosphoester bond between IP₃ and glycerol. This is invariably associated with a calcium influx, yet it often goes unrealized that IP₃ is actually a calcium chelator. All that is needed for inositol to chelate calcium are three phosphate groups spaced apart with one being equitorial on the ring. Officially, there is an 'IP₃ receptor' that it binds to and there is something else perhaps—an mysterious 'ion gate?'—that actually induces the calcium influx [?].

I think mammals are capable of synthesizing inositol from glucose or fructose, but additional inositol could help. It could be interesting to look into inositol synthesis to see how much is absorbed and incorporated more-or-less unmodified (save for an additional phosphate or two).

Phospholipase C is verified enzyme who's activity has been proven in vitro with reconstituted membranes, so that part of the mechanism is sound. The only thing I'm bothered by is the common tendency of invoking convenient 'ion pores' and 'membrane pumps' when more direct and fundamental mechanisms are right there. Perhaps this 'mechanistic procrastination' is somewhat intentional and has the intent of always leaving something that needs explanation (i.e. more grants; job security) as well as providing a 'grey area,' or enough 'wiggle room,' for corporations to weasel-out of lawsuits and obscure the blatant contradictions and expropriation perpetuated by the modern medical industry—who's interests many biochemists now serve. Whatever the case may be, I don't think the observed intracellular increase of calcium consequent of the release of a strong calcium chelator (IP₃) needs any further explanation. If someone actually does, then they'd have to explain what actually draws calcium into the cell. Invoking a convenient membrane pump will not do, and that would be working backwards: from molecular intrinsic forces back to the convoluted & abstract. .

TreasureVibe

This could help with signalling. There is a good deal of inositol triphosphate (IP₃) on the cell membrane bound to glycerol, which in turn is bound to two fatty acids. This IP₃-phospholipid (phosphotidylinositol) is under control of phospholipase C, which can cleave the phosphoester bond between IP₃ and glycerol. This is invariably associated with a calcium influx, yet it often goes unrealized that IP₃ is actually a calcium chelator. All that is needed for inositol to chelate calcium are three phosphate groups spaced apart with one being equitorial on the ring. Officially, there is an 'IP₃ receptor' that it binds to and there is something else perhaps—an mysterious 'ion gate?'—that actually induces the calcium influx [?].

I think mammals are capable of synthesizing inositol from glucose or fructose, but additional inositol could help. It could be interesting to look into inositol synthesis to see how much is absorbed and incorporated more-or-less unmodified (save for an additional phosphate or two).

Phospholipase C is verified enzyme who's activity has been proven in vitro with reconstituted membranes, so that part of the mechanism is sound. The only thing I'm bothered by is the common tendency of invoking convenient 'ion pores' and 'membrane pumps' when more direct and fundamental mechanisms are right there. Perhaps this 'mechanistic procrastination' is somewhat intentional and has the intent of always leaving something that needs explanation (i.e. more grants; job security) as well as providing a 'grey area,' or enough 'wiggle room,' for corporations to weasel-out of lawsuits and obscure the blatant contradictions and expropriation perpetuated by the modern medical industry—who's interests many biochemists now serve. Whatever the case may be, I don't think the observed intracellular increase of calcium consequent of the release of a strong calcium chelator (IP₃) needs any further explanation. If someone actually does, then they'd have to explain what actually draws calcium into the cell. Invoking a convenient membrane pump will not do, and that would be working backwards: from molecular intrinsic forces back to the convoluted & abstract. .
IP6 in its natural occuring form, comes bound to magnesium, calcium and phosphorous already when extracted:

What is the source of calcium/magnesium on the nutrition label?
When our IP6 is extracted from rice bran, it is bound to calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium in a compound called calcium magnesium phytate. We do not add the minerals. They are naturally occurring and sourced from the rice bran.

Source: IP6 Inositol Immune Support IP6Gold

Wouldn't calcium bound to phytate simply prevent the potential harmful effect of calcium chelation in the blood?

Furthermore researchers believed that its chelating actions wouldn't be a problem with a rich diet. I can imagine taking eggshell calcium or dairy would inhibit this effect too. When ascorbic acid is added to dietary intake, it appears to prevent the inhibitory effect of phytic acid on non-heme iron absorption: Ascorbic acid prevents the dose-dependent inhibitory effects of polyphenols and phytates on nonheme-iron absorption | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic

Also see:

The anticancer activity of phytic acid is impressive, do you think the calcium chelation is problematic enough to not take it, with the previous information taken into account? Calcium also binds to both forms of iron, apparently.

Also:

Are there any side effects or adverse reactions?

Human trials and clinical testing have been administered in very large dosage amounts and no side effects, adverse reactions or consequences were evident, as well as no toxicity level detected in the blood or tissues. It is therefore considered a very safe supplement even in excessive dosage amounts.

As with any other supplement, if you want to take larger amounts, it is recommended to gradually increase the amount everyday so your body can adapt to it.

I heard that IP6 chelates minerals. Do I need to supplement if I take IP6 Gold?

IP6 Gold uses calcium magnesium phytate as its source for IP6. This raw material is extracted though a multi-step process from non-GMO rice bran. It is important to point out that we are using Phytate not Phytic Acid. Since calcium and magnesium are bound to this molecule, it has not been shown to chelate minerals as purified Phytic Acid does. This is the difference between the two. One has the potential to chelate minerals while the other does not since the minerals calcium and magnesium are already bound to it.*

The dietary supplement IP6 (Inositol Hexaphosphate) utilizing Calcium Magnesium Phytate as its raw material source has been consumed worldwide since 1998. This product has been manufactured by several companies over the years as either IP6 alone or in combination with Inositol. Over the last 20 years this product has grown in popularity. We have not heard of any reports to the appropriate medical authorities related to mineral deficiency.

Additionally, two pilot studies in humans with colon and breast cancer did not report any side effects related to high intake of IP6 & Inositol consumed by the patients. In fact the researchers reported a number of very positive effects the patients received through assessment of various measurements and questionnaires.

Source: IP6 Inositol Immune Support IP6Gold

See * for relevant statement in discussion

Even though this comes from a manufacturer, do you think it is legit? It makes no mention of IP3, but it does state that the molecule comes bound with calcium already, so the level of calcium would not be depleted to such a big extent, if you'd agree. Would it possess a serious problem? Wikipedia speaks about a natural occuring function for IP3 with cells and calcium, including the heart. Perhaps in the dosage of a supplement it could cause heart problems?

Inositol trisphosphate - Wikipedia

Basically the question rises, is IP3 dangerous in high doses?

Last edited:

Travis

[1] Bingham, S. "Effect of white versus red meat on endogenous N-nitrosation in the human colon and further evidence of a dose response." The Journal of nutrition (2002)

The main suspect behind red meat-induced colon carcinogenesis is the N-nitroso functional group (R–N–N=O), which can be formed on any biomolecule having a terminal amide or imine—i.e. urea, arginine, lysine—and appears to arise from nitrite or nitrogen dioxide. This study had shown very significant increases in N-nitroso compounds after red meat consumption that hadn't been observed after pork- or chicken-eating (but they hadn't checked for prostaglandin E₂).

'Although red meat resulted in the expected increase in endogenous N-nitrosation in this study, the same amount of white meat had no effect in 10 of 12 volunteers;' ―Bindham
[2] Cross, A. "Haem, not protein or inorganic iron, is responsible for endogenous intestinal N-nitrosation arising from red meat." Cancer Research (2003)

The same Cambridge researchers followed-up with a very simply yet powerful study design aiming to elucidate some finer details. They had fed white meat, red meat, eggs, lentils, etc., to a group of limeys English men who'd served as their own controls. Consistent with both epidemiological observation and the N-nitroso hypothesis of colon carcinogenesis, they had found that only those who'd consumed red meat had increased levels of N-nitrosation. This had been a consistent, dose-dependent effect not observed among those eating an isoproteomic amount of anything else.

'Nitric oxide has also been shown to react directly with hemoglobin and myoglobin to produce N-nitroso compounds.' ―Cross

They had also done trials using either simple inorganic iron or that complexed inside a porphyrin ring, or what is called 'haem' by the English. They had found that inorganic iron had done little towards N-nitrosation, but heme–iron had a considerable effect. From this study any logical person is forced to conclude that the heme–iron complex is unique in its ability to catalyze N-nitroso formation.

The total nitrogen consumed has little effect, so it really could be the heme–Fe³⁺ binding to endogenous nitric oxide normally produced from eNOS...

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals