Schizophrenia drugs

lexis

Haagendazendiane said:
@lexis Have you read that book? If so, what did you find useful? I tend to agree with the following from "Nutrition for Women".

@Haagendazendiane,no have not read the book.I have a brother who has schizophrenia.He smells and sees things which are non existent.What I am doing currently is put Cyproheptadine tablets in his Coke.He drinks it and there is some improvement now.

OP
H

HDD

Thank you for the link. That is very encouraging. My son was just prescribed some different anxiety meds. that he says are not working. He has started taking 3000 Niacinamide and 1/2 cynoplus. I was considering ordering tianeptine or cyproheptadine for him but I had not figured out which would be better or if he would even take it.

J

j.

Haagendazendiane said:
Thank you for the link. That is very encouraging. My son was just prescribed some different anxiety meds. that he says are not working. He has started taking 3000 Niacinamide and 1/2 cynoplus. I was considering ordering tianeptine or cyproheptadine for him but I had not figured out which would be better or if he would even take it.

It seems good that you got him to take thyroid.

OP
H

HDD

Yes, hopefully he will stick with it. This is the second time and we struggle over details. He gave me a pulse of 53 the first day but won't continue tracking. His anxiety/panic is really high right now.

J

j.

Haagendazendiane said:
Yes, hopefully he will stick with it. This is the second time and we struggle over details. He gave me a pulse of 53 the first day but won't continue tracking. His anxiety/panic is really high right now.

My guess is that at the beginning there is a chance thyroid would make it worse due to enhanced sensitivity to adrenalin. Maybe pregnenolone would've been another good option.

OP
H

HDD

j. said:
Haagendazendiane said:

My guess is that at the beginning there is a chance thyroid would make it worse due to enhanced sensitivity to adrenalin. Maybe pregnenolone would've been another good option.

That is a good suggestion. Do you think that would be better than thyroid for now? What about progesterone? I am out of pregnenolone right now.

J

j.

Haagendazendiane said:
That is a good suggestion. Do you think that would be better than thyroid for now? What about progesterone? I am out of pregnenolone right now.

My guess is that if thyroid doesn't cause problems, that's the best thing.

OP
H

HDD

Ok. Thanks. Will keep on and hope he can see some progress.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have found the serotonin antagonist cyproheptadine and lisuride very beneficial for mood and self worth/confidence. I've been what is called depressed etc. for much of my life and although I was making it ok with out meds I really didn't stop having underlying mood and emotional problems until I discovered Peat. I also found pregnenalone instrumental in quieting my brain. I don't know if that makes sense but when your mind is racing all the time it's unsettling. Your sons prgnenalone might be fine though since he is fairly young. I learned from reading Peats work that it is a protective neurosteroid. I just wanted to share what has helped my mental issues. I'm rooting for you and him!

OP
H

HDD

tobieagle said:
Low dose LSD-25 could be worth a try.

My son would think I had lost my mind if I told him I was going to get LSD for him. :D

4peatssake

Haagendazendiane said:
My son would think I had lost my mind if I told him I was going to get LSD for him. :D
:lol: Mom's trippin!

T

tobieagle

^^ You wont trip on a low dose like 30-50 mcg.
You just do it for the strong antiserotonin effect.
It makes me optimistic, confident and playful.
Lets you want to explore the world :)
I dont say its a valid long term medication but it can shift your point of view on life in one sitting.

lexis

Haagendazendiane said:

Have you considered zinc-copper imbalance angle ?

http://metabolichealing.com/michael-s-b ... lications/

4peatssake

tobieagle said:
^^ You wont trip on a low dose like 30-50 mcg.
You just do it for the strong antiserotonin effect.
It makes me optimistic, confident and playful.
Lets you want to explore the world :)
I dont say its a valid long term medication but it can shift your point of view on life in one sitting.
:lol: I was joking about what her son would think.

The benefits of low dose LSD are clear but it's not easy to source safely, nor - for the vast majority - get past deep cultural bias.

OP
H

HDD

lexis said:
Haagendazendiane said:

Have you considered zinc-copper imbalance angle ?

http://metabolichealing.com/michael-s-b ... lications/

Nograde posted about pyroluria in the beginning of this thread and I ordered minocycline. When I received it, my son was not in a place where he was taking anything except cynomel (for his own reasons). My daughter needed an antibiotic, so I gave it to her. I might order it again. I try to have oysters weekly for the minerals. Thinking about adding b6.

Thank you for the link.

OP
H

HDD

@tobieagle Thank you for the suggestion. I would consider it but at this time I am pretty sure he would not.

@4peatssake I knew you were joking. I was going to joke about looking for mushrooms in local cow patties but restrained myself and not sure if they have the same positive benefits as LSD.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals