Losing Faith In Ray Peat

LUH 3417

I have gone in to great detail in another thread about why i do not like infrared especially near the face and head, the Red Light i use and have been talking about has 3 spectrums of visible light, 610nm ~ 630nm ~ 670nm. There is no infrared spectrum in this light.

To heal the thyroid and increase metabolism it needs to be placed over the thyroid almost touching the skin for minimum 5-8 min, without moving around. For first month 2 x a day best, first thing in morning important.

Then after shining on thyroid for 5-8 min it is important in same session to shine 5-8 min centered over eyes and forehead, keep about 3-4 inches from face, we are optimizing brain and endocrine functioning here folks, its not just for wrinkles. I was able to get completely off NDT after using this red light for 3 months, i no longer take any hormones or vitamins and feel better than i have in my whole life.

I will post separately details on why i feel infrared is not so great and specifics on using the Red Light.
Thank you Daniel. Appreciate the post as different brands market different health promoting benefit of different lights/spectrums. My comment about wrinkles was just a tip. I have much deeper health problems to solve, also.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Thank you Daniel. Appreciate the post as different brands market different health promoting benefit of different lights/spectrums. My comment about wrinkles was just a tip. I have much deeper health problems to solve, also.

I know this light stuff can get confusing, there are many companies selling all kinds of lights, honestly most of these companies do not understand what they are doing. I was an electrician for many years in my youth and was always working long days around different types of lights and noticed how i felt different with each kind of light spectrum, i got very interested in using light for healing. I have tried many light devices over the last 20 years, Red Light Man is the first company that understands that its not just about the spectrum of light its about how focused and powerful the light is, the original research on using red light for biological healing was done on lasers.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Here is how i used the Red Light to get off NDT. Taking thyroid and hormones helped me some but nothing compared to the natural energy i have now.

The thyroid gland has two lobes and is located at the front of the neck just below the Adams apple. Its helpful to look online at images and information about the thyroid and its anatomical location.

I started with 8-10 min in morning and 8-10 min in evening, i like pressing the light right against my neck first straight on the front of the thyroid for most of the time, then because the two lobes of the thyroid gland are on both sides of the trachea i move the light for a couple minuets on each side of my neck more slightly to the front over each lobe of the thyroid.

After thyroid i hold over my face, eyes and forehead for 5-8 min or longer. It is hard to put the light down sometimes it feels so good. There can be some relaxation response, i often feel like resting for for few minuets or so when finished, then i start to feel my energy moving.

After i was using lights for a while i started to get the feeling i needed less NDT and then got feeling i did not need to take thyroid any more, i continued red light therapy over my thyroid twice a day through the transition and for several weeks after stoping NDT.

Most of you have probably seen this info about Greer’s classic paper on the forum, i have not seen the original paper but i find it inspiring and from my experience and others it is true…

"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal] subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days. (8)

These results have been subsequently verified in several studies (8,9) and a large number of trials where T3 was used to treat obesity. So, contrary to what has been stated in the bodybuilding literature, there is no evidence that long-term thyroid supplementation will somehow damage your thyroid gland.”

When i discontinued NDT i did so fairly quickly, the first week i titrated down to half the amount i was taking and the next week i titrate off the NDT completely, of course using the red light twice a day every day through all this. The first week after stopping NDT i was pretty tired and rested a lot, had good food and drank lots of homemade lemonade. The second week my energy started to increase, by the end of the second week i was feeling stronger and it just kept getting better after that.

Now i only shine the red light on my thyroid 2-3 x a week for shorter time and focus mostly on my eyes and face once a day.

Red Light Man, the company that makes the red lights was clearly influenced by Rays work, they quote and refer to him on their website.

Well i have to go make some homemade organic lemonade, if i could bring myself back to health from where i was at I'm sure you all can to.:emoji_lemon:

Pompadour

Thank you , Daniel11, very inspiring!
After i was using lights for a while i started to get the feeling i needed less NDT and then got feeling i did not need to take thyroid any more, i continued red light therapy over my thyroid twice a day through the transition and for several weeks after stoping NDT.
For how long did you continue twice daily therapy?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Thank you , Daniel11, very inspiring!

For how long did you continue twice daily therapy?

Hey there, thats a good question..

After i took my very last dose of thyroid i continued the light therapy for 8-10 min 2 times a day for a about a month, then continued 8-10 min 1 time a day for a couple months after that. It feels so nice to do first thing in the morning, i still often do for 3-5 minuets on the thyroid and almost every day 5-8 min on the eyes, face.

I will go in to more detail why using the light with the eyes open is so beneficial, but first i want to mention that i say it took me 3 months from starting with the red light therapy before i got off the NDT, but for the first two months when i first started with the Red Light i did not use every day and not for long times, but i stated to get a feeling it was doing something good, so based on some research data and incidental reports of thyroid healing i sat down and created a program for my self to be more methodological in my process, i decide on the protocol i mention of 8-10 min two times a day holding light directly on my thyroid.

Once i started using the light consistently twice a day it only took about 2 weeks before my metabolism was getting so increased, my heart rate and temperature was higher then ever before, i knew i had to either slow down with the red light or stop taking thyroid, so i decided to titrated off the NDT, and I'm really happy i did, my own natural hormonal rhythms feels wonderful.

I had mentioned to someone else on the forum that healing the thyroid is the easy part. We then still have the normal stresses in the environment and emotional experiences of being human.

The reason i keep talking about using the light over the eyes especially with the eyes open is based on some unique experiences i have had meeting a yogi while i was trekking in the Himalayas in Nepal.

Many advanced trained yogis live on just sunshine, water and air, without eating any food. They are able to do this by Sun Gazing. Many years ago when i was trekking up to Annapurna Base Camp i met a yogi and we walked together for several days, he had a masters degree in computer sciences and spoke english as well as 3 other languages, he was retired by then and living as a yogi. We did not talk much but he explained to me the ancient science of Sun Gazing and taught me how to do this.

The goal is not to be free from eating he explained, its just a natural stage after long time practice of sun gazing. I learned and practiced and felt really good every time after i sun gazed. When i got home i tried to continue but you need sunny days and first should only be practiced at sunrise or sunset and thats not always easy timing to do. So i never did it regularly, maybe 2-3 times a month in the summer i would sun gaze and always felt great after doing.

My experience with the yogi learning to sun gaze combined with my electrical background and interest in light therapy allowed me to know there was a way to heal my body with light.

I tried working with different red light devices over the years and would shine them in my eyes but they seemed weak and did not do much.

A few years ago i started Peating, then last year i saw red light man company advertising on this forum, i checked in to their lights and knew right away these where much better quality and stronger then any i had tried, so i bought i few different ones in various spectrums of light from them and started experimenting.

I knew it would help my thyroid but was really interested in how it would feel shinning in my eyes compared to sun gazing. After trying a few of their lights i quickly deiced i liked and felt best with the light they make that has a full spectrum in the visible light range and the stayed with that light.

I found very quickly that holding this light 4-5 inches from my eyes with them open produced very similar effects to sun gazing, that being very fast improvement in mood and clearing of uncomfortable feelings and emotions, also much better focus along with a host of physical benefits.

The sclera or whites of the eyes absorb photons very efficiently, this light travels through our whole body enhancing cellular functioning, and the eyes are the direct path for light photons to reach the endocrine glands in our brain.

I believe getting the proper spectrum of light through the eyes heals the body and awakens the mind, it really increases metabolism, this yogi i met was wearing thin cotton clothes and a thin shawl at 10,000 feet in the Himalayas, he had great stamina, was elegant and full of compassion for all life.

Here is a link to a good article that covers some of the science of sun gazing.

Feasting on Sunshine

Milena

Hey there, thats a good question..
I tried working with different red light devices over the years and would shine them in my eyes but they seemed weak and did not do much.

A few years ago i started Peating, then last year i saw red light man company advertising on this forum, i checked in to their lights and knew right away these where much better quality and stronger then any i had tried, so i bought i few different ones in various spectrums of light from them and started experimenting.

I knew it would help my thyroid but was really interested in how it would feel shinning in my eyes compared to sun gazing. After trying a few of their lights i quickly deiced i liked and felt best with the light they make that has a full spectrum in the visible light range and the stayed with that light.

I found very quickly that holding this light 4-5 inches from my eyes with them open produced very similar effects to sun gazing, that being very fast improvement in mood and clearing of uncomfortable feelings and emotions, also much better focus along with a host of physical benefits.
Daniel11, which light from Redlightman is full spectrum? I can only see individual wavelengths. Thanks

Peaterpeater

This might come out wrongly, so please forgive me if you feel offended by this but the power of "forgiveness" is real and very beneficial to a Stressed Mom. It has helped me in my health journey tremendously, way more than the supplements I have taken and I have taken a zillion supp's in the past several years. I read in your first post that you believe that you're children are hypothyroid and possibly autistic because of you.....you believe you passed on your low metabolic state. I want to ask you to forgive yourself, truly forgive yourself because it's not your fault. God knows you would have never chosen this for your children or yourself. It's absolutely not your fault. Forgiving yourself will remove the guilty feelings that we moms have and are sometimes consumed by. Once you've forgiven yourself, then you will rid yourself of the guilt and it will bring tremendous power and make space in your life to focus on the real stuff of healing. Forgiveness, Gratitude, Prayer and Real Food can heal almost anything. You must also forgive your "husband" and parents for their ignorance and ask God to give you the strength to get through this difficult period in your life. You can also look as the positives of keeping this husband because he does help with the night time care. Sleep is extremely important for healing, guard your sleep with your life. I now stay away from most supplements and limit myself to only the ones that work for me like aspirin and sometimes cypro. Change your profile name to BlessedMom and pray for all the blessings you would like to receive and visualize having already received them. Humans are mind, body, spirit and soul. You must also nourish your spirit and soul as much as you do your body. No supplement or food will relieve the stress you feel in your life. Give your faith back to God (not Peat) and you will begin to receive more stress relief than from any food or supplement. I'm not saying ditch your health....I'm saying increase your chances of getting true health by focusing on Real Food and Real Prayer. Check out the Rubins for helpful tips about using real food to heal.

Peaterpeater

I said all those things above because that is what I had to do to begin to heal. I had to let go of the guilt of my children's health, I had to truly forgive myself (with Gods help), I had to begin to see all the good things in my life and my children's lives, I had to give up my faith in supplements and give it back to God through prayer and gratitude. All those supplements only made me more sick, stressed, much heavier (abdominal fat gain) and broke. I wish you well and pray that your situation will turn around so that you will indeed become a BlessedMom one day.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Thank you very much for sharing this, Daniel11! I'll keep it in my notes!
Do you think red light is better then infrared? If so - why?

I feel the infrared lights placed close to the head as needed for the thyroid and shinning in the eyes may be over heating to body tissue and the eyes, these are very focused strong lights that you are holding very close to your body, the infrared spectrum may have specific short term use for certain pathologies, but remember the farther you move along the electro magnetic spectrum - infrared to microwave and radio waves the less time you want to spend close to a concentrated source, the same for above the visible light spectrum of ionizing radiation - extreme ultraviolet, soft x-rays, hard x-rays and gamma rays.

I plan to use the light for my whole life, i want the safest and best spectrums of light, and also from experience i have tried the infrared lights, they can be stimulating but feels incomplete, i feel kind of melancholy after using the infrared. With the colorful visible light spectrums i feel very positive and uplifted.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Daniel11, which light from Redlightman is full spectrum? I can only see individual wavelengths. Thanks

Hi!

Im referring to full in the visible light spectrum, its not easy to use natural language to describe technical scientific terms, in reality there is nothing made by humans that is the full spectrum of light, because the full electromagnetic spectrum comes from stars and the energy of the whole universe.

The light i am referring to has 3 different spectrums of light tuned to the spectrums 610 ~ 630 ~ 670 nanometers, the center of the light output is tuned to these frequencies, but there will be overlap of other nearby light spectrums. So this light has a good nanometer range in the visible light spectrum and it works very well.

Here is the link to the one I'm talking about and the only one i recommend, the light is bigger and much brighter then what is shown on their website, its about 5” in diameter and very bright.

Red Light Device Mini - Red Light Man

Milena

Hi!

Im referring to full in the visible light spectrum, its not easy to use natural language to describe technical scientific terms, in reality there is nothing made by humans that is the full spectrum of light, because the full electromagnetic spectrum comes from stars and the energy of the whole universe.

The light i am referring to has 3 different spectrums of light tuned to the spectrums 610 ~ 630 ~ 670 nanometers, the center of the light output is tuned to these frequencies, but there will be overlap of other nearby light spectrums. So this light has a good nanometer range in the visible light spectrum and it works very well.

Here is the link to the one I'm talking about and the only one i recommend, the light is bigger and much brighter then what is shown on their website, its about 5” in diameter and very bright.

Red Light Device Mini - Red Light Man
Thanks. I have the mini combo.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I thought it would be good to explain how to shine the light in to the eyes, the technique is similar to sun gazing. With sun gazing you should only try if you have had a teaching on how to do correctly, with light gazing it is fine to get started right away.

Hold the light about 4-5 inches centered over your eyes, the light will seem very bright at first, move your eyes up so your looking above the light and most of the the light is getting more on the white of your eyes, you can also move eyes from left to right to exposing the white area of the sides of the eyes. It will not hurt to look directly at the light, i actually enjoy this and will do for a minuet of so before finishing. I light gaze for 4-8 min almost every day in the morning and sometimes in the early evening.

I usually start by shining light on my forehead area for 3-5 min with my eyes closed (the light also gets comfortably warm and combined with the colorful light feels wonderful on the face in the early morning) Starting with the eyes closed at first will help them adjust and makes easier to leave open, you can also start with the light father away and move closer letting eyes adjust.

Also you can put the light on any part of your body that has pain, put it right against the skin where the pain is for 4-10 min or longer.

The US Army has military grade red led lights they give to soldiers to keep on them, if they get small wounds or bruises they hold the light over the area for several minuets to reduce or eliminate the pain and swelling, this is what helped make the red lights for healing popular.

For pain after 3 min is when the light starts to feel like its doing something, research also shows 3 min as time where optimal photon absorption starts to takes place, for pain you really want to hold right against the skin if you can, distance quickly reduces biological effects.

I hope that is helpful, before i said good by to the yogi he said something i will never forget.

“May the 10,000 light rays of the sun bless yours and all your loved ones life’s”:)

Pompadour

but remember the farther you move along the electro magnetic spectrum - infrared to microwave and radio waves the less time you want to spend close to a concentrated source
Yes, that was exactly what i thought about. Thank you very very much!
I hope that is helpful, before i said good by to the yogi he said something i will never forget.
“May the 10,000 light rays of the sun bless yours and all your loved ones life’s”
That's beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

OP
S

StrongMom

This might come out wrongly, so please forgive me if you feel offended by this but the power of "forgiveness" is real and very beneficial to a Stressed Mom. It has helped me in my health journey tremendously, way more than the supplements I have taken and I have taken a zillion supp's in the past several years. I read in your first post that you believe that you're children are hypothyroid and possibly autistic because of you.....you believe you passed on your low metabolic state. I want to ask you to forgive yourself, truly forgive yourself because it's not your fault. God knows you would have never chosen this for your children or yourself. It's absolutely not your fault. Forgiving yourself will remove the guilty feelings that we moms have and are sometimes consumed by. Once you've forgiven yourself, then you will rid yourself of the guilt and it will bring tremendous power and make space in your life to focus on the real stuff of healing. Forgiveness, Gratitude, Prayer and Real Food can heal almost anything. You must also forgive your "husband" and parents for their ignorance and ask God to give you the strength to get through this difficult period in your life. You can also look as the positives of keeping this husband because he does help with the night time care. Sleep is extremely important for healing, guard your sleep with your life. I now stay away from most supplements and limit myself to only the ones that work for me like aspirin and sometimes cypro. Change your profile name to BlessedMom and pray for all the blessings you would like to receive and visualize having already received them. Humans are mind, body, spirit and soul. You must also nourish your spirit and soul as much as you do your body. No supplement or food will relieve the stress you feel in your life. Give your faith back to God (not Peat) and you will begin to receive more stress relief than from any food or supplement. I'm not saying ditch your health....I'm saying increase your chances of getting true health by focusing on Real Food and Real Prayer. Check out the Rubins for helpful tips about using real food to heal.

I have been thinking about this since I read your post yesterday. You are right that I don't forgive myself. I don't forgive myself because I knew that something was going to be wrong with my pregnancy. I had infertility problems for years; I was thinking that nature was saying that my body is not suitable to carry a baby for nine months and signaling me with infertility. However, my husband wanted to have kids so much that I did not stand up against him and went ahead with IVF treatments even thought I felt that something was not right. Initially I had a difficult pregnancy but did not miscarry the boys, but I went to a premature labor at 32 weeks. I believed in the doctors who said that everything looked normal until the day I went to the labor. I had the capacity to look for alternative answers but did not do my own research even though it bothered me a lot. I did not feed myself well when I was pregnant; I took too much fish oil and ate so much nuts, but probably did not eat enough protein. My body was under such a metabolic stress that I made them autistic. When I found out about that I felt devastated but at the same time I thought that now I can be the person who can change that. I guess as I fail to make progress I started to feel miserable. It is very hard for a mom to forgive something like that but you are right probably that is the eating me inside.

I have forgiven my mom after so many sacrifices she did for me; she wants to help, but in her own ways. When it comes to my husband, I guess i will feel better about my relationship when I can forgive him, but there are so many moving parts that I just cannot move on. But, all in all, you are right that lack of forgiveness is the factor stagnating me in life.

Xisca

I kept this until now because I waited for this to show first not from me, as I can tell my experience with my mom.
She is 80 and still guilty for me.
I cannot share anything with her because of this, as she needs to think I am ok.
I was not at all angry at her for not having thought to get out of this lab that was harming her. She was feeling bad with the chemical smells but had no idea that the baby, me, was suffering inside. I know the story from the start but never really understood the importance of it. I mean at any other level than my health. There are nethertheless more important issues than health, there is relationship.

Now it has just changed.
My mom has lymphoma. I could not feel any sorrow until I got into contact with the distance we had at certain level. because of the emotional distance created by guilt.
Her lymphoma is a kind mostly due to chemicals, so, now I truely feel on the same side as her.
By truely, I mean at biological, physiological level.
At emotional level, for sure even if not conscious, my body felt that my mom was hurting me. How could I know where it came from? It came from her blood!

What hurts mother and child is from outside, and both are on the same side, fighting the same battle. There is no unity in the team if there is guilt.
You have to deal with it yourself, as your kids have not the age I have. And you have to find a way, with a thurd person, to talk with your husband. Make him know you want to talk so that you can be on the same side and a team. It has to be clear that things that are not ok need to be expressed not for reproach but to cross over and get out of the heart and body and mind. Maybe the medical world that did not inform you can be the common enemy, and then forgive the past.

For me, things are forgiven when it can be said "really really, if it was possible, if I could do it all again, I would not have done this and this, nor this mistake, that I feel so bad about, I really regret". If I see the person suffer from this and regret really, then my heart forgive instantly. If people cannot do this, I cannot forgive for real.

Ho also I have discovered that most people do not accept to recognize that they did something bad, because of the offended person's reaction. They know inside that it was bad, but if they recogn it, then the usual reaction is to be reproached more! If it is not the case, then people accept much better to say they were wrong or act erroneously, or took a bad decision etc.

Speaking only about my mothers and my story, I am angry after chemicals, and I feel on my mother's side. We were stollen part of our relationship because of guilt. At the same time, I have been loved, even though it was too much in a form of being anxious for me, too much in a form of material help. But still, I can feel the parents love, and this will stay with me forever now. Past has no importance for this. And forever is not the future, it is the eternal present moment I live.

OP
S

StrongMom

I kept this until now because I waited for this to show first not from me, as I can tell my experience with my mom.
She is 80 and still guilty for me.
I cannot share anything with her because of this, as she needs to think I am ok.
I was not at all angry at her for not having thought to get out of this lab that was harming her. She was feeling bad with the chemical smells but had no idea that the baby, me, was suffering inside. I know the story from the start but never really understood the importance of it. I mean at any other level than my health. There are nethertheless more important issues than health, there is relationship.

Now it has just changed.
My mom has lymphoma. I could not feel any sorrow until I got into contact with the distance we had at certain level. because of the emotional distance created by guilt.
Her lymphoma is a kind mostly due to chemicals, so, now I truely feel on the same side as her.
By truely, I mean at biological, physiological level.
At emotional level, for sure even if not conscious, my body felt that my mom was hurting me. How could I know where it came from? It came from her blood!

What hurts mother and child is from outside, and both are on the same side, fighting the same battle. There is no unity in the team if there is guilt.
You have to deal with it yourself, as your kids have not the age I have. And you have to find a way, with a thurd person, to talk with your husband. Make him know you want to talk so that you can be on the same side and a team. It has to be clear that things that are not ok need to be expressed not for reproach but to cross over and get out of the heart and body and mind. Maybe the medical world that did not inform you can be the common enemy, and then forgive the past.

For me, things are forgiven when it can be said "really really, if it was possible, if I could do it all again, I would not have done this and this, nor this mistake, that I feel so bad about, I really regret". If I see the person suffer from this and regret really, then my heart forgive instantly. If people cannot do this, I cannot forgive for real.

Ho also I have discovered that most people do not accept to recognize that they did something bad, because of the offended person's reaction. They know inside that it was bad, but if they recogn it, then the usual reaction is to be reproached more! If it is not the case, then people accept much better to say they were wrong or act erroneously, or took a bad decision etc.

Speaking only about my mothers and my story, I am angry after chemicals, and I feel on my mother's side. We were stollen part of our relationship because of guilt. At the same time, I have been loved, even though it was too much in a form of being anxious for me, too much in a form of material help. But still, I can feel the parents love, and this will stay with me forever now. Past has no importance for this. And forever is not the future, it is the eternal present moment I live.

Wow. I feel for your mom and you. That is one of the biggest regrets a mom can have I guess. If I understand correctly, you were almost diabetic at a young age because of the chemical exposure your mother had when she was pregnant. You might have other illnesses that I do not know of. The smell bothered her when pregnant but she didn't think about the potential impact on you. That is very hard for a mother to live with. And in order to save you she fed you sunflower a lot. Right? I know how it feels. It is sad that this put a distance between two of you. I think you should make sure that she knows that you forgive her forever before it is too late.

Yes, it is true that i need some support to forgive myself first. Unfortunately my husband is not mature enough to understand these strong feelings. Whenever i tried to open up, he ended up using the things i said against me when are in an argument.

Xisca

Well she knows she is forgiven, she knows it for a long time, at least at mind level, and I told her that I would not be who I am without the great life I had. Yes for sure she knows about my health being linked to this event, but her health also was touched by it even before cancer. Guilt is something under the level of words, and is a reaction, so you cannot control it. That is why you can find it hard to forgive yourself.
Actually you are at the same place as my mother, and my story hopefully can motivate you to find a way to true forgiveness. This cannot be done with the mind as you can feel! Before working on it directly with your husband, you must work on what he uses to argue, find the fear first.

Peaterpeater

Dear BlessedMom, I understand your guilty feelings. I too, drowned myself in fish oil while I was pregnant which is what I believe that has caused my baby to have several issues. I may have unknowingly further increased my hypothyroidism because of my poor diet. Getting back to the most important thing....... you MUST figure out how to forgive yourself in order to gain strength to help your children. I'm telling you, it's not your fault! You did not know any better at the time and neither did I. But without forgiveness you won't be able to move, to grow, to help, to thrive, to heal. Studying a particular holy book has helped me with this. I pray that you will find a way too. Unforgiveness = Silent Unconscious Unrelenting Stress.....especially when it's yourself that you must forgive. I find that forgiving others is a piece of cake compared to forgiving myself. Thankfully, God is helping me with that. Bless you and your family. xx

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals