Is Testosterone Responsible For A Competitive/autoritarian Behavior?

BearWithMe

it definitely is higher status to some people in some social circles. you are deluded if you think otherwise, or that your assessment of social status is worth more than theirs.

get an internship at kpmg and you will know what I am talking about

social status isn't just there, it's what people ascribe to each other.

regarding the thread title:
when I'm highest T, say on a long nofap streak, plenty of exercise, good rest and food, I feel the least authoritarian and the most in control.
Being promoted might increase your social status. Being promoted does not guarantee you higher social status and being promoted doesnt mean you have higher social status.

High value people are being promoted all the time, but so are dorks.

Attaching your social status and personal worth to your job title is low status behavior, period.

Ableton

Being promoted might increase your social status. Being promoted does not guarantee you higher social status and being promoted doesnt mean you have higher social status.

High value people are being promoted all the time, but so are dorks.

Attaching your social status and personal worth to your job title is low status behavior, period.

that doesnt make any sense man

BearWithMe

that doesnt make any sense man
You haven't met a complete low-status dork in high position yet?

Being supplicating, sycophant, obedient, docile and submissive (all low status behaviors) might actually be an advantage when climbing the corporate ladder

Ableton

You haven't met a complete low-status dork in high position yet?

Being supplicating, sycophant, obedient, docile and submissive (all low status behaviors) might actually be an advantage when climbing the corporate ladder

now I see where you are coming from. Still, a position always translates to status. If the dork had a lower position paired with that behaviour, he would even be lower status than with the same behaviour in a higher position.

the value is what stays the same regardless of position.

BearWithMe

That's just a leftist excuse for justifying not being high in the dominance hierarchy.
haha this comment made my day :D I'm as far from leftist as one can be and I make damn sure I make very good living.

But it doesn't affect my social status very much, if at all. I would be as high status and dominant as I am even with zero on my account and no job. I know that because I experienced it. It was my social status that gave me the business oportunities and made me well-secured financially, not the other way around.

BearWithMe

By the way, your own perception of your self worth pretty much dictate your social status

Last edited:

GelatinGoblin

How were you sure you were High Dopamine? What habits did you employ that might have contributed to High Dopamine? What foods did you eat?
Cheers
@JanP

Hugh Johnson

I got promoted during a time I had high serotonin. With high dopamine, I care less about social status whereas with high serotonin, I'm hyper aware of my status and feel a need to prove myself. I think a high dopamine person may be more likely to be suited for a leadership role because people actually want to follow them but they may not actively seek it out, thus leading to more aggressive and "dominant" high serotonin people filling those roles.
Narcissists seek institutional status and power. It fits with the serotonin hypothesis. On the other hand, if you have personal power, you have little reason to seek high status in institutions since you have social power and connections.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals