Is RedBull The Peatiest Drink?

redsun

I dont think so, if its about 50/50 glucose fructose HFCS , they can label it as "sugar"

HFCS is 55% fructose 45% glucose. If its HFCS they have to label it as such. If it says just sugar, then its just sugar. You can taste the difference between HFCS coke and mexican coke(which uses real sugar). Mexican coke almost tastes like candy while HFCS is much sweeter and doesnt remind me of candy.

ddjd

HFCS is 55% fructose 45% glucose. If its HFCS they have to label it as such. If it says just sugar, then its just sugar. You can taste the difference between HFCS coke and mexican coke(which uses real sugar). Mexican coke almost tastes like candy while HFCS is much sweeter and doesnt remind me of candy.
there you go @Dobbler

Arnold Grape

Tropical (yellow can) Red Bull is my jam: for some reason it seems like the effects lessen if I drink it every day — I also think it’s good to have with a meal as opposed to on its own, but yea.

Peatful

Tropical (yellow can) Red Bull is my jam: for some reason it seems like the effects lessen if I drink it every day — I also think it’s good to have with a meal as opposed to on its own, but yea.
What’s the primary taste? (orange? Mango?)

I tried the coconut one. Is that the tropical?

Last edited:

Arnold Grape

What’s the primary taste? (orange? Mango?)

I tried the coconut one. Is that the tropical?
Tropical is more citrus than candy like the regular one? Idk, was wondering whether the different flavors contain different things? (I believe one of the flavors, I noted, had red or yellow dyes in them, but I have to check again.)

broozer

i think it is. as a rather anxios and depressed person i tolerate it much more than coffee. it delivers enert without any anxiety.i think the taurin,niacinamide an b vitamins are key.
lately switched from drinking monster to redbull and noticed increased beard growth in speed and density.

Cameron

Probably just citric acid and artificial flavors but all in all pretty good to enjoy here and there. We are exposed to enough crap we can’t help on a daily basis a sugar, caffeine, B3, taurine, and reasonably pretty clean drink would do more good then harm.

tara

If by 'Peatiest' you mean something Dr Peat would drink regularly or generally recommend, I'd be surprised. He seems to mostly favour food over artificial supplements. He's quite positive about fresh ripe orange juice, good milk, coffee with cream, and maybe he does have the odd coke, but I'd be surprised if it's all the time.

But as to 'peaty' in the sense that lots of people here use for various things, it's probably not extreme, and those ingredients might have their uses at times. If you need those things, then watch your reaction and dose and see how you respond?

OP
T

TheBeard

If by 'Peatiest' you mean something Dr Peat would drink regularly or generally recommend, I'd be surprised. He seems to mostly favour food over artificial supplements. He's quite positive about fresh ripe orange juice, good milk, coffee with cream, and maybe he does have the odd coke, but I'd be surprised if it's all the time.

But as to 'peaty' in the sense that lots of people here use for various things, it's probably not extreme, and those ingredients might have their uses at times. If you need those things, then watch your reaction and dose and see how you respond?

Why do you have to make so much sense all the time tara :)

Thank you!

Herbie

I tried the orange red bull thinking it was the ultimate peat drink but it tastes bad.

GreekDemiGod

Drank a can of redbull in the last 3 days, at noon. It felt ok / good, nothing spectacular. Did not feel 'a hit'.
Will experiment with adding Taurine to my stack, as I've seen it recommended in a hair-related thread.

Rant
Lately, my sleep and energy levels has suffered. Oddly though, during my workouts (bodybuilding-style), I have more energy than I've had in the past 6 months, when I experimented with Keto / Carnivore diets. So I know I'm on the right track.
My hair looks better since I've gone peating. My body feels warmer.

I wish I can afford drinking it daily.

Fred

It's in an aluminum can, so it may contain an unsafe amount of leeched aluminum. Also, all mass-produced products are suspect. It likely contains unlisted chemicals and/or chemicals altered/created by the manufacturing process, as well as trace amounts of harmful toxins and who-knows-what.

Aaron

Drank a can of redbull in the last 3 days, at noon. It felt ok / good, nothing spectacular. Did not feel 'a hit'.
Will experiment with adding Taurine to my stack, as I've seen it recommended in a hair-related thread.

Rant
Lately, my sleep and energy levels has suffered. Oddly though, during my workouts (bodybuilding-style), I have more energy than I've had in the past 6 months, when I experimented with Keto / Carnivore diets. So I know I'm on the right track.
My hair looks better since I've gone peating. My body feels warmer.

I think it's exciting for Peat folks to find a processed food/drink that is congruous with Peat principles, but I don't think there's anything great about Red Bull. I have cleaner bulk powders of everything in it and it ends up costing 1/300th the price. It's cheaper to make a much healthier drink at home. Do pick up the taurine. The only side effect can be constipation but that can easily be mediated with more water and fiber.

Kingpinguin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals