Heavy red bull cravings

I see parents drink them too and buy them for their kids. Last week a saw a family of five walking on the beach and they were all drinking energy drinks. It makes me crazy. Please do your own research on these beverages and tell your loved ones.

I can only imagine what that family eats for dinner :/

DonLore

This happened to someone I know too, at 30, in 2016 so way before covid.

My Condolences for your loss
I think its ridicilous to blame 1 energy drink per day for cardiac arrest/other sudden deaths. How the hell can a moderate dose of sugar, caffeine, taurine, B vits kill anyone? Something else have been at play in those cases..

Ganne

I think its ridicilous to blame 1 energy drink per day for cardiac arrest/other sudden deaths. How the hell can a moderate dose of sugar, caffeine, taurine, B vits kill anyone? Something else have been at play in those cases..
Check out the news reports as people have died using as few as one a day. My 29 year old niece died in August due from her Monster habit. The doctors at the Florida hospital where she passed told us that they see this often. We were outraged that no one has informed the public. Her neurosurgeon said that if she had survived she would have been a vegetable. She was healthy, worked out every day, thin, ate a Whole Thirty type of diet. No bad habits or history of heart problems.
There is a Facebook group started by a woman who lost her husband after he drank one a day for three years.
Man dies after one-a-day energy drink

I can’t tell you how this loss has devastated our family. I am sick inside every time I see someone consuming these deadly products. I stop and tell anyone who will listen.
I know it seem Ridiculous as you say but my niece had an autopsy and they found no defect that would cause her death. So if there is something else at play I would love to know what it was. We are as shocked as you are. But so many people have died I the exact same way after ingesting these beverages. The neurosurgeon told us that the combination of the ingredients can confuse the brain and heart. They begin to get mixed signals and send the heart to cardiac arrest. Please do some research. It is out there.

Energy drinks are killing young people. It’s time to stop that.
This was written in 2017. And yet these companies go on.

Matestube

I drank Red Bull religiously for several years - I found it very helpful, it would help me sleep (nothing like a Red Bull just before going to bed) and made me warm and relaxed. Eventually I didn't need it anymore. So just drink Red Bull, there's far worse out there. The tropical flavour is good.
Didn't the citric acid erode your teeth?

DonLore

Check out the news reports as people have died using as few as one a day. My 29 year old niece died in August due from her Monster habit. The doctors at the Florida hospital where she passed told us that they see this often. We were outraged that no one has informed the public. Her neurosurgeon said that if she had survived she would have been a vegetable. She was healthy, worked out every day, thin, ate a Whole Thirty type of diet. No bad habits or history of heart problems.
There is a Facebook group started by a woman who lost her husband after he drank one a day for three years.

I can’t tell you how this loss has devastated our family. I am sick inside every time I see someone consuming these deadly products. I stop and tell anyone who will listen.
I know it seem Ridiculous as you say but my niece had an autopsy and they found no defect that would cause her death. So if there is something else at play I would love to know what it was. We are as shocked as you are. But so many people have died I the exact same way after ingesting these beverages. The neurosurgeon told us that the combination of the ingredients can confuse the brain and heart. They begin to get mixed signals and send the heart to cardiac arrest. Please do some research. It is out there.

Only thing that one news article provides is that a man working nights(super unhealthy) and probably eating high pufa, died at cardiac arrest. Stop with the baseless fear mongering,this is a science-based forum

Goat-e

Didn't the citric acid erode your teeth?
I always drink any acidic liquid through a glass straw, jam it up against your palate and ‘seal’ underneath with your tongue - the liquid will not touch teeth at all.

GreekDemiGod

Wow, this is alarming. Everyone on this forum is saying Red Bull is fine to drink. By what mechanisms can it be dangerous?
I think it deserves a thorough discussion.

GreekDemiGod

@Ganne From the first article you shared. It never mentions Red Bull, might be some Australian energy drink.

“John was healthy, he worked out every day, he had had a full physical examination the month prior, and all his results came back fine,” Cassondra said.

“When he went to the hospital, the doctor told me that his sugar levels were sky high and was asking me all sorts of questions about his lifestyle, whether he took drugs and if he had any health issues.
At first they thought John may have had a diabetic episode because of his high sugar levels to which Cassondra told them that he wasn’t diabetic.

He was sent to the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and was placed in a medically induced coma.

The head cardiologist came out and told Cassondra it wasn’t normal for a healthy 41-year-old who doesn’t drink or smoke and has what appears to be a strong heart to suffer a cardiac arrest

“It’s important people understand the dangers do not lay solely with the high caffeine and sugar content.

“It’s the synergistic effect when these substances are combined with the additional stimulants contained in energy drinks that appears to be causing so many cardiac issues.
Red Bull is not even that high in caffeine compared to Monster.

GreekDemiGod

Its made with beet sugar as opposed to hf corn syrup. A 12oz can has less caffeine than a cup of coffee. The ingredients listed on the can are taurine (a naturally occuring compound in your body), and b-vitamins along with amino acids, caffeine and sugar.

Compare that to something like Bang that has the TOTAL daily allowance of caffeine in one can.

I wouldnt say its good for you or healthy, but it certainly is the lesser evil in the energy drink world. Also not as bad for you as smoking, alcohol, fried foods, etc.

Of course, its not something to use in excess.

Matestube

@Ganne From the first article you shared. It never mentions Red Bull, might be some Australian energy drink.

Red Bull is not even that high in caffeine compared to Monster.
I've had alarming effects from coffee: dehydration, kidney pain, heart palpitations.
No need to go as far as energy drinks to find evidence of harm in caffeinated beverages.

DonLore

Seriously guys? You take that trash news article seriously? A sensationalized article with no proof whatsoever that is was energy drink that killed someone, while there are hundreds of studies demonstrating the benefits of caffeine and Peat himself endorses coffee strongly. Wtf

Matestube

Seriously guys? You take that trash news article seriously? A sensationalized article with no proof whatsoever that is was energy drink that killed someone, while there are hundreds of studies demonstrating the benefits of caffeine and Peat himself endorses coffee strongly. Wtf
We are talking energy drinks here.
Water, sugar, caffeine, taurine and B vitamins.
Do you have any positive experience with them?

As far as coffee is concerned, all the studies in the world joined to Ray Peat's endorsement won't change the fact that it dehydrates me and messes with my sleep.

Jing

One or two red bulls or monsters a day didn't kill anyone lol unless they have hidden ingredients

DonLore

We are talking energy drinks here.
Water, sugar, caffeine, taurine and B vitamins.
Do you have any positive experience with them?

As far as coffee is concerned, all the studies in the world joined to Ray Peat's endorsement won't change the fact that it dehydrates me and messes with my sleep.
I have positive experiences with sugar, caffeine, taurine and B vits. Caffeine can be tricky for some people, I wouldnt drink coffee when too stressed or without carbs

GreekDemiGod

I do feel my heart working harder when drinking a Red Bull. Perhaps the combination of caffeine and B vitamins all at once’s stressful on the circulatory system.

Rinse & RePeat:

In your opinion are there any energy drinks on the market that are worth drinking? I would think the acidity on the metal cans would cancel out anything good. Here is the the ingredients in a Red Bull…

• Carbonated Water
  • Sucrose
  • Glucose
  • Citric Acid
  • Taurine
  • Sodium Bicarbonate
  • Magnesium Carbonate
  • Caffeine
  • Niacinamide
  • Calcium Pantothenate
  • Pyridoxine HCl
  • Vitamin B12
  • Natural and Artificial Flavors
  • Colorings

RAY PEAT:

“Coffee is the best energy drink. Anything acidic in cans is risky.”

Matestube

Well I never said they can't cause cavities
Usually when someone says "X never killed anyone", it's to give a green light to go ahead and do X.
I'm warning readers doing X can have a number of consequences.