Is Monster Energy The Perfect Peat Drink?

AnonE

Heh, what's not to love?

> Easy and fast to digest sugar
> Caffeine equivalent of an espresso shot
> Multiple grams of Taurine (!)
> Blend of B-vitamins

I used to really like these in college, but was quickly scared off of them by the 'sugar police'. In hindsight after reading more Peat and this forum (and remembering my own experiences), Monster seems... pretty sweet.

So - why shouldn't one drink these everyday? :p::p::p:

Do you think the citric acid is an issue? I’ve found Monster can give me low stomach acid symptoms, which I assumed was from dilution, but I know citric acid can interfere with SA production and “activate dormant cancer cells”’as Peat puts it.

DaveFoster

@AnonE

@Dannywharton

No. It has L-carnitine, toxic to the heart and probably contributory to the link between energy drinks and heart attacks.

The citric acid also makes it a net-negative as far as mineral balance goes.

Kunder

Plus other nasty preservatives and even artificial sweeteners. Even in the sugar version. It is garbage.

nbznj

seems to me that whenever someone tries to adhere to diet principles they absolutely want to fit in some manmade processed junk in it. Akin to keto dudes who want "meatzza", or "vegan burgers", or whatever other BS. Here some people seem to be fine with sodas.

eating and drinking real foods must be too complex idk

X3CyO

try coffee instead

yerrag

No. It has L-carnitine, toxic to the heart and probably contributory to the link between energy drinks and heart attacks.

My incomplete understanding of l-carnitine is that it will catalyze, for lack of a better word, the metabolism of long chain fatty acids. I guess these FAs are usually PUFAs as well. In what way does l-carnitine contribute to heart disease?

Herbie

Coca Cola is the only soda/soft drink sold here in Australia without preservatives or citric acid, possibly similar in other western countries.

Stilgar

I had a heart thing after a monster drink, but it was related to low potassium. I was very close to a heart attack. I didn’t eat enough.

I think the caffeine is very strong and too tempting to drink without food for many people. I’d have a monster with a decent meal, or just have a coffee - plenty of nutrition in there.

I noticed that energy drinks seem to impair my ability to sweat somehow. I have no explanation for it but once I realized the connection, I stopped completely.

I stopped drinking energy drinks for a while and then one day I had one (AMP). I was working outside in the summer doing manual labor, became overheated, but my body wouldn't sweat. Eventually, I got fever chills since my body wasn't able to manage the heat via sweating. That's when I knew something was wrong.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals