Caffeine Pills-anybody Use Them?

caroline

Would appreciate ANYONE'S input who has experience on this.

Am not certain if coffee is causing me to be exhausted. Am doing without it today to see if B vitamins and aspirin then have desired energy effect. Re: the coffee, I don't need tips on how to drink it. Am already doing the recommended adding sugar, milk, eating with it, etc. This is what I noticed always with coffee consumption. Tea was infinitely much worse. ANYHOW, I am wondering if anyone who is not drinking coffee has had success with caffeine pills.

Does one just buy these at the store? Might it have a different effect than the coffee or is caffeine "caffeine" regardless of whether it is in coffee or a pill. Thanks for any input.

OP
C

caroline

Sorry. Was unclear. Meant that feeling more and more tired is what I noticed in the past when drinking coffee, and espec. tea, which is why I stopped it each time.

Dan W

Any results from your aspirin/b-vitamins/no-coffee experiment?

I've never liked the feeling caffeine pills give me, but it could be a fun experiment to try.

It looks like the common caffeine pills have lots of questionable additives, so it might be worth just getting some straight caffeine powder. There's either the synthetic stuff (cheap on PureBulk) or powder extracted from coffee beans (also cheap on PureBulk). If you try it, just be careful with the dosages; there will be a lot of caffeine in a tiny amount of powder.

haidut

Forum Supporter
caroline said:
Would appreciate ANYONE'S input who has experience on this.

Am not certain if coffee is causing me to be exhausted. Am doing without it today to see if B vitamins and aspirin then have desired energy effect. Re: the coffee, I don't need tips on how to drink it. Am already doing the recommended adding sugar, milk, eating with it, etc. This is what I noticed always with coffee consumption. Tea was infinitely much worse. ANYHOW, I am wondering if anyone who is not drinking coffee has had success with caffeine pills.

Does one just buy these at the store? Might it have a different effect than the coffee or is caffeine "caffeine" regardless of whether it is in coffee or a pill. Thanks for any input.

Caroline, I am taking caffeine pills. Yeah, I sound like a pill junkie but for me the convenience of pills can be very hard to beat for some things. Caffeine is one of them. Here is what I am taking:
http://www.amazon.com/Nutrakey-CAFFEINE ... e+capsules

I don't endorse the brand, since I don't want people to flock to one brand or another. Just make sure you buy high-grade caffeine with minimal additives. The one above claims to be pure 99% caffeine with no additives. There are others like it on Amazon, so please do your research before buying. Most of the time I take 400mg-600mg per day in divide doses. Each capsule is 200mg so this means taking every 4-5 hours. Some days I try to go as high as 1,200mg for mental performane purposes (nootropic). If you search my other posts you will see the studies about caffeine and life extension, as well as boosting metabolism. The dose was about 1,200mg per person per day. Also, I know Ray used to drink 50 cups of coffee per day, so even with my 1,200mg I am an amateur compared to Ray:):
Anyways, good luck and keep us posted on the effects.

Jib

I've been taking Jet Alert for a little while now. It has additives. Oh well.

I take the regular strength: 100mg per tablet. Perfect single dose for me. Usually two a day total. One first thing in the morning (around 6-6:30AM) and another around 10 or 11AM.

I was drinking Red Bull. That stuff is super expensive. So I switched to Monster. Less expensive but still very expensive. I was doing coffee for a long time before this, by the way, but I can't handle liquid dairy (raw, pasteurized, ultra-pasteurized, Lactaid, whatever - gas, bloating, diarrhea, brain fog)....and black coffee tastes disgusting to me.

I've been tight on money and switching to a caffeine supplement (I also supplement with taurine -- so a caffeine pill and a 1g taurine pill with a cup of juice, short of the B-complex vitamins, is more or less the same as the commercial energy drinks)....

...has been saving me a LOT.

I function much, much better when I take this. And 200mg a day is a pretty small dose. But I definitely feel the difference, and I love the way it makes me feel. Clearer thinking, heightened sense of energy, more emotional stability, better workouts, better mood.

I do like green tea a lot. And I have a lot of the loose leaf tea. I want to get some half gallon mason jars so I can brew a big batch at once and keep it refrigerated. But the convenience of the caffeine pills can't be beat.

Jib

If coca leaves were legal, I'd totally be using those. No question. I didn't know they were illegal and did some poking around online -- you CAN order them, but I'm not gonna do that. Way too risky. Maybe someday I'll move to Peru. Heh.

Anyway, the caffeine ABSOLUTELY helps with my fatigue/brain fog. Feeling like I have weights tied all over my body -- or somebody "turned the gravity up."

I was feeling this at work yesterday. Took 100mg in the morning. Took another 100mg and it took care of that sluggish, heavy feeling pretty well.

This dose is working. If I have to up it, I absolutely will. All I can say is thank god that we can at least get SOME stuff over the counter. I haven't been using aspirin, but I'll probably get back with that too.

The caffeine, though -- yes, absolutely. Give me more of those pills, baby. I actually have to head out for work right now, and between my 250 heat lamp bulb in a brooder lamp and my caffeine, I'm ready to take the morning on despite it being so cold and completely dark outside.

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrGm1RcuzwA

Antonello

Caroline, I am taking caffeine pills. Yeah, I sound like a pill junkie but for me the convenience of pills can be very hard to beat for some things. Caffeine is one of them. Here is what I am taking:
http://www.amazon.com/Nutrakey-CAFFEINE ... e+capsules

I don't endorse the brand, since I don't want people to flock to one brand or another. Just make sure you buy high-grade caffeine with minimal additives. The one above claims to be pure 99% caffeine with no additives. There are others like it on Amazon, so please do your research before buying. Most of the time I take 400mg-600mg per day in divide doses. Each capsule is 200mg so this means taking every 4-5 hours. Some days I try to go as high as 1,200mg for mental performane purposes (nootropic). If you search my other posts you will see the studies about caffeine and life extension, as well as boosting metabolism. The dose was about 1,200mg per person per day. Also, I know Ray used to drink 50 cups of coffee per day, so even with my 1,200mg I am an amateur compared to Ray:):
Anyways, good luck and keep us posted on the effects.
Are you still using that brand?

Mohsen

Hi everyone, I would appreciate knowing your views on caffeine pills, I've read that they are beneficial for training reasons, however, do you know If it is ok to take it before study?
as you know it can aid concentration but I can't stand coffee and I'm looking for an alternative

TheSir

Hi everyone, I would appreciate knowing your views on caffeine pills, I've read that they are beneficial for training reasons, however, do you know If it is ok to take it before study?
as you know it can aid concentration but I can't stand coffee and I'm looking for an alternative
If you can't stand coffee, chances are you won't stand caffeine either, as caffeine is the major active compound in coffee. Diarrhea, anxiety, tension, hypomania, and so on, all of these can happen regardless of whether you drink or take a pill.

Hgreen56

i take them and i enjoy them very much.
this is actually one or peats advice that really works and not makes me sick lol.
Anyways, before you start with this, start with low doses (cut youre tablets in half if necessary) and build up slowly.
Also a good thing is to keep some high fructose juice nearby to fight the jittery symptoms.
(which is a symptom of empty liver glycogen and quickly can refilled with some fructose)

parallax

I use them as needed, have done for years. Usually I split the dose into 100mg halfs and take one every couple hours throughout the day. No downsides.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals