Is RedBull The Peatiest Drink?

ExCarniv

I think it's exciting for Peat folks to find a processed food/drink that is congruous with Peat principles, but I don't think there's anything great about Red Bull. I have cleaner bulk powders of everything in it and it ends up costing 1/300th the price. It's cheaper to make a much healthier drink at home. Do pick up the taurine. The only side effect can be constipation but that can easily be mediated with more water and fiber.

Taurine, b3, b1, orange juice, carbonated water, sugar and salt could be a good one right?

YUPEATER

I like Red Bull (in moderation of course).

The problem I have with the drink is that it gives me light acid reflux, which is annoying.

What would cause it to do that?

"We postulate that sugar acutely increases dopamine, which, over time, leads to a reduced number of D2 receptors and possibly a reduction in extracellular dopamine itself, leading to desensitization of this dopamine signaling axis. These effects would not be due to the acute effects of sugar, but rather would occur over weeks to months with chronically elevated and intermittent sugar ingestion (Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Is it Time to Reappraise the Role of Sugar Consumption?)."

BigChad

"We postulate that sugar acutely increases dopamine, which, over time, leads to a reduced number of D2 receptors and possibly a reduction in extracellular dopamine itself, leading to desensitization of this dopamine signaling axis. These effects would not be due to the acute effects of sugar, but rather would occur over weeks to months with chronically elevated and intermittent sugar ingestion (Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Is it Time to Reappraise the Role of Sugar Consumption?)."

? That person was talking about artificial flavors. I thought sugar intake is a good thing, you are saying it should be minimized?

Caffeine
Taurine
B vitamins
Sugar

Is that the holy grail?
Any drawbacks?
1701540860919.jpeg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals