Just Had First Red Bull. How About Ray Bull?

Barry

I am a bit behind the times, but I just had my first red bull. The drink seems very pro-metabolic. Sugar instead of HFCS, decent amount of b vitamins and of course, caffeine. I thought about writing the company and asking for a new variation tailored to the Ray Peat community, called RAY Bull, with extra niacinamide, extra taurine, and some thiamine.

Velve921

I am a bit behind the times, but I just had my first red bull. The drink seems very pro-metabolic. Sugar instead of HFCS, decent amount of b vitamins and of course, caffeine. I thought about writing the company and asking for a new variation tailored to the Ray Peat community, called RAY Bull, with extra niacinamide, extra taurine, and some thiamine.

ive talked about this in other threads... RB combined with OJ gives me the strongest dopamine effect out of anything. Period.

It’s interesting, I use this combination on long drives; coincidentally, this is where I have the most creative thoughts.

TheSir

ive talked about this in other threads... RB combined with OJ gives me the strongest dopamine effect out of anything. Period.

It’s interesting, I use this combination on long drives; coincidentally, this is where I have the most creative thoughts.
Interesting, do you know why? Do you experience this with store-bought OJ or self-pressed only?

Velve921

Interesting, do you know why? Do you experience this with store-bought OJ or self-pressed only?

store bought.

It’s pretty simple, when you combine all the powerful nutrients from both, some magic can happen with the metabolism

Jib

I love RB.

Get a lot of flack from people saying it's gonna kill me even though I don't drink it every day. And when I do I only have one can in a day.

I'm not sure why this paranoia exists. I'd be down for some Ray Bull. Put his face on the can and a little atomic energy symbol. If Arnold Palmer can be on a can then so can Ray Peat.

GreekDemiGod

I thought about writing the company and asking for a new variation tailored to the Ray Peat community, called RAY Bull, with extra niacinamide, extra taurine, and some thiamine.
I am not sure extra Taurine would be beneficial, with other compounds staying the same concentration. Pretty sure the Taurine amount is strategically selected to work synergistically with the amount of sugar or caffeine present in a can.

I am not sure extra Taurine would be beneficial, with other compounds staying the same concentration. Pretty sure the Taurine amount is strategically selected to work synergistically with the amount of sugar or caffeine present in a can.

And since there already is a whopping 400mg of taurine per 100ml, why would any more be necessary?

Thiamine would be nice; I've never understood why, of all B vitamins, the one that is essential for transforming glucose into energy is lacking from every single energy drink I've come across.

Niacinamide is in Monster.

meatbag

If I had the capital I'd start an RP-inspired food and beverage company to make bottled drinks and snack bars and stuff :angelic:

Ritchie

Red bull has a lot of citric acid and artificial flavours (and who knows what they are). Why not just have a coffee and sup a bit of taurine here and there instead...

Old Irenaeus

I really enjoy Red Bull. Another nice thing about it is the company fired several of their execs who were trying to push the company in a "woke" direction. They said, no, we are Swiss. We don't need that BS.

I love RB.

Get a lot of flack from people saying it's gonna kill me even though I don't drink it every day. And when I do I only have one can in a day.

I'm not sure why this paranoia exists. I'd be down for some Ray Bull. Put his face on the can and a little atomic energy symbol. If Arnold Palmer can be on a can then so can Ray Peat.
Oh that would be so awesome to see Ray Peat on a healthy label! Maybe I should look into having Red Bull back again. The last time I had it, I had two in a row on an empty stomach and almost passed out in a store. I never had one again!

Jessie

Wished Red Bull came in glass bottles instead of cans. I don't want to drink out of cans. It's why I only get coke in glass bottles.

Wished Red Bull came in glass bottles instead of cans. I don't want to drink out of cans. It's why I only get coke in glass bottles.
Yeah you're right about that. I am trying to get heavy metals out not in, oh poop!

Last edited:

Jib

Oh that would be so awesome to see Ray Peat on a healthy label! Maybe I should look into having Red Bull back again. The last time I had it, I had two in a row on an empty stomach and almost passed out in a store. I never had one again!

I definitely get the jitters from it sometimes. But it's quite addictive. Definitely crave the sugar. The carbonation is just so good too. Craving one right now, but it's midnight, so probably not a good idea. I haven't passed out from them but I did overdo it on energy drinks a long time ago and thought I was going to have a heart attack. Yikes.

Kratom and coffee. Now there's a combo. Going off topic but, on the topic of stimulants, anyway...kratom is great. I use the white vein strains, just about 1 teaspoon in my coffee in the morning, only when I really have a lot of work to get through. It's great stuff.

m023

In Poland one can get RB in glass bottles.

Attachments

• redbull.jpg
    redbull.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 24
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals