TheBeard

Caffeine
Taurine
B vitamins
Sugar

Is that the holy grail?
Any drawbacks?

powerlifter

Ray Peat does not prefer individual amino acids like Taurine, because of manufacturing impurities. However, if it does not irritate your gut or cause migraine like symptoms he won't tell you to stop using it.

Herbie

Citric acid is the only issue. Try krating diang the original Thai red bull, the regular redbull is watered down.

Artificial flavors are the major issue. I drink it occasionally. Messes up my erections if I have it too often.

milk_lover

Red Bull and Coke are always in my diet. I don’t see how I can live without them to be honest. One thing to know about Red Bull is besides the artificial flavors is that its sugar to caffeine can be low if you drink it alone without anything in the morning. The caffiene and taurine can lower your blood sugar. If I drink it in the morning, I make sure to drink coke with it or orange juice.

Frankdee20

I love Red Bull and do not be alarmed by the media reports, I am sure these people were dehydrated and drinking like 6 of them and who knows what else. There is nothing in there that can be dangerous except Caffeine, but one can of 12 ounces has about 100MG I believe. That is nothing to worry about.

Dobbler

I drink redbull for breakfast. It's one of the few energy drinks that has been sweetened with sucrose

OP
T

TheBeard

The only thing I have with it is I’m addicted to the taste.

So I’m trying by any means to justify that it’s healthy.
Glad to see that it’s not unhealthy

GreekDemiGod

are you in the US? most sugary drinks in europe use sucrose i think
That means it's better in EU?
I wanna try my first redbull after reading this.
Will do it tomorrow as it's past noon todayand don't wanna mess with my sleep.

Dobbler

are you in the US? most sugary drinks in europe use sucrose i think
Yes im EU and i hardly doubt that. With sodas it's always "sugar" and i dont trust it at all unless i have emailed the company and asked that they really use sucrose. It's a big scam.

Dobbler

And about the caffeine in redbull: the amount is is very small. One medium size cup of coffee has almost 3 times more caffeine, so being afraid of the caffeine in redbull theres no worry.

ddjd

Yes im EU and i hardly doubt that. With sodas it's always "sugar" and i dont trust it at all unless i have emailed the company and asked that they really use sucrose. It's a big scam.
sugar = sucrose, no?

if its HFCS they have to declare it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals