Ideal Vitamin B?

OP
J

June

When in doubt, I pretty much always go with what Ray Peat advises. Go here: bioenergetic search , type in p5p and the audio comes up that I remembered. Double click on the paragraph to activate the audio.
I did take a look and unfortunately the audio wouldn't play. I browsed a bit and it indicated both B6 and the active form can be toxic at a high dose. That it's generally better to dose the active form at 10-20mg.

mostlylurking

I did take a look and unfortunately the audio wouldn't play. I browsed a bit and it indicated both B6 and the active form can be toxic at a high dose. That it's generally better to dose the active form at 10-20mg.
Yes. Peat was concerned about the toxicity so lower doses are better.

fever257

I really don't have an opinion on this, sorry. I did take a nutritional yeast for a while, and Ray Peat told the story of his father curing his diabetes via living on brewer's yeast (?) for several months. But for my own issues, I need high dose thiamine and I take thiamine hcl because I tolerate it very well.
I also need high dose thiamine. Why do you take it?

mostlylurking

I also need high dose thiamine. Why do you take it?
I take it because I have a greater need for thiamine because my body is burdened by high stress/free radicals that are caused by my body load of heavy metals, mainly mercury. I'm almost 74; people accumulate heavy metals throughout their lifetime. My mercury load is from mercury amalgam fillings that I got when I was a kid and got removed (the dangerous way) when I was in my 20's.

High dose thiamine hcl has resolved my oxidative stress problem. My body's glutathione level had been depleted for many years because of my oxidative stress level. My glutathione is now normal (per blood testing) and I am finally healthy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals