HELP, Severe leaky gut, systemic inflammation

Markr2d2

Super long story short, i have an auto immune disease that causes me severe sustemic inflammation. I have also been diagnosed with SIBO and gut dysbiosis as well as low grade hypothyroidism. Of course the medical industry will not help in any meaningful way.

I cant eat much of anything without severe inflammation stemming from the gut but also in many joints. My diet is mainly animal products and simple sugars but even that is now causing inflammation, i believe its bacterial related, i need help with ideas for actually healing leaky gut as well as ways of obtaining good pharmaceuticals or supplements that can help with bacterial overgrowth.

What im currently taking

Aspirin 500mg
magnesium bisglucinate 400mg
dhea/preg topical 10mg each
MCT oil TBS morning/night

Diet it Milk, cheese, eggs, meat, sugar, starch.

I have tried cutting out all different areas of diet but inget severe panic attacks and insomnia if i dont eat starch which makes me think the bacteria are in charge. Also i cant eat any fiber without bad gas/bloat/pain/panic attacks.

Things id like to try but dont know how to get

- Anabolic steroids to help heal gut and destruction of joints frrom inflammation.

- BPC-157 injections

- antibiotics like neomycin or similar that target gram negative bacteria

- maybe vit c/b drips?

Any thoughts on diet/pharma/supps especially ones i mentioned would be greatly appreciated. I may try a very low fat diet of broth, white rice, chicken, bcaas because i have seen some research showing fats exacerbating leaky gut and endotoxin issues and to just give my gut time to heal.

Perry Staltic

It might be that sufficient butyrate that prevents leaky gut is not being made in your gut. If you can't eat fiber that feed the bacteria that produce butyrate look into supplementing with butyrate (butryric acid). Basically, you can't have a healthy gut without butyrate.

OP
M

Markr2d2

It might be that sufficient butyrate that prevents leaky gut is not being made in your gut. If you can't eat fiber that feed the bacteria that produce butyrate look into supplementing with butyrate (butryric acid). Basically, you can't have a healthy gut without butyrate.
Thanks, i have definitely worried about lack of vitamins and sat fats from gut production. Does oral butyrate have the same effect as butyrate that is produced in the gut though?

Perry Staltic

Thanks, i have definitely worried about lack of vitamins and sat fats from gut production. Does oral butyrate have the same effect as butyrate that is produced in the gut though?

Don't know about that, but I have read that people have been helped. Researching will tell you more than I can.

Dave Clark

Super long story short, i have an auto immune disease that causes me severe sustemic inflammation. I have also been diagnosed with SIBO and gut dysbiosis as well as low grade hypothyroidism. Of course the medical industry will not help in any meaningful way.

I cant eat much of anything without severe inflammation stemming from the gut but also in many joints. My diet is mainly animal products and simple sugars but even that is now causing inflammation, i believe its bacterial related, i need help with ideas for actually healing leaky gut as well as ways of obtaining good pharmaceuticals or supplements that can help with bacterial overgrowth.

What im currently taking

Aspirin 500mg

I have tried cutting out all different areas of diet but inget severe panic attacks and insomnia if i dont eat starch which makes me think the bacteria are in charge. Also i cant eat any fiber without bad gas/bloat/pain/panic attacks.

- Anabolic steroids to help heal gut and destruction of joints frrom inflammation.

- BPC-157 injections

- maybe vit c/b drips?

Any thoughts on diet/pharma/supps especially ones i mentioned would be greatly appreciated. I may try a very low fat diet of broth, white rice, chicken, bcaas because i have seen some research showing fats exacerbating leaky gut and endotoxin issues and to just give my gut time to heal.
Maybe try some creatine along with what you are doing now: New study confirms: Supplemental creatine is great for your gut!!! - Hack your gut

nikotrope

I couldn't eat soluble fiber without gas/bloat/diarhea/inflammation/migraine.
I had to go carnivore even though it was really hard because I was feeling very bad (dehydration, insomnia, and more) without carbs (I had bad blood sugar regulation). My trick was to put sugar under the tongue for 10-15 minutes regularly (lollipops worked really well or just candies).

But I solved my fiber issue recently.

If your gas smells really bad, take BB536. It's a B. longum probiotic and it upped my tolerance to soluble fiber a lot in just 2 weeks. I haven't had a migraine since then which is huge for me (used to have 3-4 migraines a week for years). And I ate a lot more fiber.
HMO (human milk oligosaccharide) might be able to achieve the same result as it feeds B. longum really well but I couldn't find where to buy it in my country.

If even meat causes issues you could try L-glutamine for a few days.

I'd also drop the dhea/preg and mct until I solved the issue (unless it has substantial benefits).

InChristAlone

You could try lactoferrin start very small and work up. Many of these kinds of diseases stem from bile acids being too toxic.

Korven

I had to go carnivore even though it was really hard because I was feeling very bad (dehydration, insomnia, and more) without carbs (I had bad blood sugar regulation). My trick was to put sugar under the tongue for 10-15 minutes regularly (lollipops worked really well or just candies).

If your gas smells really bad, take BB536. It's a B. longum probiotic and it upped my tolerance to soluble fiber a lot in just 2 weeks. I haven't had a migraine since then which is huge for me (used to have 3-4 migraines a week for years). And I ate a lot more fiber.
HMO (human milk oligosaccharide) might be able to achieve the same result as it feeds B. longum really well but I couldn't find where to buy it in my country.

I'd also drop the dhea/preg and mct until I solved the issue (unless it has substantial benefits).

I also tolerate starches and fiber a lot better since taking B. longum BB536.

There are even studies showing that it can reverse the gut microbiome disturbances caused by an animal-based diet: Effect of probiotic yoghurt on animal-based diet-induced change in gut microbiota: An open, randomised, parallel-group study | Request PDF

"In the YB and CTR groups, the animal-based diet caused a significant increase in the relative abundance of Bilophila, Odoribacter, Dorea and Ruminococcus (belonging to Lachnospiraceae) and a significant decrease in the level of Bifidobacterium after five days of intake. With the exception of Ruminococcus, these changes were not observed in the YAB group. No significant effect was induced by yoghurt supplementation following an animal-based diet (YB group vs CTR group). These results suggest that the intake of yoghurt supplemented with bifidobacteria played a role in maintaining a normal microbiota composition during the ingestion of a meat-based diet."

Cara

What im currently taking

Aspirin 500mg

- BPC-157 injections

- maybe vit c/b drips?

Aloe Vera juice

OP
M

Markr2d2

I have the opposite, gas that doesnt smell. I believe thats a different form of sibo. But i also have bacterial overgrowth, i believe klebseilla.

OP
M

Markr2d2

You could try lactoferrin start very small and work up. Many of these kinds of diseases stem from bile acids being too toxic.
I have some lactoferrin in the fridge. I was afraid of using it because it might chelate toxins that wont get sweeped out fast enough without fiber.

InChristAlone

I have some lactoferrin in the fridge. I was afraid of using it because it might chelate toxins that wont get sweeped out fast enough without fiber.
That is true, yes you do need the soluble fiber in combo.

OP
M

Markr2d2

I also tolerate starches and fiber a lot better since taking B. longum BB536.

There are even studies showing that it can reverse the gut microbiome disturbances caused by an animal-based diet: Effect of probiotic yoghurt on animal-based diet-induced change in gut microbiota: An open, randomised, parallel-group study | Request PDF

"In the YB and CTR groups, the animal-based diet caused a significant increase in the relative abundance of Bilophila, Odoribacter, Dorea and Ruminococcus (belonging to Lachnospiraceae) and a significant decrease in the level of Bifidobacterium after five days of intake. With the exception of Ruminococcus, these changes were not observed in the YAB group. No significant effect was induced by yoghurt supplementation following an animal-based diet (YB group vs CTR group). These results suggest that the intake of yoghurt supplemented with bifidobacteria played a role in maintaining a normal microbiota composition during the ingestion of a meat-based diet."

ill look into this. I have tried S. Boullardi and a few probiotics mentioned on this forum, all seemed to make things worse.

I have tried an animal only diet but without carbs i get severe panic attacks and blood sugar issues. White sugar alone is not enough to calm this. I absolutely cannot function even for a day on keto style diets.

OP
M

Markr2d2

Another thing to consider is a fecal transplant. You don't have Alzheimer's, but this is impressive.

Rapid improvement in Alzheimer’s disease symptoms following fecal microbiota transplantation: a case report

I would definitely be open to this but its cost prohibitive and also id have to fly to another country. I wouldnt feel comfortable doing it at home, that seems too dangerous. My biggest fear is sepsis.

KGK

Should you not stop oral supplements to give the stomach lining a rest?

mostlylurking

What im currently taking

Aspirin 500mg

- BPC-157 injections

- maybe vit c/b drips?

Why the 1 tablespoon MCT oil 2Xday?? What's the point of that?
Your symptoms sound like classic thiamine deficiency. Have you considered the possibility? I found it pretty easy to test; I just took about 250-300mg of thiamine hcl and all my inflammation disappeared in less than 45 minutes. My temperature also went up a full degree to normal (98.6).

I think that it is helpful to understand that some gut bacteria make thiamine and some gut bacteria make something called thiaminase so the makeup of your gut bacteria do have an effect on your overall health. Please note that taking a thiamine supplement also affects the gut biome (it improves).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi0O_fzczYA

OP
M

Markr2d2

Should you not stop oral supplements to give the stomach lining a rest?
Well this is a many year ongoing thing, i have gone through stretches of no supps. i only buy supps with zero fillers as well.

OP
M

Markr2d2

Why the 1 tablespoon MCT oil 2Xday?? What's the point of that?
Your symptoms sound like classic thiamine deficiency. Have you considered the possibility? I found it pretty easy to test; I just took about 250-300mg of thiamine hcl and all my inflammation disappeared in less than 45 minutes. My temperature also went up a full degree to normal (98.6).

I think that it is helpful to understand that some gut bacteria make thiamine and some gut bacteria make something called thiaminase so the makeup of your gut bacteria do have an effect on your overall health. Please note that taking a thiamine supplement also affects the gut biome (it improves).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi0O_fzczYA

Thanks, no i had not thought of this. Ill give it a try!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals