Borderline Hypothyroid, Histamine Intolerance? Leaky Gut? Hydrogen Sulfide SIBO?? Need Help

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
Don't know what strains kefir has, but most store bought yogurts have acidophilus which produces a lot of D-lactate. To avoid that I make my own with other strains (s. thermophilus, l. bulgaricus) that don't produce any or much D-lactate, and I seem to do very well with it. I also take probiotics that only or mostly produce L-lactate or acetate, and so far things seem to be working well.
What kind of milk do you use for your yogurt?

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
My BO is pretty much under control, we'll see how it is when I start exercising more but I barely notice it, occasionally a strange smell but its diluted/weak, still smells like what I eat though, and sometimes like lactic acid. As for the brainfog its also gone, like before I wouldn't be able to think but now I'm lucid more often, asides from staring off into space/zoning out occasionally. Random pains in my abdomen are gone for the most part, I did have a sharp pain in my eye but its probably eye strain from too much gaming.

Increased sugar intake and caffeine definitely makes me crash mood and concentration wise, not a horrible crash but I'm feeling the highs and lows of life throughout the day more than I have in a long time, I feel a bit anxious or depressed at times during the day but nothing too bad. Libido is pretty mid, 2/10, though I did have 2 nocturnal emissions 2 days in a row so that's at least some kind of progress.

I'm eating 6-7 eggs a day, 1/2 cup haagen daaz, bacon, hydrolyzed collagen, Simply Orange OJ, oranges, chicken, mexican coke, raw carrot, San Pellegrino, and other stuff my parents make/buy, I'm trying to be less neurotic about what I eat since I was veering into orthorexia for a while, I'll try to clean up my diet more as I finish up the semester. Also I tried Jamaican Oxtail Stew and its pretty good, link for anyone who is interested

I'm going to implement more of the recommendations I got from this thread like thiamine, b-complex, as well as cutting back on PUFAs, increasing milk intake, etc. Now i'm mostly concerned with overall thyroid function, hairloss/dry scalp, and libido, glad to put the horrible BO behind me for now, as well as the strange gut problems I was having, it seems I'm over the hill for those two, I'll definitely have to keep up with the collagen/oxtail/bone broth to make sure Leaky Gut is completely eradicated lmao.

TLDR: Weaker BO, Almost no Brainfog and Gut Pain, focused on Hair loss, Libido, Thyroid, Skin (minor acne, dry skin) basically just overall health

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
TLDR: Weaker BO, Almost no Brainfog and Gut Pain, focused on Hair loss, Libido, Thyroid, Skin (minor acne, dry skin) basically just overall health
Brainfog has definitely come back, I can’t focus for the life of me on school work and I feel fuzzy in general. Thorne b-complex and mag glycinate seemed to make me sharper mentally, I’ve ordered more mag and I’m holding off on the b-complex for now since its got so much of each b vitamin in it, I’m not sure if its been irritating my stomach.

Also my BO somehow smells like the Thorne B-complex at times, or a diluted version of whatever I ate earlier in the day, I haven’t taken it for a few days and I can still catch a whiff of it strangely.

Currently i’m sticking to D3/K2 5000/150, I don’t think its causing me problems but I also don’t feel a huge difference on it? Hard to tell. Part of me thinks the brainfog could be from too much dairy/sugar? I have at most 800 grams of whole milk per day and 110 grams of Haagen Dasz as well as 1 coke a day, sometimes 400 grams of chocolate milk too.

Minor/mild Dry skin/dandruff is something I’ve dealt with since middle school, I tried ketoconozal but it didn’t do much for me, that low carb primal-paleo hybrid actually got rid of my dandruff for a while. Am I going over board on sugar/milk which is contributing to some sort of infection/endotoxin (causing dry skin/dandruff)?

Thoughts or similar experiences?

I’ve tried incorporating orange juice into my diet but when I consume it for a few days in a row I get acid reflux and some gut discomfort, I mix it with ice cream typically, is that a bad combo and cause of the OJ problem?

Anyways just doing this to spell out my thoughts I don’t expect a reply. I will lurk more and report back if I see regression/progress. Liver and oysters have definitely helped my libido and liver helps with energy (despite the brainfog and general fatigue i’ve ecperienced lately), still libido is lack luster, I’m sure it will fall into place once I clean up my act (gym/sleep/optimize gut/mag/gly).

No real phantom aches or pains, just occasionally gut pain which doesn’t worry me. BMs were good for a while but now they’re more rocky/clunky/pebbly, minor constipation (slacking with the carrot). Libido 4/10, has definitely been worse lol. Really just need to fix brainfog...

Thanks to any who read or skimmed thru, any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Last edited:

meatbag

Brainfog has definitely come back, I can’t focus for the life of me on school work and I feel fuzzy in general. Thorne b-complex and mag glycinate seemed to make me sharper mentally, I’ve ordered more mag and I’m holding off on the b-complex for now since its got so much of each b vitamin in it, I’m not sure if its been irritating my stomach.

Also my BO somehow smells like the Thorne B-complex at times, or a diluted version of whatever I ate earlier in the day, I haven’t taken it for a few days and I can still catch a whiff of it strangely.

Currently i’m sticking to D3/K2 5000/150, I don’t think its causing me problems but I also don’t feel a huge difference on it? Hard to tell. Part of me thinks the brainfog could be from too much dairy/sugar? I have at most 800 grams of whole milk per day and 110 grams of Haagen Dasz as well as 1 coke a day, sometimes 400 grams of chocolate milk too.

Minor/mild Dry skin/dandruff is something I’ve dealt with since middle school, I tried ketoconozal but it didn’t do much for me, that low carb primal-paleo hybrid actually got rid of my dandruff for a while. Am I going over board on sugar/milk which is contributing to some sort of infection/endotoxin (causing dry skin/dandruff)?

Thoughts or similar experiences?

I’ve tried incorporating orange juice into my diet but when I consume it for a few days in a row I get acid reflux and some gut discomfort, I mix it with ice cream typically, is that a bad combo and cause of the OJ problem?

Anyways just doing this to spell out my thoughts I don’t expect a reply. I will lurk more and report back if I see regression/progress. Liver and oysters have definitely helped my libido and liver helps with energy (despite the brainfog and general fatigue i’ve ecperienced lately), still libido is lack luster, I’m sure it will fall into place once I clean up my act (gym/sleep/optimize gut/mag/gly).

No real phantom aches or pains, just occasionally gut pain which doesn’t worry me. BMs were good for a while but now they’re more rocky/clunky/pebbly, minor constipation (slacking with the carrot). Libido 4/10, has definitely been worse lol. Really just need to fix brainfog...

Thanks to any who read or skimmed thru, any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
maybe b1 would be helpful;
RP: If a person has been under stress and not eating very well, besides protein, vitamin B1 is sometimes the thing that can make the biggest difference most quickly and when it’s absorbed, if you’ve been deficient in it, a great deficiency can cause psychosis and hallucinations and so on but a mild deficiency can just make you feel sluggish and depressed and not have a very good short-term memory, not able to remember what you want or function as acutely as you should. When you take that in a deficient condition, suddenly your whole mood and world seems to change.
Memory, Cognition & Nutrition KMUD - Ask Your Herb Doctor

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
maybe b1 would be helpful;
RP: If a person has been under stress and not eating very well, besides protein, vitamin B1 is sometimes the thing that can make the biggest difference most quickly and when it’s absorbed, if you’ve been deficient in it, a great deficiency can cause psychosis and hallucinations and so on but a mild deficiency can just make you feel sluggish and depressed and not have a very good short-term memory, not able to remember what you want or function as acutely as you should. When you take that in a deficient condition, suddenly your whole mood and world seems to change.
Memory, Cognition & Nutrition KMUD - Ask Your Herb Doctor

I thought I'd add in b1 after getting used to supplementing b-complex and vit d/k2, but became sheepish because I didn't want to supplement too much at once since they can be gut irritants. I'll give it a shot though, any potassium supplement recs? Thanks again meatbag :shame:

meatbag

I thought I'd add in b1 after getting used to supplementing b-complex and vit d/k2, but became sheepish because I didn't want to supplement too much at once since they can be gut irritants. I'll give it a shot though, any potassium supplement recs? Thanks again meatbag :shame:
a lot of b-complexes contain some harmful additives or b-vitamins you don't necessarily want to supplement. I think if you eat a decent diet you probably get enough potassium.

For dandruff have you tried eating beef liver?

Have you checked your temperature and pulse rate to get an indication of your thyroid function?
-Temperature and Pulse Basics & Monthly Log – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
-Thyroid, Temperature, Pulse – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
a lot of b-complexes contain some harmful additives or b-vitamins you don't necessarily want to supplement. I think if you eat a decent diet you probably get enough potassium.

For dandruff have you tried eating beef liver?

Have you checked your temperature and pulse rate to get an indication of your thyroid function?
-Temperature and Pulse Basics & Monthly Log – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
-Thyroid, Temperature, Pulse – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Past two weeks I've been doing weekly 4 oz of liver which does make me feel better libido and energy wise. I haven't been taking my temperature but I've been meaning to read up on it/start taking it soon. As for potassium I've largely ignored it, I get some from milk/meat/oranges but according to cronometer I get below 3000 mg's per day. I am trying to fit OJ into my diet but I've gotten acid reflux after consuming it for a few days in a row whenever I try to introduce it into my diet. What are your thoughts are magnesium supplementation?

meatbag

Past two weeks I've been doing weekly 4 oz of liver which does make me feel better libido and energy wise. I haven't been taking my temperature but I've been meaning to read up on it/start taking it soon. As for potassium I've largely ignored it, I get some from milk/meat/oranges but according to cronometer I get below 3000 mg's per day. I am trying to fit OJ into my diet but I've gotten acid reflux after consuming it for a few days in a row whenever I try to introduce it into my diet. What are your thoughts are magnesium supplementation?
I had a hard time with orange juice. It's actually difficult to find good juice. I've been having a good time with the pulp-free frozen concentrates and I blend it with water.
Orange juices with/without flavor packs and pulp-dissolving enzymes - Toxinless

A lot of magnesium supplements cause people digestive issues. I think if you eat milk, coffee, and some fruit and eat some meat then you should be okay. I think very well cooked green leaves can be a good source according to interviews I've read;Search results

OP
beeohbeebeewhy
I had a hard time with orange juice. It's actually difficult to find good juice. I've been having a good time with the pulp-free frozen concentrates and I blend it with water.
Orange juices with/without flavor packs and pulp-dissolving enzymes - Toxinless

A lot of magnesium supplements cause people digestive issues. I think if you eat milk, coffee, and some fruit and eat some meat then you should be okay. I think very well cooked green leaves can be a good source according to interviews I've read;Search results
The best OJ i’ve found is whole foods freshly squeezed which is actually sweet without any added sugar, why is pulp a bad thing? It might be a matter of getting used to OJ, if all else fails I’ll try the pulp free frozen concentrates ?.

I should probably add some greens into my diet since I only ever have them in the occasional soup, i’m not sure if magnesium supplements have been a problem for me but they do taste awful. Do you think organic store bought fruit is good enough or should it be sourced locally?

meatbag

The best OJ i’ve found is whole foods freshly squeezed which is actually sweet without any added sugar, why is pulp a bad thing? It might be a matter of getting used to OJ, if all else fails I’ll try the pulp free frozen concentrates ?.

I should probably add some greens into my diet since I only ever have them in the occasional soup, i’m not sure if magnesium supplements have been a problem for me but they do taste awful. Do you think organic store bought fruit is good enough or should it be sourced locally?
The pulp can support bacterial growth, especially in hypothyroid people. If you search through interviews and posts you can find the arguments against consuming any fiber that supports bacteria

I think the sweetness of the juice is the main thing. If it's sour the oranges aren't ripe. A lot of brands also use enzyme treatments to dissolve the pulp into thier juice which introduces new negatives as discussed in the toxinless site I linked in my post before.

Motif

you're welcome.

I also found Dr. Costantini's site very helpful: HDT Therapy You may think that this isn't pertinent because Dr. Costantini's focus was to treat Parkinson's disease patients, but there is a correlation between gut dysbiosis and Parkinson's disease; people start off with gut issues and wind up with Parkinson's. Both are successfully treated with thiamine.
How much mag and potassium should be taken with b1?

mostlylurking

How much mag and potassium should be taken with b1?
I'm relying on orange juice for the potassium; I try to drink a quart a day but the advice online is to drink 8 ounces to get enough potassium. The recommendations for how much magnesium varies; Dr. Costantini advises his patients to take 75mg 2Xweek; I need 1200mg/day in order to avoid my feet cramping up at night.

Motif

I'm relying on orange juice for the potassium; I try to drink a quart a day but the advice online is to drink 8 ounces to get enough potassium. The recommendations for how much magnesium varies; Dr. Costantini advises his patients to take 75mg 2Xweek; I need 1200mg/day in order to avoid my feet cramping up at night.
Wow, that’s a lot mag

mostlylurking

Ok, but is really that much needed?

and what if I only take 100 mg Daily ?
Everybody's different. I have no idea what you might need. The 1200 grams is what my chiropractor recommended and he is happy that I am taking that much. My foot spasms at night have pretty much disappeared so I can go to sleep without major distractions.

On more than one occasion, over the past two years, I have called/emailed my chiropractor in a panic because my energy level was in the ditch and I couldn't do my minuscule weight bearing exercises he prescribed. Each time I asked him for help he told me to put 1/2 teas. (=1200mg) magnesium in 12 oz of orange juice, drink it down, wait 30 minutes and try again. This little trick was very helpful and I could then do my little exercise routine. I'm 71; my exercise routine is pretty laughable.

Motif

Everybody's different. I have no idea what you might need. The 1200 grams is what my chiropractor recommended and he is happy that I am taking that much. My foot spasms at night have pretty much disappeared so I can go to sleep without major distractions.

On more than one occasion, over the past two years, I have called/emailed my chiropractor in a panic because my energy level was in the ditch and I couldn't do my minuscule weight bearing exercises he prescribed. Each time I asked him for help he told me to put 1/2 teas. (=1200mg) magnesium in 12 oz of orange juice, drink it down, wait 30 minutes and try again. This little trick was very helpful and I could then do my little exercise routine. I'm 71; my exercise routine is pretty laughable.
1200 mg mag at once, wow.
Did you feel any difference in your digestion from b1?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals