Anybody eating Peat inspired and low sulfur? If so, what does your diet look like?

redeugene99

I think it's very likely that I have issues with metabolizing sulfur. It may be due to hydrogen sulfide SIBO or genetic issues or both. My symptoms include: dry hair/dandruff, flushing, rosacea, brain fog, salicylate intolerance, histamine intolerance, gas build up, constipation, joint pain among others. I've had to eliminate dairy and eggs for the time being. I'm left with meat and fruit, but it's hard for me to get enough calories and I can see myself already having issues that come with low calorie intake. I've thought about adding some safe starch in, but I usually experience endotoxin symptoms with starch.

I am generally starch free too RedEugene99, as are many others on this site, so you are in good company! I wrote a post called "Starch - The Delicious Devil" to expain why. I also started a few threads with my Ray Peat inspired recipes with step by step photo instructions. I hope you find them helpful.

JPF

Taking betaine HCL supplements have been known to help with rosacea. Improved digestion by taking HCL supplements may also help with bloating and constipation. I'm not one to like to take a whole lot of supplements, but this is one that has been known to help people with the above.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals