I Have Started And Stopped Starch Like 50 Times And The End Result Is Always The Same

T

TheBeard

I notice that with no starch I don’t feel the same drive to engage and succeed in my world. I seek the avoidance of energy expenditure, almost as if I’m subsisting in a state of continual stress avoidance. This keeps me stress free and so somewhat healthy, but it is no way a recipe for a good life. And the second stress comes, which is an inevitable facet of our existence, I’m reaching for whatever sugar sources I can pound in my body to help deal with it.

Contrast this with the starch fueled state, and I’m willing to seek out and even purposely subjugate myself to what would typically be considered stress so that I can grow and develop as a human being. I think it’s important to consider that a diet should not just be for the healing and prevention of disease, but also support the active growth and development of the individual.

It’s tough to get the recipes right. Foods are very rarely good in their isolation and have to be combined with intentionally selective other foods to become an acceptable and nourishing meal. Everything else has to be combined, starch, fruit veggies, fats, proteins, salt, sugar etc... if the body is to receive the full range of benefits proper nourishment can offer and also prevent negative outcomes from isolated food consumption.

That's exactly because...starch puts you in that stressed state, via higher endotoxin.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
That's exactly because...starch puts you in that stressed state, via higher endotoxin.

Man, are you in my whatsapp group? I'll add you to our group now.

+61416898834

Also, I get absolutely DESTROYED by potato starch & tapioca starch, that it KILLS my libido entirely.

So what can be done to UNFU** myself after accidental exposure? I tried activated charcoal which hardly made any difference.

Any other ideas?

T

TheBeard

+61416898834

Also, I get absolutely DESTROYED by potato starch & tapioca starch, that it KILLS my libido entirely.

So what can be done to UNFU** myself after accidental exposure? I tried activated charcoal which hardly made any difference.

Any other ideas?

Flush your bowels with epsom salts.
Once your bowel is empty after 4 hours or so, perform a coffee enema.

For me, it resets everything.

Uselis

+61416898834

Any other ideas?

I have almost identical reaction as you from potatoes. Fortunately I have physical job so hangover lasts until next day mid shift. Lots explosive movement and sweating takes care of melancholic submissiveness. Though better to not eat it in the first place ha ha.

Runenight201

I don’t think anyone food or food group can be responsible for an overall stressed state, but the combination of that foods with other foods and the total digestive strain that the body is facing at the moment make up the total internal stress someone undergoes at any given moment. If I’m fasted for quite a while, I could eat anything to a certain extent and “get away” with it. Hell 2 days ago I was so ravenously hungry from fasting so long that I consumed 1000 calories of Doritos and orange juice and felt better than I had all day and had renewed energy to actually go out and achieve objectives to further my development.

It’s very distinct. There’s a clean, capable, warmth, that I’ll feel emanating from my body and especially hands and feet when I’ve consumed a good meal. It’s accompanied with a surety in myself and the absence of negative thoughts and anxiety. Tough to get this without starch. Meat and wine will give me some of this, but without the will to expend energy that starch provides me. Meat without wine or carbohydrate though is pretty useless for me, almost like dead energy.

If having problems with starch it may be because its being consumed alone. That’s also like dead energy to me also. It’s pure glucose, but my body can’t distribute it efficiently to my tissues without accompanied foods. Bok choy, mushrooms, spinach, with starch? Follow it with some ripe fruit, juice, honey milk, SOMETHING else. Now this is a completely different dietary experience. No wonder so many cultures throws in vegetation with their starch meals.

Zpol

interesting...never heard of dried carrots.....do you bake them or something?
They're dehydrated. I buy them (bare, and Rhythm brands, the plain ones, no oils). I only have them as an occasional snack though, as I'm sure they have a lot of beta carotene.

Cloudhands

I think we need different varieties and ratios of fibers to keep things moving so as to not turn the gut into a yeast pot if we do decide to eat starch. This means play around with unfermentable:fermentable ratios and unsoluble:soluble ratios. Personally, i try to avoid starch, i eat fruit, leaves and meat. Things that are game changers for digestion are apple cider vinegar (raw and unfiltered), activated charcoal, and roasted chicory root (hot water extracted mixed in with my coffee). Inulin is water soluble, so instead of eating starchy foods like jerusalem artichoke and green bananas you can extract it with coffee. Inulin gives me similiar motility time and bowel movements to a completely fiber free diet, pushing me to insinuate that it increases akkermensia species perhaps, based on @Hans work. I want to experiment more with psyllium husk as well, its a soluble and unfermentable fiber, which i find very interesting. I think if i were mainly eating starch id expiriment adding in these things. Probably start eating more mushrooms too. But fruit fares far better, and our anatomy would suggest we are categorized moreso as frugivores anyway.

Runenight201

I think we need different varieties and ratios of fibers to keep things moving so as to not turn the gut into a yeast pot if we do decide to eat starch. This means play around with unfermentable:fermentable ratios and unsoluble:soluble ratios. Personally, i try to avoid starch, i eat fruit, leaves and meat. Things that are game changers for digestion are apple cider vinegar (raw and unfiltered), activated charcoal, and roasted chicory root (hot water extracted mixed in with my coffee). Inulin is water soluble, so instead of eating starchy foods like jerusalem artichoke and green bananas you can extract it with coffee. Inulin gives me similiar motility time and bowel movements to a completely fiber free diet, pushing me to insinuate that it increases akkermensia species perhaps, based on @Hans work. I want to experiment more with psyllium husk as well, its a soluble and unfermentable fiber, which i find very interesting. I think if i were mainly eating starch id expiriment adding in these things. Probably start eating more mushrooms too. But fruit fares far better, and our anatomy would suggest we are categorized moreso as frugivores anyway.

I like the idea of mixing different fibers with varied metabolic inputs. I just had some hi-chew that was a mixture of glucose and sucrose syrup, sat fat, gelatin, and a starchy seasoning paste of sucrose, modified food starch, Arabic gum, and guar gum. The result was this very well digested chewable gummy that also contained metabolic inputs that provided my body with increased well-being. I could see something like that perhaps with select other vitamins and metabolic stimulators to be even better than the hi-chew.

I had some tostones yesterday that I had to combine with cheese or else it was a low frequency meal to consume. Are you suggesting that soaking the plantain in some coffee to extract inulin and then consume the resultant plant matter? Or drink the coffee with the inulin (and whatever else was leeched out of the plantain)?

Lastly could you expand on your list point about us being anatomically frugivores? I’m remembering something about our digestive tracts but I forgot what conclusions were made surrounding their evolution.

Cloudhands

I like the idea of mixing different fibers with varied metabolic inputs. I just had some hi-chew that was a mixture of glucose and sucrose syrup, sat fat, gelatin, and a starchy seasoning paste of sucrose, modified food starch, Arabic gum, and guar gum. The result was this very well digested chewable gummy that also contained metabolic inputs that provided my body with increased well-being. I could see something like that perhaps with select other vitamins and metabolic stimulators to be even better than the hi-chew.

I had some tostones yesterday that I had to combine with cheese or else it was a low frequency meal to consume. Are you suggesting that soaking the plantain in some coffee to extract inulin and then consume the resultant plant matter? Or drink the coffee with the inulin (and whatever else was leeched out of the plantain)?

Lastly could you expand on your list point about us being anatomically frugivores? I’m remembering something about our digestive tracts but I forgot what conclusions were made surrounding their evolution.
Ive learned a lot from the late @Travis posts. Id reccomend searching the term 'frugivore' posted by user 'travis' to get a better explanation than what i can provide. But generally, if you compare our digestive surface area, our teeth and probably other paramaters including evolutionary and anthropological data you just end up seeing us being closer to frugivores (which means at least 51% of diet is fruit, not 100%). And as far as inulin, i use chicory root instead of plantains etc. Its probably much cheaper, much more potent and an easier process. And as far as greens, i use romaine. I recall a user on here (wish i could remember her name) expirimenting feeding her snails different foods, and finding that romaine was a favored food that also took the longest to wilt when she it wasnt eaten. Romaine is also very high in folate, which is ideal for a hairless primate such as humans. I also include non gmo unfortified nutritional yeast with my salads. Along with tomato, black cumin seed, ground beef, salt, little bit of low fat yogurt, ACV, onion (lots of it, raw). I have these salads for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and eat fruit in between, favoring pineapple and whatevers cheap, ripe and available otherwise. I also include a tiny bit of flax oil, maybe 1-2 tsp, just enough to make my ratio of omega-3:eek:mega-6 a little over 1 (omega six coming from the ground beef). With the coffee i just mix roasted chicory with coffee beans and make it like normal, and for sweetener i use brer Black strap molasses. Im not sure which parts are the most helpful but when i eat this way consistently, i have really good poo-poos. In the future i want to incorporate: wheat bran, variety of organic berries, niacinamide, beat greens, ginger shavings, etc..

gaze

I don’t think anyone food or food group can be responsible for an overall stressed state, but the combination of that foods with other foods and the total digestive strain that the body is facing at the moment make up the total internal stress someone undergoes at any given moment. If I’m fasted for quite a while, I could eat anything to a certain extent and “get away” with it. Hell 2 days ago I was so ravenously hungry from fasting so long that I consumed 1000 calories of Doritos and orange juice and felt better than I had all day and had renewed energy to actually go out and achieve objectives to further my development.

It’s very distinct. There’s a clean, capable, warmth, that I’ll feel emanating from my body and especially hands and feet when I’ve consumed a good meal. It’s accompanied with a surety in myself and the absence of negative thoughts and anxiety. Tough to get this without starch. Meat and wine will give me some of this, but without the will to expend energy that starch provides me. Meat without wine or carbohydrate though is pretty useless for me, almost like dead energy.

If having problems with starch it may be because its being consumed alone. That’s also like dead energy to me also. It’s pure glucose, but my body can’t distribute it efficiently to my tissues without accompanied foods. Bok choy, mushrooms, spinach, with starch? Follow it with some ripe fruit, juice, honey milk, SOMETHING else. Now this is a completely different dietary experience. No wonder so many cultures throws in vegetation with their starch meals.

You mention the hunger from fasting for a bit. This is one of the advantageous things about starch, as in once I "fall behind" in my hunger, as in I need to make up calories for the day, eating starch is much easier than fruit. Like 100 grams of starch feels nourishing as opposed to 100 grams of carbs from OJ, which would turn slightly into adrenaline. Once glycogen stores are full, then fruit feels better because it keeps the metabolic rate up, but when I'm really hungry, I don't like the feeling of increasing the metabolic rate at the same time as satisfying hunger which happens from fruit because I haven't even "caught up" to my hunger yet to be able to increase the metabolic rate, if that makes sense. With that being said though, I try to not fall behind in hunger because starch still has its downsides for me personally, so I try to stay on top of it and provide calories throughout the day so I don't fall into that situation

SamuraiJack

A full day has passed without any starch, here's what I've noticed.

Just feel better, my wellbeing has increased.

Not any blood sugar swings at all, insulin is more sensitive perhaps? Would normally have to snack throughout the day, not yesterday, and ate considerably less which is a plus.
No breakfast yet and no hunger pang.

For the first time in a long time, slept late and woke up refreshed..ready to tackle my day, just applied for another job role in my company (normally I'd be too tired/demotivated).
Never happens to me even when sleeping earlier.

Motivation has obviously increased.

Nothing else yet but for a day this is impressive if i say so myself.
Coming from eating multiple white potatoes daily

M

metabolizm

My strength and recovery are great. I'm doing about 3-4L of milk and about 250g of organ meat mix and it works for me. I don't even have to eat fruit to make it work.

Man, 4L of milk sounds absolutely insane to me. I don't think I've ever drunk more than 1L in a day. I wish I could, though, because it's such a cheap, nutrient-rich calorie source, and would make eating a hell of a lot simpler for me. I suppose I just don't crave it enough, and I don't think I digest it very well. :disrelieved:

Hans

Forum Supporter
What's your main protein source? In your starch article comments you say only meat occasionally.
Milk and organ meat mix are my main protein sources for now. Sometimes seafood as well, but not very regularly.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Man, 4L of milk sounds absolutely insane to me. I don't think I've ever drunk more than 1L in a day. I wish I could, though, because it's such a rich calorie source, and would make eating a hell of a lot simpler for me. I suppose I just don't crave it enough, and I don't think I digest it very well. :disrelieved:
It's a lot for sure and I sometimes have to remind myself that I have to drink it. I've reduced it to 1L and upped my meat intake as a recent experiment.

Nomane Euger

Milk and organ meat mix are my main protein sources for now. Sometimes seafood as well, but not very regularly.
Hi hans,can you detail your organ meat consumption?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi hans,can you detail your organ meat consumption?
I buy a pre-made blend, and they told me it's a blend of venison meat (kudu), lungs, gizzards and kidneys. The place I buy from also have other organ meat mixes, but I haven't enquired about the specific organs in the mix.

SamuraiJack

In my experience, I had a major Herxheimer response about 3 days after quitting starch. It was severe, would have gone to the ER but my boyfriend at the time said he it could be a 'healing crisis' and sure enough, I was better by morning and the stomach pain never came back until I attempted to reintroduce a small amount of starch (won't be doing that again). I have dealt with extreme and debilitating gut inflammation for most of my life though, and a bacterial overflowth infection that was unresponsive to antibiotics so I suppose I was an extreme case.
Basically, quitting starch was essential for me. I think for people like me it's easy to continue to keep it out of the diet because adding it back in would be so much more painful. Necessity sparks creativity and I've found lots of foods to replace the need for starch. Drawing upon my HCLF fat, I eat lots of over-ripe bananas and dates to calories up and dried carrot sticks for when I want a crunchy texture.
Immediately thought of your post.

So 3rd day no starch for me and although the results have been nothing short of amazing, I've come down with a slight fever and overall weakness. Could it be due to no starch? Who knows.

It's nothing like what u went through, no stomach aches or anything. This is rather bearable but noticeable. Hope it's gone by tomorrow

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals