I Have Started And Stopped Starch Like 50 Times And The End Result Is Always The Same

SamuraiJack

We've been handling endotoxin for millennia... this thing of endotoxin was overexagerated by ray peat. there are no absolutely clean foods.
I don't think it is a big deal, like drinking alcohol, poison , but wine may even make you live longer
high endotoxin environment may instigate chronic immune diseases. But meat/milk are no better foods. Not to mention milk, there are so many controvercies about it, it 's been discussed so many times. Undigested lactose is bulking and help some people against constipation...still lots of endotoxin and so many people feel bad from milk.
Weston price diet people don't live long, even on the contrary
Cancer, liver, gall bludder problems, hairloss...

Nah..., I better stay on my endotoxin containing diet with some fixes ...and time will show
People keep forgetting that food today isn't the same as food from a millennia ago... If it was we would all be fine.

Food is pretty much f*ked and depleted nowadays. Tainted with. All hybridized and pasteurised.

I think pasteurised/homogenised milk is an issue. Peat doesn't think so.
But i drink raw milk and doing just fine with it.

SamuraiJack

This is my experience as well strangely enough. Been trying to replace starch macros with chocolate, a bit more milk and some more fruit as well as add more salt and I feel well.
Sounds good. I've upped my chocolate intake recently and it's great. I see it as a whole food, doesn't seem to deplete me like straight sugar, fruit juiced. Got quite a bit of minerals with it.
Darker the better.

gaze

As it's well known what Ray eats daily, which he has said in interviews and to me personally over email, which includes at least 2 quarts of milk and 2 quarts of OJ per day (often times more of both). i think it's important to note that he uses uses OJ concentrate (he told me this over email also). I wonder if it's easier for him to do no starch causes he doesn't use much water when he reconstitutes the OJ concentrate. he also told someone on the facebook page that when there's 0 fruit available, around 2 quarts of coke can replace the sugar needs for the day, but only as a temporary replacement. Something about drinking that much coke just feels wrong, even if it's temporary. but it could just be the social conditioning regarding the negatives of soda

Cloudhands

As it's well known what Ray eats daily, which he has said in interviews and to me personally over email, which includes at least 2 quarts of milk and 2 quarts of OJ per day (often times more of both). i think it's important to note that he uses uses OJ concentrate (he told me this over email also). I wonder if it's easier for him to do no starch causes he doesn't use much water when he reconstitutes the OJ concentrate. he also told someone on the facebook page that when there's 0 fruit available, around 2 quarts of coke can replace the sugar needs for the day, but only as a temporary replacement. Something about drinking that much coke just feels wrong, even if it's temporary. but it could just be the social conditioning regarding the negatives of soda
Good call, do u know of any reliable commercial or online available concentrate brands? All i can find are the standards like "tropicana"

boris

Could you provide a quote? All I have heard from him is that he drinks fresh OJ and only uses concentrate when there aren't ripe oranges available (mostly in the winter).

gaze

Could you provide a quote? All I have heard from him is that he drinks fresh OJ and only uses concentrate when there aren't ripe oranges available (mostly in the winter).
he sent me this directly :

"I think butter and cream are safe sources for a large part of the calorie requirement, generally better than grains (unless they are nixtamalized, alkali treated). I have been using frozen concentrate and reconstituted pasteurized juice for a long time, because of the scarcity of ripe oranges in the US. In Mexico, I’ve never run into an unripe orange, so there I usually juice my own"

i don't think he even finds ripe oranges in the US in the summer (because he shops are large scale supermarkets, which never have ripe oranges), i think he just sticks to the frozen concentrate the entire time in the US

Last edited:

gaze

Good call, do u know of any reliable commercial or online available concentrate brands? All i can find are the standards like "tropicana"

yea i haven't tried any myself. he told me he shops at safeway, which is the same as vons and pavilions, so you may find a decent one at one of those stores

dukesbobby777

What sort of packaging does frozen OJ concentrate come in? I’ve never seen it sold in the UK supermarket frozen sections. Maybe it’s just an American thing.

gaze

What sort of packaging does frozen OJ concentrate come in? I’ve never seen it sold in the UK supermarket frozen sections. Maybe it’s just an American thing.

it looks like can of beans but a thinner container. i think it is indeed an american thing, it used to be extremely popular in the 70s and 80s but less so now. i wouldn't be surprised if they stop making it soon, as there's already very few brands available

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

We've been handling endotoxin for millennia... this thing of endotoxin was overexagerated by ray peat. there are no absolutely clean foods.
I don't think it is a big deal, like drinking alcohol, poison , but wine may even make you live longer
high endotoxin environment may instigate chronic immune diseases. But meat/milk are no better foods. Not to mention milk, there are so many controvercies about it, it 's been discussed so many times. Undigested lactose is bulking and help some people against constipation...still lots of endotoxin and so many people feel bad from milk.

Nah..., I better stay on my endotoxin containing diet with some fixes ...and time will show

Change is usually dictated by suffering.
You haven't suffered enough yet from endotoxemia / candida / SIBO.
When your brain will feel like cotton candy, your legs that heavy that you can't get out of bed, your appetite so small that you could fast for a weak, the nausea so bad that a hangover feels like a breeze, you will understand what endotoxemia is.

Until then, you can only talk from studies you've read and how it's not a big deal.

jet9

A full day has passed without any starch, here's what I've noticed.

Just feel better, my wellbeing has increased.

Not any blood sugar swings at all, insulin is more sensitive perhaps? Would normally have to snack throughout the day, not yesterday, and ate considerably less which is a plus.
No breakfast yet and no hunger pang.

For the first time in a long time, slept late and woke up refreshed..ready to tackle my day, just applied for another job role in my company (normally I'd be too tired/demotivated).
Never happens to me even when sleeping earlier.

Motivation has obviously increased.

Nothing else yet but for a day this is impressive if i say so myself.
Coming from eating multiple white potatoes daily
Do you find you need to eat more frequently on no starch? Also what's your protein / carbs / fats ratio?

tankasnowgod

Yeah, and just look at all those 1,000 year olds running around! No one ever died or got sick over that past millennia...... well, not until December 1st, 2019, when the "novel coronavirus" was discovered, anyway.

Yeah, Ray also totally exaggerates endotoxin. Sepsis isn't even a real thing.

Zpol

I don't understand why/how starch is so detrimental for some of us? I could never have believed this before.
So i continued eating this for years without really giving it up (white potatoes mainly). Should have experimented a few years back.

Without starch my blood sugar/insulin control has been steady as hell. Before I'd be constantly snacking due to hypoglycemia and now that's cured. My liver before couldn't store much glucose at all now i can get through the days amazingly well.
Substances like caffeine are now processed very thoroughly. Used to get jitters after even tiny amounts.
Feels like quitting starch has healed my pancreas and liver?

My stress levels have dropped substantially I'm much calmer and feel great... Just peaceful. I can see this in my eyes, they're so relaxed now.
My voice is at peace, and deeper. No trembling or muffling.
Physically also losing weight (water) and believe I'll lose a lot more belly fat secondary to improved glucose regulation and other unknown avenues.

Everyone who hasn't should definitely give this a go.
I experienced many of these same things as well. The steadier blood sugar/insulin control has been a huge benefit for me.

I too am wondering why starch is so detrimental to some of us. I have a hunch that thickeners like carrageenan and gum additives cause permanent damage to the digestive tract, causing increased permeability and allowing presorption to happen at a higher rate than would ordinarily occur. Couple that with getting bottle fed and/or a cesarean birth and the stage is set for a person to acquire some degree of dysbiosis (and therefore endotoxin). Later in life, the accumulation of other environmental stressors, plus possibly genetic predispositions, would lead to full on bowel inflammation and systemic effects. I suppose the ones who have less stress and/or more resilience can continue to eat starches with no problems.

OP
D

Dobbler

Im glad this thread got so popular. Im sorry i haven't answered to any comments, there is just too much.. I think endotoxin is definitely one of the biggest contributors to high serotonin/cortisol/inflammation and starch in many people is the major cause. Of course if the digestion and body is sluggish in general, every food is a problem.

Dutchie

I too am wondering why starch is so detrimental to some of us.
My thinking is Klebsiella. Many people with AS see improvements on a low/no starch diet bc apparently Klebsiella feeds on starch.

OP
D

Dobbler

This diet doesn't allow lactose or sucrose, which is interesting because all fruits are like 50% sucrose and rest are free fructose and glucose, so if you eat any fruit , you are ingesting sucrose. Lactose is not that different from sucrose. But the basic idea of the book is right. It doesn't focus on endotoxin, but on bacteria. And we know those things go hand in hand.

tankasnowgod

Yeah... Plenty of diabetic, cancerous, obese, hypothyroid, poisoned slobs back then wasn't there?

Well, it's hard to die of a degenerative disease like diabetes or cancer in your 70s or 80s when you've already died from something like tuberculosis in your 30s or 40s.

The modern food supply absolutely has problems. So did the food supply 1,000 years ago. Quit acting like everything was perfect back then, and no one had any health issues.