Potato = Good

acrolein, malondialdehyde, hydroxynonenal, crotonaldehyde, lipid peroxides, isoprostanes, prostaglandins, neuroprostanes, eicosanoids, leukotrienes.

aquaman

If you mention anything pro-starch or anti-coffee on this board, you're going down.

YuraCZ

acrolein, malondialdehyde, hydroxynonenal, crotonaldehyde, lipid peroxides, isoprostanes, prostaglandins, neuroprostanes, eicosanoids, leukotrienes.
All this even if its extra virgin used only for direct consumption without any heat damage of the oil??

Dude, if you like olive oil then ejnoy olive oil. I choose to not consume it based on many things I've seen by Caldwell Esselstyn and his work on heart disease. I have no use for added fats. They are nutrient poor and cause problems in excess. The only use for them is personal pleasure, not nutriment value. Olive oil does has some antioxidants but I can get them from whole olives.

YuraCZ

Dude, if you like olive oil then ejnoy olive oil. I choose to not consume it based on many things I've seen by Caldwell Esselstyn and his work on heart disease. I have no use for added fats. They are nutrient poor and cause problems in excess. The only use for them is personal pleasure, not nutriment value. Olive oil does has some antioxidants but I can get them from whole olives.
Ok but why you can't answer? Because I have no idea what these substances are and I use only good quality EVOO and I use olive oil only after cooking to the meal.. I don't consume fat in excess. If I have 50g a day it will be high fat for me. I can't tolerate much. For someone else is 150g a day nothing.. But I can't eat less than 40g or so per day. Some fat keep my blood sugar stable. For example white rice with vegetables and lean protein source = 1 hour later hypoglycemia, but if I add only maybe 6g (1/2tbsp) My blood sugar is stable for hours. Btw I don't know why you are still so defensive. It's very hard to debate with you... I think most people are glad that you are here. But sometimes you can be more relaxed and open.. When you say something and somebody has a question about details or how it works etc..

m_arch

Ok but why you can't answer? Because I have no idea what these substances are and I use only good quality EVOO and I use olive oil only after cooking to the meal.. I don't consume fat in excess. If I have 50g a day it will be high fat for me. I can't tolerate much. For someone else is 150g a day nothing.. But I can't eat less than 40g or so per day. Some fat keep my blood sugar stable. For example white rice with vegetables and lean protein source = 1 hour later hypoglycemia, but if I add only maybe 6g (1/2tbsp) My blood sugar is stable for hours. Btw I don't know why you are still so defensive. It's very hard to debate with you... I think most people are glad that you are here. But sometimes you can be more relaxed and open.. When you say something and somebody has a question about details or how it works etc..
It's not going to be life and death, it's a really insignificant aspect of health. Might not be ideal, but super centenarians have been pumped out of olive oil eating countries like Greece.

Much worse than getting all nazi about your food choices is being completely obsessed with food.

I think studies show the best thing to do for your health is have strong social bonds. In our society a lot of those revolve around food consumption.

Better to eat the pufa and have friends. Pop some vitamin E and dont think twice about it

YuraCZ

It's not going to be life and death, it's a really insignificant aspect of health. Might not be ideal, but super centenarians have been pumped out of olive oil eating countries like Greece.

Much worse than getting all nazi about your food choices is being completely obsessed with food.

I think studies show the best thing to do for your health is have strong social bonds. In our society a lot of those revolve around food consumption.

Better to eat the pufa and have friends. Pop some vitamin E and dont think twice about it
Well if I were from France, Greece etc.. close to the sea. The diet of an average Joe will be acceptable for me. But here in Czech republic? It is nothing but flour, cheap oils, disgusting cheap and low quality meat products, alcohol. I would be obese in 10 years and dead in next 10 years lol. No thx..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals