Homeless Guys Have Tons Of Hair

Atman

This and probably the gene associated with no male pattern baldness may be associated with less likely to succeed?
Yes there has to be some factor along those lines.

Think about it:
  • Balding in men is to some degree genetic
  • Balding in men has been present since at least classical antiquity
  • From a purely aesthetic perspective, men with hair are more attractive
The logical conclusion has to be that the balding phenotypic trait has to be linked to some other positive trait which gave the men a reproductive advantage which overcompensated the lower aesthetic attractiveness which came along with it. Otherwise, the balding trait would have disappeared via sexual selection.
The interesting question now is, what this other trait or these other traits are.

pauljacob

Heredity is a major factor in hair loss. My father was bald. I'm his oldest son, I have my all my hair, my brother has his hair. The youngest brother -- six feet tall, handsome and well-built is bald. He lost all his hair when he was 30.

LLight

Heredity is a major factor in hair loss. My father was bald. I'm his oldest son, I have my all my hair, my brother has his hair. The youngest brother -- six feet tall, handsome and well-built is bald. He lost all his hair when he was 30.

Not sure if this is ironic :):. Isn't your experience contradictory with your first sentence?

OP
P

Pufa

Hair and skin already looking better and more volume by being outdoors in nature and sun more, especially since hitting the beach. Even for those saying this is not a solution for regrowth.. it still makes your current hair much nicer.

LLight

I have read your entire post, but english is not my native language.

From Wikipedia, "Heredity, also called inheritance or biological inheritance, is the passing on of traits from parents to their offspring".

Your father and your younger brother are bald, but you are not. Shouldn't you be bald too? What am I missing?

pauljacob

I have read your entire post, but english is not my native language.

From Wikipedia, "Heredity, also called inheritance or biological inheritance, is the passing on of traits from parents to their offspring".

Your father and your younger brother are bald, but you are not. Shouldn't you be bald too? What am I missing?
The mother's genes also impact the traits, and that's why even when the father is bald, not all his children will be bald.

I looked up vegetable police, he also has a video on hair loss. He regrew the most hair when he did a fruit diet and did yoga
Yeah, he does. He said that after he found the way to regrow hair, every time he swicthed to low carb, he would experience hair-loss again, so it just adds weight to the evidence that hair is quite hungry for carbs.

It's interesting that he managed to solve his hair-loss issue without much protein, but it's important to keep in mind that fruits have both a lot of carbs AND a significant amount of keto-acids. Both carbs and keto-acids can help the body work well even with a protein intake that may seem low, since they aid in amino-acid recycling.

While it is impressive that a bum would have the willpower to workout that much, he doesn't strike me as particularly healthy looking. Too much vascularity, too little bodyfat. He is clearly starved and stressed.
I think he looks quite jacked, and all that muscle must be helping burn off PUFA and produce some anabolic hormones.

He does take AIDS medication, so he won't look too good, since those meds are poison.

I did notice that his stomach is slightly bloated, so maybe he has some liver issues or SIBO.

Yes there has to be some factor along those lines.

Think about it:
  • Balding in men is to some degree genetic
  • Balding in men has been present since at least classical antiquity
  • From a purely aesthetic perspective, men with hair are more attractive
The logical conclusion has to be that the balding phenotypic trait has to be linked to some other positive trait which gave the men a reproductive advantage which overcompensated the lower aesthetic attractiveness which came along with it. Otherwise, the balding trait would have disappeared via sexual selection.
The interesting question now is, what this other trait or these other traits are.
Why do you think balding is genetic? Also, what do you mean exactly be genetic?

Stressed-out people have existed since classical antiquity.

If something is more attractive, wouldn't it make sense that it is desirable? What's your opinion on the view that aesthetics, as long as people aren't contaminated with the mainstream view of good-looking, is an indicator of health?

Do you think it's possible that people who have important positions in society are under more stress, and, therefore, develop baldness are more successful in attracting partners?

Ledo

I am going to get a ton of hate for this but I think this might be a major reason why homeless people have good hair... I think fakeness might be associated with balding. It is a powerful chronic stressor. N=1 I was losing hair a few years ago and I was a lot faker back then than I am now. I don't lose hair anymore and my personality is a lot steadier, I don't change who I am according to the situation. I am just myself. I think it's related to a higher testosterone to cortisol ratio. But obviously this is not practical all the time, if you have an authoritarian boss for example.

Don't mean to offend anyone. Don't mean to be hypocritical either, since I still have long way to go before I am 100% "real".
Then this means the lefties with all their virtue signaling and social justice crap meant to enslave people, control people, dominate people because of an innate narcissism and hatred of people should be pretty bald. Fake news fake people =bald

I like it, explains alot

rei

lol "good gut health"

You realize they live on fast food and alcohol right?
Well, alcohol is known to prevent T2D, one of the largest health epidemics in the world. So maybe it is not as unhealthy as some propagandist told you?

Their drinking probably replaces much of their fast food consumption, so it could end up being highly protective compared to "normal" citizens.

xetawaves

Well, alcohol is known to prevent T2D, one of the largest health epidemics in the world. So maybe it is not as unhealthy as some propagandist told you?

Their drinking probably replaces much of their fast food consumption, so it could end up being highly protective compared to "normal" citizens.

lmao

boris

@pauljacob
Only the predisposition to get bald under stress is genetic, not the baldness itself. No stress (which requires good nutrition) = no baldness regardless of genetic predisposition.

According to Atom Bergstrom, great hair occurs in those who are losing brain cells. The energy of the dying brain ushers outward into the hair.

In the past, when my diet was the worst and I was consequently feeling internally imbalanced (emotionally unstable, difficult to focus on anything, lack of drive), my hair was the best. Many compliments, particularly when I thought of it as the most gross/greasy... Others commented on it as something fortunate. Also of note was that I could pull out several strands every time I brushed my hand through and pulled on the scalp. Nowadays it doesn't fall out as readily as it used to, I feel world's better and it doesn't accrue a greasy thickness really ever. If it does, sunlight will bring it back to a clean feeling.

Of note, urine is very useful for the hair. It's like a conditioner, moisturizer, and volumizer altogether. Unfortunately, washing it out with tap water will ruin these potentially beneficial effects. Works better if applied before bed and slept on overnight. From what I understand, the smell is from the ammonia which evaporates in a short time after drying. People still sit next to me so I don't think it's as repulsive as it first seems.

Works way better when the diet has no supplementation. Wouldn't recommend especially if you're taking any synthetic water soluble supplements.

boris

Dude, you pour piss on your head :lol:? I prefer ACV, it has the same effect and it lasts if you rinse with cold water.

Last edited:

lampofred

According to Atom Bergstrom, great hair occurs in those who are losing brain cells. The energy of the dying brain ushers outward into the hair.

Cortisol is anti-inflammatory and protects against the molting caused by high prolactin, but is neurotoxic if excessive and combined with hypoglycemia.

A high cortisol/low prolactin person will have better hair than a low cortisol/high prolactin person as Atom Bergstrom implies, but I think low cortisol/low prolactin (aka good thyroid, high CO2 levels) would give the best hair along with a big brain.

Inaut

I like Atom but some of his thoughts are sometimes too far out for me (and I’m on another planet most of the time). Just saying

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals