Help me come up with a low methionine diet for a loved one with cancer

Runenight201

Of course, radiation, chemical exposure, Covid shots, etc., all of these things can cause cancer. But I wonder if someone is in an emotionally stressed situation (and who isn't especially since the last four years...), maybe there is already a process in progress and the pancreas is not doing its job and then those other triggers can rapidly drive cancer?

I can see that.

The pancreas could be genetically susceptible to break down first given a certain environmental toxin or malnutrition, and then the stress state accelerates the disease process.

Remove the stress state and even with the pancreas genetically susceptible to degenerate and the environmental toxin/malnutrition, the individual stays healthy because they are not overburdened by stress.

And everything that isnt regenerative could be considered stress and accelerates the disease/degeneration process.

So everything from PUFA to radiation to ROS to poverty to toxic relationships to low social status, poor self-esteem, sedentary behaviors, excessive work, etc…

Whereas the regenerative processes would be quality nourishment, sun, positive relationships, high social status, abundance, good self-esteem, play, quality movement etc…

And they all feedback into the organism and create an individuals health status and quality of life, and they all are important and play a role.

Truth

@Runenight201 Hi,

from my experience, just how unified we feel with others can totally influence how we feel and the effects of certain foods, for example, the effects I experienced from raw milk were very positive if I felt unified with others and certain people specifically, whereas the effects were much less positive, potentially negative when I drank raw milk while feeling divided with others and/or certain people

Morten

Forum Supporter
@Runenight201 Hi,

from my experience, just how unified we feel with others can totally influence how we feel and the effects of certain foods, for example, the effects I experienced from raw milk were very positive if I felt unified with others and certain people specifically, whereas the effects were much less positive, potentially negative when I drank raw milk while feeling divided with others and/or certain people
Great angle. Certainly thinking about witch people/environment to eat with ....
Then rather wait eating....

Mossy

Is there not Something About cottage Cheese, and Something else mixed together?
Old Vogel recipe.
I believe there are several variations of it, but I'm familiar with the Budwig Protocol, which consists of quark cheese, or cottage cheese, flax seeds, and flax oil, mixed with a fruit or berry. It tastes good, to me: I tried it before i was aware of Dr. Peat's perspectives. The flax seed and oil are very anti-Peat, as far as PUFA goes. As contrary as it is to Peat, it can't be discounted that this Budwig Protocol has helped some people—or so the stories go. For the record, it did not help me; if anything, it probably hurt me.

Morten

Forum Supporter
I believe there are several variations of it, but I'm familiar with the Budwig Protocol, which consists of quark cheese, or cottage cheese, flax seeds, and flax oil, mixed with a fruit or berry. It tastes good, to me: I tried it before i was aware of Dr. Peat's perspectives. The flax seed and oil are very anti-Peat, as far as PUFA goes. As contrary as it is to Peat, it can't be discounted that this Budwig Protocol has helped some people—or so the stories go. For the record, it did not help me; if anything, it probably hurt me.
Yeah the pufa, thought the same. 71 % poly unsaturated fat....

TheCodez

Keep in mind that this isn't a one-size-fits-all solution. Have a look at the work of doctors William Donald Kelley and his successor Nicholas Gonzalez. Kelley found that only 50% of his patients improved on a low methionine diet. The other 50% required meat. Some required quite a bit. I'm dealing with a tumor that worsens with a meat free diet and improves with meat. (beef specifically). Yes there are plenty of sources out there that malign the work of these two men, but I've personally found it to be invaluable over the last 7 years.

“Extensive recent testing by the FDA foundthat long grain white rice, which is what most people eat, appears to have more arsenic than medium or short grain rice, but this may be because most of the shorter grains are produced in California, which has significantly less contaminated rice paddies than those in the South, such as in Texas or Arkansas, where most of the long grain rice is grown. So, it’s less long grain versus short grain than white rice versus brown rice, as the mean concentration of inorganic arsenic in parts per billion of long grain white rice is 102.0 and 156.5 in short, medium, and long grain brown rice, as you can see at 0:54 in my video.“

“As you can see at 2:06 in my video, the arsenic found in a daily serving of white rice carries 136 times the acceptable cancer risk, but brown rice is even riskier at 162.”

It’s not what you eat, though. It’s what you absorb. The arsenic in brown rice appears to be less bioavailable than the arsenic in white rice. The texture of brown rice may cut down on the release of arsenic from the grain, or perhaps the bran in brown rice helps bind it up. Regardless, taking bioavailability into account, the difference in arsenic levels in white versus brown rice may be a third more, rather than 70 percent more, as you can see at 2:57 in my video. This estimate, however, was based on an in vitro gastrointestinal fluid system in which researchers strung together beakers and tubes to mimic our gut, with one flask containing stomach acid and another intestinal juices. What happened when it was tested in humans? Yes, “evidence suggeststhat brown rice may contain more arsenic than white rice,” but the researchers aimed to determine how much is actually absorbed by measuring the urine levels of arsenic in white-rice eaters compared with brown-rice eaters. For the arsenic to get from the rice into your bladder, it has to be absorbed through your gut into your bloodstream.

“As you can see at 3:45 in my video, the urine of thousands of American test subjects who don’t eat rice at all still contains about 8 micrograms of toxic, carcinogenic arsenic a day. It’s in the air, it’s in the water, and there’s a little bit in nearly all foods. But, eat just one food—a cup or more of white rice a day—and your arsenic exposure shoots up by 65 percent to about 13 micrograms a day.”

Morten

Forum Supporter
“Extensive recent testing by the FDA foundthat long grain white rice, which is what most people eat, appears to have more arsenic than medium or short grain rice, but this may be because most of the shorter grains are produced in California, which has significantly less contaminated rice paddies than those in the South, such as in Texas or Arkansas, where most of the long grain rice is grown. So, it’s less long grain versus short grain than white rice versus brown rice, as the mean concentration of inorganic arsenic in parts per billion of long grain white rice is 102.0 and 156.5 in short, medium, and long grain brown rice, as you can see at 0:54 in my video.“

“As you can see at 2:06 in my video, the arsenic found in a daily serving of white rice carries 136 times the acceptable cancer risk, but brown rice is even riskier at 162.”

It’s not what you eat, though. It’s what you absorb. The arsenic in brown rice appears to be less bioavailable than the arsenic in white rice. The texture of brown rice may cut down on the release of arsenic from the grain, or perhaps the bran in brown rice helps bind it up. Regardless, taking bioavailability into account, the difference in arsenic levels in white versus brown rice may be a third more, rather than 70 percent more, as you can see at 2:57 in my video. This estimate, however, was based on an in vitro gastrointestinal fluid system in which researchers strung together beakers and tubes to mimic our gut, with one flask containing stomach acid and another intestinal juices. What happened when it was tested in humans? Yes, “evidence suggeststhat brown rice may contain more arsenic than white rice,” but the researchers aimed to determine how much is actually absorbed by measuring the urine levels of arsenic in white-rice eaters compared with brown-rice eaters. For the arsenic to get from the rice into your bladder, it has to be absorbed through your gut into your bloodstream.

“As you can see at 3:45 in my video, the urine of thousands of American test subjects who don’t eat rice at all still contains about 8 micrograms of toxic, carcinogenic arsenic a day. It’s in the air, it’s in the water, and there’s a little bit in nearly all foods. But, eat just one food—a cup or more of white rice a day—and your arsenic exposure shoots up by 65 percent to about 13 micrograms a day.”

Do you eat white rice? I soak and rinse several times before cooking. Then I precook and shifts the water another times, so the arsenic content must be lowered....
Any idea which supplement could mitigate arsenic, or bind it?

OP
ecstatichamster
I eat a lot of white rice. I pre soak it and discard the water. There is also a way to boil water, lots of it, add rice, cook, and then strain. It’s not steamed rice, it’s boiled, and this would remove more arsenic than most any other method.

OP
ecstatichamster
Yesterday we had corn and cheese enchiladas, with not that much cheese, and rice, and masa harina, and cooked veggies and oat bran. That was probably less than 1g of methionine.

I personally do what Fred Kummerow advocated, which is drinking a few glasses of milk a day. So that gets me more methionine but if I had cancer I would cut that out.

Last edited:
Do you eat white rice? I soak and rinse several times before cooking. Then I precook and shifts the water another times, so the arsenic content must be lowered....
Any idea which supplement could mitigate arsenic, or bind it?
I don’t eat white rice, except on rare occasions. The only thing I’ve seen so far to remove it is to cook it in a lot of water like pasta, till nearly done, then dump the water and finish cooking it for five more minutes.

OP
ecstatichamster
I don’t eat white rice, except on rare occasions. The only thing I’ve seen so far to remove it is to cook it in a lot of water like pasta, till nearly done, then dump the water and finish cooking it for five more minutes.
white rice is fantastic food. Everything has issues with it and in perspective, white rice is worth it.

mattmm24

There is some evidence that low methionine can achieve health miracles.

Gerson’s diet is low in methionine. McDougall and Kempner have helped cure people of many intractable diseases with a rice diet or a “plant based diet.”

A diet could be put together with fruit, rice, masa harina, maybe potatoes if you tolerate them, well cooked veggies.

The problem is protein. I wouldn’t be eating beans or lentils, and that seems to be the primary plant protein source.

Milk has a lot of methionine, but collagen does not. So collagen, if tolerated, could be a good protein source.

I’m thinking butter is okay.

breakfast of masa harina, with butter, salt and pepper

lunch of white rice and veggies

dinner potatoes and sauce, well cooked veggies

coffee with collagen

Seems to be pretty bare bones…View attachment 60548
Cooked vegetables. It’s very simple diet. Get an instant pot. Eat enormous amounts with every meal. And meat. It’s an anti-cancer diet. The instant pot makes it so easy to follow.

Morten

Forum Supporter
I eat a lot of white rice. I pre soak it and discard the water. There is also a way to boil water, lots of it, add rice, cook, and then strain. It’s not steamed rice, it’s boiled, and this would remove more arsenic than most any other method.
Thanks.
I also change the water👍

Morten

Forum Supporter
Everyone agree: welldone rice 🌞

OP
ecstatichamster
Cooked vegetables. It’s very simple diet. Get an instant pot. Eat enormous amounts with every meal. And meat. It’s an anti-cancer diet. The instant pot makes it so easy to follow.

Well, this is a LOW METHIONINE thread. Not a meat thread. Thank you for sticking to the topic. If you want to do your own thread, please do, but don’t talk to me on this thead about eating meat. That’s not respectful. Thank you.

white rice is fantastic food. Everything has issues with it and in perspective, white rice is worth it.
I certainly enjoy white rice far more than white sugar, I just don’t it for several reasons…

“An older experiment compared two groups with an otherwise well balanced diet, lacking vitamin D, containing either 68% starch or 68% sucrose. A third group got the starch diet, but with added vitamin D. The rats on the vitamin D deficient starch diet had very low levels of calcium in their blood, and the calcium content of their bones was low, exactly what is expected with the vitamin D deficiency. However, the rats on the sucrose diet, also vitamin D deficient, had normal levels of calcium in their blood. The sucrose, unlike the starch, maintained claim homeostasis. A radioactive calcium tracer showed normal uptake by the bone, and also apparently normal bone development, although their bones were lighter than those receiving vitamin D.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals