Help me come up with a low methionine diet for a loved one with cancer

There is some evidence that low methionine can achieve health miracles.

Gerson’s diet is low in methionine. McDougall and Kempner have helped cure people of many intractable diseases with a rice diet or a “plant based diet.”

A diet could be put together with fruit, rice, masa harina, maybe potatoes if you tolerate them, well cooked veggies.

The problem is protein. I wouldn’t be eating beans or lentils, and that seems to be the primary plant protein source.

Milk has a lot of methionine, but collagen does not. So collagen, if tolerated, could be a good protein source.

I’m thinking butter is okay.

breakfast of masa harina, with butter, salt and pepper

lunch of white rice and veggies

dinner potatoes and sauce, well cooked veggies

coffee with collagen

Seems to be pretty bare bones…
IMG_3071.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3071.jpeg
    IMG_3071.jpeg
    513.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Fats, proteins and sugars are all part of that cancer equation. Here is my thread with information I found most beneficial..

Rinse & rePeat:

“Do you think 40 to 50 grams of protein is too much protein having cancer? Is gelatin, nonfat milk and potato good sources of protein to eat with cancer?”

RAY PEAT:
“If the protein is limited to those, and your other calories are from carbohydrates (not fats), that amound should be safe.”

OP
ecstatichamster
Fats, proteins and sugars are all part of that cancer equation. Here is my thread with information I found most beneficial..

Thank you! Great thread there. Note that I am looking for methionine restriction here, and low fat, at the same time.

OP
ecstatichamster
Maybe collagen consumption is bad because of the studies showing expression of type 1 and type 3 can increase metastasis.

Maybe collagen consumption is bad because of the studies showing expression of type 1 and type 3 can increase metastasis.
It is tricky! I am on the fence about the collagen. Certain mushrooms too, though I heard many years ago that shiitakes may have some positive effects, a real doctor told me that. So I bought a bottle of shiitake powder to my friend who’s husband had tongue cancer, and had a feeding tube with not long to live. Well 20+ years later he is doing great. The shiitake powder may not have added to the cure, with all the other natural things she put in his feeding tube, but it certainly wasn’t to his detrimental either.

There is some evidence that low methionine can achieve health miracles.

Gerson’s diet is low in methionine. McDougall and Kempner have helped cure people of many intractable diseases with a rice diet or a “plant based diet.”

A diet could be put together with fruit, rice, masa harina, maybe potatoes if you tolerate them, well cooked veggies.

The problem is protein. I wouldn’t be eating beans or lentils, and that seems to be the primary plant protein source.

View attachment 60548
I would definitely eliminate the meat, and stick with ORGANIC potatoes. I just said this last week that I think potatoes would be my first choice for cancer, and quoted a saying about them from a hundred years ago, from jailers I think. It stated that “potatoes make a fat man skinny and a skinny man fat”. It gives the body what it needs. Ray Peat touted it as a perfect protein. The fact that the protein is low doesn’t matter because he said the potato is a more usable protein than meat, where plenty of protein is wasted.

OP
ecstatichamster
I would definitely eliminate the meat, and stick with ORGANIC potatoes. I just said this last week that I think potatoes would be my first choice for cancer, and quoted a saying about them from a hundred years ago, from jailers I think. It stated that “potatoes make a fat man skinny and a skinny man fat”. It gives the body what it needs. Ray Peat touted it as a perfect protein. The fact that the protein is low doesn’t matter because he said the potato is a more usable protein than meat, where plenty of protein is wasted.

That would work but some people are not tolerating potatoes. I am one of those people!

OP
ecstatichamster
It is tricky! I am on the fence about the collagen. Certain mushrooms too, though I heard many years ago that shiitakes may have some positive effects, a real doctor told me that. So I bought a bottle of shiitake powder to my friend who’s husband had tongue cancer, and had a feeding tube with not long to live. Well 20+ years later he is doing great. The shiitake powder may not have added to the cure, with all the other natural things she put in his feeding tube, but it certainly wasn’t to his detrimental either.

What an incredible story! Turkeytail mushrooms and many others are said to be helpful for cancer.

What an incredible story! Turkeytail mushrooms and many others are said to be helpful for cancer.
I’ll tell you another one, about my friend who was diagnosed with stage-4 bone and breast cancer in March of 2020, after she collapsed in her driveway and went to the hospital by ambulance. They told her she had 3 to 5 months to live and she is still just the same today, with cancer through every part of her body, but it has not progressed. The key to her success is she did not have anything cut out, and she has never taken all the pain killers they have been prescribing her, 4 Norco a day and morphine too. She takes only one or two Norco if the pain gets unbearable and has never touched the morphine. That is a big key to healing, letting oneself feel the pain. That pain is a signal to the brain to ramp up the immune system, so masking that pain makes the body numb so no healing will ever happen for people on painkillers. Here is her x-ray with all the black cancer.

1705550275520.jpeg

I’d argue solanine is typically people’s problem with potatoes, not starch.
Solanine is another issue with potatoes, not the only one. It is remedied by buying and eating potatoes fresh and peeling them, as most of the solanine is at the surface, unless the potato is really old. Ray Peat has talked extensively on starches and their problems in a ln impaired gut.

David PS

OP
ecstatichamster
People claim cancer diets should be low sugar, or low fat. I wonder if low methionine is the most important factor of all, along with saturated fats, maybe 15% of calories from fat, 50g of protein, 300g of carbs.

Truth

Not sure, probably .8g is the daily maximum, it is hard to get lower than this.
There are potentially several good fruits, depending on where you live and the time of year, which in theory have 0.8 grams of methionine per 4 kilos

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals