Have you ever seen somebody regrow his hair naturally?

Motif

And I really mean obvious regrowth, not those dudes who post before and after pics from different angles , different light etc.

let’s say from fixing deficiencies or hormones. How long does it take usually if it’s working?
for men and women.

Gungnir

Yes. You can find tons of transgender (male to female) individuals regrowing tons of hair on the internet. The only question (and this is a tough question for many people on this forum) is WHAT DID IT. I’ll let you be the judge of that. But it is absolutely possible to regrow tons of hair, especially if the hairs are just miniaturized and not borderline dead (thick shiny scalp skin with little to zero hair).

OP
M

Motif

Yes. You can find tons of transgender (male to female) individuals regrowing tons of hair on the internet. The only question (and this is a tough question for many people on this forum) is WHAT DID IT. I’ll let you be the judge of that. But it is absolutely possible to regrow tons of hair, especially if the hairs are just miniaturized and not borderline dead (thick shiny scalp skin with little to zero hair).
Maybe hair transplants?
How can it be so tough to find out what caused the regrowth ?

Gungnir

Maybe hair transplants?
How can it be so tough to find out what caused the regrowth ?
A lot of these individuals drastically changed their body’s hormonal profile and used derma-needling. I’m sure some of them get transplants as well, but it isn’t always necessary according to what I have seen (and you can easily search the internet to see what I mean).

It is tough to figure out because there is no consensus as to WHICH hormones are causing the drastic changes. Many here claim it is the progesterone that does it—others (non Peat people) say it is a combination of the androgen blockers and estrogen they take. The pro-finasteride people also fall into this line of thinking.

I am currently experimenting with topical DHEA and progesterone on my hairline to see if it can turn my thinned out, almost colorless hairs back into thick terminal ones. I am doing this according to Dr. Ray Peat’s own words. I intend to post my results in 6 months. I am already two months into the process.

baccheion

A lot of these individuals drastically changed their body’s hormonal profile and used derma-needling. I’m sure some of them get transplants as well, but it isn’t always necessary according to what I have seen (and you can easily search the internet to see what I mean).

It is tough to figure out because there is no consensus as to WHICH hormones are causing the drastic changes. Many here claim it is the progesterone that does it—others (non Peat people) say it is a combination of the androgen blockers and estrogen they take. The pro-finasteride people also fall into this line of thinking.

I am currently experimenting with topical DHEA and progesterone on my hairline to see if it can turn my thinned out, almost colorless hairs back into thick terminal ones. I am doing this according to Dr. Ray Peat’s own words. I intend to post my results in 6 months. I am already two months into the process.
He responded to an email from you saying to do that?

If it fails, find an MSM lotion. I am also wondering about the MSM/magnesium oil spray combined with SSKI (potassium iodide).

Gungnir

I
He responded to an email from you saying to do that?

If it fails, find an MSM lotion. I am also wondering about the MSM/magnesium oil spray combined with SSKI (potassium iodide).
I have a whole thread on it. In a recent interview with Danny Roddy he said topical DHEA could turn vellus hairs into terminal ones. I made a threat about that initially—then within the thread someone posted a link to an exchange Ray had with someone in the past wherein he says DHEA + progesterone will turn vellus hairs to terminal. So I went with the latter.

Does MSM lotion work? Have any sources on it?

OP
M

Motif

How long does it take for woman aafter they start iron supplements for iron deficiency to regrow hair for example ?
Or other deficiencies

reaching

Awesome

Lol. I guess it depends on how you view 'naturally'. E2 may be a natural hormone, but the other stuff that they use for transitioning (Androcur and what not) are synthetic antiandrogens. I also don't think that changing your hormonal balance to that of the other gender is what the OP had in mind. Not disputing that it works, it definitely does, but I don't think it fits within the definition.

Fairykiller

How long does it take for woman aafter they start iron supplements for iron deficiency to regrow hair for example ?
Or other deficiencies
How would iron supplements help? I thought it’s not about being insufficient in iron but about not being able to make use of it.

johnysummer

And I really mean obvious regrowth, not those dudes who post before and after pics from different angles , different light etc.

let’s say from fixing deficiencies or hormones. How long does it take usually if it’s working?
for men and women.
Its 100% possible. Though it requires a strong personality that knows how to experiment with stuff and have consistency and also study a lot. If you are searching for a magic pill you will never do that.

OP
M

Motif

Its 100% possible. Though it requires a strong personality that knows how to experiment with stuff and have consistency and also study a lot. If you are searching for a magic pill you will never do that.

so what’s required in your opinion ?

and any proof that it works ?

johnysummer

so what’s required in your opinion ?

and any proof that it works ?
Are you kidding me bro ? You have already commented on my post. I dont know why you are so negative but I will try to help you because you seem lost.

Do you have fixed every hormonal aspect ? Does gut, intestine, liver and penis work properly ? Do you have high Testosterone, low TSH, good tmps, 4-7 prolactin? Do you have high insuling sensitivity and bodyfat under 13-12% ? If you dont, then dont try regrowth. If you have that start massaging/microneedling. You 'll down 1-2 norwoods in 4-6 months. Although just by fixing those you will have new hair. My regrowth started the 2nd week of PUFA depletion. Progress is probably fast because I am in my 20s.

What do you need for proof ? You want to facetime me ? I have already posted 4 month progress, aint gonna post my photos every month just so you can believe it. I dont think this attitude is getting you anywhere near regrowth or at any worth trying goal in general. You have to overcome whats holding you back in order to progress in goal achieving.

OP
M

Motif

honestly your pictures are not saying too much.
I’ll watch your progress and see. Until it’s absolutely obvious I’m not excited. I saw too many people claim regrowth with before and after pics that looks slightly better, but it’s just not obvious if it’s because of lightning or one is with greasy hair and the other not etc.

It’s easy to trick himself and I know it out of personal experience. I thought 10000 times that I’m having regrowth, but years later reality kicked in.

Still I hope you have success. Would motivate me too.

Last edited:

johnysummer

Pictures like these can be missleading yes. Taking selfies though and never having to worry about hairline anymore because is appears solid is a definite regrowth sign. Touching your scalp and hair feel like a thick brush is also definite sign things go right, plus dandruff gone forever. And last and most important when is recognized by others. I dated a girl last summer and now hang out with her couple times again. After s** she said that I look better than I used to and she was wondering why is that. Also commented my thick hair on top of scalp (I had to hear hair compliment since high school). I tell you when you have regrowth is fu***n obvious and people also notice that.

I wish you had more success and seeing results by yourself, you would feel me. Regrowth is 100% some underlying problem tho and the base is thyroid almost always. Fix it and you ll see.

Tim Lundeen

Sexypizza

I had some mild regrowth in some areas after peating for a few years and from using Thyroid, progesterone and aspirin. Vitamin D also seems to help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals