Tachy-Brady Syndrome And Low Tolerance To Stress

G Forrest

Hello All,

I have a family history of heart problems. So recently went to a cardiologist who ran some tests: ectogram: where heart rate is monitored over several days and a stress test: which is where you run on a tread mill and get the heart rate up to see how the heart responds. I've been checked out before and haven't been shown to have issue, whereas relatives mentioned were diagnosed early on.

On this recent test, the ectogram suggested tachy-brady, which means the heart rate fluctuates noticeably from beating slow to fast (different from arhythmia, which means irregularity in the heart rate.) Also, the stress test stated I have a low tolerance to stress.

I have been dealing with increased stress over the past few years from my work. I think this has been a contributor to my chronic fatigue and "low tolerance to stress," but maybe it's hereditary?

My question for the community, do you think it would be safe to take thyroid and would it be beneficial? I was taking the Natural Sources Raw Thyroid and I didn't see any effect. I am considering cynoplus to improve energy and to get systems going. But I want to proceed with caution. My bloodwork read TSH w/reflex to FT4 at 2.12. I've read here that Peat recommends under 2. I feel like my thyroid is the cause of my fatigue driven by years of stress from working. I don't recall having such fatigue until a few year's ago.

The cardiologist suggested I eat a more vegan leaning diet, low on fat, and start doing regular cardio exercises, otherwise I will run into trouble in middle age (I'm in my 30's) - obviously quite opposite to Peat's philosophies. Instead, I have been moving to a primarily dairy diet, high SAFA/low PUFA, minimal meat, high OJ/fruit, increased caffeine intake, increased salt, mostly sedentary with light walks. Fortunately I'm in a situation where I don't have to work at the moment, so I can take it easy. But treading cautiously with approaching supplements: thyroid, pregnenalone, aspirin, etc.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Here is what I could find from Peat:

"Problems that seem relatively trivial become more meaningful when they are seen in terms of these mechanisms. Some problems that become very common by middle age are "palpitations," orthostatic hypotension, orthostatic tachycardia, and varicose veins. The negative inotropic effect of estrogen in the heart has a parallel in the smooth muscle of veins, in which the muscles are weakened, and their distensibility increased, when estrogen isn't sufficiently opposed by progesterone. This allows the veins in the lower part of the body to be distended abnormally when standing, reducing the amount of blood returning to the heart, so that the volume pumped with each stroke is small, requiring faster beating. The reduced blood volume reaching the brain can cause fainting. When it becomes chronic, it can lead to the progressive distortion of the veins. An excess of estrogen is associated with varicose veins in men, as well as women. (Raj, 2006; Ciardullo, et al., 2000; Kendler, et al., 2009; Asciutto, et al., 2010; Raffetto, et al., 2010).

The simplicity of things such as supplementing thyroid, progesterone, and sugar, avoiding an excess of phosphate in relation to calcium, and avoiding polyunsaturated fats, makes it possible for people to take action themselves, without having to depend on the medical system."

From the article "Heart and Hormones"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals