Gut Health

iLoveSugar

I have had life-long issues with my stomach and digestion, and obviously is plays a large part of where I am.

I also know RP isn't a fan of protocols or anything of that nature. But for someone like myself that isn't as understanding as others when it comes to physiology and the stomach in particular, what is the best way to simplify a process that I could do to make strides here? Bloating, getting fat, dizziness, infections, dizziness, bad teeth, etc. Basically everything that stems from poor gut health.

Antibiotics. Any type of probiotic to go with It? Laxatives. I've had solo recommendations here and there, but I don't think anything solo at the moment is doing me any good.

milk_lover

This is a very difficult topic because it has many many variables. My educated guess, since this is a Peat site, is that good metabolism is the most important thing to fix almost all these issues. Anything that aids to good metabolism should help and anything that impairs metabolism is a bad thing.. Details and supplements and food vary from person to person..

OP
I

iLoveSugar

My metabolism obviously isn't good, and gut health is terrible. None of the typical suggestions worked, ie, red light, sun light, thyroid, liver, etc.

milk_lover

Do you take coffee and taurine with food? I heard both can increase stomach secretion and that helps with digestion.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I love coffee but with me already being so wired and tired, it just waxes me. Even with sufficient fuel.

milk_lover

I love coffee but with me already being so wired and tired, it just waxes me. Even with sufficient fuel.
Maybe it's due to low glycogen in the liver from low thyroid.. Maybe with a lot of sugar after food, you can drink coffee with taurine to enhance glycogen store.. and then some theanine to reduce stress? I think we should focus on the big picture, metabolism and liver health.. BTW taurine is good both for liver health and increasing conversion of T4 to T3..

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I believe adrenaline is somewhat related. Any excitement, yelling, etc also is very scary for me. Caffeine just seems to wreck me.

Xisca

I think it is not only metabolism, but bad "critters" in the gut. Did you have anything checked, like bacterail overgrowth or fungi?
I get worse for this when I eat sugar, and I would like to optimise metabolism without being a breeder!
Carot salad not enough.
I have made a thraed exactly on this, to find the intermediate between what I want to eat but without feeding "them".
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ut-issues-where-to-enter-i-am-confused.17709/

mistermr

In my experience, nothing can work properly if the gut is messed up. With poor gut health, you get bad liver health, bad metabolism, bad thyroid, bad digestion.
Taking an antibiotic that works for you and eating easily digestible (pehaps raw milk and fruits) food (starch can be a problem) is important. Probably add in b-vits, lysine, taurine

tara

I think if I were you I'd see how it is a week after have oral infections cleaned up before doing abnything else too drastic, or before concluding that otehr methods you try are no use. Could be that they will make a significant difference later. The teeth could be trickling a constant flow of either harmful microbes, or harmful chemicals produced by the microbes, down into the rest of the gut.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

So is it probably best to take the 2 weeks of antibiotics before hand like they prescribed? Clindamycin isn't the best obviously, but it's what was prescribed.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

In my experience, nothing can work properly if the gut is messed up. With poor gut health, you get bad liver health, bad metabolism, bad thyroid, bad digestion.
Taking an antibiotic that works for you and eating easily digestible (pehaps raw milk and fruits) food (starch can be a problem) is important. Probably add in b-vits, lysine, taurine

I need to find one that works for me. What about killing the good bacteria too?

tara

So is it probably best to take the 2 weeks of antibiotics before hand like they prescribed? Clindamycin isn't the best obviously, but it's what was prescribed.
Have you read up on the effects of clindamycin? I think there are probably really good reasons to take it, as described in your other thread, but the side effects may be temporarily rough on your gut.
Edit: I wouldn't switch the clindamycin for a different antibiotic without first finding out from your relevant experts that it will do the job you need it to do: protect your heart during serious dental work.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

All antibiotics seem to aggravate my anxiety and more so, vertigo.

I also took some clindamycin and noticed some weird pains in my body, and sweating.

Only me...

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I dunno. I feel better when I drink it, but awful the next day. So I don't do it rarely ever.

DrJ

Daily gelatin and/or glycine (which is the amino acid making up about 30% of gelatin by weight) have done wonders to help my gut health, along with plenty of calcium to get the "calcium soaps" (which also requires saturated fat, but I'm assuming you get some of that) to form in the intestine which help protect and lubricate it. If you get constipation with lots of calcium (or just in general), then taking adequate magnesium is a big help. If after those things, I feel that things still aren't right, then usually a big dose of activated charcoal clears things up. I've had mixed success with the daily carrot or carrot salad.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals