My Rant

iLoveSugar

I'm not expecting many replies as I know people here have pretty much exhausted all options trying to help me. I'm sorry, just feel like ranting.

I don't understand how I have done everything pro metabolic for the last 3 years and have gotten way worse. It isn't even like I just halted progression, or got a little better. I've gotten dramatically worse and life absolutely sucks. I'm so miserable.
Nothing has helped my gut, even the slightest. Cyprophetadine, antibiotics, cascara, aspirin, charcoal, laxatives, enemas. None of them done absolutely anything for me.

Sugar, salt, thyroid, pregnenolone, progesterone, methylene blue have not helped cognitive function the slightest.

An all milk diet, years of no grains, fillers, gums, etc have only made me feel worse.

I am so nervous, I'm constantly tense. It's severe to, not just a minor nuisance. Life is a race right now and I can never just be relaxed. The closest I get to bring relaxed is having a few drinks. But that only aggravates me the next day and explodes herpes outbreaks.

I'm so exhausted, my temple is constantly fluttering, I can't enjoy my kids or do things with then because of how miserable I am. I can't even focus or do school events. I can't have a female in my life because the herpes out breaks are now with my every single day and never come close to disappearing. I used to get 1 outbreak a year if at all. Now I have one active 365 days a year. I constantly bleed from hemmorhoids regardless of laxative use. I'm always bloated. I'm always dry. I'm 32 and half my hair is gray. I keep it cut almost bald because it's so scarce and balding and unattractive. I have bad roseca, bad teeth, and severe bags under my eyes that never go away. 6, 8, 10, 12 hours of sleep feels like 0.

I'm just a mess. Its so hard to live life like this, under constant nervousness and dizziness, and feeling like at any second my legs are going to give out and faint.

DaveFoster

Are you using enough of those hormones? Thyroid, pregnenolone, and progesterone are all powerful substances, particularly thyroid.

Also consider a personal consultation with Dr. Peat if you think it's worth the money, or just e-mail him.

Remember the story of the man who needed a gram of progesterone before bed to cease his alcoholism, and that's for a man; think how much more a woman would need, all else being equal.

Peatful

Hire a Peat inspired health coach and follow their advice.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I am a guy. I haven't gone crazy with any of them just because I'm a bit scared to venture alone with no real guidance. I'm also so wired, tired, irritable and dizzy, that I am afraid thyroid can make things worse. I did toy with it for a year or two, all over the place.

Are you using enough of those hormones? Thyroid, pregnenolone, and progesterone are all powerful substances, particularly thyroid.

Also consider a personal consultation with Dr. Peat if you think it's worth the money, or just e-mail him.

Remember the story of the man who needed a gram of progesterone before bed to cease his alcoholism, and that's for a man; think how much more a woman would need, all else being equal.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Hire a Peat inspired health coach and follow their advice.

I worked with Rubin during his transition from Chek to Peat.

I also used a million suggestions from Zacharriah.

Peat and I talk pretty much regularly via email. Most answers are very blunt and short replied, leaving me with more questions than the original.

DaveFoster

I am a guy. I haven't gone crazy with any of them just because I'm a bit scared to venture alone with no real guidance. I'm also so wired, tired, irritable and dizzy, that I am afraid thyroid can make things worse. I did toy with it for a year or two, all over the place.
My apologies. I thought "I'm always dry" referred to your private parts.

I also do coaching, but regardless, you have some valuable information. Alcohol makes you feel good, so you have some chronic stress issues and activation of the gabergic system allows for a temporary release from stress.

How's your appetite, temps, pulse, and BP?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Thanks Dave.

Temp is usually always in 96-97 range. I sometimes get into the 98s. Pulse is pretty steady in the 70s range. Sometimes activity, like playing around with make it skyrocket so uncomfortably. Blood pressure usually low-good.

My apologies. I thought "I'm always dry" referred to your private parts.

I also do coaching, but regardless, you have some valuable information. Alcohol makes you feel good, so you have some chronic stress issues and activation of the gabergic system allows for a temporary release from stress.

How's your appetite, temps, pulse, and BP?

opiath

Do you ever feel squirts from your gallbladder?
Do you have coated tongue?
If you took antibiotics in a weakened state you may have allowed candida to proliferate.
If it takes a hold in the gallbladder it becomes very difficult to remove with a bad liver.
In a case like that bile stops flowing and the small intestine becomes vulnerable to pathogens overgrowth.
Without bile flow fat digestion and protein digestion breaks down.
Bile is critical to bowel movements. Without it, you are always constipated.
Up to liter a day circulates the small intestine cleaning up candida and bacteria, expelling toxins from the liver and digesting fats.

Also the immune system uses Th1 cells and IgA antibodies to control candida and viruses.
Their production is limited and insufficient with bad metabolism.

A relatively quick way to test if this hypothetical scenario applies to you would be to start taking Nystatin.
If you start feeling bad on it and it gives you gallbladder/liver inflammation (upper right back pain) you can confirm biliary candidiasis.
The way forward from there would be taking small doses of Nystatin until you start getting gallbladder squirts.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Used to have a coated tongue but not so much anymore unless I just drank milk. I do get phlegmy alot.

Do you ever feel squirts from your gallbladder?
Do you have coated tongue?
If you took antibiotics in a weakened state you may have allowed candida to proliferate.
If it takes a hold in the gallbladder it becomes very difficult to remove with a bad liver.
In a case like that bile stops flowing and the small intestine becomes vulnerable to pathogens overgrowth.
Without bile flow fat digestion and protein digestion breaks down.
Bile is critical to bowel movements. Without it, you are always constipated.
Up to liter a day circulates the small intestine cleaning up candida and bacteria, expelling toxins from the liver and digesting fats.

Also the immune system uses Th1 cells and IgA antibodies to control candida and viruses.
Their production is limited and insufficient with bad metabolism.

A relatively quick way to test if this hypothetical scenario applies to you would be to start taking Nystatin.
If you start feeling bad on it and it gives you gallbladder/liver inflammation (upper right back pain) you can confirm biliary candidiasis.
The way forward from there would be taking small doses of Nystatin until you start getting gallbladder squirts.

Energizer

You probably need way more thyroid judging by your very low temps. I take 5 grains of thyroid. I didn't start noticing significant improvements until I was at 4. don't give up. You will get there. You're in such a metabolic hole that you need more than diet can offer at this point. when your state improves, you may be able to do well without it, but for now it sounds like you are in desperate need of it.

Last edited:

lampofred

Holy ***t the guy sounds completely drained and depleted and you guys are recommending MORE thyroid and progesterone and other stimulating substances?

What you're going through sounds like a more extreme version of what I was going through. Over stimulating and under nourishing. Chill with the metabolic boosters and just take stuff that increases your appetite without stimulating you at all like Cypro. And EAT. Eat whatever the hell tastes good and makes you get out of the learned helplessness. Forget OJ and milk, honestly they might be nutritious but they taste like ***t.

What you're going through is basically a drug comedown, more stimulation without adequate nutrition = drugs, more stimulation WITH adequate nutrition = health/faster metabolism.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

RP himself many times keeps recommending thyroid as well. He seems to think it'll help stimulate appetite.

Regardless whether thyroid is good or not right now, I know food alone isn't the answer. I've been trying that for several months. And if I eat anything that doesn't subside well with me, which is basically everything, I bleed bad and get bad stomach pain.

Diokine

If you can't eat anything without a bad reaction, stop eating. Stick to salted veggie and mushroom broths with small amounts of sugar to limit protein breakdown with some fruit if you can tolerate or freshly made fruit juice if you can't. Occasional coconut oil and egg yolks can be helpful. Listen to your sense of intuition as it returns, regarding what is good to eat, with respect to smell and taste.

theLaw

RP himself many times keeps recommending thyroid as well. He seems to think it'll help stimulate appetite.

Regardless whether thyroid is good or not right now, I know food alone isn't the answer. I've been trying that for several months. And if I eat anything that doesn't subside well with me, which is basically everything, I bleed bad and get bad stomach pain.

First, I would try the cooked potato juice for a week. Ray has said that even very sick individuals digest it easily, and that the amino acids can improve health dramatically.

Might also consider BCAA's:

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Then I would get a cbc to rule out infection, along with a blood panel to get a good overview.

Additionally, I would try fresh fruit juice every hour on the hour to stabilize blood sugar. Fresh juice tends to be a completely different animal for me than even store-bought organic.

Finally, take a step back and consider any environmental stress factors including toxic relationships.

Are you taking anything to block the release of ffas besides aspirin? (niacinamide, thiamine, etc)

Here is a list of the Peat daily allowances from VOS that I've found helpful:

Here are Ray Peat's suggested daily allowances --- which Jennifer has coined (earlier in this thread) as the RDA (Ray's Daily Allowances) --- for the various Peatian foods and supplements, gathered mostly from email exchanges.

If you're gaining weight as bodyfat, or having other metabolic issues, just ask yourself, are you getting Ray's Daily Allowances?!!

UNCOUPLERS
  • Thyroid: 40 mcg T4/10 mcg T3 once a day; 3 mcg T3 every few hours. Chew it up before swallowing.

Coffee: equivalent of 18 cups regular strength, 4.5 cups at 4x strength

Aspirin: 1 gram either in morning OR at bedtime, .5 grams every four hours through the day

Sleep: 8-8.5 hours, sound without panic, nightmares, or frequent waking

Red light: 750 watts clear flood incandescent, as needed depending on season for a total of 15 hours daylight.

CO2/bicarbonate: supplement with breathing or ingestion as needed, until 5-6% in exhaled breath;
MINERALS
  • Magnesium: 2 grams spread over the course of the day, to bowel tolerance, preferably in milk (27 mg per cup) , coffee (7 mg per cup) or magnesium bicarbonate (~50 mg per ounce).

Calcium: 5 grams spread over the course of the day, to bowel tolerance, preferably in milk (305 mg per cup) or calcium bicarbonate (~35 mg per ounce).

Sodium: salt food generously to taste

Potassium: one quart of orange juice.
PROTECTIVE STEROIDS
  • Progesterone: men - one drop men (3 mg); women - three drops (10 mg). frequency: as needed to resolve symptoms, provided thyroid (and for men DHEA/testosterone) is also supplemented in balance.

DHEA/testosterone: men - trace amount (5 mg) mixed with drop of progesterone; frequency: every few hours as needed to resolve symptoms (i.e., low testosterone).
NAD+/NADH (anti-lipolytic)
  • Niacinamide: 250 mg every few hours

Aspirin: see above, uncouplers.
GSH/GSSG (Tissue oxidation)
  • Thiamine: 300 mg every few hours

DMSO/MSM: if needed for therapeutic purposes

Methylene blue: suggested dosage not yet referenced in Peat's email. Studies say 2 mg/kg of bodyweight is safe.
FAT
  • IMPORTANT: 0-2% unsaturated fat!!!

Coconut/MCT oil: a teaspoon several times throughout the day, depending on activity and energy requirements.

Egg yolks: for fat soluble nutrients, one or two, depending on bodyweight

Liver: for fat soluble nutrients, once a week, or every few days, depending on bodyweight
PROTEIN
  • 2-3g/kg of body weight, divided into doses every two hours.* More if very active.

Gelatin: 6 tablespoons a day (42 grams protein)

Nonfat milk/cottage cheese: the rest

Potato juice: if digestion is impaired.

Very lean meat with cartilage intact: occasionally.
SUGAR
  • At least equal to protein intake. More if high cortisol or adrenaline.

Orange juice: 1 liter per 70 kg of bodyweight; ripe, no pulp.

Nonfat milk (lactose) or fruit sugar (fructose): the rest
VITAMINS
  • A: 5,000 IU; increase as needed if high stress

D: 1,000 IU; in 5:1 proportion to Vitamin A.

E: 100 mg/70 kg bodyweight, increasing with age when iron stores increase [Edit per johns74: can in theory decrease to 0 when PUFAs and iron are minimal]

K2: 15-45 drops depending on liver function.
TRACE MINERALS
  • A few oysters once a week, or scallops.
ENDOTOXINS
  • Raw carrot; 1 per day, grated and then rinsed chewed well, with salt and coconut oil.

Activated charcoal: if digestive upset, 1/4 cup.

Ray Peat Diet / Protocol Name?

schultz

Have you ever tried anti-biotics? Just curious...

Forget OJ and milk, honestly they might be nutritious but they taste like ***t.

Wtf?! You dont like the taste of orange juice and milk? They never get old to me, especially fresh squeezed, its like heaven. (And yes I mean both fresh squeezed juice and milk :cool )

My wife says she doesn't like candy... I find that weird too.

DaveFoster

Thanks Dave.

Temp is usually always in 96-97 range. I sometimes get into the 98s. Pulse is pretty steady in the 70s range. Sometimes activity, like playing around with make it skyrocket so uncomfortably. Blood pressure usually low-good.
That would be very in-line with hypothyroidism. Once you get your temperature and pulse in check, then you can reevaluate. Maybe you could try mirtazapine or another strong anti-serotonin drug that stimulates appetite; I've found it helpful for cognition. I'm not sure you want to go down the antidepressant rabbit trail, but it sounds like an alternative to your suffering for the time being.

J

James IV

Your post really makes me feel for you man. Ive been where you are, and I cant imagine staying there as long as you apparently have. I remember your desperate posts years ago when you could barely get out of bed.

This may ruffle some feathers, but maybe you should forget about trying to do a "Peat," diet, whatever that means to you. He is only human, not omniscient. His reccomemdations may not be right for you.

Speaking only for myself; I do think Ray is incredibly smart, and kind, and I have incorperated many of his ideas into my own approach. However, I will say that many of the most powerfully healing parts of my own diet and lifestyle would definitly be considered not "peaty," at least in the way most people interpret his recommendations.
In fact much of it is likely the opposite of what peat folks consider healthy. I tried to do the Peat diet as I believe most folks would define it, and it allowed me to become incredibly sick, sicker than I've ever been. Im in contact with a few members that have been banned from this forum, and coincedently, they have come to many of the same conclusion as I have, eat in similar fashion to myself, and are doing very well, even thriving. Not to say I know the answers to your health. Maybe we have stayed in communication, simply because we share similiar ideas. I don't know.

I can tell you that I have been at this health thing for over a decade, reading, experimenting, learning, and working with others. I have taken information from many sources and many self experiments over the years and come up with my own healthy "diet." I have also recognized that there is a LOT of variability in what seems to "work," for people. I do think there is a basic formula, but application and recognizing nuance is extremely important. And a person must be able to self analyze. I have never had success helping anyone that just wanted to be told what to do.

It is extremely hard to do, but you must use intuition and feedback, rather than preconceived notions as to what you "know" is healthy. Working with a professional can help, but I don't believe it is imperative.

I can tell you that if you are as unhealthy as you state, you are not eating healthy for you body. That sounds obvious, but I see so many people continue to believe that a diet that continuously makes them sick is all of a sudden going to make them healthy.

I really really hope you can find your health, no matter how you do it.

X3CyO

Your post really makes me feel for you man. Ive been where you are, and I cant imagine staying there as long as you apparently have. I remember your desperate posts years ago when you could barely get out of bed.

This may ruffle some feathers, but maybe you should forget about trying to do a "Peat," diet, whatever that means to you. He is only human, not omniscient. His reccomemdations may not be right for you.

Speaking only for myself; I do think Ray is incredibly smart, and kind, and I have incorperated many of his ideas into my own approach. However, I will say that many of the most powerfully healing parts of my own diet and lifestyle would definitly be considered not "peaty," at least in the way most people interpret his recommendations.
In fact much of it is likely the opposite of what peat folks consider healthy. I tried to do the Peat diet as I believe most folks would define it, and it allowed me to become incredibly sick, sicker than I've ever been. Im in contact with a few members that have been banned from this forum, and coincedently, they have come to many of the same conclusion as I have, eat in similar fashion to myself, and are doing very well, even thriving. Not to say I know the answers to your health. Maybe we have stayed in communication, simply because we share similiar ideas. I don't know.

I can tell you that I have been at this health thing for over a decade, reading, experimenting, learning, and working with others. I have taken information from many sources and many self experiments over the years and come up with my own healthy "diet." I have also recognized that there is a LOT of variability in what seems to "work," for people. I do think there is a basic formula, but application and recognizing nuance is extremely important. And a person must be able to self analyze. I have never had success helping anyone that just wanted to be told what to do.

It is extremely hard to do, but you must use intuition and feedback, rather than preconceived notions as to what you "know" is healthy. Working with a professional can help, but I don't believe it is imperative.

I can tell you that if you are as unhealthy as you state, you are not eating healthy for you body. That sounds obvious, but I see so many people continue to believe that a diet that continuously makes them sick is all of a sudden going to make them healthy.

I really really hope you can find your health, no matter how you do it.

this.

there are tons of people i know eating junk and pufa and are doing great. taking a rest from diet and learning to let go and just chill for a little helps.

Supps and drugs cant ever replace good food and nutrition.
Minerals and vitamins all work in conjunction to speed up the thyroid naturally. To take exogenous hormones is just confusing to the body I personally feel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals