Morning appetite

Jing

How to increase morning appetite? I've been like this all my life just never have an appetite in the mornings but I can feel my body needs food so I'm constantly just forcing food down me . How to fix this?

Scout88at

How is your sleep?

Start with something small and easy to digest that has all three macro nutrients. Don’t force anything. An hour or two later have a larger meal. An option that has worked for me in the past has been a little beef jerky, some yogurt and orange juice. Maybe some bone broth. Roughly 90min later I’ll have a larger meal of eggs and potatoes. Start small and listen to your body. Over time you can increase the amount of that first feeding and push the second meal later into the day.

I would also record your temperature and pulse when you wake up and after you eat for some feedback

OP
J

Jing

How is your sleep?

Start with something small and easy to digest that has all three macro nutrients. Don’t force anything. An hour or two later have a larger meal. An option that has worked for me in the past has been a little beef jerky, some yogurt and orange juice. Maybe some bone broth. Roughly 90min later I’ll have a larger meal of eggs and potatoes. Start small and listen to your body. Over time you can increase the amount of that first feeding and push the second meal later into the day.

I would also record your temperature and pulse when you wake up and after you eat for some feedback
I have to force myself though because otherwise I'll feel shaky . No amount of forcing myself works I eat 5000 calories a day and have been having food in the morning for years but I just never actually feel like food untill maybe 10 hours of being awake . And my sleep isn't good really.

Scout88at

What are your typical meals like? Have you done any food logging and measured temp/pulse? Are you taking any supplements/medications? What time are you going to sleep/waking up?

OP
J

Jing

What are your typical meals like? Have you done any food logging and measured temp/pulse? Are you taking any supplements/medications? What time are you going to sleep/waking up?
It doesn't matter what I'm eating or supplements I'm taking or medications I'm taking or what time I'm going to sleep or waking up I've had this issue all my life since childhood and all those things have changed various times since childhood . I've had different diets since childhood I've woken up and gone to sleep different times since childhood and not taking supplements or medications etc since childhood . Not even cyproheptadine helped with this issue . My brother is the same as me, it seems nothing helps this issue.

OP
J

Jing

@Scout88at I feel like I sounded rude in my reply that wasn't my intention. I don't know my temperature but I'm definitely alot colder in the mornings my hands will be cold lots of the time and I just feel colder at night my hands will be warm all the time and I won't feel so cold.

Scout88at

It may help to develop more consistency and awareness in order to track trends so that you can slowly make adjustments towards what your body wants. I would start by:
-preparing to log temp/pulse upon waking up, prior to sleep, and after each meal as well as logging the meals themselves.
-Initially remove all supplements and medications if can be done safely and responsibly
-eat something within 30-60min of waking up and every 2-3hours after that. When you do eat, just start with what your body is telling you it can handle and what it wants. Don’t try and force 5000 calories right away or even foods that you think you SHOULD be eating. Just focus on quality foods and getting in all three macronutrients in each feeding. Be aware of how the foods made you feel (tired, bloated, energized, warm...) and make adjustments as needed
-focus on reducing/managing stress. This includes working out. If you are someone who works out often, taking some time to do some very easy exercise for the time being can help cultivate an environment that allows your body to get back on track

Scout88at

Also understand that it sounds like you’ve been in this condition for years and that it’s going to take awhile to improve. You need to allow yourself time. Time to develop consistency. Time to track the trends within that consistent behavior to build awareness around what works and what doesn’t. Time to make adjustments to your routine to improve upon what doesn’t work.

OP
J

Jing

It may help to develop more consistency and awareness in order to track trends so that you can slowly make adjustments towards what your body wants. I would start by:
-preparing to log temp/pulse upon waking up, prior to sleep, and after each meal as well as logging the meals themselves.
-Initially remove all supplements and medications if can be done safely and responsibly
-eat something within 30-60min of waking up and every 2-3hours after that. When you do eat, just start with what your body is telling you it can handle and what it wants. Don’t try and force 5000 calories right away or even foods that you think you SHOULD be eating. Just focus on quality foods and getting in all three macronutrients in each feeding. Be aware of how the foods made you feel (tired, bloated, energized, warm...) and make adjustments as needed
-focus on reducing/managing stress. This includes working out. If you are someone who works out often, taking some time to do some very easy exercise for the time being can help cultivate an environment that allows your body to get back on track
Thing is I've done all that already lol apart from log temps and pulse .

Scout88at

Have you considered hiring someone that could help you navigate this process? I considered myself someone who was very routine oriented and had great awareness around my nutrition behaviors but still struggled with sleep for a long time. It wasn’t until I started working with someone who had more expertise in this that I started to see results

Nik665

How to increase morning appetite? I've been like this all my life just never have an appetite in the mornings but I can feel my body needs food so I'm constantly just forcing food down me . How to fix this?
My personal experience was to have a small dinner as I was eating light during day then wouldn’t wake up hungry. A couple days of that corrected my hunger now I eat multiple meals of about same calorie count each

OP
J

Jing

My personal experience was to have a small dinner as I was eating light during day then wouldn’t wake up hungry. A couple days of that corrected my hunger now I eat multiple meals of about same calorie count each
You mean eat a light dinner? If so never helped me, I've gone through many periods in my life where I haven't even eaten all day but still wake up without an appetite, I've also gone through periods of losing weight so to get my calories lower I wouldn't eat much at night still no appetite in the mornings.

OP
J

Jing

Have you considered hiring someone that could help you navigate this process? I considered myself someone who was very routine oriented and had great awareness around my nutrition behaviors but still struggled with sleep for a long time. It wasn’t until I started working with someone who had more expertise in this that I started to see results
I don't have the money for that .

Scout88at

Not having an appetite after being without food for 8 or so hours is not normal and is sometimes a sign of high adrenaline levels. This is where measuring temperature and pulse can be helpful feedback. Try starting your days with orange juice and some yogurt or cheese or something to supply the body with primarily glucose and some protein and fat and lower the state of stress youre in. Plan to have a small meal a little later and then continue to have snacks or meals every 2-3 hours after. Do this consistently (with recording your temperature and pulse for data and feedback) for a few weeks and see if you notice any improvement. Dont force feed your body in this time because it could be causing spikes and crashing in your blood sugar levels causing you to have sleep and appetite problems. Log all your foods and measurements

OP
J

Jing

Not having an appetite after being without food for 8 or so hours is not normal and is sometimes a sign of high adrenaline levels. This is where measuring temperature and pulse can be helpful feedback. Try starting your days with orange juice and some yogurt or cheese or something to supply the body with primarily glucose and some protein and fat and lower the state of stress youre in. Plan to have a small meal a little later and then continue to have snacks or meals every 2-3 hours after. Do this consistently (with recording your temperature and pulse for data and feedback) for a few weeks and see if you notice any improvement. Dont force feed your body in this time because it could be causing spikes and crashing in your blood sugar levels causing you to have sleep and appetite problems. Log all your foods and measurements
Yh it probably is an adrenaline problem, I use to start my day with orange juice but sugary stuff is even worse in the mornings it doesn't feel good to have sugar in the morning for me .

lizasigareva

don't eat at the evening

OP
J

Jing

don't eat at the evening
Doesn't work like that for me , if I don't eat at nights I still don't feel hungry in the mornings. But to be honest it hasn't been to bad for me in the mornings for awhile appetite still isn't there but I'm managing to eat without feeling sick.

lizasigareva

Doesn't work like that for me , if I don't eat at nights I still don't feel hungry in the mornings. But to be honest it hasn't been to bad for me in the mornings for awhile appetite still isn't there but I'm managing to eat without feeling sick.
If you don t want to eat, maybe it's ok

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals