My Rant

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by iLoveSugar, Jul 28, 2017.

1. HDD

HDD Member

+1 @BingDing

"The problem of refeeding starving people has many features in common with the problem of correcting the liver malfunction and hormone imbalances which follow prolonged malnutrition of a milder sort. The use of the highest quality protein (egg yolk or potato juice, or at least milk or meat) is important, but the supplementation of thyroid containing T 3 is often necessary. "

"Intravenous albumin, hypertonic solutions of glucose and sodium, and magnesium in an effective form should be helpful (magnesium sulfate injected intramuscularly is the traditional treatment for eclampsia, since it is quickly effective in stopping convulsions). While the sodium helps to restore blood volume and to regulate glucose, under some circumstances (high aldosterone) it helps to retain magnesium; aldosterone is not necessarily high during eclampsia.. Triiodothyronine directly promotes cellular absorption of magnesium. Hypertonic glucose with minerals is known to decrease the destruction of protein during stress: M. Jeevanandam, et al., Metabolism 40, 1199-1206, 1991."

Eclampsia in the Real Organism: A Paradigm of General Distress Applicable in Infants, Adults, Etc.

As others have suggested, maybe you could make mineral broths and electrolyte drinks to increase your minerals.

Have you had any labs recently? Cholesterol and vitamin D measured?

I had very serious symptoms when I found Ray Peat and they are no longer an issue. Your body can heal!

2. Matt1951

Matt1951 Member

Food allergy. Do an elimination diet. Eliminate 100% whatever is bothering you. It might be coffee it might be dairy it might be gluten, or anything else you are consuming. It might be more than one.

3. haidut

haidut Member

I know you saw quite a few doctors and some of your symptoms point objectively to an organic disorder of some sort. If your oxygen saturation is consistently low (as you said a few times) and digestion is crap (hard pebbles for stool, often with present blood), temps are in the hypothermia range (you mentioned 95 degrees readings consistently) then the doctor should have done a thorough examination and come up with a diagnosis. Did none of them come up with anything? If there is infection in the colon or fibrosis then dietary measures alone may not be enough. One member with similar symptoms recently reported that after a few colonoscopies the GI doctor finally found an abscess in the colon and cut it out after which his health came back to normal. Not saying this is your case but I am such symptoms indicative of systemic issues have not led doctors to investigate further and try to diagnose. A consistent hypothermia or consistent low oxygenation is not something doctors ignore (in my experience).
    So, what is your official diagnosis, if any?

4. postman

postman Member

It can also cause serotonin syndrome. To give it the label "serotonin antagonist" and recommend it as such to people is incorrect and irresponsible. Just because it appears to work that way in some people doesn't mean it does for everyone, there are plenty of case reports on mirtazapine causing serotonin syndrome.

5. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Point taken; I point it out mostly due to its anti-depressive effect, but you're correct that labeling it as an "anti-serotonin" can be dubious, particularly as the dosage changes (higher doses potentially being more serotonergic.)

6. Constatine

Constatine Member

Astragalus is effective for herpes outbreak, restoring the mitochondria, and improving your bodies ability to utilize oxygen (can also increase intestinal oxygen consumption which can aid gut health). Might be worth looking into. These factors can also help with graying hair.

7. Parsifal

Parsifal Member

Peat is giving bad advices for gut health.

8. Peatful

Peatful Member

In what way are you implying?
    I think dairy is super tricky....

9. HDD

HDD Member

@iLoveSugar Ray Peat has been recommending bacteriophages recently in some emails. The following is a post by @Peatful about her symptoms and the resolution of them after using phages for 30 days.

"Severe, unpassable constipation from bowel inflammation.
    Hemorrhoids.
    Mucous in stool.
    Coated tongue.
    Mouth sores after eating disagreeable food...even peaty food.

After the 21st day on the phage, I saw good changes...
    And by day 30....all of the above had cleared."

10. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

You should be able to press on "+quote" at the bottom of a post , you can then use the quote in your next post in whichever thread you fancy.

11. HDD

HDD Member

:handok: :)

12. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Are you saying: my advice = 0 ??

13. HDD

HDD Member

Nooo...thank you. I wasn't sure I could quote from one thread to another. I did it wrong when I tried, so decided to copy/paste.

14. OP
    iLoveSugar

iLoveSugar Member

What is bacteriaphages and where can I get it?

15. OP
    iLoveSugar

iLoveSugar Member

Chrohns, colitis, autoimmune, depressed, etc. Doctors are all over the place with me, with no answers.

16. walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus Member

Hi ILoveSugar,

I bought FlorAssist with Phage Technology from LifeExtension. I certainly noticed some crazy gut activity, I only used for about a month but I didn't notice like, magical changes in my gut health. It does come with probiotics and they are made specifically to only open once they reach lower intestine, and I am sure I have SIBO to some degree so that was annoying.

I think phages would be great without the extra probiotics, and I'm sure a product will come out soon like that. Pretty sure there are some in russia but I have no idea how to buy them.

Bloating slightly reduced and way less gas, but still have constipation problems.

17. lollipop

lollipop Guest

There are phages without the probiotics:

This brand:

Amazon.com: Nutrivee Advanced Prebiotic - Supports Beneficial Bacteria - Works Within Hours - 60 ct.: Health & Personal Care

18. walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus Member

19. HDD

HDD Member

Ray Peat refers to it as an intestinal disinfectant.

"A new form of intestinal disinfectant, bacteriophage, is available; Life Extension magazine has a recent article on it, and they sell a product Florassist; another brand is Floraphage."

Link to article from magazine-
    Major Advance in Intestinal Health - Life Extension

Swanson Vitamins carries Floraphage. I purchased it at Vutamin Shoppe but it was more expensive.

20. lollipop

lollipop Guest

Hi @walker_in_aus! I thought the same and compared the ingredients and found it was the Phages. I think @Peatful alerted me to this brand in one thread...