Help with chronic stress

jaa

Re: Bicarbonate vs. PaCO2 blood tests

tara said:
I think Blinky has some structural chest architecture issues that may may his chest function differently than the average. But for me, I found it very useful to at least somewhat isolate my diaphragm muscles to reactivate and retrain diaphragmatic breathing after years of habitual chest breathing. I did that by putting a belt round my chest to restrict chest expansion. I'm not recommending it to Blinky, because I don't know how your prior issues affect your breathing. But for others out of the habit of diaphragmatic breathing who do not have ventilation-perfussion issues, I'd recommend trying it.

I just want to echo tara. I never really had the problem of breathing through my chest, but I did have postural issues that made breathing and simply sitting or standing more straining than it should be, and since focusing on keeping my ribcage down and breathing in deeply through my diaphram in compromised positions, everything above my waist is much more at ease and I can move around more freely.