Anxiety and stress response

iLoveSugar

For unknown reasons, I'm still extremely stressed and my body is in overdrive. I have a good home life, make good money, have everything I need, except for.... HEALTH! I don't know if it's my gut, or vestibular issues, but I'm constantly in fight or flight mode. For example, whenever I hold something, such as the steering wheel, I find myself gripping it so hard that my hands hurt. I'm just always aggravated and feel like I'm fighting for normalcy.

The only things that ever helped are benzos, which made me feel like a million bucks. Or a few shots of rum to take the edge off. I haven't taken either of these in years though because I know it's not the answer.

Does anything safe work on the same systems as those?

Mr Joe

Have you ever tried to reduce serotonin with more strong approach using BCAA + tyrosine method ? From my own experience, beeing always on the "fight or flight mode" is pure deficiency of ATP in the brain making it hard to relax. Could come from global impossibility to create adequate heat, low thyroid, low vitamin D, low liver function, estrogen, low gaba, high acth and cortisol. But I think personnaly that inflammed brain, and overstimulation of the pituitary is the cause as well. At the end everything is linked and a protocol that take care of everything in the same time is necessary. Also, someone has to go and trust the process.

SuperStressed

Did you ever try that Orange Juice fast? Im much like you but benzo's don't even work on me.

Have you tried Niacinamide? works like benzos for some people.

opethfeldt

Sounds like you need more GABA. I would try l-theanine first, since it's basically devoid of any side effects. I'm much like you and it helps me a lot. The other thing that has helped a lot is DHEA but that's a lot more hit or miss depending on dosage and administration route.

Kyle970

Find dunking myself in ice/water and deep breathing, helps best in flares/stress for me. Kind of a reset.

Last edited:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

@Mr Joe I have been using cyprophetadine for years now to help with serotonin. I'm sure my thyroid is tanked, but supplementing with it had done nothing.

@Jonk Cascara, yes, often. No real improvements.

@SuperStressed I have not tried either.

@opethfeldt I have some but have never used it to be honest. Maybe once or twice.

LadyRae

Netflix, sunbathing, exercise (swimming, hiking, jogging), protein help me

Mr Joe

@Mr Joe I have been using cyprophetadine for years now to help with serotonin. I'm sure my thyroid is tanked, but supplementing with it had done nothing.

@Jonk Cascara, yes, often. No real improvements.

@SuperStressed I have not tried either.

@opethfeldt I have some but have never used it to be honest. Maybe once or twice.

Find the cause why Thyroid is not working and you will solve the whole issue. Low vitamin D is known to prevent thyroid working, same with liver issues etc... have you checked your vitamin D levels ?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

@LadyRae golfing as a beautiful hobby for me as I spend lots of time in the sun and exercising (15k steps a day). It just doesn't help my nerves or anxiety when I'm away, such as driving somewhere, going to a kids event, being anywhere in public, etc. I'm literally always fighting for normalcy.

@Mr Joe I have. It's been low in the past. Now that summer is here, I spent 4 hours or so a day in the sun.

Jonk

Can you please expound on why either might help?
For me a lot of stress and anxiety have been gut related. If I have a completely empty intestine I feel very good immediately, no anxiety, happy and energized. It is however a short term band-aid with various laxatives - but going from high strung and anxiety to calm, mellow and happy for sure has its place. If anything, it was a learning experience how closely my gut health is to my overall well-being. I've never had abdominal pain so it has gone pretty much unnoticed until I started experimenting with rhubarb root tea. But like I said, it's probably only a band-aid solution and isn't necessarily harmless long term.

bookshelf

For me a lot of stress and anxiety have been gut related. If I have a completely empty intestine I feel very good immediately, no anxiety, happy and energized. It is however a short term band-aid with various laxatives - but going from high strung and anxiety to calm, mellow and happy for sure has its place. If anything, it was a learning experience how closely my gut health is to my overall well-being. I've never had abdominal pain so it has gone pretty much unnoticed until I started experimenting with rhubarb root tea. But like I said, it's probably only a band-aid solution and isn't necessarily harmless long term.
Thank you ~

youngsinatra

Hypothyroidism possibly? Low thyroid impairs liver glycogen storage to maintain blood sugar.

I clearly associated anxiety with reactive hypoglycemia in the past.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals