CPTSD, Post Corona and bad reaction to Collagen/Glycine - how i feel right now

Bounce

Forum Supporter
Hi people,

How are you doing?

The title sounds worse than it is, but I wanted to write in here anyway about how I'm doing.

My CPTSD is improving massively right now since I've been really intentional about self-love. It's hard to believe how long I've overlooked the fact that the main cause of most of my suffering is shame. Toxic shame.

Since I've been doing this, I can feel my parasympathetic nervous system activating more and more. That's good, of course, but suddenly the little physical ailments that were otherwise masked by stress are also showing up.

But that could also be because I recently had corona.

At the moment I'm sleeping a lot and my head feels heavy all the time. I have extreme lower back pain (PSOAS / Fight or Flight?) and it feels like my dopamine is at the lower minimum.

But before anyone judges this wrongly, it's important to know that I've been CONSTANTLY under stress the last few weeks. Internally I've been in a state of struggle/shame with myself and externally I've been trying to do everything right.

What I'm saying is, there's a big part of me that can understand my body right now.

Still, I want to help my dear body a little bit.

I bought "The Hasten Healing" as a book and a whole chapter is dedicated to glycine. Unfortunately, I couldn't tolerate either glycine or collagen. After just 5g of collagen I felt super weird. Brain fog, headaches and tiredness.

I found that a bit strange, as most people seem to tolerate it well.

At the moment I'm just taking it with me:
1x multivitamin
1706707756477.png

500mg Thiamin HCL
160mg Magnesium Malate
Vitamin D3

That's because I don't tolerate most supplements well.

What else can I do for my body apart from rest?

NatachaRose

Hi people,

How are you doing?

The title sounds worse than it is, but I wanted to write in here anyway about how I'm doing.

My CPTSD is improving massively right now since I've been really intentional about self-love. It's hard to believe how long I've overlooked the fact that the main cause of most of my suffering is shame. Toxic shame.

Since I've been doing this, I can feel my parasympathetic nervous system activating more and more. That's good, of course, but suddenly the little physical ailments that were otherwise masked by stress are also showing up.

But that could also be because I recently had corona.

At the moment I'm sleeping a lot and my head feels heavy all the time. I have extreme lower back pain (PSOAS / Fight or Flight?) and it feels like my dopamine is at the lower minimum.

But before anyone judges this wrongly, it's important to know that I've been CONSTANTLY under stress the last few weeks. Internally I've been in a state of struggle/shame with myself and externally I've been trying to do everything right.

What I'm saying is, there's a big part of me that can understand my body right now.

Still, I want to help my dear body a little bit.

I bought "The Hasten Healing" as a book and a whole chapter is dedicated to glycine. Unfortunately, I couldn't tolerate either glycine or collagen. After just 5g of collagen I felt super weird. Brain fog, headaches and tiredness.

I found that a bit strange, as most people seem to tolerate it well.

At the moment I'm just taking it with me:
1x multivitamin
View attachment 60981
500mg Thiamin HCL
160mg Magnesium Malate
Vitamin D3

That's because I don't tolerate most supplements well.

What else can I do for my body apart from rest?
If you don’t tolerate collagen it’s probably because you react to glutamate. You might be histamine « intolerant ».
Try gelatin instead, the one from Great Lake is good for people who have issues with histamine.

TheSir

I visited a long covid clinic recently and they said that almost all of those coming to see them were either physiologically or psychologically stressed prior to covid. Their view was that the combination of stress and a viral infection can trigger a self-reinforcing cycle in which psychical stress and physical inflammation feedback each other. By cutting the loop by addressing stress factors they are seeing most cases resolve pretty quickly.

So I warmly recommend that you keep doing what you have been doing so far and seek to maintain a maximally parasympathetic state. Our thoughts and attitudes have a miraculous effect on our health. "Brainwashing" yourself to feeling healthy and vibrant as if today was the best day of your life can powerfully boost your recovery and resilience.

If collagen doesn't work for you (or even if it does) you could try taurine, lecithin, zinc, magnesium and TMG as these all have either sedative or anti-stress properties.

OP
Bounce

Bounce

Forum Supporter
If you don’t tolerate collagen it’s probably because you react to glutamate. You might be histamine « intolerant ».
Try gelatin instead, the one from Great Lake is good for people who have issues with histamine.
There are some symptoms that would fit to my current experience when i google it

I visited a long covid clinic recently and they said that almost all of those coming to see them were either physiologically or psychologically stressed prior to covid. Their view was that the combination of stress and a viral infection can trigger a self-reinforcing cycle in which psychical stress and physical inflammation feedback each other. By cutting the loop by addressing stress factors they are seeing most cases resolve pretty quickly.

So I warmly recommend that you keep doing what you have been doing so far and seek to maintain a maximally parasympathetic state. Our thoughts and attitudes have a miraculous effect on our health. "Brainwashing" yourself to feeling healthy and vibrant as if today was the best day of your life can powerfully boost your recovery and resilience.

If collagen doesn't work for you (or even if it does) you could try taurine, lecithin, zinc, magnesium and TMG as these all have either sedative or anti-stress properties.
thank you man. taurine is also strange for me. it makes me feel numb. zinc i tolerate. magnesium just the malate version.

Beatrix_

Glucosamine can be very helpful for joint health (also helps with GABA so it's best taken at bedtime). It must be taken carefully, away from meals heavy in carbs, because it spikes blood sugar. It might be wise to take it with some vit C and magnesium.

Another good form to support joint health is with UC-II (undenaturated collagen type 2). Unlike gelatin and collagen peptides, this form does not tend to trigger high histamine reactions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals