Can't seem to get body temp right

tara

Zachs said:
Such_Saturation said:
Zachs said:
An online friend of mine tried his approach with horrible results. It forced her temps even lower and she felt scarily horrible.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to get into the details, but that sounds off. One does not -let- their temperatures go down, even if they try to. That's the whole point.

Her body counteracted her forced attempts at raising body temperature and forced it real low. And yes she spent all day wrapped in layers or taking hot baths or under the covers with hot pads and whatnot. It sounded like hell personally. So much easier to raise metabolic rate with diet and lifestyle. Eventually she figured it out by eliminating starch and eating more sat fat and taking progest e and a few other things.

Interesting. Do you know if she was eating enough calories to support a higher temp when she made the reset attempt?
Or if she was particularly high in estrogen (which tends to lower the thermostat)?

Zachs

She was Peat eating mostly and yea I believe she was on thyroid. I do believe she had estrogen dominance because when she took progest and eliminated starch her body became more curvy in the right ways.

tara

Zachs said:
She was Peat eating mostly and yea I believe she was on thyroid. I do believe she had estrogen dominance because when she took progest and eliminated starch her body became more curvy in the right ways.

That suggests a case for assessing and addressing estrogen-dominance, at least, before trying Richfield's temp reset procedure?

Zachs

tara said:
Zachs said:

That suggests a case for assessing and addressing estrogen-dominance, at least, before trying Richfield's temp reset procedure?

But she also fixed her chronic low temps through these methods suggesting no need for Richfields hack.

Giraffe said:
Such_Saturation said:
It works. Here's my armpit temperature during brain training over four weeks.
Such_, did you feel better after having accomplished this training?

Armpit temperatures of 36,4 °C and higher (mean 37,1 °C) are quite optimal, aren't they? I wait for my oral temperature to hit 37 ... sigh!! ... Were your temps lower before taking up the training?

Yes, before doing it I saw a maximum of 36,8 no matter how good I felt. Unless I took cyproheptadine.

jyb

Such_Saturation said:

What's brain training - what section of the site should I look at? Need to check this out :)

Tarmander

Thanks for sharing your experiences Such, very cool. Zach, it does kind of make a certain logical sense that forcing your temps higher may create some type of backlash that would have your body compensating by lowering your temp. I may try this after doing some more research. I live in Arizona, sometimes I think I get so hot here that my body lowers my temp on purpose. However most of those times I was hotter then 98.6, I was probably above 99 (usually from a sauna). Perhaps a crucial point is coming down to 98.6 and making sure you "stick it" so to speak. Whereas if you are chronically higher your body will compensate. Just a guess.

jyb said:
Such_Saturation said:

What's brain training - what section of the site should I look at? Need to check this out :)

I use lumosity.com, however I can't really say that it makes you smarter. I think http://brainworkshop.sourceforge.net/ did a little bit, but only at 6-back.

jyb

Such_Saturation said:
jyb said:
Such_Saturation said:

I use lumosity.com, however I can't really say that it makes you smarter. I think http://brainworkshop.sourceforge.net/ did a little bit, but only at 6-back.

But where did you read this would increase your temps? I know brainworkshop, it's supposed to make you smarter but I've never seen people using it specifically to improve their temps.

jyb said:
Such_Saturation said:
jyb said:
Such_Saturation said:

But where did you read this would increase your temps? I know brainworkshop, it's supposed to make you smarter but I've never seen people using it specifically to improve their temps.

No that's just the time I track my temperature, while I'm doing exercises.

jyb

Such_Saturation said:

But have you tracked your temps the hour before you start doing the exercises? And if you do them all day long, have you factored for the fact that we are in summer and can expect a boost everyday anyway.

jyb said:
Such_Saturation said:

But have you tracked your temps the hour before you start doing the exercises? And if you do them all day long, have you factored for the fact that we are in summer and can expect a boost everyday anyway.

:shock: jyb I'm just checking the correlation between my scores and my temperature. What else are you seeing in this?

tara

Zachs said:
tara said:
Zachs said:

But she also fixed her chronic low temps through these methods suggesting no need for Richfields hack.

I agree. Only use the temp reset procedure if simpler tactics don't work.

Diet first, maybe micronutrient supplements, adjust exercise to an appropriate level, keep feet warm, address habitual hyperventilation, get regular sunlight/red light, address other modifiable stresses, etc.

Then, if necessary, consider cautious thyroid supplementation and/or progesterone.

Then, if none of that has worked, and temps are still stuck in the low temps described by Richfield, consider trying the temp reset procedure.
I don't think it's the first or second thing to try, just another tool if more straight forward measures don't work.

I don't think Richfield himself recommended it for everyone who tends to low temps, just those who get stuck in some specific ranges and never budge.

AnonSoIDontGetSued

I agree with all the caution towards using the reset procedure. I've been wanting to post about my experiences with it, but have been worried about "promoting" something potentially risky.

That said, the reset was a total success for me. It increased and stabilized my body temperature in a way dozens of other things did not (most things, including thyroid, would work for a while and then seem to lose effectiveness). My body would previously fight temperatures higher than ~97.8, sweating and creating feelings of being overheated.

So I think Such_Saturation's "if you sweat at a healthy temperature, your brain is working against you, and this protocol fixes that" concept is something to keep in mind for people who struggle to keep their temps up in the "standard" ways. At the same time I don't think it should be undertaken lightly: there's potentially a lot of thyroid in a short period, you'll probably be very stressed by the intense discomfort, and you might be in movement-restricting clothes if something goes wrong.

Tarmander

AnonSoIDontGetSued said:
I agree with all the caution towards using the reset procedure. I've been wanting to post about my experiences with it, but have been worried about "promoting" something potentially risky.

That said, the reset was a total success for me. It increased and stabilized my body temperature in a way dozens of other things did not (most things, including thyroid, would work for a while and then seem to lose effectiveness). My body would previously fight temperatures higher than ~97.8, sweating and creating feelings of being overheated.

So I think Such_Saturation's "if you sweat at a healthy temperature, your brain is working against you, and this protocol fixes that" concept is something to keep in mind for people who struggle to keep their temps up in the "standard" ways. At the same time I don't think it should be undertaken lightly: there's potentially a lot of thyroid in a short period, you'll probably be very stressed by the intense discomfort, and you might be in movement-restricting clothes if something goes wrong.

What about trying it without Thyroid at first? He does mention that it can be done without pills and just with hot liquids and showers.

I think I did it with coffee and T4 only. Also that guy knows that T4 slows you down, so he is legit.

burtlancast

macaroot said:
Orange juice tears up my stomach so I avoid it.

I wonder if that's natural, pressed OJ or store bought ?
Store bought OJ gives me heart burns too, but never the one i make myself from fresh oranges.

johnwester130

mercury fillings and heavy metals,

can cause the body temperature to drop

and heavy metals are everywhere these days,