Could Pregnenolone be the reason why I feel bad on TRT? (estrogen antagonism?)

tommyg130

Serum estradiol is not a good measure of systemic estrogen status in men. The estrogens are paracrine hormones, meaning they're produced and used in their tissue of origin without ever entering serum. Accordingly, serum estradiol - especially in a man not on exogenous hormones - tells you absolutely nothing about the level in the tissue; if you have low testosterone, the odds you have elevated tissue estrogen are extrodindarly high.

Tissue-bound estrogen in aging

Serum estradiol is primarily a reflection of intratesticular aromatization, which will be low if testosterone production is low. Again, that isn't a reflection of that in the tissue, nor the systemic estrogen load.
I agree w this, but how do we attack this issue? I’m on trt.. I’ve had high and low e2. When high I would take peat like ais and sometimes pharm ais. So if my e2 and total estrogen serumn are low on blood test, it’s probably still high in my body overall. Do AIs like anastrazole etc lower whole system estrogen? I’ve even taken ais when my blood estrogen is low bc I believe it’s not actually low. But then I feel like ***t. So id say you believe that’s not bc estrogen is too low, my body just independently doesn’t like AI.

Can we measure or actually know if we have low or high estrogen in the body so we know how to attack it?

Gûs80

I've a lot of trouble dialing in my TRT protocol/dose. Now looking back I think Pregnenolone could be the reason for it.
I think most of my problems are related due to low E2, I have all the classic symptoms.
dry eyes/dry skin/no libido, fatigue, insomnia, paranoia, etc.

So I've read that pregnenolone and progesterone have a negative effect on estrogen, acting as an aromatase inhibitor (although in higher dosages) and as an estrogen antagonist.

Judging by how I feel, now it perfectly makes sense that 1-2 days after taking the progenenolone I start to feel like I'm not on trt anymore.

I stopped taking the Preg and wont take it anymore. How long until it clears the body? I heard its about a week?

Anyone else had problems with pregnenolone crashing Estradiol levels`?
Have you ever had any head trauma?

Pregnenolone lowers gh.

Dr Mark Gordon suggests in one of his lectures 6-8g glycine at night can increase gh by 300-400%. Worth the test. Maybe a big dose of gelatin/collagen before bed...

Two interesting theories about men who don't adapt to trt caught my eye:

- dr Mark Gordon - says that they are usually men who have suffered concussion / head trauma and develop hypopituitarism, with thyroid, test and mainly gh deficiency. In these cases he recommends gh(or precursors like glutamine, glycine) dhea, pregnenolone and a maximum of 80mg of test per week. 100% of their patients got better.

- Dr Ben Lynch - in the book Dirty Genes, shows that men with Slow Comt and Slow MaoA genes have difficulty excreting estrogen and serotonin. These would be the ones who do poorly with the enhanced aromatization of TRT, possibly the men who report improvement when they switch to Nandrolone.

And the inverse of these, men with Fast Comt and Fast MaoA, because they have high e2 and serotonin excretion, tend to be deficient in both and would do very well with Testo replacement and consequent increase in e2.

Gûs80

Pregnenolone lowers gh.

Dr Mark Gordon suggests in one of his lectures 6-8g glycine at night can increase gh by 300-400%. Worth the test. Maybe a big dose of gelatin/collagen before bed...

- dr Mark Gordon - says that they are usually men who have suffered concussion / head trauma and develop hypopituitarism, with thyroid, test and mainly gh deficiency. In these cases he recommends gh(or precursors like glutamine, glycine) dhea, pregnenolone and a maximum of 80mg of test per week. 100% of their patients got better.

- Dr Ben Lynch - in the book Dirty Genes, shows that men with Slow Comt and Slow MaoA genes have difficulty excreting estrogen and serotonin. These would be the ones who do poorly with the enhanced aromatization of TRT, possibly the men who report improvement when they switch to Nandrolone.

And the inverse of these, men with Fast Comt and Fast MaoA, because they have high e2 and serotonin excretion, tend to be deficient in both and would do very well with Testo replacement and consequent increase in e2.

"DHEA metabolites may stimulate aging somatotropes (GH) via estrogen receptors."

where lab on preg?

P

Peatness

Pregnenolone lowers gh.

Thanks this is useful information

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals