Gut/histamine

TubZy

As a person who recently switched from being in deep ketosis for many many months to switching back to glucose (peating) my gut has been messed up. Also, I know my histamine levels are high because I'm extremely sensitive to chemical and smells like they give me a bad headache as soon as I smell any scent, which I read stems from the gut from not having the proper bacteria to degrade histamine. Never had this problem before in my life and no known allergies. I think the rapid change in my diet probably was to steep which didn't cause my system to adapt properly. I was eating a lot of starch in the beginning too. I have tried a lot of thing and just added more raw carrots and ordered charcoal. I also have some minocycline, would that be helpful in running a small cycle of it to help "sterilize" or reset whatever is screwing up my gut and histamine? I know peat is a big fan of tetracyclines.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Cyproheptadine is good for both histamine and the gut.

Will that address the root problem though or just covering up the issue, by just inhibiting histamine production. Also, what's your source for cypro?

milk_lover

Will that address the root problem though or just covering up the issue, by just inhibiting histamine production. Also, what's your source for cypro?
I think it's a helpful tool while you are still working on metabolism. I buy Periactin which is 4mg a pill. Don't take too much or you will feel depressed because I think it decreases dopamine in large doses. I take 1mg after lunch and 1mg in the evening.

michael94

Is histamine issue only after smelling things or eating/drinking also? Do you get an itchiness or just brain fog?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Is histamine issue only after smelling things or eating/drinking also? Do you get an itchiness or just brain fog?

Both, but scents or smells make it 20x worse like I get an instant head ache, excess mucus and brain fog, fatigue etc.
Almost like my immune system is in like overdrive.

I know it's got to be something gut related by the my digestion is off too.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I think it's a helpful tool while you are still working on metabolism. I buy Periactin which is 4mg a pill. Don't take too much or you will feel depressed because I think it decreases dopamine in large doses. I take 1mg after lunch and 1mg in the evening.

Where did you buy it from?

I also started pregnenolone too

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I asked ray here is his responses:

Besides the persorption problem with starchy foods, they are often associated with indigestible cellulose, making them available for bacterial growth. If the digestive system is slow, for example from hypothyroidism, the bacterial toxins can affect the liver’s ability to store glycogen, leading to various sensitivities. Besides carrots, cooked mushrooms and bamboo shoots are fibrous foods with an antiseptic effect. Penicillin (Pen-V-K) is the antibiotic that I most often use; erythromycin, besides being antiinflammatory, like the tetracyclines, also stimulates peristalsis. I think the most important thing is to check thyroid function, and vitamin D status, while watching for and avoiding the foods that cause the worst reactions.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I upped my dose of magenisum chloride and zinc yesterday and it definitely reduced histamine type symptoms by a lot. Could it be that I'm calcium/copper dominant from peating that is causing the chronic allergies/high histamine levels or my metabolism is so high that im burning through mag and zinc? I am eating a lot of calcium rich foods like milk, ice cream, butter etc.

My diet right now is

pasture eggs (4-6 a day)
milk
ice cream
chicken
mushroom
raw carrot
fruit (cherries and apples)
gelatin candies plus gelatin supplement

milk_lover

I upped my dose of magenisum chloride and zinc yesterday and it definitely reduced histamine type symptoms by a lot. Could it be that I'm calcium/copper dominant from peating that is causing the chronic allergies/high histamine levels or my metabolism is so high that im burning through mag and zinc? I am eating a lot of calcium rich foods like milk, ice cream, butter etc.

My diet right now is

pasture eggs (4-6 a day)
milk
ice cream
chicken
mushroom
raw carrot
fruit (cherries and apples)
gelatin candies plus gelatin supplement
Does the place you buy the eggs from include soy in their 'organic' feed?

Also, do you cook the mushroom for at least one hour and half? Peat mentioned that cooking the mushroom is very important to get rid of some toxins for the liver.

I never liked apples to be frank. Some people can handle them better if they are cooked.

Chicken can have PUFA which can increase histamine.

What type of ice cream do you eat? What are the ingredients? Some contain gum which can be highly allergenic. The milk you get, does it have added vitamins?

Last edited:

Xisca

Can someone say more about what are signs showing there is an histamine reaction?
I used to have skin dermography for example, and was said it came from histamine.
What I had was the skin becoming red and swollen where it had been scratched or hit. I could write something on my skin for fun, with my nail, just by doing some White marks, almost nothing and far from being painful.
Once I received a ball on my arm, and youcould see the design a few mns later!

I was recenty stunng by a wasp and did not react a lot. Is reacting part of histamine issue?

I was also told that getting up at night for peeing came from histamine reaction, is ti right?
What else?

Daft

Also, copper is a precursor to diamine oxidase, the endogenous enzyme your body produces to break down histamine

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I figured out what was causing the rise in histamine. It was from the DMSO in haiduts supplements unfortunately. I didn't put two and two together and realize. I stopped all DMSO containing supplements and it started to subside.

EIRE24

I figured out what was causing the rise in histamine. It was from the DMSO in haiduts supplements unfortunately. I didn't put two and two together and realize. I stopped all DMSO containing supplements and it started to subside.

I know it isnt peaty but have you ever tried probiotics?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I know it isnt peaty but have you ever tried probiotics?

Yeah I did for a bit. Didn't really notice anything. I eat a pint of haagen dazs frozen yogurt before bed every night though I switched from ice cream to yogurt seems to be easier on digestion

EIRE24

Yeah I did for a bit. Didn't really notice anything. I eat a pint of haagen dazs frozen yogurt before bed every night though I switched from ice cream to yogurt seems to be easier on digestion
ah, i've just stared taking primal defense ultra through reading some of chris masterjohns article on them.

tomisonbottom

Curious....has it stayed that way?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals