Strong BO of the food I'm eating or even the things I'm inhaling as soon as I have them

Vman

Okay, so I have some terribly strange symptoms associated with my digestion issues and I was curious if there's anyone who's had something similar or if I could have any advice at all.

After having a strong musty smell for years and, later on, digestive symptoms, I was diagnosed with H Pylori, which I cured through triple therapy (confirmed cured after retesting). However, following the treatment for H Pylori, I was diagnosed with esophagitis, gastritis, GERD, and SIBO (methane and hydrogen with average numbers). The worst symptom out of these digestive issues is a strong BO that appears as soon as I eat or even just inhale something, the smell being like a rotten version of the food I just ate. This smell just comes out of my pores and you can clearly smell a rotten food odor on my skin and sweat as soon as I swallow the food.

I figured it might be LPR or the esophagitis causing it, as sometimes a wave of odor appears right as the food goes down my throat. I also feel like food is stuck in my throat, which the GI doctor dismissed after the endoscopy, saying I have only a small lesion down my esophagus and no blockage. I have treated SIBO with antibiotics and elemental diet and have not tested again to confirm whether it's gone or not, but the smell is still here. I figured it could not be the SIBO causing it, since I smell before the food even has time to get to the small intestine, but the smell lingers from food I ate days ago as well, so I would guess there could be an issue with both the upper GI and the gut after all.

I also have a lot of burping and reflux and hiccups and often feel the taste of the bad smells I inhale sticking into my mouth and throat for days and then I exude that smell through my pores. Like I once cracked some eggs by accident in my grocery bag and after I sniffed to see what was smelling, I had a raw egg taste in my mouth for days and my skin smelled like rotten eggs. Regular hygiene measures do not eliminate it (antibacterial soaps, strong mouthwash and so on)

Any suggestions as to what to do, what to test for, or what things to try? Has anyone experienced anything similar? I have tried probiotics and things for healing the stomach and gut lining, as it feels like all the odors that I put inside my body just come right out through my sweat, but I'm open to any suggestions. I figured it looks something like leaky gut if I had to guess, even though my upper GI seems to have permeability issues as well, since the smell appears right after I eat. Currently, I'm taking Megaspore and S. Boulardii as they are probiotics that I can tolerate and that are supposed to help with leaky gut, but I haven't seen any improvement in 3 weeks. My regular blood tests look normal.

I'd appreciate any advice, as people cannot stand being near me and I can't stand smelling myself either.

Okay, so I have some terribly strange symptoms associated with my digestion issues and I was curious if there's anyone who's had something similar or if I could have any advice at all.

After having a strong musty smell for years and, later on, digestive symptoms, I was diagnosed with H Pylori, which I cured through triple therapy (confirmed cured after retesting). However, following the treatment for H Pylori, I was diagnosed with esophagitis, gastritis, GERD, and SIBO (methane and hydrogen with average numbers). The worst symptom out of these digestive issues is a strong BO that appears as soon as I eat or even just inhale something, the smell being like a rotten version of the food I just ate. This smell just comes out of my pores and you can clearly smell a rotten food odor on my skin and sweat as soon as I swallow the food.

I figured it might be LPR or the esophagitis causing it, as sometimes a wave of odor appears right as the food goes down my throat. I also feel like food is stuck in my throat, which the GI doctor dismissed after the endoscopy, saying I have only a small lesion down my esophagus and no blockage. I have treated SIBO with antibiotics and elemental diet and have not tested again to confirm whether it's gone or not, but the smell is still here. I figured it could not be the SIBO causing it, since I smell before the food even has time to get to the small intestine, but the smell lingers from food I ate days ago as well, so I would guess there could be an issue with both the upper GI and the gut after all.

I also have a lot of burping and reflux and hiccups and often feel the taste of the bad smells I inhale sticking into my mouth and throat for days and then I exude that smell through my pores. Like I once cracked some eggs by accident in my grocery bag and after I sniffed to see what was smelling, I had a raw egg taste in my mouth for days and my skin smelled like rotten eggs. Regular hygiene measures do not eliminate it (antibacterial soaps, strong mouthwash and so on)

Any suggestions as to what to do, what to test for, or what things to try? Has anyone experienced anything similar? I have tried probiotics and things for healing the stomach and gut lining, as it feels like all the odors that I put inside my body just come right out through my sweat, but I'm open to any suggestions. I figured it looks something like leaky gut if I had to guess, even though my upper GI seems to have permeability issues as well, since the smell appears right after I eat. Currently, I'm taking Megaspore and S. Boulardii as they are probiotics that I can tolerate and that are supposed to help with leaky gut, but I haven't seen any improvement in 3 weeks. My regular blood tests look normal.

I'd appreciate any advice, as people cannot stand being near me and I can't stand smelling myself either.
Two things come to mind when reading what you wrote. The food getting stuck sounds possibly like a swollen thyroid. I had that many years ago. It is a very unpleasant feeling. The second thing is that maybe it is your sense of smell in play and NOT that YOU smell. Has anybody told you that they smell on you what you are smelling?

OP
V

Vman

Hello, thank you for the reply. Yes, unfortunately the smell is real and I've had it confirmed by close ones that I can trust. I started having a strong damp, "wet-dog" smell at 16 and ever since I've also heard a ton of complaints about my smell in school or workplaces, where people would complain to the bosses and giving angry and very obvious loud hints in front of me that I smell. I've also had some of the blunter persons I know saying it directly to me, like "Bro, you stink. Why do you smell like this?"

I'm 33 now and up until 2 or 3 years ago, the smell was always the same, but after taking antibiotics for h pylori, it changed into a strong sort of rotten food odor of whatever I'm eating. Also when I'm passing gas or having a BM, it smells strongly like the food I'm eating in a way that's not normal.

I don't have ORS unfortunately, I can smell myself just as well as others can and I also hear it from others in my daily life. I also had ENT checkups and was told everything is fine as far as what they can tell, plus I never had COVID or other respiratory issues diagnosed.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding an enlarged thyroid, it's something I'll check.

Hello, thank you for the reply. Yes, unfortunately the smell is real and I've had it confirmed by close ones that I can trust. I started having a strong damp, "wet-dog" smell at 16 and ever since I've also heard a ton of complaints about my smell in school or workplaces, where people would complain to the bosses and giving angry and very obvious loud hints in front of me that I smell. I've also had some of the blunter persons I know saying it directly to me, like "Bro, you stink. Why do you smell like this?"

I'm 33 now and up until 2 or 3 years ago, the smell was always the same, but after taking antibiotics for h pylori, it changed into a strong sort of rotten food odor of whatever I'm eating. Also when I'm passing gas or having a BM, it smells strongly like the food I'm eating in a way that's not normal.

I don't have ORS unfortunately, I can smell myself just as well as others can and I also hear it from others in my daily life. I also had ENT checkups and was told everything is fine as far as what they can tell, plus I never had COVID or other respiratory issues diagnosed.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding an enlarged thyroid, it's something I'll check.
This is terrible for you! What is your diet like? Are you overweight? I am wondering if adding some potent chlorophyll type foods might help, like parsley. Maybe some lemon water in the morning, with the added zest from the peel could benefit you, to neutralize and disinfect your gut.

OP
V

Vman

This is terrible for you! What is your diet like? Are you overweight? I am wondering if adding some potent chlorophyll type foods might help, like parsley. Maybe some lemon water in the morning, with the added zest from the peel could benefit you, to neutralize and disinfect your gut.
Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately, chlorophyll and a lot of foods rich in it make my smell worse, almost like a strong swamp smell. I'll try the lemon water when my gastritis gets better, as I'd probably get stomach burns at the moment, but it's definitely something I'll implement once I get better.

My diet consists of whole foods that do not make my smell much worse, so it is mostly based on how my body reacts to it, which is quite particular when I think about it. In general, I avoid very acidic foods like vinegar or citrus fruits and very high FODMAP foods like legumes, since these trigger my reflux and make my BO worse almost instantly, after which it keeps coming out of my pores no matter what I try to do to address that. My typical diet consists of things like chicken or turkey most often since they're the easiest to digest, red meat rarely, and then regular higher PH fruits and vegetables like bananas, mushrooms, avocados, potatoes, and so on.

I eat these in a healthy way and do the cooking myself. The main thing I'm worried when it comes to meat is fish, as I rarely eat it since I get an awful smell both from it and the fish oil supplements, and I know that Omega 3 from vegetable sources is not nearly as well absorbed.

I'm not overweight and I've always been on the slimmer side. I'm also fairly active, not a gym fanatic since I want to fix my digestion first, but I'm definitely riding my bike or walking or doing something that keeps me active every day, with periods of strength training at home that are on and off.

If I had to pinpoint something, it would be leaky gut, but it seems that my general GI permeability is awful in general, since with a lot of foods I get the smell come out through my pores right away, as soon as they pass through my throat or reach the stomach. The smell is also nastier than the foods in general, so if I eat things like oranges, I'll get a sickly sweet smell from them right away.

“Can people with trimethylaminuria smell themselves?

Those who have TMAU are plagued by extreme body odor: Their urine, breath, and sweat are laced with a thick scent akin to that of rotting eggs, garbage, or stale fish, and it's completely impossible to control with bathing, deodorant, or other forms of personal hygiene.”

“I have type-two TMAU, the acquired type, which means I developed it later in life. It’s a metabolic disorder that prevents your body from converting trimethylamine into another non-odorous compound. It means you have extreme body odor. It’s an embarrassing, lonely condition.”

“How do you fix trimethylaminuria?

Dietary supplements such as activated charcoal and copper chlorophyllin can bind trimethylamine in the gut and hence reduce the amount available for absorption. The use of slightly acidic soaps and body lotions can convert trimethylamine on the skin into a less volatile form that can be removed by washing.”

Molybdenum is a cofactor in metabolizing sulfur compounds...maybe you are deficient? you can get molybdenum alone in a supplement, I myself have drops.

but when i researched more about it I came up with this article that shows deficiencies that cause body odor, one being TMAU which is aggravated by progesterone and estrogen (yes i know you are male) and you say that it started at 16? I would imagine this may be the culprit.

and it goes on to say:
"Some individuals cannot metabolize foods containing large amounts of choline, such as eggs, fish, liver and legumes. The result is a “fishy” smell."

God Bless.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vman

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I have researched TMAU and read a lot about people's experiences from communities focused on it, but unfortunately, I did not get any improvement when I followed the regimen (low choline diet, probiotics, charcoal, chlorophyll, vitamin B2), so I think it's something else causing it for me. The amount of choline itself in my diet does not seem to be a factor since I can for example eat eggs and liver without having my smell become worse, while if I eat tomatoes, for example, I instantly get this awful tomato smell that's worse than what the food itself smells.

I also do not get the fishy smell if I eat high-choline foods (unless I specifically eat fish, but I smell from a lot of low-choline foods too) and I am able to smell myself very well. From what I've read in TMAU communities, most of the TMAU sufferers are nose blind to their own smell.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely look into molybdenum and Lume and it doesn't hurt to give them a try.

pondering

Perhaps there’s a liver detoxification problem? Excessively foul smelling sweat can be an indicator of a liver clearance issue. Although you didn’t mention sweat per se, but maybe related since there’s odor involved?

tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, eggplant, tobacco are nightshades and all have varying levels of toxic alkaloids. You mentioned eating tomatoes and smelling right away. I cannot stand the smell of ketchup or tomato sauce, my body/nose has told me all of my life that it's toxic. I do eat them occasionally however. I have no idea if that would have any bearing on body odor, but they are rough on the guts for some. I hate to suggest more elimination dieting, but you need ideas right?

and if you really think its your gut permeability being an issue... gluten may need to go for a trial period of a few weeks to a month. I cannot handle it anymore myself, and everytime i eat gluten again I suffer with severe bloating as if my GI tract is completely inflamed, and I very slowly digest food and feel full all the time.

Last edited:
can you tell this is fascinating to me? anyway i found this article about what diseases cause body odor and this table was in there:

1670450204316.png

helpmyhair

I would try probiotics. Use to have BO.. then when I started taking probiotics, I have no smell. You probably have an imbalance with a lot of bad bacteria

OP
V

Vman

@pondering: I had a CT scan and regular bloodwork done and my liver seemed to be normal in the tests done. The smell gets worse when I sweat, but it's also very noticeable when I'm dry. I'm not even able to sweat it out if I exercise a lot, it's still there.

@ThazMYchocolate: Thanks for the suggestion. I did not try going solely gluten-free for let's say a few months, but I did the elemental diet for two weeks and then the carnivore diet for ten days, during which I still smelled like what I was eating, so gross powder shakes and meat. It was particularly strange with the carnivore diet, as meat does not give me its odor usually, but on the carnivore diet, I smelled strongly like it.

Now I know gluten-free or any other elimination diet could need weeks or months to evaluate and it's something I might try, as it does not seem nearly as difficult as the carnivore and elemental diets were.

I saw that table too and sometimes I wish my smell was constant instead of changing all the time, as it would be at least easier to look into it.

@helpmyhair: Yes, I have looked into probiotics and I'm currently using Megaspore and S Boulardii which should help leaky gut in theory, but the smell is the same. I have noticed that lactobacillus probiotics give me instant brain fog and symptoms as if I had the flu, which makes me unable to tolerate them, so I'm trying strains that I can tolerate.

Last edited:
there is a gut protocol post made a little while back that i found interesting for myself, maybe it could give you some ideas?
I wanted to share this amazing gut protocol that I have been on for the last few months (results below)

I am in a unique position as a type 1 diabetic in that my pancreas produces little to no insulin on its own. This gives me an insight into what supplements and herbs do to insulin needs in both the short term and long term

If I notice a supplement lowers the amount of insulin I need, then theoretically it could lower the amount of insulin a normal person would produce. Perhaps even lowering any insulin resistance, and increasing metabolism as well

Everyone is different and results will be different

The protocol comes from Ken Lassesen and was originally developed for CFS. I think it can help anyone experiencing weight gain and metabolism slow down which is very common on a RP diet.

Read the full article here: Change Agents: Ken Lassesen on Prescription and Herbal Antibiotics to Alter the Gut Flora in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Health Rising

The protocol works by taking an herb/supplement/probiotic for a week and then shifting to a new one.
This shifts the gut microbiome each week in a healthier direction. Think muscle confusion. By shifting constantly, you never give your muscles the chance to plateau out.

By shifting the supplement each week, the unhealthy bacteria do not get a chance to gain resistance to a substance

Here is the protocol summarized, but the article is worth reading, as well as the comments:

-200 mg/day of minocycline (as a neuroprotector — for those can persuade MDs to write an ongoing prescription) – on going

Week 1: Haritaki: Work up to 6 “00” capsules per day then stop
Week 2: Prescript-Assist: Work up to 2 capsules per day then stop
Week 3: Tulsi: Work up to 6 “00” capsules per day then stop
Week 4: Align or a 100% Bifidobacterium probiotic (preferably with mainly Bifidobacterium Infantis)
Week 5: Neem: Work up to 6 “00” capsules per day then stop
Week 6: Mutaflor or other E.Coli Probioitcs (work up to 2x recommended dosage)
Week 7: Lactobacillus Reuteri (work up to 2x recommended dosage)
Week 8: Take a break — ideally review your notes to find what had the greatest effect and use that for 2 weeks, working your way down the list for effectiveness
Week 9: Turmeric (breaks down a form of coagulation that seems to occur with CFS) – up to 10 capsules per day. If you have piracetam, also take that.

Second Pass
Repeat the above, with the following additions. I excluded these in the first pass because they can, by themselves, produce massive herx.

Week 1: NAC and EDTA – these are biofilm breakers, and you should repeat every 3 weeks of this cycle in addition to whatever else you are doing. Biofilms are “domed cities of bacteria” – the antibiotics kill the outer level and the dead bacteria bodies protect the inhabitants.
Week 2: Bromelain, Nattokinease, Serrapetase, Lumbrokinease – these are antibiotic potentators. They in general dissolve fibrin deposits allowing antibiotics to penetrate deeper (up to 10x greater concentration in tissue). Bacteria will often trigger fibrin so they have their own little world shielded off by the fibrin. Repeat every four weeks in addition to whatever else you are doing.
Week 3: Boswellia, Myrth – these are anti-inflamnatories. Inflammation keeps antibiotics away from the bacteria (just like fibrin and biofilms) — you want to reduce the inflammation. Repeat every two weeks in addition to whatever else you are doing.

Over time items:
If the above does not work well, i.e. zero herx and zero improvement — the following should be tried:

Week A: Olive Leaf Extract
Week B: Worm Wood
Week C: Monolaurin

I made some changes to the protocol. I did not take Minocycline throughout. I did 3 different antibiotics for a week, spaced a month apart. (alldaychemist.com)

Erythromycin 250mg x2/day for 1 week
Minocycline 100mg x2/day for 1 week
Azithromycin 500mg x1/day for 4 days (1000mg on the first day)

I also did both passes at the same time.

Results:

•In December I was taking 30 units of Tresiba (long acting insulin) per day. As of today I am taking 18 units of Tresiba. Last time I took that little insulin I was a teenager with a teenage metabolism.

•I lost 7-8 pounds. I expect to slowly drop weight as time goes on as the low amount of insulin would suggest it. Losing around 2 pounds per month it seems. The subjective feel of weight loss has changed. Before I would lose a few pounds and my body wanted to put it right back on. It was a battle. That is the opposite now. My body wants to shed weight and I have to work at keeping it.

•During this trial, I had to consume copious amounts of sugar to keep my blood sugar elevated as I brought insulin levels down. Usually consuming 64 oz of apple juice a day in addition to my regular diet (see below). Any problems with pure sugar seem to be gone.

•Massive increase in energy. Walking 1.5 hours per day with no exercise intolerance. I used to have insomnia whenever I would exercise. That is gone

•brain power increased on average, although some of the substances made that worse.

Here are my notes for each substance:

•Erythromycin:
Gave great energy and did not interfere with sleep. Caused loose stool. Lowered blood sugar massively, almost as much as the Neem. Great muscle tone. Improved posture even.

•Minocycline: Also gave great energy but insomnia too. I will never take Mino before going to bed if I want to sleep even a little. Made my body feel hollow, kind of strung out. Better and tighter skin, and better muscle tone. Boswellia improved symptoms

•Azithromycin: Caused insomnia and gave energy like Mino, but not the hollow feeling. Made scalp itchy and hair fall out a bit. While it was not as bad as Mino, Boswellia did not improve the symptoms so in some ways it was worse.

•Haritake(https://amzn.to/33CXINM): Nausea at first. Very hungry. Intense mental effects that went away after a couple days. Very odd feelings, like it was summer when I was a kid. Body felt heavy, immobile, fell asleep quickly. Rash popped up on my hand (yeast?). Lowered blood sugar

•Prescript assist(https://amzn.to/3alu0zz): I found an old bottle of this at a healthfood store. Not sure if the new formula will give these same effects. Felt tired, dizzy, kind of spacey and loopy. Very deep sleep…like sinking into the ocean

•Tulsi(https://amzn.to/2QBqaKw): Increased muscles big time. All my exercises were much easier. Felt militant, disciplined, emotionless, calm, focused. Didn’t improve sleep but didn’t make it worse. Lowered blood sugar big time. May have caused a hemorrhoid after 5 days of taking max dosage. Possible fungal problem as pinky toe had athlete’s food which went away after cessation.

•Bifido(https://amzn.to/2xigmyw): I took Jarrow Bifido for this. Did not like at first. Caused anxiety and emotionality. But after the first couple days, had the best brain boost I have ever had. Mind felt flow like, absolutely on fire. Memorization great. On the verge of being too strong for the mind, almost uncomfortable but not quite. Blood sugars better. Body seemed to look a little more feminine oddly. I had just come off tulsi, which masculinized me, and the bifido seem to make me more curvy and feminine. Weird I know but that was the sense I got. Didn’t cause gyno or anything. The bifido probiotics are all very different. I tried Align before this back in November and it did not do these things. So depending on which bifido you get, you may get very different results.

•Neem(https://amzn.to/2Ucghp3) : Lost weight quicker. Nuclear bomb for blood sugars. I was constantly chugging apple juice and eating fruit snacks to keep my blood sugar up. Started waking up at 5am and unable to get back to sleep. Was good at first. Puffed up muscles, cleared my skin. As time went on, I got less and less sleep. Couldn’t fall asleep, couldn’t stay asleep. Had some nights I slept 2 hours. Started to feel strung out, tired, lack of sleep drunk. Brain felt like it had too much MSG. After stopping Neem, the effects stayed. I am never ******* taking this ***t again. It has been weeks since stopping and I am still struggling with this a bit. Avoid for me.

•Mutaflor(Mutaflor): Usually improves ability to sleep in (like a teenager!). First couple days gives gas and loose stool. Lowers blood sugars so better to take in the morning. Gives a serotonin feeling to my brain if I take a lot of it.

•Lactobacillus Reuteri (https://amzn.to/3alLrj6) : Did not feel anything. I noticed the one I bought was super low dose, and shipped without an ice pack (heat sensitive). May try again with a different brand.

•Turmeric(https://amzn.to/3dlCzMo) : Didn’t notice much

•Boswellia (https://amzn.to/2xigyOg) : I ended up using this for most of the protocol. It lowered the symptoms of insomnia for the antibiotics and a bit for Neem. Really grew to like Boswellia.

•Systemic Enzymes(https://amzn.to/2J3SsZU and https://amzn.to/394vM6w) : I tried Natto, Serra, and Lumbrokinase. Natto and Serra really did not do much but oh my god I love Lumbrokinase. Gave that empty flat stomach feeling you get when you fast, but I was eating. Cleared my mind. I take 6 pills per day, 2 before each meal. I know I was supposed to rotate but I loved it so much I just stayed on it.

•NAC and EDTA: These seemed to riskiest part of the protocol and I stayed away. NAC also contraindicated from one of my microbiome tests.

Other notes from protocol:

•Any substance that did me good, felt like crap the first day or two. Usually emotional, anxiety, sleep problems. The one substance that seriously did me wrong was Neem. It felt good the first few days, and slowly became a nightmare. I have noticed this pattern with other substances I take. If it feels good right away, usually not a good sign…at least in this microbiome world.

•After the Neem, I did not do anything for a week or two and the insulin results stuck. I didnt need more insulin. That sometimes happens if you take something hormonal. Meaning I would need less insulin while on the hormone (better metabolism?) then after going off would need more insulin again (nope)

•did not try the wormwood, olive leaf, or monolaurin. I have done all three before and they have various effects.

•Yeast seemed to be a problem in two instances. The hand rash and athletes foot. When I do another pass. I may add in a week of oregano oil and caprilic acid.

Confounding Factors:

These factors played a role in all this, but not sure to what extent

•My regular diet in December was meat, potatoes/rice, and a little refried beans each meal

My diet shifted in January to

breakfast: Rice and green beans
Lunch: meat and green beans
Dinner: Rice and green beans/broccoli/cauliflower

So three meals of meat a day down to one. That is a confounding factor that may muddy the results of the protocol itself.

•I have been nebulizing 100mg of glutathione everyday for 1 year +

•I started nicotine patches in November

•In February I started using a heat lamp daily

•I went off thyroid in late Jan/early Feb

•I took Pepcid for a month in Jan

•Stopped taking daily betaine HCL in December

In conclusion:

While this has been very rocky at times, especially with insomnia, it is a massive success.

When I first started the Peat life, I was crashing from too much endurance exercise and job burnout. I was scarfing down ice cream and orange juice like mad.

My insulin needs sky rocketed (50 units of long term insulin a day!) and I gained 50 pounds. That was 5-6 years ago. I have tried a myriad of ways to get my metabolism rolling and lose weight without dieting to no success.

Finally, I am on the path to losing weight, eating as much sugar as I want, and being able to exercise again.

Focusing on shifting the microbiome seems to give permanent results. Ray Peat is right about keeping gut bacteria down...but it's not just an important aspect...it may be the most crucial part of his writings

By tinkering with this protocol, I can assure sleep, energy, and less insulin needs.

In addition, by not taking any substance for longer than a couple weeks, I don't develop tolerance or get bad side effects.

Other than the antibiotics, EDTA, and NAC, this protocol is very low risk. Any mineral/vitamin imbalances you may get from long term use of a substance is not a factor.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I put a lot of work and note taking into this. (full disclosure, if you get value from this post, links above are affiliate).

I will do a podcast on this in a few weeks if you are a better listener then reader, like me. Thanks for reading and big props to Ken for originally creating this

Maybe detoxifying your body in a mud bath could be helpful…

“Our skin surface houses thousands of bacteria and when the bad bacteria outweigh the good, it could lead to bad odour. Mud is known to pull out these toxins and bad odour. This is why people in rural areas clean their houses by applying a mix of earth and water on the floors and walls and even wash their hands with mud after answering nature’s call. Things which are rotten are covered with earth.”

I just read someone else's post where they briefly mentioned that people with high iron stink, because it feeds bacteria. You wouldn't happen to have hemochromatosis would you or lick cast iron pans? ( I just stopped using my cast iron pans a few months back because a random blood test I took showed I have been having steadily higher and higher iron in my blood, I use enameled now ) Water from a well can also have a lot of iron.