Smoking And Digestion / Hormones

peep

I’m having a digestion problem for some time now. Especially at stressful situations. Even small stress / nervousness can trigger urgency.
I’m already trying to solve that problem with some of you in another thread.

I’m pretty sure it has something to do with my hormones.
cortisol, serotonin, adrenalin, dhea or prolactin. (+histamine)

But some months ago I discovered that smoking immediately helps.
It’s like the brain-gut connection is off.

But it only helps for some time.
(I’m a non smoker btw)

So what could be the reason / mechanism for it helping so much ?

At first I thought the increase in stomach acid or bile.

For some time I even thought I was low on Serotonin. (And supplemented 5htp which I dropped some time ago !)

I read online it could be:
- tar from smoke coating the intestines?
- increases / decreases cortisol
- increases dhea
- increases stomach acid

I guess Lab test for those markers are inevitable.

OP
P

peep

Ok thank you john. !

So how do you think is my problem connected to those three substances?
Caffeine did not help. Made it even worse.

Do you think that smoking helps me because it decreases NO ? Thats how MB works right?
Im pretty sure my NO is pretty high. Supplements that lower NO should be Niacinamide, Sylimarin, Aspirin. But I tried only Sylimarin yet. Niacinamide should be delivered by tomorrow :) What do you think dosage wise?

I hope that I might get near my problem if I find the reason why smoking helps.

Kyle M

Nicotine stimulates the gastrointestinal nervous system for peristalsis and secretions. It's a parasympathetic activator.

jyb

The first few puffs can create a dopamine like effect and you can feel your bowels relaxing too. If you are stressed, this could have a large impact on your mood. Coffee could have the same effect, but these things vary from person to person a lot (I don't really drink coffee but when I do, the first few gulps can have this effect). Tianeptine and lisuride are similar in that sense.

Last edited:
OP
P

peep

So the increase in dopamine could maybe counteract the high serotonin in the gut, thus blocking it?

Nicotine beeing a parasympathetic activator is often seen in people smoking in the mornings.
But in my case it helps me to not "go". In IBS the reason to "go" is not the filled up bowel like in normal peoples.

Is there something like a serotonine flush with stress ? Which could make instant bowel movements?
Or too much histamine in the gut? I got really high histamine levels when I got my stool Lab tested.

We now got some different outcomes from the effect of smoking. (Dopamine, nervous system, NO)
I still cant say which one is the one helping. :(

Frankdee20

So the increase in dopamine could maybe counteract the high serotonin in the gut, thus blocking it?

Nicotine beeing a parasympathetic activator is often seen in people smoking in the mornings.
But in my case it helps me to not "go". In IBS the reason to "go" is not the filled up bowel like in normal peoples.

Is there something like a serotonine flush with stress ? Which could make instant bowel movements?
Or too much histamine in the gut? I got really high histamine levels when I got my stool Lab tested.

We now got some different outcomes from the effect of smoking. (Dopamine, nervous system, NO)
Isn’t nicotine mimicking the actions of Acetylcholine more than any other neurotransmitter ? Dopamine to a way lesser extent.

Mat_Eire

Have u discoveres the mechanism why nicotine is having you not to "go"?. In my case any parasympathetic/acethycline activate would have me going

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals