Histamine Intolerance Unbeatable?

Motif

Reading in histamine intolerance groups on fb or in forums seems like there's no damn way to cure it.
Anybody here has more ideas of what I could try?

I tried a lot over the last years but still no improvement.

My zinc / copper / Ceruloplasmin is still low even when I take supplements.

My digestion , especially fat digestion sucks and only improved with lots of ox bile.

I got Gilbert syndrome but doctors keep saying it makes no symptoms.

It's probably a gut or a liver issue I guess. But no idea what else to do.

somuch4food

Most of the strategies I've read about involve blocking/avoiding histamine. You have to find out why your body is producing all this histamine in the first place. I really don't like defensive approaches that manage symptoms. It's ok if you want to feel better for the day, but in the long run you have to go deeper.

What's your diet like, what supplements are you taking, what about your lifestyle? People nowadays often take a localized approach to symptoms, but there is a reason why many conditions have generic symptoms. Everything is interconnected.

Instead of trying to do more, maybe you should do way less and let your body figure it out. Eat simple nutritious food, rest, do some light exercises, reduce stress.

Lol, I came to this forum from Ray Peat's scientific articles, but I'm becoming more philosophical and more spiritual.

OP
M

Motif

Yeah I don't want to block symptoms. I want to find the root of it and fix it.

This is what I eat:

I eat eggs, vanilla ice cream, cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese, salt, rice, carrots, occasionally other veggies, melons, sometimes apples, sometimes bananas, curd, potatoes, occasionally cocos water but i want to drink it daily now. Beef but I'm not tolerating it good, chicken again cause beef is not for me (histamine issues ...), oats, Shrimps, mushrooms

I took a lot of supplements years ago. Did not much for me.

I don't really have much "stress", but I'm easy stressed and always was like that. Add type of guy.

Luk3

Give potassium/sodium acetate a try. It’s cleared my sinuses and persistent sneeze, which I’ve had for about 2 years, right up.

OP
M

Motif

Give potassium/sodium acetate a try. It’s cleared my sinuses and persistent sneeze, which I’ve had for about 2 years, right up.

Right up means from day 1?

What have you exactly done ?

Luk3

Improvements were noticeable after 2-3 days. There has been mention of acetate in a few threads recently, so I thought I’d experiment to see if I noticed any benefits— sinus relief happened to be one. I mix 1/4tsp of potassium bicarbonate with 1tbsp of ACV, then add water. I usually have twice per day. I know it’s working, as my sinuses have stayed clear despite consuming my major dietary triggers: red wine, aged cheeses, cocoa.

OP
M

Motif

Improvements were noticeable after 2-3 days. There has been mention of acetate in a few threads recently, so I thought I’d experiment to see if I noticed any benefits— sinus relief happened to be one. I mix 1/4tsp of potassium bicarbonate with 1tbsp of ACV, then add water. I usually have twice per day. I know it’s working, as my sinuses have stayed clear despite consuming my major dietary triggers: red wine, aged cheeses, cocoa.

That's crazy. Need to give it a try.
How much potassium is 1/4 tsp?

rei

Have you tried some histamine agonists? Most often when intolerance is a problem the sensitization can be insensitivized by excessive stimulation.

OP
M

Motif

Have you tried some histamine agonists? Most often when intolerance is a problem the sensitization can be insensitivized by excessive stimulation.

No, never!

OP
M

Motif

Have you tried progesterone?
I haven't yet, but I was reading Peat's book "Progesterone in Orthomolecular Medicine", and he mentions this:
Estrogen promotes histamine release.​

As well as
Histamine release: decreased by progesterone and magnesium, increased by estrogen, and calcium probably facilitates it.​

Progesterone In Orthomolecular Medicine : Ray Peat : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Yeah I took it for a while but did nothing for me

OP
M

Motif

Tried NAC yesterday and have me histamine symptoms. Damn.

fradon

Reading in histamine intolerance groups on fb or in forums seems like there's no damn way to cure it.
Anybody here has more ideas of what I could try?

I tried a lot over the last years but still no improvement.

My zinc / copper / Ceruloplasmin is still low even when I take supplements.

My digestion , especially fat digestion sucks and only improved with lots of ox bile.

I got Gilbert syndrome but doctors keep saying it makes no symptoms.

It's probably a gut or a liver issue I guess. But no idea what else to do.

here's my take

don't supplement copper get it from food

don't over supplement zinc it will kick out copper when it converts to metalthionine.

try boosting vitamin A both from vegetables and supplement or even try cod liver oil

heres a video showing that vitamin can lower mast cell activation and lower you histamine symptoms

Coderr

What is Acv?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals