Only Caffeine Gets Rid Of My Chronic Constipation, The Question Is WHY!

Xisca

Colostrum is here highly valued when it it the period of new born goats. There is Little, so it is not even sold. I tasted it once only, and would not think about finding this for a daily basis.

Xisca

About the help of fats: I think fat is more useful than fiber to have bowel movements! Lubrification, and all can move better without any irritation.

But mainly, remember that those movements are directed by the autonomous nervous system, and that sympathic activation must be low sometimes in the day to be able to let digestión happen.

OP
Q

Quality

Quality, I don't want to appear to come out of left field, but I used to just drink hot water in the morning and it would get my bowels moving. I wonder if your coffee hot and having good bowels is the result of it being hot. Jus a thought.
Warm liquids do tend to have a minor benefit to me, but honestly I think its down to the caffeine content for me since large pieces of bitter chocalate have the same effect as coffee on me.

OP
Q

Quality

A breakfast high in fat and sugar gets me going. Egg fried in heaps of butter and plenty of salt, huge glass of fresh orange juice. This is usually enough, but I always have coffee too, w/ big teaspoon honey and plenty of full-cream milk. At some point in my consumption of these three things I will be skipping off to the loo. Have you tried a breakfast like this?
My diet is OCD typed balanced, and yes I do tend to eat plenty of fat about 30-40% of my calory intake, including plenty satured fat (most coming from cooked eggs/full fat yoghurt/goat cheese) and cholestrol including 4 table spoons of oliveoil and 4 table spoons of coconutoill.
And I used to get kind of addicted to orange juice in the past (If theres 2 liter packs in the fridge, 1 would give me an unresistable urge to drink all the can and I would end up doing that) so I've stopped buying that, I eat a whole orange every morning instead.

OP
Q

Quality

@Bahaa El wazzan
No need to shout.

I'm sure you are right that babies usually inherit some of their mothers microbiome, and that it's balance affects health.
AIUI, though, it doesn't mostly come from the milk :whistle, though colostrum and breastfeeding do support a healthy gut - it is good to do if one can.
Also, the balance changes a lot as baby grows and eats other foods - whatever it was like as a baby, it's going to be very different by adulthood.
Well it serves as a starting point for the gut, we all know how fast babys develop including their brains, so fixing the gut later on in life will probably kind of balance but not fully restore mental illnesses.

OP
Q

Quality

Also, with the stimulating effect of caffeine, are you making sure you consume coffee after food and with plenty of milk and sugar? That's the only way I know of to get the benefits from it while also being protected from it.

I rarely consume coffee these days, maybe once a month, it makes me too emotional.
I use chocamine plus supplement now, which has the same effect on my stools ( a very positive one ).

Only thing im slightly worried about in the long run are my iron levels (cocao known to inhibit iron absorbtion), it was slightly below the low range, not much, but still.
The ferritine transfer system or whatever it was called was ok in my blood though, guess I have low iron plasma levels, though the fact that i excersize 5 times a week (2 times cardio, 3 times weights) might have to do with this.
Transferritin or whatever it is called was fine though and I definatly have no signs of anemia, I have excess energy rather.

tara

Well it serves as a starting point for the gut,
Not the starting point. They usually pick up a relevant sample of their mother's gut microbiome before they get any milk (or colostrum) from her.

A. squamosa

My diet is OCD typed balanced, and yes I do tend to eat plenty of fat about 30-40% of my calory intake, including plenty satured fat (most coming from cooked eggs/full fat yoghurt/goat cheese) and cholestrol including 4 table spoons of oliveoil and 4 table spoons of coconutoill.
And I used to get kind of addicted to orange juice in the past (If theres 2 liter packs in the fridge, 1 would give me an unresistable urge to drink all the can and I would end up doing that) so I've stopped buying that, I eat a whole orange every morning instead.

Maybe try throwing in some butter and throwing out olive oil for a while, and replacing the yoghurt (high in lactic acid) with some good ricotta/cottage cheese - they can be eaten in a lot of the same ways. Also, the fibre in orange is an irritant to the gut, so juice without the pulp is the best way to benefit from oranges. I frequently juice my own oranges so OD'ing on them is avoided by my laziness :wink.

Lianda

MAGNESIUM CITRATE IS DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH

AND EVEN RAY PEAT DIDNT RECOMENDED IT AT ALL
AND HE SAID ABOUT IT
ITS DANGEROUS

AND HE ADVISED THAT WE TAKE IT FROM FOOD ITS ALO ALOT BETTER

There are many forms of magnesium. I take Magnesium Malate or Magnesium glycinate. If there was a fire in my house, I'd run back in to get the magnesium. I have to change my dose depending on how much stress, or exercise I do- but I'm at about 600 - 700 mg. No constipation, no muscle cramps- UNLESS I don't take my magnesium.

There are many forms of magnesium. I take Magnesium Malate or Magnesium glycinate. If there was a fire in my house, I'd run back in to get the magnesium. I have to change my dose depending on how much stress, or exercise I do- but I'm at about 600 - 700 mg. No constipation, no muscle cramps- UNLESS I don't take my magnesium.
That's awesome

I was reading for peat
He said the safer one is magnesium carbonate

I bought it at vitaminsshope it's a powder form

I'm taking it with 1/4 tea spoon of salt

My bowel movement is very good

I take it like 5 times a day

Ray peat said
That sodium/salt
Is better with magnesium

And said too that hypothyroidism can't hold magnesium and sodium

Anyway I Don't like any supplement

So I'm taking salt and magnesium together

It's really good

Good luck @Lianda

OP
Q

Quality

Maybe try throwing in some butter and throwing out olive oil for a while, and replacing the yoghurt (high in lactic acid) with some good ricotta/cottage cheese - they can be eaten in a lot of the same ways. Also, the fibre in orange is an irritant to the gut, so juice without the pulp is the best way to benefit from oranges. I frequently juice my own oranges so OD'ing on them is avoided by my laziness :wink.
Im not a fan of the taste of butter, but I do bake in it from time to time.
And I usually eat cottage cheese about every other day, as for the orange juice. I got an addiction to that, ill drink the entire package at once, thats why i buy single oranges at a time and consume them in the morning, that way I cant choke down the entire liter in the morning :)

WestCoaster

Simple, cortisol is linked to IBS symptoms, and both constipation and diarrhea (and everything in between).

Ever wonder why people generally have their bowel movements in the morning? That's when their cortisol spike is usually at it's highest. That is also why coffee has the "laxative" effect on people. It not only can get things moving quickly, but also cause diarrhea as well. I'd be more concerned as to why your constipated in the first place. Are you not getting enough electrolytes or sodium in your diet? Not sleeping enough?

ellebarrasi

I just posted something about constipation regarding sulfoxidation/sulfation under the aspirin and constipation thread. Could help you.

OP
Q

Quality

Ive started to eat far less vedgies and my constipation is pretty much gone now, guessing it was due to too much fiber intake which have been a huge part of my diet in the past.
Yet the caffeine seemed to get rid of the constipation while on a high fiber diet.

Back
Top Bottom