From taking 2.5mg copper per day for a month, my levels changed from 81 to 84

ironfist

I think I have lowish copper and the reason I say this is because whenever I take zinc I get tendonitis. Supposedly, zinc chelates copper which causes tendonitis.

So I decided to get them tested.

My copper was 99 on a chart that goes from 70 - 175. But then I began taking a little zinc. I began using the copper at this time, too.

A month later my copper was 81. A month later it's 84.

I've been feeling better... I don't know how to describe it, but this could be caused by thiamine, caffeine, or therapy, all of which I have started simultaneously.

Last edited:
OP
I

ironfist

Since someone will ask, my ceruloplasmin levels were 28 when copper was 99 and 24 when copper was 84.

golder

I want to increase my copper levels but do not reduce my zinc too much. What would be a sensible amount/ratio of copper glycinate to zinc carnosine to take?

Nomane Euger

I want to increase my copper levels but do not reduce my zinc too much. What would be a sensible amount/ratio of copper glycinate to zinc carnosine to take?
No.

Nomane Euger

BearWithMe

Blood levels are not very good indicator of the actual copper levels in your body.

L91

I think people say 10:1 for Zinc and Copper , or 12:1. I take something like that and it works for me.

I'm.No.One

Wouldn't it be much safer to simply eat copper & zinc rich foods?

Seems like it would be more bioavailable & naturally prevent you from throwing your balance out of whack.

Healthseeker

Yeah but then you wouldn't know if it was the copper or if it was some other nutrient.

Not that that's a bad idea when I go to the surf and turf buffet at shoneys I eat plates of mussels and I'm pretty sure that it does me good. I eat almost all of them they have have set out, not just a few.

I'm.No.One

Yeah but then you wouldn't know if it was the copper or if it was some other nutrient.
If it helps why do you need to know what exact compound in the food did so? Especially when you already know things such a shell fish have copper & zinc.

That's kinda like saying you'd take vitamin C versus eating oranges because it might be something else in the oranges that helps you.

No judgement, I've just seen people hurt themselves trying to take copper/zinc in synthesized form when there are foods plentiful in both that are in complete natural balance.

Also to share chocolate & fresh squeezed OJ helped me with my copper levels in just a few months of consistently eating them weekly without tanking my zinc levels.

OP
I

ironfist

Can you explain how it happened when you saw people hurt themselves taking copper or zinc?

OP
I

ironfist

When I took even half a pill (so half of a 22mg pill I feel) of zinc picolinate, with 2.5mg copper, my copper decreased and I got joint pain.

Don

Maybe considering joining this FB group.

Ben.

Chris Masterjohn does not recommend zinc as picolnic. Apparantly not very usable (not to be mistaken with absorbable) and most gets excreted in urine as far as i understand.

Ben.

Which form does he recommend?
The brands he used to recommend used zinc L-methionine sulfate.

Altough i want to add to my previous comment that that is/was just "that" guys opinion/theory. If someone can't get copper/zinc up there could be different reasons. There are also people that report many benefits from the picolinic zinc.

Similar to magnesium or any other mineral, one form sadly doesn't fit all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals