Supplementing Zinc & TMG has eliminated a lot of my issues

Angel45

Lol I learned of pyroluria years ago since I believed I had it myself.

The body does not reject zinc, that is utter nonsense. You would be dead so fast if this were the case quickly showing signs of severe zinc deficiency. We do have an epidemic of zinc deficiency in the world, with around 1 billion estimated to be zinc deficient due to utter trash diets low in animal proteins. Old propaganda that made everyone think red meat is bad is also a major part of this. The zinc RDA is low in probably should be around 15mg. But all this is not due to pyroluria. It is due to a chronically nutritionally deficient diet that leads to severe depletion of zinc.
Most people take a test for pyroluria. The Scottish have a high frequency of people with pyroluria which is made worse by drinking alcohol lololol. Causes anger and rage issues.

Kray

Lol I learned of pyroluria years ago since I believed I had it myself.

The body does not reject zinc, that is utter nonsense. You would be dead so fast if this were the case quickly showing signs of severe zinc deficiency. We do have an epidemic of zinc deficiency in the world, with around 1 billion estimated to be zinc deficient due to utter trash diets low in animal proteins. Old propaganda that made everyone think red meat is bad is also a major part of this. The zinc RDA is low in probably should be around 15mg. But all this is not due to pyroluria. It is due to a chronically nutritionally deficient diet that leads to severe depletion of zinc.
Do you recommend zinc supplements? If so, which form is best and how much per day? Not sure about pyroluria in my case, but have a stubborn case of eczema. Thanks for any help

OP
M

mattmm24

I purchased their 1 gram „bulk“ powder. It‘s cheaper than their other products and last pretty long. The only pain with it is the expensive international shipping if you live outside of the US.

I have received a notification that their european vendor (bioavailablecopper.eu) has restocked their products. They had international shipping products, but Charlie has said to me that he is actively solving that problem with them right now.

Do you recommend zinc supplements? If so, which form is best and how much per day? Not sure about pyroluria in my case, but have a stubborn case of eczema. Thanks for any help
Yes. I take limcomin with active B6. Also has zinc, copper,manganese, absorbic acid, magnesium, and a little vitamin a. Highly recommend B2 (active form) for most issues like that. And a little b9. But B2 is amazing

redsun

In general I dont recommend supplementing unless its for a specific condition. Your total daily intake from food and supplements should not exceed 40mg a day for long periods of time. Safer levels (in regards to reducing risk of copper deficiency) is 25-30mg a day total. So how much you can take is dependent on how much you get in your diet. Gluconate and glycinate forms are good.

Kray

In general I dont recommend supplementing unless its for a specific condition. Your total daily intake from food and supplements should not exceed 40mg a day for long periods of time. Safer levels (in regards to reducing risk of copper deficiency) is 25-30mg a day total. So how much you can take is dependent on how much you get in your diet. Gluconate and glycinate forms are good.
Do you think this could help with eczema?

redsun

Do you think this could help with eczema?
Generally zinc helps with all forms of skin issues if your intake is insufficient. If you test plasma zinc before you start supplementing and it is low, then lack of zinc is even more likely to be a contributing factor in skin problems. Also there is an inverse association between arachidonic acid intake and eczema. Getting more AA in the diet from egg yolks, and animal fats such as chicken fat and pork fat may improve your eczema.

Kray

Generally zinc helps with all forms of skin issues if your intake is insufficient. If you test plasma zinc before you start supplementing and it is low, then lack of zinc is even more likely to be a contributing factor in skin problems. Also there is an inverse association between arachidonic acid intake and eczema. Getting more AA in the diet from egg yolks, and animal fats such as chicken fat and pork fat may improve your eczema.
I don't have a problem with enough of the foods you mentioned, but as an older person maybe my requirements are higher. I usually have 1 alcoholic drink per day, and I wonder if I require a higher zinc intake.

redsun

I don't have a problem with enough of the foods you mentioned, but as an older person maybe my requirements are higher. I usually have 1 alcoholic drink per day, and I wonder if I require a higher zinc intake.
Usually old age is associated with reduced absorption of minerals like zinc and iron. So I would say it is definitely a possibility. Alcohol may also increase zinc and B vitamins needs. I would get plasma zinc tested if possible and because you consume alcohol you may also benefit from low dose B vitamins for your skin condition.

Kray

Usually old age is associated with reduced absorption of minerals like zinc and iron. So I would say it is definitely a possibility. Alcohol may also increase zinc and B vitamins needs. I would get plasma zinc tested if possible and because you consume alcohol you may also benefit from low dose B vitamins for your skin condition.
Do you think a drink a day is in the category of too much alcohol, assuming good nutrition and not imbibing to the point of tipsiness? In my case, either a glass of wine or 1 gin&tonic in the afternoon, usually before my evening meal. It is just so satisfying and relaxes me after a busy day. Does this scenario fall under the "light to moderate" category of alcohol given the amount per day, or "moderate to high" given that I consume alcohol daily? Thinking of my liver and its requirements for good function. I supplement milk thistle.

I recently began supplementing Zinc Gluconate 15-30 mg/day. As for balancing copper, do you think it wise to consider a combo of zinc/copper of 15:1, or try to incorporate more copper foods during the week, like oysters or iiver? Because copper is needed in mcg, not mg like zinc, I've always been hesitant to take a 2-in-1 on a fairly regular basis just to keep zinc levels high enough.

I appreciate your polnt about B vitamins and skin. If you are familiar with Energin, would either 1/2 dose or full dose be considered low-dose? I don't usually supplement B9 or B12 since they're covered pretty well in my diet.

Last edited:

redsun

Do you think a drink a day is in the category of too much alcohol, assuming good nutrition and not imbibing to the point of tipsiness? In my case, either a glass of wine or 1 gin&tonic in the afternoon, usually before my evening meal. It is just so satisfying and relaxes me after a busy day. Does this scenario fall under the "light to moderate" category of alcohol given the amount per day, or "moderate to high" given that I consume alcohol daily? Thinking of my liver and its requirements for good function. I supplement milk thistle.

I recently began supplementing Zinc Gluconate 15-30 mg/day. As for balancing copper, do you think it wise to consider a combo of zinc/copper of 15:1, or try to incorporate more copper foods during the week, like oysters or iiver? Because copper is needed in mcg, not mg like zinc, I've always been hesitant to take a 2-in-1 on a fairly regular basis just to keep zinc levels high enough.

I appreciate your polnt about B vitamins and skin. If you are familiar with Energin, would either 1/2 dose or full dose be considered low-dose? I don't usually supplement B9 or B12 since they're covered pretty well in my diet.
10 mg of zinc a day is safer long term. At 30mg you can easily go over the 40mg upper limit from the rest of the food in your diet which will start inhibiting copper absorption excessively and lead to deficiency. If your zinc intake is moderate and you eat copper rich foods through the week you shouldn't need a copper supplement. This is why I suggest 10mg a day. Dark chocolate, potatoes, certain fruits especially tropical fruits are good sources of copper. You dont need to eat liver for copper. The high retinol in the liver may be too hard on the liver so I would be wary of that. It may be a bad combo given the amount of alcohol you consume.

Alcohol is toxic to everyone but as you get older and your organs don't function as well it will be even worse for long term health. Safer levels of consumptions are few drinks a week at most. Your at 7 drinks a week. 8 is considered heavy drinking for women. So you are basically right there. Choline rich foods such as eggs will also help your liver function out and help reduce fatty liver. I suggest a 2-3 a day for most people.

I would consider 5-10 drops of energin low dose.

Kray

10 mg of zinc a day is safer long term. At 30mg you can easily go over the 40mg upper limit from the rest of the food in your diet which will start inhibiting copper absorption excessively and lead to deficiency. If your zinc intake is moderate and you eat copper rich foods through the week you shouldn't need a copper supplement. This is why I suggest 10mg a day. Dark chocolate, potatoes, certain fruits especially tropical fruits are good sources of copper. You dont need to eat liver for copper. The high retinol in the liver may be too hard on the liver so I would be wary of that. It may be a bad combo given the amount of alcohol you consume.

Alcohol is toxic to everyone but as you get older and your organs don't function as well it will be even worse for long term health. Safer levels of consumptions are few drinks a week at most. Your at 7 drinks a week. 8 is considered heavy drinking for women. So you are basically right there. Choline rich foods such as eggs will also help your liver function out and help reduce fatty liver. I suggest a 2-3 a day for most people.

Thanks redsun, your advice is very helpful and most appreciated. I see how the cumulative effects of alcohol are a better gauge rather than saying "I only have 1 drink a day". Hard to swallow (no pun) but I needed to hear that. I have wrongly assumed eating a healthy diet would cancel any negative effects of alcohol, but it is a reality that alcohol is toxic and can produce deleterious effects longterm. I do eat 2-3 eggs per day, so that is good to know for liver health.

My zinc tablet is 15 mg. Is that too much per day? I don't recall finding a zinc supplement that was only 10mg, but if you have, would you link? As for helping dermatitis, would B6 or P5P, or any other particular vitamin, be helpful beyond low-dose B complex?

What fruits are good sources of copper? I have a nightshade sensitivity, and although I love potatoes I have to be careful consuming them too much. Do you recommend oysters as well?

youngsinatra

Great advice, like always.

Oysters, potatoes, mushrooms, beans, avocado are also a great sources of copper. Oysters are also rich in zinc.

redsun

Thanks redsun, your advice is very helpful and most appreciated. I see how the cumulative effects of alcohol are a better gauge rather than saying "I only have 1 drink a day". Hard to swallow (no pun) but I needed to hear that. I have wrongly assumed eating a healthy diet would cancel any negative effects of alcohol, but it is a reality that alcohol is toxic and can produce deleterious effects longterm. I do eat 2-3 eggs per day, so that is good to know for liver health.

My zinc tablet is 15 mg. Is that too much per day? I don't recall finding a zinc supplement that was only 10mg, but if you have, would you link? As for helping dermatitis, would B6 or P5P, or any other particular vitamin, be helpful beyond low-dose B complex?

What fruits are good sources of copper? I have a nightshade sensitivity, and although I love potatoes I have to be careful consuming them too much. Do you recommend oysters as well?
15 mg should be alright just dont go over that but I would recommend 10mg if you can get it. If you eat oysters I would not take zinc the same day you do. Jamieson brand on amazon has a 10mg zinc gluconate supplement.

I think the low dose B complex should be sufficient because remember you are also getting B vitamins from your food as well.

Pineapple, mango, kiwi, are good examples. Youngsinatra gave some other good examples that I always forget about.

Kray

15 mg should be alright just dont go over that but I would recommend 10mg if you can get it. If you eat oysters I would not take zinc the same day you do. Jamieson brand on amazon has a 10mg zinc gluconate supplement.

I think the low dose B complex should be sufficient because remember you are also getting B vitamins from your food as well.

Pineapple, mango, kiwi, are good examples. Youngsinatra gave some other good examples that I always forget about.
Thanks redsun. Your knowledge and help are greatly appreciated 😊

Kray

redsun- a quick question to follow up, since the thread discusses TMG supplementation. Is there any red flag with eczema and undermethylation; hence, benefit from using TMG? If so, how much per day and when best to take?

Kray

@redsun I have a question related to eczema, As an inflammatory condition, would supplementing short-term, low-dose DHA/EPA be something to try? I have always steered clear of fish oils for all the reasons given here on the forum, as not being Peaty, so sorry for inflaming (no pun) anyone. Thanks-

redsun

@redsun I have a question related to eczema, As an inflammatory condition, would supplementing short-term, low-dose DHA/EPA be something to try? I have always steered clear of fish oils for all the reasons given here on the forum, as not being Peaty, so sorry for inflaming (no pun) anyone. Thanks-
I would recommend eating fish for omega 3, not fish oils.

Kray

I would recommend eating fish for omega 3, not fish oils.
Aren't the only fish known for significant levels of O-3 the fattier ones, like salmon? And grassfed beef and pastured eggs should have a fair amount of O-3?

redsun

Aren't the only fish known for significant levels of O-3 the fattier ones, like salmon? And grassfed beef and pastured eggs should have a fair amount of O-3?
All fish have omega 3. Salmon is more known because it is one of the best source, but seafood in generally will have it. Organic animal products generally do have omega 3 to some degree.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals