Ascorbate And The Copper Hand-Off

JDreamer

When I feel the coming of cold or Flu symptoms I take up to 3000 mg of either pill or powder C and the symptoms disappear. To me C is a good immune booster.

I'm glad someone else said this because it's the same way for me.

Literally last Thursday I was sitting at work, when I felt body aches and scratchy throat coming on. So when I get home (as usual) I popped 3,000mg's of VitC, sprayed some coilloidal silver on my throat, then went to bed. I would proceed to pop another 3,000-4,000mg's on Friday. Then by Saturday I woke up fine - albeit a bit of phlegm in my chest but that's normal when you break whatever it is before it gestates into something much worse.

When I feel endotoxin symptoms I take 3 to 5g of C and it is much better. I also take C with aspirin and baking soda.

GreekDemiGod

So my impression while listening to a podcast with Morley, he is mentally sharp in a way that reminds me of Peat, great memory and making lots of connections, and also great verbal fluency.
Physically, he does not seem to be slowing down aging. Gray & receded hair, aging skin.
So perhaps his diet/ lifestyle is keeping his mind sharp, but not so much his body/ physical appearance.
He also seems to be a bit authoritarian, like he knows it all and has already figured out everything.
Anyone read his book: Cure your Fatigue?

Kray

from endotoxins
Wow- I don't think I would have a clue that my body aches could be from endotoxins. Is this a common symptom? I've never heard of. Nice that you did, and knew what could help to mitigate it. By relieving the aches, did the concoction also actually help rid them from your body in some way? If so, by what mechanism?
And does baking soda balance the acid of the C and aspirin?

Wow- I don't think I would have a clue that my body aches could be from endotoxins. Is this a common symptom? I've never heard of. Nice that you did, and knew what could help to mitigate it. By relieving the aches, did the concoction also actually help rid them from your body in some way? If so, by what mechanism?
And does baking soda balance the acid of the C and aspirin?

You need to learn to recognize your body’s response to endotoxins. Paradoxically, lower body temperature is one, body aches are another. I have a pattern of aches I recognize. It is the same as a mild flu.

Kray

You need to learn to recognize your body’s response to endotoxins. Paradoxically, lower body temperature is one, body aches are another. I have a pattern of aches I recognize. It is the same as a mild flu.
Good to know the signs and what to do. I suffered hay fever since childhood- thankfully no asthma included. Twenty years ago during a bad spring I was allergy tested and wheat came up high, along with ragweed (no brainer). I eliminated wheat and some other things from my diet that I tested for. The doctor told me if I stayed away from wheat during hay fever my symptoms should be less severe. The next spring I tried it and voila- no allergy symptoms, no OTC meds. Now, when I cheat and eat poor-quality wheat products (Einkorn or sourdough ok), I feel fluish but only in my head, like a head cold. Makes it easier to stay away from wheat. Ha.
I am actually thankful to have a warning, maybe you are too, or I am sure I would cheat more. Since being introduced to Peat, it's so much easier to live without it, understanding what's really going on with the body's response, right?

Thanks for sharing your information!

Good to know the signs and what to do. I suffered hay fever since childhood- thankfully no asthma included. Twenty years ago during a bad spring I was allergy tested and wheat came up high, along with ragweed (no brainer). I eliminated wheat and some other things from my diet that I tested for. The doctor told me if I stayed away from wheat during hay fever my symptoms should be less severe. The next spring I tried it and voila- no allergy symptoms, no OTC meds. Now, when I cheat and eat poor-quality wheat products (Einkorn or sourdough ok), I feel fluish but only in my head, like a head cold. Makes it easier to stay away from wheat. Ha.
I am actually thankful to have a warning, maybe you are too, or I am sure I would cheat more. Since being introduced to Peat, it's so much easier to live without it, understanding what's really going on with the body's response, right?

Thanks for sharing your information!

A pleasure having you here, thank you!

Kray

A pleasure having you here, thank you!
Why do you think adding baking soda and aspirin does to mitigate the aches, than just vitamin C alone? How long before you get relief, and do you need to repeat? Do you normally take V-C; if so, how much daily?

ddjd

I've used l-ascorbic acid 7 grams per day. I'm now taking magnesium ascorbate, with some potassium ascorbate. And it's easy to make them from l-ascorbic acid. I just mix l-ascorbic acid with magnesium carbonate, and potassium bicarbonate. I could probably make calcium and sodium ascorbate just as easily. I would double the amount of l-ascorbic acid used when I convert it into ascorbates, to get the same effectivenss as l-ascorbic acid.

For so long I've taken vitamin C in form other than these. I never know what excipients they put in there. If I'm not taking excipient-free forms, I can't really blame vitamin C for allergies. Isn't this what Ray Peat has said about excipients? Many people are allergic to aspirin, but I suspect they're really allergic to the excipients. If you take the time to look at what stuff they roll together with aspirin and sell them as aspirin, it would make you doubt how much of the allergenic nature of the pill is coming from aspirin.

The form of vitamin C I loathe is the liposomal form. It's supposed to make vitamin C easily absorbed into the cell. That would have been a positive thing, but the negative is that you're also introducing soy or sunflower-based PUFAs that come along with the phospholipids that come with lecithin. It's a tradeoff I don't want. When I used a liposomal vitamin C, I couldn't sleep the whole night as I was hungry from the PUFAs. It just wrecked my blood sugar balance. It was the first time I couldn't sleep the whole night. The people who promote vitamin C generally have no idea how bad PUFAs are, and so they sing praises about liposomal C.

I agree with taking vitamin C in between meals. Vitamin C uses the GLUT1 (as well as SVCT1) transport channel. Glucose from meals will compete with Vitamin C absorption, so taking vitamin C away from meals is better.

Just this week, I've finalized on using magnesium ascorbate as my lead chelating protocol to remove lead from my kidneys, after trying different forms of magnesium. It was just under my nose all this time. It has been a year of testing all combinations of magnesium and ascorbic acid. Magnesium ascortbate is so affordable. Magnesium carbonate - very affordable. So is l-ascorbic acid powder.

I agree with you @zmkd @Janelle525 on how useful and underappreciated vitamin C is in this forum. But I'm glad we're adding to success stories here on vitamin C.
Yerrag can you do an update on your opinion of magnesium Ascorbate please, thanks

ddjd

What does anyone here think of sodium copper chlorophylin as a way to supplement copper? Would this be considered a copper 1 form since it is plant based? Maybe it would be a good alternative to MitoSynergy for those that can't/won't afford it.
You might find my thread interesting, very last post on page 6 with the recipe/ technique

Dave Clark

You might find my thread interesting, very last post on page 6 with the recipe/ technique

I found the answer to my question on the sodium copper chlorophylin. Apparently, 'natural' is in the form of 'magnesium', and the 'coppering' is done for aesthetic reasons in food products, etc. So, the 'copper' version would not be Cu1, from what I have gathered in this article:

Kray

Yes but it’s rare now. I rarely have these symptoms. I am not sure why, but I feel so good these days.
Well, that's good to hear! Do you attribute it to your diet, or what? What were your endotoxin symptoms? Do you mainly stick with Peat-y foods? Not this topic, but wonder if you've adopted any of the low-A guidelines?

Well, that's good to hear! Do you attribute it to your diet, or what? What were your endotoxin symptoms? Do you mainly stick with Peat-y foods? Not this topic, but wonder if you've adopted any of the low-A guidelines?

I drink milk, have an egg, lots of rice and masa harina, a little cheese, collagen, lots of coffee, some tea, some fruit, well cooked veggies. I am not sure why the symptoms are gone. One thing I’ve been doing for a few months is 1mg of melatonin at bedtime. Could that be it? I just don’t know.

The symptoms were like having a mild flu, lots of body aches.

I do lots of other stuff too of course.

Last edited: