Facial Changes In Marine Corps Bootcamp (Before And After)

bk_

What causes these kind of facial changes and is it healthy?
upload_2019-5-6_8-13-37.jpeg

Runenight201

Probably a teenager not done maturing and eating an unoptimal masculine hormonal diet prior to joining the marines. I know for a fact boot camp is not conducive for optimal health, but the male in this picture has objectively improved his appearance afterwards.

Nick W.

If not airbrushed, here are the major differences:
-Enlarged masseters makes jaw look wider.
-Neck muscles grew
-Darker undertone to the skin. Sun, and probably diet.
-Broader nose. Probably due to the new habit of keeping his bleepin' mouth shut and having to nosebreathe more.
-Overall more confident looking. Lost his the deer in the headlights look. It makes his eyes/brows more relaxed and his lips are less flaccid.

Making them stand, sit, eat, etc in the upright position has got to play a big role. That's what myofunctional therapists have their clients do. Also, he probably ate better than his mac 'n cheese teenager diet.

Nebula

This is a recruitment poster. I would take it as seriously as a fat loss program infomercial. Higher androgens do have a masculinizing effects on bone structure and fat distribution on the face and rest of the body though. Not in six weeks, maybe more like a year.

I'm not sure higher or lower androgen levels are necessarily healthier in a male. Its the chronic high cortisol, prolactin, estrogen, and serotonin that would indicate worse health. High chronic stress can increase some androgens, while just short intense stresses (weight lifting, sprinting) that a man fully recovers from will increase androgens without increasing chronic stress hormones.

Last edited:

Sheik

It could be doctored, it is an advertisement after all.

I think the physical demands can change overall muscle function. Notice the hooded eyes in the second picture. Brings to mind the phrase "the character armor of pattern baldness", and how some people walk around with really tense scalps. It's been suggested that this is associated with forward head. In fact, such a change in neck thickness from the first pic could simply be from pulling his head back. I notice the same change when I look in the mirror and pull my head back. So that could be a factor.

I've also heard it said that when a man works out and gains a lot of muscle, his face can even become more muscular. I think increased testosterone can account for this.

InChristAlone

His eyes look more droppy to me. Probably got about 20 vaccines as well damaging his nervous system.

T

TheBeard

I’m surprised nobody mentioned they probably straight up give them steroids.

It has been proven to be the case on duty, so why not in the bootcamp?

thomas00

A lot of poor people join the military to escape poverty. He could just have been eating better. I imagine a lot more sunlight too.

LiveWire

It’s an ad produced by an ad agency. Ads lie. Nobody expects them not to. The guy’s skull is at least an inch wider.

Last edited:

Collden

Looks like he got a little closer to Alfred E Neuman, not sure if a good thing.

Hans

Forum Supporter
He does look more mature, but his canthal tilt is worse which is a sign of elevated cortisol.

Stressful bootcamps are know to significantly decrease DHEA and elevate cortisol.
I'm also pretty sure they are not getting quality protein or even perhaps enough calories at all. 6 weeks is a pretty short period of time to see a significant change.

ShotTrue

It could be doctored, it is an advertisement after all.

I think the physical demands can change overall muscle function. Notice the hooded eyes in the second picture. Brings to mind the phrase "the character armor of pattern baldness", and how some people walk around with really tense scalps. It's been suggested that this is associated with forward head. In fact, such a change in neck thickness from the first pic could simply be from pulling his head back. I notice the same change when I look in the mirror and pull my head back. So that could be a factor.

I've also heard it said that when a man works out and gains a lot of muscle, his face can even become more muscular. I think increased testosterone can account for this.
The brow ridge to me looks already present in the first picture. It's more like the lids under his eyes are more upraised. Smaller eyes are androgenic
I do agree about test increasing bone and muscle expression in the face

ShotTrue

Besides stress I imagine a military bootcamp is highly androgenic, strict exercise and food regimen, being around aggressive males, psycholgical training, high stress but in a more productive manner like weight training

Sheik

The brow ridge to me looks already present in the first picture. It's more like the lids under his eyes are more upraised. Smaller eyes are androgenic
I do agree about test increasing bone and muscle expression in the face
I meant to imply that with improved posture and confidence, maybe his scalp is more relaxed in the second photo, making his eyebrows lower.

My theory: the second picture was actually taken a couple of years later.

LiveWire

Just wondering, whether the face of Haidut (who i greatly respect) has been through the same kind of anthropological and hormonal scrutiny seen here and in so many other threads, and I missed it.

Sheik

Just wondering, whether the face of Haidut (who i greatly respect) has been through the same kind of anthropological and hormonal scrutiny seen here and in so many other threads, and I missed it.
I don't think he's been 'out there' enough for us to know.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals