Facial Changes After 19-20?

demen

Hello people,

Im turning 20 next month, Always been a late bloomer and so looking younger for my age. People most of the times estimate me like a 17-18 year old. Since I know there are plenty of older guys on this forum, I wanted to ask if you guys saw changes facially after 20?(e.g. wider face, bigger jaw/chin, browridge development etc.) Or have you seen people around you change since their late teens? Let me know!

MrBenjamin

It is possible but from what I've researched, changes in facial bone structure become difficult after 20, and are very slow. I certainly don't see evidence that the facial bones completely fuse around 20. which is what some places on the internet seem to imply. In fact there are orthodontists who do expansion in adulthood. Different areas of the head seem to grow at different rates.
The only issue is that every technique seems to be less effective and slower the older you get. Of course, this is dependent on things like hormones too.

I have yet to see definitive research that tells us exactly how the face grows in adulthood. I'm skeptical of anyone making definitive claims about what is possible in terms of growth in adults. Obviously on AVERAGE people stop growing in their early 20s, generally speaking. But could that also correlate with various hormones? What if the hormone levels didn't peak around this time? What if they were higher later on?
I haven't seen many studies on the effects of hormone differences on that lack of growth, or whether it can be induced later. This is probably just a field that isn't well researched. I mean, what medical condition would it definitively treat? If it doesn't involve a specific disease it will be harder to get funding for research, so it isn't a surprise that there aren't a lot of studies on these things. I'd just keep an open mind.

Do you have any particular thoughts/concerns or ideas that you are looking at?

AnonE

Yes! I had major facial changes from 24 to 27, for the better. It's actually kind of ridiculous lol.

I started focusing more on nutritional supplements and cutting out foods and habits that were messing with my hormones. I think skull bones keep re-modelling indefinitely until you die. Unlike other bones determining your height. My theory is that your face/skull is constantly getting re-modelled (though slowly, and within genetic limits) based on your hormonal state.

OP
D

demen

Yes! I had major facial changes from 24 to 27, for the better. It's actually kind of ridiculous lol.

I started focusing more on nutritional supplements and cutting out foods and habits that were messing with my hormones. I think skull bones keep re-modelling indefinitely until you die. Unlike other bones determining your height. My theory is that your face/skull is constantly getting re-modelled (though slowly, and within genetic limits) based on your hormonal state.

Thanks for responding and info. But are sure that you didn't just lose 'babyfat' on your face when you talk about your changes? Or did you really get features you didnt have before...

AnonE

Probably a combination, better hormone state means less fat and less water retention. Almost certain jaw widened and cheekbones went out a bit. I did a year of high dose Vitamin K2, and finally increased calcium intake consistently. Skull is probably larger.

Did you ever get the comment "you have a small head"? I did in my early 20s lol, was really annoying.

Constatine

I agree. Our faces and body in general are relatively dynamic. Its just that its rare for someone's lifestyle and hormonal profile to truly change.

AnonE

Yeah I did a lot of self experimenting because **** it... just wasn't happy with where I was at. Definitely paid off though ;)

OP
D

demen

Probably a combination, better hormone state means less fat and less water retention. Almost certain jaw widened and cheekbones went out a bit. I did a year of high dose Vitamin K2, and finally increased calcium intake consistently. Skull is probably larger.

Did you ever get the comment "you have a small head"? I did in my early 20s lol, was really annoying.

Im never commented on it but I do have a pretty small head. Sunglasses always look too big on me for example. But thankfully there is hope, I will look into the stuff you have done.

olive

If you’re really interested look into osteoblast and osteoclasts. Bone remodeling past puberty is very real. This is evidenced by looking at female steroid users. In a matter of just a year I’ve seen a woman’s facial bones change dramatically using AAS, to the point of being unrecognisable from her former self.

Luckytype

Absolutely real. My face hardened significantly in my mid twenties and further in my early 30s. My cheeks have widened and hardened.

Im also young looking for my age, im mistaken so much at a disadvantage professionally because people think im right out of college.

Last edited:
Definitely noticed a change as well. Bigger cheekbones, wider jaw. I wasn't specifically going after that. Whether it's having a more nutritious diet, more calories, more protein, using K2 Mk4 (I use Thorne), getting more calcium (drank little milk most of my life until I came across Peat/Matt Stone) that had the effect, it's hard to say. It's probably things just shifting where they should have been as hormonal profile improves and the body is in more of an anabolic state than catabolic. I wouldn't get too obsessive about this though as I've noticed a lot of dysmorphia on this forum. I think you just have to give your body the right materials and the right stress-free environment and then it'll transform into a more 'ideal' state overtime, but one that's unique to you and suits your own organism's flourishing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals